Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005

Default Babies Born October - December 2005

This thread is for parents who's babies were born in October to December 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous threads are here OCTOBER and DECEMBER

Oh... I'm first!

Anyway, i just wrote a huge post in the other section, and then when i went to post it said locked.. Luckily i saved it!!:

Hi everyone,

Ok - clearly i can't go to work anymore, cos i come home and this happens??? But its lovely to meet you all, if not a little overwhelming!

I'm Yael, I'm 25 and have a gorgeous little boy - born 23rd Jan (due on the 12, but HAD to be fashionably late) after an induction (ARM only though). He is a bit of a cheeky but loving boy.. i should have guessed this from the delivery where he turned posterior 2 hours b4 the end!

I am back working PT (book-keeping/accounts for a videoconferencing company) for Jan and Feb, and after than my DH is going back to uni to finish his degree in Psych so its not worth me working (centrelink wise). I'm trying to find a course to do as its the best time to do it - at the moment very much looking to do a certificate in massage and open my own business (well, merge with a friends.. i

Anyway, I will copy and past the last post i wrote in Dec thread, as I finally got off my tush and wrote like a 1 hr post with all these personals, and then like 2 posts later it got locked!

In regards to the threads merging i just wanted to say 1 thing:

I think probably the biggest reason for all this negativity is the shock and lack of warning.. Can i just say something though - it seemed through a few other posts in the mods section where people were saying how they felt that some people responded who weren't in anyway involved in this decision (i.e not from anyone in the Dec (who is really Nov, Dec & Jan group - apparently us Jan girls don't belong here either )or the people from July - October, just general people getting involved in the action.

I just don't think everyone who isn't involved in this adding their 2c in will help the situations or high emotions at this point. But thats my point of view, and everyone is entitled to theirs. Also, it makes me feel a lot happier when people try and use nice language and aren't so harsh in the messages, both people writing it and the responses (makes me feel like i was back at work writing terse emails to people in Singapore demanding our $$)

Anyway, i don't want anything i said above to be taken badly, its just what i'm feeling ATM, but i meant it in a good positive way.

Dani - i really hope that you come back when you feel you are ready. Please keep in contact via PM or MSN ok?

Anyway, must run, but i look forward to meeting all you October girls!
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:43 PM.

And here is my old post:

Hey guys,

Have to be quick as i am working today.

CONGRATS TO MARNEE, LOGAN AND MADDY FOR WALKING!!!

Sarajo - congrats for your sister - how exciting! Good luck with having a resolution for your tooth... Let's hope you a pain free very soon! I looked at your website. Abby is so cute.. who is the other girl in the photos - her cousin or just a friend?

Missy - hope you get an earlier appointment with Callum. I have a pronoucned heart mumur, which has been investigated a number of times, but have never had any problem with it (all the females in my famil yhave - sis, mum, gmother, aunt). Hopefully it will just be innocent. Goodluck for Melissa's first day back - what grade is she in?? And your present to her sounds incredible! I wish my mum did something like that for me...

Meg - welcome back! I love coco's photo - she looks so gorgeous - like a real little lady. Gosh i want a little girl. I checked out your photos - your new place looks great! How is Tilly going? What grade is she in??

Bec - i'm back at work 2-3 days per week. I'm lucky i have family minding him, cos otherwise i don't think i would do it (financially and emotionally), but i have problems trying to get him into appropriate child care. I am really enjoying PT work, just to get a break from him and adult interaction and using my mind really helps me. I find i have a lot more patience for him when i am with him also, so i think it makes me a better mum. He enjoys spending time with his grandparents, and he gets to play with something new and do things other than housework with me. Its hard b/c you do miss out on things, but unfortunatly you can't have it 2 ways with $$ and being there all the time. Even if you worked from you they could be in the other room and you might still miss it IYKWIM? I think you should try it on a trial basis (like 6 weeks) and if you don't like it or it isn't working than you can stop.

Mel - So, were you on the news? How exciting! I would have just stammered and sounded like an idiot, so good thing news crews know to stay away from me I love Logans pic - he looks SO happy! Just gorgeous! When do you start uni again - March?? Good luck.

Dani - I can't believe Jett-boy (i love that nickname!) through a corncob at you! I would be PMSL too, but how funny...soz! You can remind him about that at his 21st. Good luck about him climbing on everything - must be so scary! Hope the gastro is better! Thanks for the photos you sent to my hotmail (which i like never check btw, so it was lucky i saw them). Your birthday looked like a lot of fun! Good luck for getting the car fixed. Our alternator also went a little while ago - i think it was like $100, which isn't so bad car wise! Good luck for starting this sat! Is it FT or PT? I hope the ear infections get better. I would probably go to the EN&T spec just to be on the safe side if it was me. Let us know how it goes.

Tiff - great to hear that your shift went so well! I'm so happy for you, it must be such a relief! How are the twins doing with the allergies? Did you just get a referral from the GP. I;m worried DA might have a milk allergy, but the GP said to keep an eye on it for a few week and then get him tested.

Renee - How is work going? What are the kids in your class like? Is it hard with the pregnancy and working?

Kate - Congats on your bro getting engaged! How exciting! When is the wedding? It sounds so cute about Jasmines tallking! DA also does the "what's that" or "whos that" but thats about it.. Althoguh whenever he gets on anything ride on her does the "brrmmmm" noise! I hear you on the temper thing! Da has just started doing it - arching his back whenever he doesn't want to go somewhere (car seat, stroller, highchair). He hasn't started kicking me yet - thank g-d! I don't know what to do, do i ignore it or can you start to teach them nice manners at this age?

How is gymbaroo?? It looks great, i would love to take DS but i hear its very expensive (somebody from my MC who is very well off wanted us all to do 'can do kids' with her - but its $14 a session). Do you think kids are disadvantage by not going to these things? I feel bad i can't afford creche (and don't really want him there anyway unless its b/c i'm working), my mc isn't on so often, and i don't like it so much cos he seems to be the most active one there and its hard for me to stop him touching everyone else, and we don't make it to the park so often (i did go yesterday for the first time in ages). I think i'm a bad mummy and my kid will end up bored cos all he ever does is play in the living room or something. I need to be better about taking him for walk and stimulating him every day - but its hard working PT and trying to keep the house in order. Sometimes i feel like such a failure!

Rach - How is Milo's lip?? How scary... How did it happen? I hope the teething gets better soon... its horrible when there is nothing you can do to make it better. I've also never had anyone tell me that a temp is normal for teething. He doesn't get it everytime he does, but maybe 1/2 the time. I hope he is feeling better very soon, and think about all the new stuff he can eat with all his new teeth!

Well, not much news here. DA has discovered he is a boy - finally! Gets quite a lot of giggles at nappy change time.

Oh, and yesterday when we were outside gardening he suddenly started standing up on his own! I was screaming and clapping and he sat bak down, but later did it like 4 times. And then i called my parents to tell them, and dad goes "oh, he did that last week and we forgot to tell you", so i misseyd his first time, and i didn't even know... But at least he is doing it, so hopefully he will be walking soon!

My other news is that i'm thinking of doing a certificate in massage and running my own massage business. My best friend is a physio and runs hger own massgae biz at nights, but doesn't really want it at the moment, cos she works FT and its too much. So if i train (6 months full time) than i can have her news clients and we will do it together.

I'm worried that:
    1) massage isn't for me, although i think it is interesting, and most of it its a way to run my own biz which i'm really intested in
    2) it might damage my friendship if the partnership doesn't work out - although i want to build up my own clients (mainly religious women in my community as i can't masage men) so i have something to rely on if we do stop it.

Thats mainly it. I'm going for a meeting with the massage school i want to go to - its right around the cnr from me, and they are good about me only doing females in prac class. Only probs is they have classes on a sat, so i have to apply for prior learning from my uni degree - which i'm praying i'll get! Its starts in 2 weeks, so i'm nervous about it, and might not be able to work so much for the last 2 week si said i would, but i ahev to stop anyway in march as DH is back at uni and we will lose our centrelink if i do work. So its the best possible time for me to try and learn a new skill.

I really want to do their short course in pregnancy massage, so maybe i can try and get some work through BB!

I tested yesterday and it was BFN, but it was only 8DPO and not first thing in the morning anyway. AF is due Sunday, so migh test then when i have a better chance. Trying not to get to despondant about the neg!

Anyway, gtg, need to go to work so we can have $$
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:44 PM.

Also, Tiff or another mod - can we just have a list of peoples names and babies names (maybe even ages) for the first week or so, so we can get to know all the lovely new people??

OH I am the 1st to post here how exciting, and I have news.......

Jordan said his 2nd word tonight, Abbie (which is our dogs name). I was a little disapointed that it wasnt mum but thats ok a words a word. He can now say Dad and Abbie. I think he is trying to say car also but that isnt very clear at the moment.
    I am a little upset tonight as DH knows I am O'ing so he refuses to BD. He doesnt want to get pregnant again now so wont even take a chance. I am so disappointed as I really thought that he might have wanted another bubs now seeing as Jordan would be 2 by the time I was due and our holiday is only 5 weeks away now. I guess I will have to give up the idea for now and wait for him to be ready.
    Sorry for the real downer for a 1st post but you guys are so lovely I know you will listen and possible understand how I feel.

Take care have a nice night and talk again soon.
    Cant wait to meet and get to know the NOV and DEC mums and bubs.

Hi Yael!! hope you had a good day at work and the gorgeous DS isn't getting into too much mischeif!!

am going to bed now..i'm exhausted..

hope to catch up with everyone tomorrow, hopefully the dust has settled a bit then!!

xxoo
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:44 PM.

Oh thought i was the 1st.
    Hi Yael.

tiggy Guest

Hi Tracey, nice to meet you.
    Wow Yael, that was a monster post! LOL!! I will have to go back and re - read it.
    Had to laught that DA had discovered he was a boy! Noah has a scrunch every time I take his nappy off too.
    Going to bed now...

Thanks to the mods for being as always, understanding and accomodating! I think we're still going to be a busy thread because October & December were the biggest baby buddies groups but onwards and upwards!

Nothing exciting here. My DH so thinks this is not funny, but we were just having a bit of nooky in our room (luckily with the door closed) when we were interrupted not once but FOUR times by the PILs. Twice in the bathroom and twice using the toilet. I mean they didn't come into our room or anything but HOW EMBARASSING! *L* Meanwhile, I had the giggles something chronic. hehe

Bec - like being a teenager again huh?

ohhhh,this is a bit better.that was just crazy,i was all for it this morning as i think i was the 2nd to post and then i jump on tonoght and there was 6 pages,
    anyway,should be able to handle this ok.
    tracey,i am so sorry to hear that jamie is feeling this way,did you tell him you were oing,mmmm maybe you shouldnt mention it next month.....
    harry was really unsettled tonight for 3 hours straight,so i decided to give him some formula and after breast feeding him on and off for 3 hours he still drank 40mls from his bottle.i think i might continue giving him the bottle of an evening,just so i know that he can be looked after by someone else besides me....mmmm.like dh!!!!!
    and i will continue to breastfeed every other feed,what do you think?
    he has gone straight off to sleep now.
    me too!
    nikki

Post "I have reconsidered my position, and would like to join you all"

Hello Ladies,
    "I have reconsidered my position, and would like to join you all". I want to say THANKS to my voice of reason and she know who she is.
    I look forward to getting to know all of the new Ladies that will be here. I am not a monster with 5 heads so please don't think that from my hot headed post. I have had my say and I will just leave it at that.
    Beck - You frisky little teenager you!!! I remember those days when you did actually get sprung by 'the boyfriends parents'. You were mardly running around the bedroom trying to get your clothes back on and looking as casual as.
    Rayray – Milo's lip I must have missed that post?? I am glad to hear that it is better, I bet it scared you. I always wonder what happens when Jett goes to day-care. I can’t help asking 1000 questions when I go and pick him up.
    Tiggy – Hello busy one!!
    Sarajo – Yeah for your sister. Is it the one in the photo with her hair over Abby?? She come to visit a while back.
    Oh, I do hope that this does fix your tooth after all the trouble that you have had with it.
    Tracey & Nicole - Nice to meet you both of you.
    Missy – oh, I almost forgot but today when I was at Australia Post I saw a monkey kinda a bit like”Monkey”. From what I can see in the ticker it is almost the same. They were about $10, do you remember how much Melissa’s was? If you can’t find the one in you local Australia post maybe I could grab it for you next time I am there and send it up??
    I hope Melissa had a great day back at school, what grade is she in??

Well I am going to sleep on today and hopefully it can only get better tomorrow. bright side is I will get my car back and now all we have to do is fix Ben's as now that has died. I have no idea what is happening to these cars, but we seem to be having very bad luck with them.
    I will catch up with the rest of all of these post tomorrow.

Hi Dan - good to see you hun!

Just a small request - can you please post is a slightly darker colour cos i find aqua hard to read?

Anyway, i've said it like 11 times tonight, but i AM GOING TO BED!

I've decided not to go to work tomorrow.. Need to be home by 3.30, so have to leave at 2.45, and so wanted to get there at 10.45am, but just found out they are doing fire evac between 11.00 - 12.00 (have to walk down 40 flights of stairs and don't think i get paid for it anyway as private contractor). Would rather make up time next week or go with $$

On the positive side, the type of bookshelf i've been looking for for 4-5 months has finally come up on ebay in my price range - finishes tomorrow so hoping i will get it!

Anyway, night night ladies! Hugs to you all!

Yael, go grab it girlie! Nothing better than waiting AGES for something and it finally being available at a price you can afford.

Well lovely ladies, it's been an eventful day and I'm going to follow Yael's lead and head off to bed. DH & DD are long since snoring when I decided to come and 'play' on the computer.

P.S - Dani, welcome back sweetie. Please don't take what I posted in your original vent thread the wrong way hon...at least I hope you don't. You know I luv ya! *L*

Hello Ladies,
    Beck - No offence taken I know you are a pacafest, it that how you cen spell it?? I should so be in bed too but I have been reading all of these post and responding to them all and I think NOW that I am finally over it!!
    I am all for you going back to work, you will love it. I was always saying I a going to be a SAHM, but I really enjoyed being a part time SAHM.
    Nikki - I did that with Jett for a while. I had these grand plans to BF for a year and it just didn't work out that way. I did the BF and Formula for about a week and then switched to just formula. Looking back now I was I had of stuck it out a bit longer with the BF but I have grown wiser for #2 whenever that may be.
    Yael - color change noted, I hope you win the bookcase.
    Night All

Good morning you lovely ladies. Hope you all slept well!!!

Yael Its going to be hard keeping up with everyone now but it will exciting. Im sure its going to be full of laughs and fun..

Deancey Congrats on Jordan on his 2rd word. Its very exciting. YAY. Im sorry DH isnt ready for another child. It must make thing hard as my DH is ready when ever I am. I wouldnt be upset If I wanted another and he didnt. I hope you dreams come true hun.

Tiff LOL @ Noah. How cute. How are you. When do you work nights. Geee that must be hard and then having to look after kiddies.

OMG Beck That is so funny. I couldnt have thought of a worse thing being caught by IL's...lol

Hi Nikki I think feeding and bottle is fine. I had to do both and if you and the baby get sleep then its good. You both need to be settle. You keep doing what is best for you and your baby!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Dani WB hun. Oh that would be wonderful if you could get that for me. The monkey that is. Ill some how give you the money back. Would be good haveing two so I can wash one or give Melissa's one back. Cheers lovey. Melissa had a wonderful day back at school. Loved seeing all her friends. Didnt like that fact that she has home work already...lol... Lets how your car is better soon!!!!

Totalbabe Hello and how are you ...it will be nice to get to know all you lovely ladies.

Well waiting for Callum to wake and now have to do DD hair. Ill be back on soon. Sorry if ive missed anyone..

Talk soon

bye
    xxx

Deancey i meant to say i would be upset if DH didnt want more when I did!!

Oh by the way. I filled my water feature up and its all looking booootifulllllllll. Ill have to take some photos and show you what a wonderful job my DH and I did!!!!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast