Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #6

Hi!

Grr Louis was up at 6.25am this morning! (I didn't get him up until 7am though!) He's going to need a big day sleep today I think as he only had 45min yesterday!!

Nikki - Sorry to hear that Easter was a bit of a trying time...Glad you had a great time at the beach though - would have been perfect weather for it! Yeah at your house settling! How exciting! I so don't blame you for saying no more friends over - I really don't know how you do it!! You're such a supermum! Sounds like a break will be really good for you - pity it's to do painting though! hehehe.
    Trust me Nikki - I want this baby out!! hehe. Yeah, I shall do tonight! a last effort to follow Cindy's footsteps! hehehe.
    Good luck with the Prado and the Target catalogue!!! Hope you got a good sleep in overnight!!

Hi girls,
    Wow Cindy, how exciting. Will be sending you lots of calm and relaxing vibes for a nice speedy labour on Thursday/Friday... Can't wait to hear which name you have chosen. I love all three you listed, but I especially love Gabrielle! I have a really nice association wiht that name. My cousin named her daughter Gabriela and she's known as Gaby. She's now 11 and the most gorgeous girl. I guess I've left it to late to guess your delivery date now you are being induced. My guess for your bubba's weight is 6lb5oz.

Kristie, Hope Dylan decides to get a move on. It must be really hard waiting the last couple of weeks after Louis came early. he he. Must be too comfy in there. Sounds like you are trying all the tricks in the book to bring on labour, so hopefully things will start to happen soon. My guess for your delivery date is next Wednesday and weight for Dylan is 7lb 4oz.

Rachael, Sorry to hear your little man scared you with his escape. So good to hear all ended well and that Milo is safe and sound! Gussy often tries to make it onto the road in front of our house, but so far we've managed to intercept him first. We have a staircase from the house down to street level and then a gate onto the street. Gus's legs are still a bit too short for him to get down the stairs quickly as has to commando climb down. Thankfully this seems to slow him down enough that we can get to him before he gets to the street. Your story has reminded me that we need to really keep an extra close eye on him. xx

Linda, Hello... Hope you are well. Great to see more of you in here. xx

Tracey, How exciting to hear Jordan's walking. What a clever boy!!! Doesn't it make a huge difference to his interaction with the world! Wow our bubbas are all growing up now aren't they!

Melissa, Congratulations on your new job. How exciting! How many shifts will you be able to work? Will they all be at night? That sounds like a great way to make some extra $ without having to spend on childcare (asuuming your DH can watch Benjamin at night)...

Nikki, you are a super mum. Sorry to hear Corey is challenging your patience. Kids seem to intuitively know which buttons to press to get us really wound up don't they! Little monkeys! Sounds like a great plan to keep the numbers in your house down for the next little while. You are juggling so much at the moment. Congratulations on the house settling. How exciting. Clever idea getting C and H into childcare, will make your painting soooo much more efficient. When do you think you'll move in? Fingers and toes crossed that the next Target catalogue has some pictures of Chantelle (and Tori) in it.

Well as for me, I'm still in limbo. I'm not really feeling pregnant - but then I don't think I really did with Fergus either. I had a hcg blood test yesterday (my first this preg) so am now waiting to get a call with the results. My gp doesn't think it's looking good based on the most recent u/s. Apparently the hcg levels should be in the thousands by now if the preg is ongoing. Fingers crossed. xxxxxxx

Gussy's still having probs with his infection. The operation involved three incision sites. It was to repair bilateral hydrocoele and to excise two sacral sinuses. The two hydrocoele incisions are healing well however the site of the sacral sinuses excision is infected. Poor little man has a couple deep pockets of infection beneath the incision which are causing him an amazing amount of pain (and not to mention pusss etc). He can't sit down or lie on his back comfortably as it seems to put to much pressure on these areas for him to handle. Things are improving, but not as quickly as I'd like. We were back at the dr yesterday and he said that he wants me to squeeze the incision at every nappy change to help the pussy muck drain away. That's easier said than done as the incision site is literally in the cleavage of his bottom cheeks - and as it's painful, Gussy does a really good job of keeping me well away from it. Blahhhh. He's such a little darling and tries to be really brave. I hope he's ok again soon. He's still not eating (at all) or drinking anything other than a few sips of water, so there were no Easter things that tempted him at all. I don't know what we'll do with that boy! He is currently cutting his 2yo molars - so has a full mouth of teeth, but won't use them! Little monkey.

Here's hoping my preggy advice/instincts are wrong and that my Nov bubba in tum is safe and sound. Will pop back in a bit later. Sorry this has turned into a HUGE post. xx

Cindy - OMG! I can't believe it's truly that soon...I thought Kristie was going to be before you? I think somehow others in here thought it was going to be like that too...

Kristie - What's happening? You were meant to be in there with Cindy...well it would have been good. Maybe you won't be too far behind.

Thanks for the congrats ladies...I have work tonight, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. I'm only a casual, 15 - 20 hours a week. I start work at 6pm. Mid week I'm out of there a bit after 9pm, and on Saturdays it's about 11pm before I get out of there. I do mainly dishwashing with a little bit of prep work. It's a grubby job, but less grubby than the meatworks. I'm happy with it. Dh gets home at 4:30pm and I leave around 5:45pm. As long as dinner is cooked, Dh is happy.

Melissa

Congrats on the job Melissa!

Cindy, oooh how exciting!

Kristie I am sure you will be soon too!

Hi girls, Just popping back in to tell you my dr just called. My beta hcg levels are 20500. I'm so confused. Apparently that is within the normal range for someone of my approximate gestation, but its not in itself conclusive of an ongoing preg, so I guess I'm really none the wiser. Off for another u/s tomorrow morning to see whether we can find a heartbeat tomorrow. That will be more conclusive. By now there should definitely be a fetal pole. Anyhoo, off to the drs to pick up my referral for the u/s. Chat later. Hope everyone is enjoying the superb weather today. Can't believe it's April and we're in summer clothes still!

Nikki - sorry to hear corey tested you on the weekend! How did the PPP go? did you get much out of it?
    Good luck with the painting, I cant wait to come and visit your new pad!
    The car sounds great - did grant get the money back from the other one?

Well i had my last morning of work today which was really nice - got spoilt by my boss and the other girls. Then went to the movies but left and hour into it coz tori was getting so tired and bored. She is asleep now though so i am going to try to get a nap too!
    I rang the hospital today and they have me on their list for tomorrow but i have to call again in the morning at 6am to see if they actually have a bed or me or not, but if they do i will probably be admitted at 7.30am to get it all started! I am hoping that i will have had bub by the afternoon so i can leave first thing the next morning. I am going to miss tori so much. I was in tears last night about it, she woke, as she always does in the middle of the night and i was just thinking that i wont get those cuddles in the middle of the night as often soon coz i will need to be with the new one! Oh well, cant have everything.
    Everyone cross their fingers for me that bub is a good weight and doesnt have to go into the nursery!

Speak to you all later!

Good luck Cindy. I've got all appendages crossed for you that the delivery goes exactly as you would prefer and your gorgeous bundle surprises you with her size. I wish you happy and healthy birth. I can imagine how hard it must be thinking about leaving Tori at home. Hopefully you will be sufficiently busy with princess number 2 so you won't be to sad about Tori not being with you. She knows how much you love her! xx

Hi!

Kirsty - Thanks for your guess! I've put it down in my book! Yes - I'm very impatient right now...
    What a tought time for you at the moment! Poor little Gussy - It must be so hard on the both of you at the moment. I really hope he gets better soon!
    How confusing for you - Good luck for your u/s tomorrow! I so hope there's a happy little bubba in your tummy!

Melissa - I know!! I need to get a message to Dylan that it's time to go!! hehe.
    Sounds like your job fits in perfectly with Benjamin and your dh!! Thats great!

Rachael - Thanks!!!! Hope you're well!

Cindy - Glad you had a good day finishing up with work! bugger about the movie! I can totally understand about worrying about Tori and having time/cuddles with her - I feel the same with Louis! I'm sure somehow we will manage to juggle the kids! hehe. I'm sure bubba will be nice and healthy and ready to be with her family! I can't wait to hear your news - you have to message me as soon as you can!! I hope it happens as quickly and as easily as your labour with Tori! Big big hugs!! I was telling Michael how jealous I am that you're going to meet your princess tomorrow! hehehe.

No real news from me - we went for a big walk this morning and I took Louis to the library to borrow some new books..otherwise a quiet day which was nice! Dh is out so I'm sure I'll be having another early night....I never know when all this sleep is going to come to an end! hehe.

Hi Ladies

well we definatly have a walker here, mum said he walked everywhere today and he has since he got home. He walked all over the backyard, it was gorgeous. I cant wait to show everyone
    Am so tired today DH kept me up last night as he wanted some. I didnt get to sleep till midnight and the alarm went off at 5.40am SO not impressed. Although it really was great.

Cindy good luck with everything tomorrow. I cant wait to hear the news so someone please SMS me.
    Kristie OK you are next, cant wait to meet Dylan aswell.
    Nikki YEAH on the house settlement. Hope the painting goes well. Hope Harry and Chantelle feel better soon.
    Kirsty sorry to hear that the results are not conclusive. I pray that everything with bubs is ok. Sorry to hear Gus is having such a rough time, I hope he gets better soon.
    Melissa Yeah on the job. Glad you are enjoying it.
    Rachael how is everything?

take care everyone

Justa quick one for the moment - My friend nikki has just messaged me saying the wiggles have released more shows and is wanting to know if anyone is interested in tickets?? The shows are 28th and 29th of June at 3pm!

Kirsty - thank you for your sweet words, it really means alot to have all of you out there i cyber space!

Kristie - get working on that labour!! we needto coodinate this!

Ooh I want tickets!! However, I do think I'm mad taking Louis with a newborn bubba! hehehe.
    I've just been bouncing on the fitball! hehehe. His big boofa head is hurting me but I don't think he's actually getting anywhere! hehe.

Trace - Yeah on Jordan walking!! Thats fantastic! LOl at being kept up last night - you'll have to get an early one tonight! hehe.

I would love to go to the wiggles count me in.

me, dh and milo want to go too!

Kristie - I am guessing 7lb 3oz for you, on Sunday 15th

cindy,yes,i will come,count me and chantelle in please,tell nikki that it is important that she get online asap to get the tickets as they will go really really fast and i would hate to miss out again.how are we going to organise it,if she likes she can send me her account details and i will transfer money into her account if she is going to pay by visa.i know that you have a busy day tomorrow so if you do get a chance to read this before you go in maybe you could give me her number and i can ring her with numbers and organise the money with everyone.
    good luck for tomorrow sweety.tori will be just fine without you for a few days,al will just have to take over as grant did with chantelle.
    okay night night everyone.
    nikki

Morning!

Thanks Rachael! You're on my list as well! I'm starting to cross people out as each day passes with no Dylan though...hehe. Most people have predicted in the next week but I want him NOW! hehehe...I had some pains overnight - I think I'm just trying too hard to have him today with Cindy! hehehe.

Well...just waiting to hear from Cindy today! I hope it's nice and quick for her! I'll post as soon as I get some news! She should be in the hospital now but I know how they can make you wait! I was meant to go in at 7.30am and didn't end up getting induced until 6pm that night!!

Chat later!

I've just come back from the u/s place. Had my u/s at 7.30am so DH could come before work and be there to watch Fergus. Sadly there's no signs of life. Poor little bubba must not have been meant to be. I'm now waiting to hear from my Ob as to when he can do a D&C. He usually does these types of procedures on Thursdays so I guess it will be next week. Boo hooo. Feeling quite sad actually. I think the hcg levels gave me a bit more hope that things were good. Shows they are not conclusive.

Oh Kirsty, I'm so sorry

KIRSTY i am so sorry,i was so thrilled yesterday when i read your post,i really thought you were going to give us some good news.i hope you are going to be ok,big hugs to you and dh,i am thinking of you both.will you be considering trying again?how is gussy going?
    kristie,what are you doing at home,you are maent to be in hospital today ,naughty dylan!
    cant wait to here from you about cindy.i will be thinking of her all day today,i just hope it is speedy and doesnt end up being a long labour,who knows if she doesnt have her till tomorrow maybe you might join her.did you do the do!
    ok off to the house to paint.
    love to you all
    nikki

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast