Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #104

Happy Birthday Shell!!!!

Happy birthday shell!!! Hope it was a good one!!

Shell! You cheeky sneaky you! Hope you had a fabbo-brilliant day!

And I wasn't going to do the KK because I'm undisciplined and disorganised, but I think I will, I'm trying to get up earlier (rofl, have you not been hearing that from me since I first joined Sept 06 Belly buddies! ) and get out and not be scared of doing stuff on my own with two kids, so it will be good for me to have a reason for a short trip.
    - To translate for the pregnant lady: I'm in for the KK.

Tired tired tired here, was Ran's birthday on the 2nd (and I know that you're only a day after Shell, so not sure how I managed to forget!) so we had a super busy weekend.

Hey - did something cool at church today too - There'd been a party at church the day before or something, so there were some helium balloons around - after the service, I tied one to the belt loop at the back of Riv's jeans. So I could be chatting and tell where he was at any time, he's little, but if I saw the balloon bobbing into the kitchen or out towards the foyer, I could go grab him! Gave everyone a good giggle. :P I reckon I could use a helium balloon every week, it was SO much easier to keep track of him!

nelle - you do realise in order to wake up earlier, you have to go to bed earlier the night before!
    Happy Birthday to Rans for the 2nd.
    I know how you feel with going out with the 2 kids. I do my best to avoid it. I plan all my appointments and grocery shopping for when either Heath is home (so he can either look after one of both girls, or come with me) or I do it when Mum is available. I have to go shopping today for a few things, so I phoned my MIL this morning so she can come with me! Slack aren't I.

It was so hot here last night. I had to strip into just my undies while in bed. Suppose to be taking Nina to swimming lessons this morning, but I just couldn't be bothered today. Still got the flu lingering around.

Hi girls Im back!!!

Good to see you all. Im doing ok just got come on Saturday and its been a whirlwind of feeding and sleeping, ended up with a migrane for 12 hours and rang the hospital and they said if it continues to go back in to see them, but am ok now.. Tara was feeding ok til 3am this morning when she decided she doesnt want to attach to my breast anymore and is refusing, every 3 hours im trying and trying and after 1 hour of refusal and then 30mins of refusal every feed thereafter until I am typing now I try so hard and she doesnt want to latch or suck properly so I keep trying but am seeing a Lactation consultant at home on Wed. I had a big meltdown in hospital on Thursday. My mum was feeling left out and all edgy and wouldnt tell me what was going on and then I had 3 grandparents there plus Julia and I was getting upset and argued with Mum I walked out of my room I was frustrated, Julia started crying and them Tara, my MIL was holding Tara and she got so angry with me she told me that my baby needs me to feed now come on. I was so livid I walked out and was uncontrollable, Midwifes all around me. Sent them all home. Told Hubby I didnt want to see anyone the next day, Mum just dropping Julia off to him at the hospital, then I call him at 11pm when I finished feeding Tara and he tells me his parents are coming to hospital im like WHAT??? so angry. Was crying again uncontrollably the girls in the rooms either side of me called the midwifes to help me, they hung up the phone told my hubby I had to go. Called my OB to find out if it was my medication that needed reviewing for Post Natal Depression and my OB said no she saw me today and I was fine on my own, its all the stress from the Parents/inlaws... So theres all my drama, things have settled down now I know what was wrong with mum we had a good heart to heart. I was worried about her.

I hope you are all well, will catchup on some of your posts soon I promise until then hugs to everyone just wanted to give you update on how we are going.

Bel
    xxx

Eek, Belle, what is it with people not respecting a new mum's space?! Hope you get a bit of a break and can see people in YOUR own good time. Enjoy your babymoon.

Belle- J was just the same with the feeding. You need to speak to the MCHN, and maybe get in to see a lactation consultant. I know with J, they were getting me to try and feed, and when he refused, I had to pump and then feed with a syringe. But that was just my experience.
    It makes my blood boil that your family would not give you the space that you need. That becomes half the issue with maternal exhaustion etc, is too many people around.

Shell - Happy birthday for yesterday. You know i saw on Facebook that it was your birthday, and had all intention of sending you birthday wishes, then I forgot!

Jodi and Nelle - You are scaring me on the whole taking 2 kids out thing. I suppose J will be a year older than your kidlets though. Hopefully that makes a difference.

I too was the same with drugs with labour. I was almost like in a meditation. To the point that the midwives didn't realise how far along I was. I basically had a silent birth. I could be a scientologist!!! This wasn't deliberate. It is just what worked for me. I had a shot of maxalon as I was chucking early on, but that was it. I am definately not opposed to pain relief though. Will just have to wait and see how I go next time around. For us this next bub will be the last. It was a tough decision for me even to decide to have a second bub. I am very scared of the whole PND/anxiety again. In fact my Ob/gyn is sending me to someone later in my preg jsut to chat, so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Hope everyone is having a good day. It is COLD here.

Meg- Thats sounds good, maybe just having someone to chat to to help with any anxieties might help avoid getting PND again. At least having been thru it before you'll know what t look out for and be able to get help straight away.

Nelle- Just PM me your address so I can get KK ball rolling. Love the balloon idea, might have to take one out with me shopping!

Belle- Thats awful, it does make me feel angry with all your family. They should know better, they should be giving you space and not putting themselves first. Sometimes I think to myself should I even tell ppl when I have the baby just so I can be left alone!

Jodi- God, I have to wear PJs and lots blankets to bed! Thats great tho that your family are so helpful with you getting out to get things done.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Df keeps teasing me if now I am 30 am I going to stop watching Neighbours and Top Model and watch more adult shows! As if.

Oh and I got a suggestion that for KK we could put our kids likes/ dislikes for present.

belle..glad to see you back

KK...caity LOVES the wiggles.....anything that is the wiggles, and she needs size 2 summer gear

shell - my family don't help out much though. Mum works full time, as does my dad & mil, so whenever either of them has a day off (and spare time) then I'll grab them to help me with shopping or outings. Usually though I only have Heath to help me.

Meg - With J being older it should be easier I would think. But I don't know what 3 year olds are.

belle - I'm pretty sure the LC will be able to help you out with the attachment issues. It is very hard work in the early days of breastfeeding, especially with a toddler running around, but it's worth it in the end. I had a couple of issues in the early days with Emily, and the LC helped me with them, and within 24 hours she was feeding like a trooper. It now only takes her about 2-3 min to drain one side during the day!
    How is Julia going with Tara? Probably in absolute awe of her is she?
    Good to hear you and your mum were able to sort things out.

Well I went shopping with MIL today to get some party stuff organised. She's making the cake, so we bought most of that stuff, and Toys r Us had a trampoline on special which I wanted, so I bought that too. We'll pick that up tomorrow.
    And guess what Nina said to me just before ... 'Mummy, I'm hungry'!!! I could have cried, she's so grown up now.

Nina's likes:
    Dorothy/Wiggles
    In the Night Garden
    Books
    Drawing/crafts
    Size 3 clothing - only summer stuff though
    disney princess

Dislikes:
    teddies - well Mummy does mostly!
    There's not really anything that she doesn't like
    Last edited by Visitor7; August 4th, 2008 at 08:02 PM.

hi ya girls

sick as a dog from our weekend away. blah!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday shell - welcome to the 30 club

hmm Vy's likes - anything really - she doesnt really care

dislikes - im with you Jodi - NO TEDDIES PLEASE

BBL when Ive my nose

Hi girls

Shell thanks for the PM would love to do the KK.

Nelle - good to see ya, hows things? your right I do need some of my own time, got some right now for 40mins YAY Tara sleeping and inlaws and Jeffrey have taken Julia to the park, they are going back to Melb tomorrow!!!!

Meg - honey thanks for your advice, I called my LC from last time and she has given me wonderful tips until Wednesday then we can get the attachment sorted! Heres hoping all goes well. Re your anxiety honey, I had the same issues, I saw my psyhcologist on a fortnightly basis up until Tara's birth and she called me 2 days after to see how I was. When I had the meltdown in hospital she told me that none of this was my fault it was all their expectations. We worked on me having no expectations so I wouldnt get into bad anxiety. I also increased my meds 4 weeks before the birth as thats when my anxiety started coming about the birth. That helped and also doing relaxing things helped too. Can you see someone on regular basis to have steps in place for the birth? My psych told me take one step at a time only and it worked wonders on my way to the hospital, having the drugs and then being operated on and then in recovery. How is J recovering honey?

Shell - congrats on your pregnancy!!! great to see you, how you feeling? thanks for the hugs.

Caddie - honey how you doing?

Helen - Your pregnancy seems to be going so fast! probably not for you though, how is everything?

AnnaT - congrats on being 5 weeks/ nearly 6 weeks, praying for you for sticky vibes hon.

Chrissy - hi mate, so happy you liked the photos!! great to hear from you hows your tribe going?

Jodi - thanks for your support mate, I really appreciate all your help and advice. Will call you tomorrow, MWAH

MAZ - sweetie hope you feel better soon mate... sending you big cyber hugs. Breathe Breathe honey.

Likes and dislikes for Julia for the KK are:

Julia's likes:
    In the Night Garden - its an obsession!
    Dora!
    Books
    Drawing colouring books and crayons
    Size 3 clothing - only summer stuff too please
    ETA: Shoe size - Size 7 Target, Kmart etc.

Dislikes:
    Wiggles/Dorothy
    No soft toys please got heaps!
    Chalk or paint or crafty things with glue - none please Julia puts them everywhere and as we rent its not good!

Best go and start cooking dinner.
    Last edited by *Belle*; August 4th, 2008 at 11:46 PM.

Belle- Just PM me your addy and can get the KK ball rolling!

hi girls ,

popping in.... glad to see everyone...

Belle- congrats agin on your beautifl girl, and OMG at the IL's gosh you poor thing

Shell- your a champ for doing the KK

Meg- how is j now from his op??

maz get well soon

Jodi very cute on the talking, must say im kinda relieved annika doesnt say much at all.. which is nice cause Teleah doesnt shut up. She did this morning run up to me and point to my nose and say "nose" very proudly

having a bit of a *****ful tima atm, seems like people like to kick people while they are down and i just feel like im constaantly dogged behind my back. Its like high school all over again.

as for Annika well she must be a mini she is still in size 1 lol

so likes - Dolls, drawing, LOVES animals, size 2 summer clothes

dislikes doesnt watch TV, no teddies

well im off to craawl back into my hole

Hope you feel better soon (by the way, Cat's bub is spelled Ceri). Still wish I'd gotten to see you when you were close! Ah well next time.

Wow at Nina's sentence Jodi! (And haha at Annika pointing out your nose Ness) Riv doesn't talk still, but he knows what's what, and he's starting to have different sounds for things. I just think talking's not a priority for him. (He's probably too busy figuring out how to climb things and escape from places. And he's figured out how to use the microwave too )

As for the KK:
    Needs/Likes:
    - size 2 pants, size 1 or 2 tops.
    - Anything to do with music
    - Doesn't have many bath toys

Don't needs/likes:
    - more teddyists (like racists or sexists) here. Don't love branding plastered all over things either.
    - things without batteries are easier, but it doesn't really matter

I'll come back and add more later, dh seems to be more interested in video games than parenting (can anyone tell I'm annoyed? :P).

Ooh, I double posted and didn't realise! Nothing to see here folks...
    Last edited by Nelle; August 5th, 2008 at 02:08 PM.

Well ruby is a mini too because she is still ina 1! But still a few months from summer time.
    Millana has just fitted into 3's but some pants still big in the waist.
    Ok likes for miss ruby! Loves the fairies,dora,books,clothes,high heels,being a princess,playdough.Shoe size 6 target for summer. shirts buy a 2 but pants a 1!
    Dislikes: dvd's (i have so many id probably double up),soft toys(make my own),glue,glitter,paint.
    But all my kks in the past have been great so i am not fussed everone,as long as its not paints,millana would have a freakin great time!!!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast