Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #10

Default Babies Born September 2006 #10

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

September '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Rikki
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 1 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3.3 kilos 7 lb 6 / Length -51cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Ainsleigh Ann
    Baby's Website: http://www.babysites.com/sites/babypassi/
    Health Concerns: Gestational Diabetes so had to have an elective caesarean at 38 1/2 weeks.

Forum Name: Maz
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 2 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 lb 1 / Length -56cm
    Baby's Name: Vyolett Rosemarie Elizabeth
    Health Concerns: Was booked in for an elective c/s on the 5th as prior two pg's had been emergency and pre booked c/s.
    Early labour stopped on the 24th of August and labour began on 2nd September ending with emergency c/s again.
    Had GD and extremely bad M/S to the point that I lost 20kg for the pg.

Forum Name: *Belle*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 15 September 2006
    Baby Stats: length 52cm, HC 35cm, weight 3390g
    Baby's Name: Julia Zora
    Baby Website: http://www.totsites.com/tot/juliaz
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 41 weeks and after 36hours of labour, had emergency c/s
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Little Princess (Anna)
    Baby's DOB: 16 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight -4.270 kilos or 9 lb 6oz Length -54.5cm Head Circ -37cm
    Gender of Baby: MALE
    Baby's Name: Alexander Ryan
    Baby's Website: Working on it!
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Breastfeeding

Forum Name: Magic (Sheree)
    Baby's DOB: 21 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Mitchell James
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: IVF veteran, DS is a natural miracle

Forum Name: Chrissy
    Baby's DOB: 21 sept 06,2.24pm
    Baby Stats: 8lb 9oz, 52cm
    Baby's Name: Caitlyn Anne
    Baby Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Induced at 38 week, due to mum in agony with her pregnancy, and fast previous deliverys, 5 hour labour, was told the day before i only i have a small baby in there, was i bit shocked by her weight!
    __________________________________________________ _

Forum Name: aboll
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 24 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Riley
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: My pregnancy was induced at 40.4 weeks and 4hrs and 44min later riley was welcomed into the world! So far Riley is an angel he doesnt cry very much and is sleepy really well.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Rach75
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 25th September 2006 8.40am
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3985grms 8lbs 12.5 oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Jack Robert
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    was not breathing at birth took 10 mins for Jack to come good besides jaundice he seems to have no residual affect from his birth
    Notes: after schedualed c-sect and then RFDS flight from Rockhampton to Townsville as no speical care beds available, we tried induction, on the 25th was 1cm dilated and Jack was in distress so emergency c-sect, his apgar scores were not great 3 at birth, 6 at 5min and 8 at 10min
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: AnnaT
    Baby's DOB: 26th Sept
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 8oz Length - 48cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Jett Ryan Andrew
    Baby's Website: http://www.babycrowd.com/jr/online/annalou/welcome.html
    Notes: Labour induced with syntocin/ARM due to high bp, 3 hours long, no drugs or tearing.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: Nelle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: September 27th
    Baby's Stats: weight 9lb 4oz, length 52cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: River Jude
    Baby's Website: check my profile, if I ever get around to it.
    Health Concerns: often in danger of being thrown out a window...may be addicted to fists.
    Notes: 11hr labour on due date, drug free waterbirth, had 2nd degree tears and during the stitches had gas...which made me feel like I was in a Chemical Brothers song...so cool.

Forum Name: Skyelar (Lea)
    Baby's DOB: 27th September 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 6oz Length 48cm Head Circ
    35cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Asha Reyne
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/icsipixie/
    __________________________________________________ _

Forum Name: Merrie
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 30/09/2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 pounds 9 - Length - 50 cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Harriet Elodie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found here

Love

yay I'm first!

oh Shell - Baby massage!! We did that last week...it is so much fun for them...and Paige LOVES her after bath massages now....we bought some Gaia massage oil and bath wash...she smells so nice for bedtime now.

Jodi-Lee - our nightime routine is always the same...no matter what time we start it. We usually begin around the 6pm mark but it can depend on her last feed. I tend to offer Paige the boobie a lot between her last nap and the start of her bath...cluster feeding works for us and it builds up a great supply for the nighttime feeds. I beliieve its the reason why P can go 5-6 hours after her last feed.
    from 6pm (ish)I offer her 1 side....then we have our bath - then massage - dressed - other side of boobie - wrapped/dummy - sing twinkle twinkle whilst cuddling - then she is put down, kissed goodnight, then i leave the room. I make sure she has gotten up any wind as well. 9 times out of ten she will go down with minimal re-settling. She is usually asleep by 7-8pm.
    During the day we try and go 3 hours between feeds until 5-6pm...and we try and start the day between 7 and 8am ( she feeds around 4am)....Paige tends to sleep around the same times...and i try and go 'out' when she is due to sleep...so she is napping during her sleep times, say in the car/pram..instead of her wake times...so she does not get out of whack too much iykwim.Her sleep cues ate the same in the day - minus twinkle twinkle - i pop her auqarium on then leave.

hth

ChrissyT- i have some massage oil that occassionally just sort of massaged on her, not really knowing what I was doing though so it'll be good to see how to do it properly.

we've been doing massage on Nina after every night time bath since 4 weeks and she loves it. Heath always baths her, then massages her. We just use the lavender night time bath soap in the bath, then some almond oil to massage her with

hey girls,

i feel a little better after my laydown

maz- did you get my email?? dont worry i kicked it. i think he has realised that i need help now and that i cant do alot on my own at the moment. like with akira and what im going through with her. still havent heard anything. i have to say that her illness doesnt match to what the drs are testing for.

anna - hope you get some rest from xander today.

shellbell - thanks for the hug i really need one at the moment with what is going on over her with me and simon. enjoy your mothers group today and have fun.

later girls

Adele

our routine for bed time is bath, bottle, kisses, wrap and wind up her musical teddy bear. sometimes i have to go back in after about five minutes and give her a bum whack... and sometimes she wants to have her dummy in her mouth (she does not suck it, just likes it there and the only time she has it is night sleep so trying to wean her off that habit!) she is usually in bed by 6.30 - 7pm and sleeps through for 12 hours. day sleeps vary... some days she sleeps heaps, others she does not sleep at all. same routine for going to bed though, day or night. hth

ETA i read somewhere that bath and massage at the same time was overstimulating, and since i used to massage before bed gave it up for now.... has anyone else heard this?

chrissyt - why is it that they cluster feed at night, when you're totally exhausted? Why can't they do it in the morning and get it over and done with!

rikki - 12 hours at night, that's great. I know Nina does get overstimulated after bath and massage, but she loves it so much, now we start her bath at around 4.30 and by 7 she's knackered

we dont have a routine LOL

Jack was having bath when he woke from afternoon nap but the last week he has been having a shower with either Jase or I around 5ishpm, he sets his own rules in relation to feeding, he tends to cluster feed from 6pm to 10pm but I have increased his bottles to 180ml during this time so not so much cluster now, maybe a extra 60ml so is good

as I said in last thread I am trying to get him back into self settling, we still havign problems from Agned *sigh* nearly 4 weeks ago bloody IL's

have been drilling mum into behaving this weekend when we go visit her, she knows what ****ed me off with IL's so has promised not to do any of that and be on her best behavior *bad I know* LOL

well must go shower and get ready fro child health appoint at 11am can't wait to see how much he weighs now, I am guessign we are close or have hit the 6kg mark

mum is being admitted into hospital with a severe migraine & temperature.

:hugs: to your mum

ahh no jodi hope she gets better soon

Hope your mum will be fine jodilee.
    Ruby has a sort of routine.Bath every 2nd day at 430pm,bed around 7pm,feed around 11pm,again at 2am and 5am.Awake a couple of hrs and then nap.Usually sleeps 3-4hrs.Awake for feed and play and then afternoon sleep.And then awakes for witchy poor hrs until bath/7pm sleep. last night she was exhausted from no afternoon nana nap so slept from 430pm to 1030pm.Iusually go with the flow.
    Opss shes awake and i got to get ready for kindergym.

Ah typical I get on and Vy starts up.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    bugger her, she can wait
    Chrissyt - im big on massage as well. I bought the J&J good night one (the purple oil) Vy always smells so yummy afterwards and it total relaxes her.
    Caddie - im like you, I only bath Vy every 2nd night aswell and try to go with the flow to an extent. Have no choice really do we.
    Jodi - im sorry to hear about your mum hon. Give her a big sloppy kiss from us all.
    Adele - second opinion mate....thats all im saying
    Im going back to the old thread to check out what you guys were chatting about......Belle were the hell are you???????????????

oh about the routine thingo - I try to break them cause if I start doing them and Wilhelm gets wiff - he'll make my life hell that I haven't gone with the routine..does that make sence?

Quote Originally Posted by rikki View Post
    ETA i read somewhere that bath and massage at the same time was overstimulating, and since i used to massage before bed gave it up for now.... has anyone else heard this?
    hmmm, sorry no I haven't personally read or heard of this...BUT...i would believe thow that if your baby was overtired at that time of the night...then perhaps it may be too much for a little one For Paigeit's perfect because it means she has been up for over an hour and she is ready for bed...in fact she squawks at me to leave her alone and rack off!!
    Bath and massage is even part of the strict routine in the contented little baby book...LOL

jodi_lee chrissyt - why is it that they cluster feed at night, when you're totally exhausted? Why can't they do it in the morning and get it over and done with!
    Uuuh huh I am hearing ya!! I have started getting dinner half ready during her 10am sleep, so all I have to do once she goes to bed is re-heat or cook.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast