Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2005 #6

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning ladies

Geez its cold again here this morning. Gem did not want to get out of bed this morning!LOL! I'm looking after my 4 yr old neice this morning. Shes soooo excited and Gem will be to when she sees her.

Well better fly.............still gotta mop!

Kirsty77 Guest

Well I;'ve tried Gemma twice now on regular milk and she has not even noticed the difference. Apart from the fact on normal milk shes hungry sooner, as formula fills her up.

SO my question is when can I start to progressively change her over from formula to regular milk? Can I start now with just one bottle a day swapped? Or is it to soon?? I'm s tad clueless with this stuff, but I'm stoked that Gemma hasn't noticed the difference so thats why I'm thinking sooner rather than later!LOL!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hellloooooooo......hmmmm where is everyone today??

You could start mixinbg cows milk into your formula bottles like a a quarter cows milk then after a few dyas half etc, til it's fully cows milk.. bUt I guess the q is do you wnat her to be having cows milk in a bottle for however long or start using a cup?

I have been busy at work & now just got home!!! Gotta rub tho coz I needa cuppa!

liz67 Guest

Default I am introducing myself again!

Hi everyone

I hope you all dont mind me joining you at this late stage
    My name is Liz, and i first registered when i was pregnant but have just not made time to get back on this site again, which i should have done a long time ago!
    But anyway i am here now!
    I said in my original post that we were having a little girl called Gemma(what a great name kirsty!), which we did on the 19th Sept the day after one of my daughters turned 13!
    She was 9 pound 10oz and delivered by my 2 best friends (midwives) so that was pretty good for all of us.
    We have had a few ups and downs with her recently, in hospital with croup and then gastro twice in 2 weeks but things are slowly getting better and she is returning to her happy placid self.
    She is a big girl!! weighing about 8.3kg,her dad is very tall so she gets her size from him.
    Gemma is NOT even close to walking or pulling herself up, only commando crawls. But she has 2 brothers and 2 sisters to carry her everywhere (so who needs to walk!)

I work at one of our local kindergartens, but have only gone back to work on a friday doing a 3 yr old group since having Gem. We also run our own business from home (Ash is an Electrician) so i do all the bookwork for that as well.

That is enough about me, i look forward to getting to know you all and your bubs alot better.

Liz and Gemma!!!

Nice to meet you and look forward to chatting with you soon..

Kirsty, I agree with what Trace said. Sounds good to introduce it slowly, and now our bubbas are holding their bottles, you reckon they could master a cup??? We'll see!!

Trace, Have a huge cuppa and put your feet up.... U poor darl..

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Liz and welcome!!What a beautiful name your daughter has!LOL!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TRACE!!
    Hope you had a wonderful day hun!

Kirsty77 Guest

Well just having a ****e day already!! Have had to rush Gem to the doctor as her temp spiked to 38.6 and climbing. Looks like she has a slight infection probably in her sinuses, hence the green snot today. Shes asleep now but we spent all night up with her as we just could not settle her. Eventually the nurofen must have kicked in or exhaustion cause she fell asleep at 3am. Needless to say we are all a little worse for wear this morning especially Gemma. Poor little sausage.

Hey There everyone!!!

Hi Liz & welcome...

OOOh Kirsty poor Gemma, poor darling... I hope she's feeling better soon....

We had our lovely night in the City for my 21st (wink wink!)...
    It was lovely, although I missed the girls, but they had fun & were perfect little angels!

Ok gotta run I am under the pump at work again!

liz67 Guest

Kirsty, hope your Gem is feeling much better, nothing worse when they are sick! Gemma is just starting to get over her gastro in the last few days but is still abit grizzly, at least she is eating again.

Tracey, glad you had a nice night away on your own together.... sounds good... i would love to have the chance to do that!

need to go and cook some tea, bye for now

Ellibam Guest

hi girls
    hope you are all well!!
    im sick again (it the 3rd cold/flu i have had this season) im soo sick of being sick!!
    Makon has become a real chatterbox now and will talk your ear off for hours he also love copying people!!!
    He loves everyone and any thing!!(the poor cats get cuddled to death almost)

I think i might be changing jobs soon! im not making enough money at the moment so have to get more hours which can't be offered where i currently work!yay NOT!

catch you all later

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Yay Ellissa on Makon copying everyone. Gem's fav at the moment is blowing rasberries on EVERYTHING!!Cutie that she is!

Well not much to report here. Gemma's front top teeth as through so shes in a fantastic mood. Shes walking everywhere!! She looks so funny though as her arms are stuck right out either in front or up high to balance herself. And she gets so excited that she tries to run!eeekkk! I'm so pleased that she is walking just wish it was AFTER I had this next bub!

Hope everyone is well.....................Hey Alex I just read in the 5 things we don't know about you and I never knew you had a daughter!! She sounds like a complete cutie pie!

Ellibam Guest

Kirsty
    i think Gemma would look adorable trying to balance as she is trying to run!! hehehe
    i would have thought it would have been better that she is walking before #2 then you dont have to carry them both!? feel free to tell me off for that!i honestly wouldn't know whats better!

Wow Aleks you have a little girl??

I have a head cold, Dh is home with an ear infection... But Indah & Maddy are OK, other than snotty faces!

Indah is walking holding onto the furniture & goes from one thing to another, but not ready to fly solo just yet!

WTG Gemma, walking & attempting a run!

Arent they funny little critters & such copy cats hey! I bet Makon is chattering away in jibberish... How cute!

I also read that Alex.... I think it's wonderful there is a pathyway there for contact etc!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Owww your poor Dh!And you ahve a head cold!Bummer!!I HATE being sick. Woohoo Indah on furniture surfing!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning all you busy mummies!!

Just thought I'd check in...again.........I just figured out that I'm the only mummy in here thats not working at the moment! Hmmm now I feel lazy.hehehe Gem's little front toothie pegs are nearly through and they look huge!I seriously don't know how shes gonna fit them all in! And shes started to chat all the time in her little baby babble talk. She looks at me really seriously as she talks! I just want to burst out laughing but being the good mummy that I am(LOL!)I laugh when shes not looking!hehehe

Have a great day ladies..............

Ellibam Guest

hi girls

Trac sorry to here your all not well to! it sucks
    Kirsty ISKWYM about trying not to laugh at them when they are being serious! i have a hard time when trying to stop makon from doing something (like playing with the cd's) and he knows he isnt meant to he will look at me and laugh and it so hard not to laugh to!
    I only work friday and sunday nights!plus im doing Tupperware now to
    AAAUUUGGHHH Makon is licking my leg cos im not playing with him! ahahahahaha

I added a pic of the new longies Shannon knitted for me, on Indah's site!
    It's so gorgeous!!! Arent they cute, today Indah was on her Gobble & go Hippo & managed to walk a little bit!

then she crawled off & got stuck in between the dinig chair leg chairs! Funny little monkey!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast