Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #2

Sarak Kate- I'm going to the council for Ashleigh's needles. That way they are free and I'd feel better with them giving it as they are doing that sort of thing all the time whereas my Gp prolly wouldn't do it so often.

ChrissyT- Hope i don't keep Ash up with wind after this dinner! I didn't eat all that much, wasn't too impressed with my cooking.

I know someone mentioned somewhere that they got there bubs hands or feet done in plaster. Where can i go to buy this sort of thing as I'd love to get something like that to get Ashleigh's hands and feet before she gets so old! Do they sell some sort of kit?
    Last edited by shellbell3; November 9th, 2006 at 07:32 PM.

Had Nina weighed today, 5.45kg & 60cm long. That's 200g up from last week.
    All in all had a good day, lots of shopping with the rellies. They leave tomorrow morning and we won't see them until July next year.

shell - I have a hand & foot plaster kit bought from Target.

sarah kate - we went to our doctor for the needles as they bulk bill for kids under 10.

can't remember what everyone else has said lol. Have a good night all

rach that is good to hear that you are already on iron tablets. hopefully the dr will sort you out so you feel a bit better.

im going to the drs for rileys needles as there is a nurse there that has done all of akiras and she know me. just a pain in the butt thats all.

shellbell he rash has cleared up again we are waiting to see if it comes back before we can give her anything for it. yeah i loved it lol. slept really well until riley woke up and when i just got back into bed akira woke up to tell me she was hungry GRRR.

jodi lee - nina is only 450g heavier than riley lol. glad to hear you enjoyed your day out hope you spent heaps lol.

well im off to get akira ready for bed im a bit behind with everything tonight lol.

night

Adele

Had Nina weighed today, 5.45kg & 60cm long. That's 200g up from last week.
    Way to go Nina!!!
    I must go weigh my lard arse kiddo.. I reckon the porker is about 6.2kgs by now.

Just a quickie. On comparing Bella's 12 week weight to Eithan. She was 6.5kg and 63cm
    long. But she was such a skinny little thing. Looking on the growth chart, Eithan is the size of an average 6week old LOL.

Nina's weight sounds great. she sounds like she is doing really well.

Sarah-Kate-just noticed that you got married on exactly the same day as I did. Hope you had a happy aniversary last week.

love

Sarah Kate Guest

Thanks Helen . We went to the movies and my mum looked after Emma. I think she was so excited like all her Christmases had come at once . I hope you had a lovely day too.

Thanks for the advice re: the needles. Still not sure what I am going to do. The council have their next lot on the 16th November which then Emma will be 2 months old so I might just go there.

Shell, I want to do the plaster thing too. I might go to Target today and have a look at how hard it will be to do it myself. I was also thinking of getting a blank canvas and some paint and just doing her hand and foot prints but not sure if the paint would be safe enough??

i did hand and foot prints for ainsleigh's baby book emma... and let me tell you it was hard!!! i bought crayola poster paint from target. feet prints were ok, but at this age the reflex is to keep the hand closed, so did not get any handprints. ainsleigh did not like the texture of the paint on her feet either, so she screamed the whole time. have i put you off your idea? just kidding, it's a great memory!

morning girls

i can belive this im getting a cold now . simon told me to rest yeah right with two kids home very unlikely to happen. so i might just stay alll day in bed tomorrow and sleep.

i did the plaster thing from target and it was hard to. i did it on akira when she was 2mths and it didnt work . i took photos of her feet and hand to put in her book.

hello to everyone hope you all had a good night.

bbl

adele

We only got footprints of Paige as well...LOL There was NO WAY she was opening her hands up for us...we ended up with paint everywhere instead.

Non-toxic paint is fine for bubs SK....kids paints are non-toxic these days.

Sarah-Kate ebay has some great hand and footprint kits, either baby safe ink, plaster kits or you can even do 3d moulds

well we had another good night, well sought of, he went down around 9.30pm woke at 2.30am but stayed awake till 3.30am *sigh* but then slept till 6.30am and is half dozing on futon at present

I have been busy girl this morning still feeling like crap but things to do, have all nappies and bubs clothes washed and on line, have another load just about ready then have a load of our towels and a smalll load of clothes to do have washed and vac floors and put away dishes all that left to do is some ironing which I have been putting off *sigh* I hate ironing...anyway it is 8.30am and all I have left to do is hang out those loads of washing and go to dr and shops

Hi all,
    I'll have to check out target this weekend for those plaster kits and if nothing there I'll get onto e-bay.
    Might get some paint to do the footprints too. Would just be so nice to have. Don't have a car today so will wait til the weekend.

Ashleigh had the best night ever last night, put her down around 8pm as usual but only took 20 mins to settle rather than 1hr to 1.5. Then she slept til 3:40! Never slept that long then didn't get up til 8am!

Sarah Kate- Ash is having her 2 month injections on 16th too.

well done rach wish my house was like that but this week with akira home all day its a mess not matter much i clean it up. so today i have given up ill do it tomorrow or get simon to anyway

glad to hear you had a good night shellbell. hope she keeps it up for you.

Adele

I just did a really long post with personals and the bloody thing crashed on me
    $^($^@(*^%(*@^%(@&$)([email protected]&)@&)(^&@(*^(*! is what i have to say!
    NOT HAPPY JAN

so Hello to everyone BBL
    Ive really got to do some washing cause Vy's been throwing up on me and I have daggy [email protected] tops to wear, the ones that show your ripples..ah not apretty look.
    xxmaz

Ihad a good nite until ruby woke at 3am and didnt go back to sleep till 4am.My eyes are bugging out of my head now.
    Ruby and i have our checkups and needles today.Fun.Fun,fun.
    I got my daughters hands and feet done by twinkletoes,so they are actual casts.Its cute because you can always remember actual size.I also put a photo in a frame taken the day the casts were done too.More expensive but i had a friend that spent $5000 in the last 3 yrs of her daughter and son on professional photos.Unbelievable!

caddie you can buy the cast like they do on twinklletoes off ebay and do yourself and friend of mine did her bubs and the y look great

Quote Originally Posted by shellbell3 View Post
    Ashleigh had the best night ever last night, put her down around 8pm as usual but only took 20 mins to settle rather than 1hr to 1.5. Then she slept til 3:40! Never slept that long then didn't get up til 8am!

Maybe you should have more curried snags then...LOL

Girls...I am trialling what I never ever said I would do....a daytime routine!!!

I just feel like I need some structure to my days now, especially the days when we are at home all day. I really don't do well with this whole 'What comes next?' thing with babies although she has her own rhythm pretty much anyway.
    So...as much as I always said I disliked the 'Contented Little Baby Book's' rigid structure, I am going to adapt some of the routine into our day.
    Also, I was reading Jools Olivers book again for the 3rd time...and i must of missed the part where she also used some of her structure,
    Eg: Getting up and feeding Paige at 7am...this is usually done in bed thow...lol
    I dunno, i just want some direction now with her daytime feeds and naps.

ChrissyT- I think if a routine would do you good go for it. Ashleigh has some rough structure of routine, she usually wakes up around a usual time and we always try to put her down at same time, just in the day she calls the shots but we do have some sort of eat, play, eat again, sleep, although it can vary. Those books with the rigid structures you mentioned have a good basis but like you said they are bit rigid, I don't like how they say when your baby can eat, what if they are hungry before that time? But I do look at them to see as a rough guide how often a baby should sleep, play although Ashleigh never sleeps as long as they have and no way could she spread her feeds out to 4 hourly in the day.

Rach75- I've just checked out on e-bay those twinkle toes, do you know if your friend found it difficult to do? Cause those kits are reasonably priced but didn't kow how hard it would be.

caddie- good luck with the check up and needles. Can't believe how much your frined spent! I thought the $380 i spent on professional photos was way too much!

maz- I've got to the point now when Ash chucks on me I just sort of sponge it off, can't be bothered changing anymore!

Hell yeah...and what do you do with a baby who doesnt have a 2.5 hour sleep in the middle of the day...LOL

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast