Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #10

Jodi - Hope your Mum gets better soon! Xander hates tummy time as well, so now he just rolls back over as soon as I put him on his belly .

Anyone with any tips on how I can overcome this so he gets more tummy time?

Does he like mirrors? I've seen play rugs with mirrors on the bottom...so they want to look down? Probably can't help, River loves his tummy (and can't roll yet even if he doesn't )

Jodi was nice this morning then quite hot by lunch around 35c at hottest I think :eek: bought a convair air cooler today which works real well

as for tummy time, Jack sleeps on his tummy 95% of the time, I do have a angel care sound and movemetn monitor so tis ok

i noticed that about the threads too... think you are right re our chattiness. and as for tummy time, ainsleigh is the same as river (doesn't mind tummy and can't roll yet ) and same as jack (loves sleeping on her tummy with the angel care monitor )

Stewart used to like tummy time but now he just cries.

Anna- You were spot on with DS weight he is 6.15 kg. He is a big boy but he is well proportioned.

Sharleen- Ambah is just gorgeous. She is very strong to be lifting her head so well already.

DS has been a really spewy boy lately, last night I went through 5 changes of clothes . And guys wonder why we need so many clothes. It is obviously to prepare us for motherhood.

Charli - it worked!! I took your advice re tummy time and she loves it! She's been there for 20min and isn't complaining yet. I've taken heaps of photos for proof so I'll upload one later as my ticker

We had a so so night last night. I think Nina is starting to go through the 12 growth spurt, last night feeding every 3 hours and during the day every 2 hours. God I hope this doesn't continue much longer, it's so draining. Anna I really feel for you with piggy wanting booby all the time!

ETA: Nina woke up at 1am screaming the house down. It was the same scream as when she had her needles, and she had tears streaming down her face. I gave her some panadol and then the booby and she settled and went back to sleep. I just checked her gums and a top tooth has broken through :eek:
    Last edited by Visitor7; November 16th, 2006 at 07:22 AM.

Morning all,
    Ash has her needles today. I'm scared! I have to get my ass into gear they run from 9-11 so better get ready soon.

Ash loves being on her tummy. If she's unsettled I put her on a pillow on my lap and she's usually asleep in seconds! Last night i gave her massage before bed and she just loved being on her tummy getting her back done, think it helped too with settling cause afterwards gave her a top up feed put her to bed and she hardly took long to settle, we didn't have to go in once, then she slept til 4am.

Will BBL for personals, after immunisations I am going shopping with my sister.

Weeeeell....good morning lovelies.

We had a blackout last night for around an hour...so I set up camp with the torch and a few nappies with Paige in the spare room...and you know what!! She only woke ONCE for a feed @ 2:30am...and even better....I layed there and gave it to her! T

his could although be down to the fact that at 9pm she was still awake...and I had cluster fed her from 4 till 8. I really do love co-sleeping with her. Whenever she made an attempt to grizzle I just popped her dummy in her mouth and patted her and she would drift back off to sleep...makes such a differnce not having to get up and down all night and I don't really fully wake. I love my anti-roll pillow, I just bring that out of the cot and make up a mini-bed next to me, and I love bing able to snuggle and pop my arm over her.

I just quietly changed her nappy on the bed.

The only problem with feeding her laying down is the whole wind factor... cos she usually just drifts back off to sleep on the boobie when she has finished...so at some stage the grunts will start until she brings up her wind.

I fed her in bed again at around 6, then we got up at 8, fed, played, showered and now she is content in her cot doing her own thing...LOL

The towel trick for tummy time is a good one...I usually pop Paige over my feeding pillow.

Morning all,

Julia has her 6 week Paediatrican checkup today even though shes nearly 9 weeks now she couldnt get into see the doc..

Jodi - hugs to you and your mum. Hope she gets better soon.

Maz - hehe, thanks for the chat yesterday mate.

Adele - how you feeling today did you get a good nights sleep?

Hope everyone is well. you guys sure can talk, so hard to keep track...

Bel
    xxx

I am not getting emails for this thread

Jodi just so you know it is bloody freezing here today cold souithly wind, cold enough Jack is in fleecy lined overalls and I have ugh boots on LOL

ok must go looks like the boy is going to be good today, so I can get some work done

we are going to rockhampton on the weekend Mum finally gets to see Jack again in person. she saw him when he was 6 days old but she gets photos via email every day

rach i can't believe it's cold there too! 32 degrees for us today, 28 here already.
    bet you're looking forward to seeing your mum. Hope this trip is a little more successful than the other one. I don't know what i'd do if my mum didn't live in town

Who's baby choked in the shower??? Paige just did it to me then...she was in her cot...she spewed up and it came out her nose and everywhere...then she went red in the face and stiff as a board and was trying to swallow and bring it up at the same time. I remembered what u all said....didn't panic just popped her over my arm and gave her some whacks on the back...then blew in her face.

Am having a quiet cry now thow...LOL

hi girls

its bloody freezing here at the moment, what is the weather doing????

ive got craig home all week as he stuffed his knee up at work yesterday, i hope he gives me a hand for a change!!

got to go to the skin cancer doc today to get checked, i have the normal pale freckly skin that red heads have so im prown to getting skin cancer, i have already had about 6 cut out, and ive got a few lumps that im worried about, so i might come home with stitches me thinks!

well im starting my diet on monday, my arse is bigger than when i was pregnant.........sh## i didnt think it could get any bigger! so its either lose weight or buy more clothes, so the cheaper option is to get of my fat arse and excersize.

better go i can here her

chrissyt, i hope paige is ok.

I think it was nelle an me chrissyt.I get it quite often.It was great u didnt panic.
    We have a paeds appointment today regarding this.
    Ruby had a good night,4hrly feeds but my DD is out of sorts.I think her molars are coming?
    Went to WW meeting last night,gee i didnt realise i had put so much on.Im still 10kg heavier than what i use to be.Oh well.
    Good day to everyone

OMG ChrissyT - How scary for you... so happy to hear she is ok tho. It was Nelle's little Riv that did this before.

Jodi_Lee - WTG Nina! Is that toofy peg still there this morning? Or did it go back in? I hear ya on the non-stop feedings and night wakings!

Belle - I love that ticker pic of Julia smiling! Is that her first smile? The sling (on your homepage) looks really nice, and being of mesh, will be great in summer. Good luck today at the Doc's.

Panna - Wow, what a good guess re Stewart's weight. It must be cause he looks so much like Xander in your ticker pic (same little chubby rolls)

Nelle & Sharleen - Thanks for the tips re tummy time. Xander does love mirrors, but seems to like his new skill of rolling over even more! I love the piccy of Ambah doing her tummy time - what a strong little girl!

Rach - I hope your boy is good for you today

ETA: Caddie - I forgot little Ruby did that to you a few times as well. Has she stopped doing that now? How old is Millana? My girlfriends 2.5 year old is getting her molars now, she is a right cranky turd at the moment. LOL. Oh, and where exactly have you hidden that 10kg!? It doesn't show.

Well, my washing has just finished so better go hang it out so my little guy has some nappies to wear. BBL
    Last edited by Anna**; November 16th, 2006 at 10:03 AM.

scary chrissyt. hope she is ok and you are feeling a little better after your little cry. nothing wrong with a little cry after something so scary. lol looks like i have another bb fan on my hands. ainsleigh is trying to hit the keys as i type (so i had heaps of spaces in the wrong place!) and then started screaming when i made her stop.

we went out last night and although little miss was very good, she did not sleep. went to sleep as soon as we got home at 9pm, then slept till 8am. worst thing is dh is on night shift so he rings at 6.30am!!! we're having a nice quiet day at home today... looking forward to starting mother's group tmw.

have a great day girls.

Jodi it is 22c inside I have all the front windows closed cause of the wind I am freezing brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! I mean it got up over 35c yesterday and today we are still at 22c and only 25% humidity

the trip to mums will be much better, I have been a bit bold and telling her all the things IL's did that peeved me and she has promised to not do anything like that, and will be on her best behaviour I want Jase to see I treat mum the same ie routine with Jack etc bad of us I know but will make life easy if he cansee mum do it, maybe he can talk to his parents

I know I had something else to say LOL but I just can't remember

girls I am so slack with personals I am sorry :hugs: to all and babies

IM only just getting on quick before I feed the elephant...its bloody nipply here that all I can say.
    BBL to catch up on everyone and for personals.
    xxmaz

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast