Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005

You leave the computer and strange things happen...A smaller forum group but still a very chatty one. I'm still trying to read all of Yael's post over again. It's so hard to catch up.

Nikki - I hope Harry gets into the groove of things soon with his sleeping. Didn't the tribe start school there again this week?

Deancey - Well, I'm with you on the baby making thing. My Dh is for it one minute then not the next. I wish he'd make up his mind...

Beck - My mum used to always rock up or phone our place in those intimate moments, but I think she got sick of us giving her the cold shoulder. Got to love them!

Missy - I'd love to see piccy's of your water feature...

Will hopefully catch up with all you yummy mummy's again extremely soon. This I can see is going to be a really busy thread. Keep up the good work ladies.

Melissa

Melissa How cute is your ticker...Love it .

WO"w, so much to catch up on!! Hi everyone!!
    Dani, welcome back, glad you've returned!!!
    We had a crappola night. Whenever she gets teeth we get these night wakings, so at 11.30mpm coco wakes screaming AND then tilly got up and was too scared to go back to sleep, so tim slept in coco's room, I slept in tillys. Think I managed 6 hours of broken sleep. Coco has slept perfectly the last month, just hate when teeth come through. It is broken through though, so hoping the unsettledness at night is over soon.
    Yael, that's so exciting that you're TTC2, I hope you get a BFP!!
    Christie, how are you feeling? What date are you due, and did you confirm you're having a girl? Do you have a name yet?
    Beck, CLASSIC about your MIL, that is so typical!! We actually get disturbed by either of the girls, with tilly she bolts into the room, so we have to be on gaurd the whole time! How romantic!!
    Tracey, Hello!!!Nice to meet you! How exciting that Jordan said his second word!! Coco is saying alot of things that aren't real words, but she says car and Tiddy (for her sister Tilly)!
    Tiggy, wow at going back to work, you certainly are amazing!! Must be such a rewarding job!
    Hello to everyone else and hope you all have a great day. Was just telling tim my plans for the day, they consist of cleaning the car out (at a petrol station, $2 for a vacuum), woollies shopping and swimminglesson for Tilly. So uninspiring!! Plus a sleep in there for coco hopefully!!
    will catch up later xoxoo

Ok not sure who it was that told me to hide monkey when Callum got up so he isnt always with it but its working at the moment. Although I had a terrible time taking it of him at first but I did and when we came out to the lounge room and I put him down he walked straight back into his room and looking in the cot for it and you know how you get when you are almost about to cry and get that funny noise and we feel a lump in the throat well that was Callum when he couldnt find it. I didnt give in but and just carried him back out and put him in his hair chair and gave him breccy. He ate it all up and now he is playing on his own. Woooohoooo But im sure it will only be a matter of time till he goes looking for it again. Oh and when he was in his room he was making a ma mo mo sound as if he was trying to tell me monkey....lol...very cute and I almost gave in but I didnt. Very proud of myself!!!!!!!!!!

Awwwww Meg sorry Cocco isnt feeling the best. Hope all will be ok soon. Have to laugh at everyone sleeping in different rooms...lol
    Last edited by Trillian; February 2nd, 2007 at 11:11 AM. Reason: two posts in a row

Missy, it's musical beds in this house!!
    Good work at hiding monkey!! You're doing a goodjob getting rid of the habit early. Coco has a dummy so I've got that to look forward to !!

LOL @ you Meg. I had that with Melissa and she had a dummy till 4. Only when she went to bed. But I just told her that some other little girl needed her dummy as she didnt have one and that worked. Good luck. When were you thinking of getting rid of it?????

Morning Girls,

Hope everyone slept well..i didn't the joys of pregnancy..i just couldn't get comfortable and settle in..didn't sleep longer than about half an hr all night..

Dani, Glad to have you back!!i was trying to msn you but i couldn't on my computer for some reason..i think this thread will still be busy, but not like the other..6 pgs in a few hours is just crazy, none of us could've kept up, and it certainly would've changed the group dynamic..anyway,its all good, just glad you're still here!!

Missy, can't wait to see your water feature and fingers crossed that the new monkey looks enough like callum's monkey to make a difference!!

Beck, eek at nearly getting busted..i bet DH was cranky!!

Hi to Deancy and Melissa, look forward to getting to know you!!

I'm ok today..just a bit stressed out..ben and i have been having a few dramas, well i have..i just don't feel like he cares about me..at 35 weeks prg i still do everything round the house(cook, clean, care of owen) even on the weekends..we had an argument then talk last week and he said to me "maybe i just expect too much.."WTF!!he doesn't do anything!!and all i could say was "i'm 35 wks prg..how much do you want me to do?!i cook your dinner every night, then get up after, clean the kitchen and dishes, make sure owen has had a nutritious dinner every night, bath him, give him his milk(well, ben carries him up to bed..)then get up thru the night with him if he needs it, on top of not sleeping myself because of prg" and he was like ok..i just don't know what to do, i have been so upset by this and don't know how to say something to him..he said he's just worried about how i'll cope when he's away, but when he's not here i'm fine, theres no stress and no mess..because i clean up after myself and don't leave junk lying around(eg tools on the dining table, shoes and socks on the lounge room floor)i'm getting really worried because i know he's not going to change and we're about to have bub and i'm not going to be able to cope with it all and a new baby..when i was preg with owen he was very supportive and couldn't do enough or fuss over me enough, which continued after owen was born, and i thought that having been thru it before he'd be more understanding..but now i feel like he honestly doesn't even love or care for me anymore..i'm so lost..sorry for the long and sad post..just really needed to vent and i don;t really have anyone else to talk toabout this..

Well i bet the other dec girls will be happy to see we're now in a smaller thread when they log on this morn..better go before owen gets into serious mischeif..he's trying to shove one of his roll-a-round balls into the dogs mouth as i type!!

Meg, we had another u/s 2 weeks ago and the lady there said she thought it was a girl but not 100%(a diff place to the first one)..but am still not convinced, won't be til shes born i guess..i haven't bought anything pink!!am due 5th of march, but have been having strong BH for weeks and the last 4 days have been haivng crampy pains every arvo/evening for a few hrs at a time..so hopefully will go early, am 36 weeks on monday coming..

Missy, i'm glad that hiding monkey is wroking so far..fingers crossed for you and a monkey free day!!
    Last edited by Trillian; February 2nd, 2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: two posts in a row

tiggy Guest

Oh Christie,
    I'm so sorry you are going through all of this when you are heavily pregnant. It's not fair. Are you able to have some time away from the house before baby comes, take Owen and leave Ben to his own devises? Maybe he will appreciate you more?

Dani - welcome back!

Girls, don't talk too much, LOL, I have to go out today and I want to be able to do personals when i get back!!

Meg, hope Coco feels better soon.

back soon.

Christie im so sorry your not having a nice time at the moment. Geeee some men can be A**** some times. I know I do alot but if I ask DH will always help. I guess Im one of the lucky ones. Although DH is messy. Im always cleaning up after him but he is getting better after I spatt the Dummy out big time one day. DD and DH know I can be abit firey and try not to mess up to much. Now Callum does all the mess but he is to little to clean up after himself. Im one of these mothers that have to put Callums toys away by myself as they have there special place and they get cleaned up every time he goes to bed. DH just chucks them anywhere and I come along and fix it. He LOL @ me all the time about it. Well I hope things get better for you hun as its going to be hard when bubs comes along.

Good luck

Yes it will be good to get rid of Monkey during the day!!!

Tiff I feel the same. Im going out and doing more house work so hope theres not like 2 or more pages to catch up on...lol

Take to you all later
    Last edited by Trillian; February 2nd, 2007 at 11:15 AM. Reason: two posts in a row - again!

Good Morning Guys

Just thought I would jump on and check in its seems so much calmer in here but you guys have been chatting up a storm.
    I can never keep up with you guys!!

I will jump on later when Hannah goes down for a nap! Which i think wont be long away she has been awake off and on since 5.00.

She iscoming to raid the study!!

christie,i know exactly what you are talking about.my dh was exactly the same and always has been.i think we do it too ourselves though,we spoil them so much and do everything for them so that they have to only lift a pinky finger when absolutly necessary.my dh just took me for granted and he just never thought to be any different cos it was what he was used to.but 2 weeks ago when i went into hospital to have harry he was put into a position to look after all the kids and do all the daily chores,of which he rudly found out was alot,he openly admited that he didnt realise what it took to run the children and the house daily and showed much appreciation for what i do around here,i have just made sure that he has not gone back to his old ways,he is back at work now so naturally he is not expected to cook dinner etc but i have made sure that he is taking part in the night time activities with me and the kids.he is now completly responsible for getting chantelle to bed and if she wakes overnight(which is every night)he has to tend to her,he has been doing this without complaining.he also helps aropund the kitchen now after meals instead of sitting in front of the tv with a beer while i do it all.i did absolutly everything right up to having harry at 39 weeks pregannt and i am not going to let that happen any more especially now that we have 4 children of which 2 are babies.so i guess what i am saying is a great time to break old habits would be when you go into hospital.goodluck,unfortuanlty they think we are super human without feeling at times. goodluck.
    nikki

Dani - I'm glad you have decided to stay, we would all miss you terribly!
    Hopefully three months will not be too had for me to keep up with.

Yael - I hope you win the bookshelf! I'm still waiting for the style that I want to be available and affordable. We got really lucky with the one we have now, I found it at a second had shop for $90, which for a solid hardwood (not pine) bookshelf, about 6'3" tall is pretty cheap. Pity if still onnly fits about a third of DH's books! oh well

Missy - Good luck with monkey!

Melissa
    - wow your liitle one is driving already! *lol* that really is a great photo!

Christie Sorry you're going through this. I hope things start to get a bit better soon.

Well, Milo was up at 5:30am again today :eek: He is sleeping a lot better at night in general, but waking early, so I am trying to "encourage" him to go back to 6-6:30 waking up. We shall see.

Smile

Hi Girls- I don't even know if my last post in the bigger one went through but I will introduce myself again.

My name is Renee (29 EEK!) married to a lovely man with a beautiful daughter Marnie (13 months - where did the time go?) and we are 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant!!
    We had our ultrasound on Wednesday which was very exciting - but the sonographer asked me not to bring Marnie to the next one. Don't think she quite understands that we drove 3 hours to have our scan - where were we going to leave her in the waiting room?

I read the posts - but pregnant mind forgot most of them so if my personals forget someone I am really sorry!

Dani - glad to see you are back! Looking forward to reading your posts - how did Ben's car die?

Beck - LOL about being caught (in your mind only perhaps?) Is TTC starting earlier than expected - your game even having sex with them in the house. ANytime David and I try to have a little daytime special (as David calls it - lovely!) Someone always comes to the door.

Missy - I think I might have missed why Callum can't be so dependent on his Monkey? Is it causing problems. Marnie automatically goes for her Ellie (pink Elephant Blankie) in the morning and she holds on to it for a while. She also grabs it for herself from her cot! I didn't think this was a problem - quite cute actually. It's great to hear your strategies are working.

Christie - HUGS TO YOU - maybe your DH needs to be Told specifically what to do? MEn really don't get it do they?

Meg - Big HUGS to you to for your lack of sleep last night!

Hi Tracey - looking forward to getting to knowyou!

HI Rachael - i hope Milo's sleeps even better for you tonight!

hi rach, tiff, sarajo, mel, kate, nicole mckay and all the other YUMMY MUMMY"S in this thread

I would also like to thank the Moderators for being understanding and caring during the past day. THREE CHEERS FOR YOU LADIES

OMG...I was on at like 11pm last night and I've come back (it's not even 9am here in Brisbane) and it's been so chatty already! *LMAO*

I'm buggered. Maddy has been up since 4:30am. What the?!?! She's currently crying in her cot so apparently she's not ready for her morning nap.

Big HIIIIIIIs to you all, gonna have to work out a way to manage the personals! *L*

Renee, thats weird about the sonographer saying not to bring Marnie to the u/s. I know a lot of people who take their children along to scans, especially the 20 week scan. If your DH is going with you (i.e she is supervised) I really don't see a problem at all. Do you get your u/s at a hostpial (will it necessarily be the same radiographer next time) or a private centre?

Missy, im not sure what I'll do about coco's dummy, but tilly had hers until she was 3 and it only went because she got hand foot in mouth disease and couldn't put anything (including food) in her mouthfor 5 days. She is 8 and a half now though and still sucks thumb! That doesn't worry me at all, only does it when she's tired.
    So with coco, I will wait until she's old enough for me to say santa's taking the dummy (or something like that). As long as she only has it for sleep, im not bothered. Has been my lifesaver!!
    Beck and Ray, bummer about the early wake ups. I had the midnight one, so I feel for you. Coco went through a period of 5.30am wake ups then it went to 7am , no inbetween. Go figure! ?

I've just put coco down for her nap (im hoping) so think I might go and try to grab a few minutes shut eye. Im totally exhausted.
    Tomorrow tim and I start our health kick, Im hoping the exercise really makes a difference for my energy levels. It's only 10 mins a day for 6 days (SO good for lazy old me)!
    Will be on later to catch up!! xoxoxo

I've been trying to edit last post but it wont work.
    Christie, I had the same thing with coco. Three times the u/s woman said "think it's a girl, can't be 100% sure". Think they have to say it to cover themselves.
    Also sorry to hear you're having probs with Ben. Sounds a bit like us too. Are all men like this?? Im sure afew arent'....2% maybe???
    Anyway Im trying a new approach. Im trying to give tim lots of compliments and he seems to be reacting well to that. Being slightly more thoughtful towards me and definitely happier. I really have to concentrate so I react to him in a more positive way. I knkow I was getting impatient and he'd just resist and be stubborn. So I'll let you know if we get far playing opposites!! DAmn hard when all we want isa bit of recognition and help. Not asking much!!
    Try to relax Christie, I know it's easier said than done though xoxoxo
    Last edited by Trillian; February 2nd, 2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: two posts in a row

Christie, sorry to hear about Ben not pulling his weight around the house/not understanding where you're coming from. DH is a bit like that too, especially given that I'm a SAHM so he's gotten himself into the misguided belief that he can sit on his butt whenever he's not at work. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you being that far along in your 2nd pregnancy. Now that I'm going back to work F/T (well it looks like it anyway), DH had better believe it's going to be a 50/50 share of jobs and doing things for Maddy. Hope that Ben starts to wake up to himself!

BTW - ladies....I'm going to be in Sydney on the 27th, I arrive at around lunchtime (by the time we get to the hotel and all) and I'm staying at the Novotel. Would anyone like to meet me for a coffee? I won't have Maddy with me (Westlife concerts are loud - Maddy would freak at all the screaming & cheering) as she's staying in Brisbane but I don't think we can check into the Novotel til around 2pm. It's a Tuesday btw.

Hi all, well back from the shops.

Wow you been talking heaps.

Tried to put Callum for morning sleep before we went shopping but he wasnt ready. So we went shopping and now he is down. He has been so so good the last couple of days. Not that he isnt a good boy but been very good. Happy and playing, laughing lots.

Hi Rach, wow that is early. What time do Hannah go down at night. I hate early mornings. If there going to wake id rather 2 or 3am. LOL..but I just love my sleep.

nikki good on your with your DH. I know when I leave Callum with DH for a day to have some time to myself, went I get back I might say to him,"did you do any washing or start dinner" and he will say I was looking after Callum. LMAO I say well I do that, clean up, cook dinner, feed animals and manage to do the shopping as well. He just looks at me as if to say geeeee, how the hell you do all that.....lol

rayray im glad Milo is sleeping better. Those nasty teeth must have been bugging him. Hope he is feeling better so you both can sleep longer.

Renee Callum is very attached to Monkey that he is wanting to go everywhere with it and now wants to eat with him. I wont let him and it make lunch times evern for hard to feed him. Im starting to hide it when he gets up in the mornings and he is looking for it. I only want him to have it at sleep times. Its driving me nutts. Sorry ladies that have heard all this before...lol
    Beck hope you have a good sleep. Awww you love Westlife dont you. Good on you girlie...lol

Meg when ever she is ready then Id do it then. Who cares if they have it till 3 or 4. Night time and sleep it helps them. Go with the flow chickie. thats what i say.

All I can say about the men department is we rock and they dont...lmao

anyways have fun all
    Last edited by Missy; February 2nd, 2007 at 10:00 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast