Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #26

Millana is not freakish for walking at 10mths old, and if she is then she has my good company :nana: Im hoping Jett will follow along and do the same (looks like it Mr I-want-to-stand-holding-anything-I-can)

Well I sat Jett up between my legs when we were playing on the floor yesterday with our friend and her baby, I had his hands resting on his knee's and I let go without thinking. Next thing I realise he is SITTING After about 10 sec he did that slow sideways fall lol But he did it again when I tried, my friend was so amazed and saying to her son "Look, copy Jett. Why arent you all advanced like Jett?" Its probably just all his fat locking together that lets him do it .............. lol

Anyway back to bed for us, little monster woke at 5:45am grr.

Caddie.. Aww poor Ruby.. i hope they wont need to do anything and she'll be ok for her sake, the poor pet.. its alot to go through for such a little girl. I walked when i was 9 months old too.. mum said she thinks it was because of my old brother and sister always pulling me around but i was walking before i was crawling. Jesse's already scooting himself around on his stomach, wont be long before he's crawling all over the place.. and to make my house baby proof is gonna be hell!

Shellbell.. go the raspberry shortcake biscuits! yum.

Rikki.. yeh day care scares me too atm... even just leaving Jesse with anyone other the DH scares me... but we're waiting for #2 to come along before we put him in.. least that way too he'll be talking and be able to tell me if anything bad goes on.

Nelle.. hope your evening was ok and not too daunting in the end. Yum chicken soup.. all this yummy food is making me hungry!

AnnaT.. well yeh, Jesse had a bad reaction to his first needles (2 monthers) and was fine with this one... we gave him panadol prior to going, not sure if thats what helped but ive heard it can. Hope he's ok next time round.. ehh im dreading it already.

Belle.. wow hypnotherapy has always been interesting to me.. one of those things id like to try as im on borderline as to whether it works or not (probably because i dont know enough about it).. does it work like you see on tv? like you can be in another place and another time? Hope it works for you though

Jodi.. oh what a clever girl! Jesse uses Avent bottles and is starting to hold them himself too, so bought him the attachment handles so he can hold it himself... will give them a go today.

AnnaT.. yay Jett! Woohoo! You might have to come teach Jesse too

Thanks for all your concerns.. feeling a little bit better today. Dont know whats up.. just had a sore tummy in the evening and feeling sickish and a headache.. DH reckons im pregnant but no chance.. i said im on the pill, he said yeh thats how you fell pregnant with Jesse.. i really hope im not, i just couldnt deal with Jesse and another baby just yet... see how we go next week.
    Jess is starting to wake at 5.30am now! DH leaves for work then so am wondering if he's hearing him leaving. Dh said it maybecause he's getting too much sleep during the day but he hardly had any yesterday and was up again this morning and was just whinging until he was fed. Just wondering.. when you girls started your bubs on solids, did that make a difference with their hunger and how they slept? Just wondering if his bottle before bed isnt stretching out far enough in his tummy and he needs something more?

Ok.. gonna go get a coffee if i wanna make it through today!

xx

Morn all,
    I'm so tired slept so crappy last night, even though I'm tired at night I'm having more and more trouble sleeping then after I feed Ashleigh I still toss and turn again. Its prolly this tiredness thats been making me feel so crappy last few days, woke up again feeling ill, all day I feel ill or headachey. Enough from me whinging.

Kellxx- Is he up for the day at that time or will he go back to sleep after a feed? Maybe take him into bed with you seeing as Dh has gone off to work and see if you can get little more sleep in.

AnnaT- yay on Jett sitting up, he'll be on the move before you know it!

Nelle- You buy anything from the party? Hope your sister gave you feebie seeing as it was held at your place!

rikki- I think thats the worse part when your on your own is finding time for dinner! Df goes out every sat night and then I find I'm always trying to find time to make something and never get to til Ash is in bed! I hope Ainsleigh settled for you last night.

Jodi- thats great you could express so much, with all these bottles you express ready for daycare your supply is gonna be fantastic. Oh and can you send Nina over to teach Ash with a sippy cup. Ashleigh is funny she just chews on it and occasionally will actually sip then has this astonished face when she has a mouthful of milk, yet she then goes back to chewing and I'm like just suck! You see you get milk when you do!

caddie- You have had a lot of bad luck, hopefully now things will turn a corner and just get so much better. Just make sure if it gets too much for you to let out how your feeling. As for the lotto business well I actually bought a ticket yest for tonights powerball cause I felt lucky!

I have been up since friggin 430am.My kids are sending me bonkers.Why cant they sleep in.Millana was crying and hysterical until i gave her painstop hoping shed nod back off but no,she is happy now but not asleep which is better than nothing.
    I have needles today,so i will need to tidy before i head out.
    Kellxx hope you feel better soon.
    Wow on jett! great to see a boy advanced,usually its the girls.
    hello to all the girls and lurkers.

It was another early one for me too caddie. Two nights in a row now. She woke up at 3.20 and didn't go back to sleep till 4.30. I just don't know what the deal is with that.
    To the girls giving bubs solids, what time of day are you doing it and how much are you giving them?

I was crawling at 5 months and walking at 9 months. I had my older sister around to play with so mum thinks that helped. I'm glad Nina isn't crawling yet. Still need to baby-proof the house. She stood on her own for 3 minutes yesterday (we timed it!) and she can walk around in her walker. She just hates being on the ground.

anna** - thanks for the chat last night. How was Xander, did he settle for the night. I lost internet connection and didn't get it back till now.

shell - I'm glad too that she drank from it. Ash will one day get the idea of it, just keep practising.

bbl, Nina's hungry

Nooooooooooo Shell I dont want him to move yet, Im not ready lol

Do you guys realise that in 7 weeks at the most, our babies will be half a year old

Jodi, funny you should say about having older siblings making you learn things faster, my mother swears its the opposite! My sister walked at 11mths and my brother who is a boy genius didnt walk til 14mths lol I guess cause he had his doting biggest sissy to help him....................

Just a question for the breastfed bubs, how long is the longest stretch your bubs will sleep for at night? Ash does a 4-5hr stint but thats from 8pm so I miss sleeping thru that one then the rest of the night can be anywhere between 2-4 hours.

Shell - Xander will still only do 4-5 hour stints as well... occasionally longer. I've been finding it really hard to get to sleep myself lately as well, and spending most of the day only half functioning. Wonder what it is?

Jodi - Thanks for the chat last night, was good to speak to someone who's kid is doing the same things (not surprising as they are pretty much the same age). As to solids, Xander has one tablespoon of EBM mixed with 2 tsp of rice cereal and less than one teaspoon of whatever we are trying him on (morning). At night he has just the rice cereal & EBM; same amount as in the morning.

Kellxx- It hasn't really affected his sleep patterns, but he is now feeding 3 hourly during the day ... it was hourly so much better!

AnnaT - Yay on Jett sitting up, that is really early for a boy. My little slacker is still no where near sitting up unassisted so I think I'm going to buy one of those Bumbo or Bebepod seats to help train him.

Caddie - I hope things on go upwards and onto better things from here for you.

Belle - Look forward to chatting to you hon.

Big hellos to all you other lovelies... gotta fly as I can hear my little guy getting super frustrated trying to roll again.

Shellbell.. I usually try giving him his dummy and playing his music, which he just plays, rolls over and complains cos hes stuck.. then i bring him in with me and he lies there complaining so we end up getting up and i feed him. After the feed he's up for the day and ready to play. He has about a 20 nap about an hour ago and he's awake again now. I'll probably put him down in his cot in about 15-30 mins and he sleeps usually until about 1pm. I know i shouldnt complain as he does sleep from 8pm until 5.30amish.. but that extra hour would make so much difference (esp when day light savings end!)
    Aww i hope youre feeling better soon. I know how you feel. I just have no energy lately.

Caddie.. thankyou.. good luck with the needles.

going to try daycare again today... but don't think i am ready. also just rang work to find out what is happening there.... but really just wanted to say happy five months birthday to ainsleigh!!!!

Happy 5 months Ainsleigh!!
    Are you going back to work Rikki, is that why you're putting Ainsleigh in daycare. Can you leave her there for a couple of hours while you're at home and see how you feel. If you don't feel you're ready, then you can go and get her??

shell - Nina will sleep between 6-11, have a feed then sleep, then will wake every 2-3 hours after that. It would be great if she slept through till 5 or 6 after waking at 11, but it never happens.

anna** - Nina isn't really fussed on the rice cereal anymore so I'm giving her some puree fruit in the morning. Was wondering what time of day I should introduce the second meal. Do you give Xander the second meal just before bed?
    On the seat thing, I tried Nina in that yesterday, and she loved it! She loves sitting up and looking around. The only thing I found was it said 3-12 months, or up to 10kg. She didn't have much room to move in it now. She loved the little kids seats even more. Even though they're for 3yrs+ I'm going to get her one she loved it so much.

hi ya girls
    Sorry Ive been AWOL
    Had alot going on here - school and school interviews and meetings. Having to explain to 3 people what an autistic kid likes and doesn't and have to repeat myself.
    CAddie honey - im sorry but I cried when I read your post from yesterday especially when you said you went for a walk and had some thinking time. I hear you mate. Its only gotta get better for you and Ruby from now on. IM always here.
    Rikki - I tried to put Nikolaus into daycare when he was 2 months old to go back to work. I quit my job half an hour after leaving the daycare. Its to hard to do. YOu'll make the right decision for you mate.
    Hello everyone else - im a slack [email protected]!!!!!! IM sending you all sleeping vibes for your darlings. Vy slept form 1pm yesterday afternoon and i had to wake her up at 3.10 to pick up Nikolaus from school.
    Ok I'll BBL girlies
    Have nappies to hang up and washing to do, she's having a nap now.

i did decide to go back to work jodi... but it is starting to get difficult (politics) and i am having second thought. they have a really good orientation program there, so can take ainsleigh everyday for two weeks, starting at 20mins, and working up from there.

good luck with all the interviews etc maz. does nik have any consistency from last year (staff etc)

we're off to swimming this morning...can't wait!

Jodi - I think Bellemy's make a baby oats as well as the rice cereal, maybe Nina would like that better? Xander loves his rice cereal more than anything! I give him his second taste of food at about 6pm, which is a couple of hours before he goes to bed; tho I never try him on anything new at that time in case his tummy gets upset.

Rikki - I don't blame you for reconsidering... I loved my job, but I just couldn't bring myself to leave bub at daycare. The one you did mention to me sounds pretty good tho, but if there is a lot of sh*t going on where you work..... hmmm, decisions, decisions. Enjoy swimming and Happy 5 Months to Ainsleigh.

Maz - Can you write out some sort of list so you don't need to keep repeating yourself?

Well Xander has finally gone to sleep... so better go do some washing and cleaning up. My DH(ead) has decided that seeing as I'm home that he no longer feels the need to pick up after himself... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Rikki - Nikolaus has the same teachers again this year. Its Wilhelm who has the fun of all the new ones (he's my autistic guy) New kinder and im thinking I might put him into the special schools prep system yet, have to ring the princpal there this morning. Have fun swimming mate, Im thinking I might do that with Vy when both boys are at school.
    Anna - Ive made a booklet but its to much for the idiots to understand and they ask me the same question over and over. Looks like the lseeping vibes from Vy have found Xander. lol
    Jed and i tangoed last night without any protection. Hmmm have to be very careful cause I fall pg at a drop of a hat. AF is due in 3 days but that often doesnt mean pooh
    ok off to make these phone calls
    BBL

Is it her first swimming lesson ... sorry I'm slack and can't remember previous posts!!! Good luck. I'm starting Nina in a couple of weeks, can't wait!!
    That's great about their orientation program, makes things a lot easier for you.

annat - my younger brother was very lazy and didn't walk till he was 14 months or something, probably cause me & my sister would carry him everywhere! I was very full-on apparently and just wanted to be up and about. The things I did when I was a baby, my god! I hope Nina's not the same.

maz - good to hear Vy is having good sleeps during the day. You're wonder woman you are, all those kids and you've still got time to come and chat to us. I've only got one bub and some days I don't have time to come on here at all.

kel - lucky thing! having Jesse sleep long periods at night. You're definitely doing something right there! Send some of that sleep vibes up my way to pass onto Nina.

She's asleep now. She normally has a morning nap around 8am, but it's 10am now, a little late, but that's ok. I've got to do some more shopping today to buy work clothes, and I'm meeting with my new boss to discuss what hours I can work etc.

I've never heard of that brand Anna. I'll try her on the rice cereal again and see how she goes. She just might have been a little fussy the other day with it.

maz - naughty naughty!! although I can't talk cause Heath and I don't use protection EVER!

Bellemys is the organic one Jodi... I decided not to use the Farex when I saw that it contained vegie oil - tho I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem with most bubs (I'm just fussy!)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast