Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #26

Default Babies Born September 2006 #26

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.
    Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:29 PM.

Oi! Lea! (my fault for taking my usual 4 years to write a post hey!)

Hey girls! Dinner was honey almond chicken cept the shops didn't have almonds so we had cashews instead! And salad. And the good kind of guests who did the dishes while I fed River - they've definitely scored themselves a re-invite!

Anna, hope you're not to stressed about the Whooping cough thing, hope you guys stay healthy!

Annat, that's good that those swellings aren't a major complication, does Jett seem bothered by them, or does it just look nasty?

Yay for all these mobile babies! River spent a good deal of this arvo upset cos he can't remember how to roll. Must admit...I did have a bit of a giggle at his expense. He's trying so hard!

Maz, yep they've got a sale on at the moment (I didn't realise til you said it...thanks!!) And it's babylegs . com . au Caddie, there are quite a few pairs at $10 at the moment. Get the cowprint ones, then Ruby can match Vy and Riv!!

Why Adele, what's wrong with your car now? Hope the fixers didn't do bad things!

We're looking at getting a newer car (new-er as opposed to new lol). I wanted a people mover, cos they're fun, but Rans suggested a wagon, which I never wanted, but he's found some nice looking ones, and the bonus of those is that it'll be heaps easier to get the pram in and out cos I won't have to lift it to reach the boot!
    But I've left him in charge of it really. I'm impressed with any car really.

Anyway, got a headache, bit annoying, so I might head to bed soon.
    A big hello to all those girls I didn't mention, especially the lurkers!! Let us know how you're going!! 'Lurkers' always seems like a Dr. Seuss sort of word to me! You lurkers riding Turkers wearing Sirca coloured Burquas. xo

Nelle you r crazy girl!!
    Just scribin to the thread.Im going to bed.I am tired tonight.

Nelle, poor kiddo's legs look bad but they are mighty painful for him too. Its so hard to avoid touching or moving them, esp when he sleeps on his side Ive taken pics so I will upload them in the morning.

Oh no Anna, I hope you got your meds in time to stop you and Xander getting whooping cough! My family in Perth didnt get to see Jett before we left as my Aunt had WC after being vaccinated 40yrs before. Turns out the vaxs dont last long enough and theyre noticing a reoccurance in adults that then passes on to kids.
    My brother has to be careful with it too as he is allergic to the WC vax. Speaking of, its his 14th birthday today my baby bro is growing up. I feel so old lol

Well buddha is asleep finally (after snoozing for the last hour and then waking up cause he was hungry YAY!) so I guess I should be to!

god annat if you think you feelold with your brother turning 14, my daughter ( miss attitude cow ) turns 14 on sunday, i feel like a granny now LOL, me and my ex went halves in a ipod for her, i picked it up yesterday,now i want one!

i hope jett is ok, and also i hope anna and xander dont get whopping chough either, one of my kids got it went they where babies, my eldest brought it home from preschool, and it went through the household, and she also did likewise with chicken pox, it went through us all, my youngest was only 2 months old, and i had to be hospilasied, as i had it that bad.

i am joining the gym today, so that should be a laugh a minute, i need to shake my fat ars, so i can fit on the bike, so i can have a compfy ride down to phillip island, god i hope im not preganant........bfn this morning...9dpo....and my temp went down.......yes!!!

Grr,i have been up since 330am!!! I think i got ruby back down but millana is up.I told dh he must get up at 530am so i can sleep.Millana is whinging BBL

AnnaT.. Glad Jett is ok... always better to be safe.

Anna**.. aww poor Xander.. fingerscrossed he'll be fine.

Anyways ladies.. more later gotta go out and Jess is screaming already.

Ciao

xx

caddie I've been awake since 3am too!!! Nina woke up and I fed her and she went back to sleep, but then the rain started and it was really hever, which startled her, then she wanted to play with us. Heath ended up waking up cause I was in our room with the monitor on and he could hear her squealing while playing (this is her new noise now, very annoying!) So we both got up with her and hopped on the computer, only for Nina to fall asleep at 4.45 So then Heath and I were wide awake but Nina was sleeping.
    I ended up going back to bed, but couldn't sleep, and Nina woke up at 7. It'll be a long day for me with only 4 hours sleep last night.

:biggrin: :biggrin: fly by visit to sub and share our news

Jack's hearing is perfect but we did the right thing comign in, as before 3mths if eharing loss is there then they catch it early and you would never know development wise, 3-6mth some delay, 6mth older you will be able to tell bub has hearing problems,, but all I care about is Jack is fine WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok best move trying to get housework done before Jack wakes it gets to hot and we have swim class start today so will be tired after that

moring girls,

riley has a mild fever but i have to keep a close eye on him under the hospital orders as they rang yesterday to see how he was doing with this lot of needles.

nelle- the job isnt a good one thats all i can say about it the back door isnt lined up very well and the boot is stuffed as well as the lock on the boot so im ring them up later.

anna- i gave my brothe wc when he was a day old oppps lol. he can have the vax for it now but is fine.

well im off to get akira to kindy

later

Morning all,
    Anna- Hope Xander is fine, its a bit of a worry isn't it. I'm glad I got Ashleigh Vax when I hear stories like this.

Adele- Glad Riley is doing okay. Pain in the ass bout your car though.

Rach75- yay, Jacks hearing is great! Must be a load off your mind.

Jodi- Nina being very cheeky! Ash never cries in the night now when she wants me she'll do that squealing or laughing, something fun and when I go in she looks wide awake having a great time in there! Luckily though a good feed always puts her back to sleep.

caddie- I hope you got a little extra sleep in!

chrissy- I remember the whole being a teenager, I'm not looking forward to Ash getting there eventually, I remember everything being such a drama. Just remember one day your 14yr old might have kids of her own and it will be paybacks for what she's doing to you!

AnnaT- Hows little Jetts leg today?

Nelle- I'm getting a newer car too later this year though for when I return to work. My requisite has to be something not too big cause I cannot park!

I just went on that website and bought legwarmers, had to get 2 pairs seeing postage was the same. Bought those cute cow ones and cherry ones.
    Okay better get off the computer I feel poor Ash is being ignored left to play in there alone for the last 35 mins!

hi girls,
    so much has happened, hope i can remember what was in the last thread!
    annat, glad that jett is ok. nothing worse than seeing our bubs in distress
    anna** - glad that neither you or xander have WC (thanks for the heads up ) and make sure you get that vax done young lady!
    rach - glad that jesse's hearing is fine. it is always best to get it checked just to allay your fears.
    sorry to hear about restless bubba's...especially those that think the middle of the night is a fun time to play!

ainsleigh did not want to go to bed again last night. we tried some rice cereal last night, and she got a major case of the hiccups when we put her to bed (tho that could of been as she got herself so worked up crying) and she finally fell asleep in my bed with me ( i had a ripper headache and dh was on the phone to his bro in qld, so lying in bed together was the best solution!!) ainsleigh has her first orientation day at daycare today... and tomorrow we are starting a swimming class, thirty mins for bubs then an hour of exercise for the mums. should be fun, going with a few from my mother's group.

hello to everyone i did not mention - nelle, maz, shell, sharleen, ambz, chrissy, adele, nessa, helen (good to hear from you), belle.... and the MIA girls who may be lurking chrissyt, merrie, littlep.... sorry if i forgot anyone, been up since 4am as dh went back to the mines today... single mum time again for two weeks AAAAGH!!!!

Happy 5 months to Ambah for yesterday... these bubbas of ours are gonna be on the move before we know it.

AnnaT - I'm happy to hear that Jett's leg is alright. Bit of a worry tho... did they say if the reaction is likely to happen again?

Nelle - Woo hoo on getting a newer car, they are much better value than buying 'new' new anyway as you don't loose $4k the second you leave the dealership. I dunno what your budget it, but if you are looking at a wagon, seriously consider a TJ Magna... they are excellent value for money and very rarely do they have a problem. Parts are cheap (as is insurance) and they have decent power... oh, and they actually look really good with a set of wheels, lowered and dark tint

Rikki - Yes Mum, I will go get the Boostrix jab (someday soon). How exciting little Ainsleigh and her first taste of solids.. did she like the rice cereal?

Shell - It is a scary thought with the whooping cough, little bubs can get so sick with it. I'm glad I've had Xander vaccinated as if he does get it, his symptoms will be a lot milder than a bub that isn't vax'd.

Chrissy - How'd the gym go? What sorta bike are you riding down to philip island?

Big hellos to Maz, Belle, Kellxx, Adele and all the rest of you lovely yummy Mummies. I gotta fly and go hang out some freshly washed nappies.

Sharleen- Its a worry isn't it. Some days Ash will slide around the floor on her back, the other day she pushed herself all the way over to the TV and started pulling on cords and I thought god its time to start thinking bout baby proofing the house. If I'm not in the room i just put her in the play pen now.

Rikki- Those swimming classes sound like fun. How did the childcare day go? How often is she going in?

I finally got around to cleaning the little bath seat for Ashleigh and she had her first big bath. I think she was a little sus of it, she didn't splash around like she does in the little bath spent the time sucking on her face washer!

just hoped on quickly to HELLO chickens and to sub to new thread. Vy has been having 2hour long sleeps in the afternoons and I find I can get HEAPS of $hit done then.
    Caddie - hope your little box comes soon
    BBL

hi girls

I have missed out on so much, sorry I have been MIA, things havent been going so well at home.

Caddie - thanks for your message, my mobile doesnt work at the moment its total crapola I have to buy a new one... sorry mate...

Maz - thanks for the email mate...much appreicated.

Anna**- good to hear you and Xander can take the antibiotics phew...

Well girls Julia's full of beans lately not much sleeping to be done in our house during the day she just doesnt want to sleep.

I got the weirdest call from the real estate today we rent... someone sent our body corporate a complaint about our plants in the flower boxes that are attached to the balcony??? how weird, we just have herbs in them, no one can see them...wonder why? apparently the owner called the real estate but didnt have the letter in front of him so I have to wait to find out what the complaint was out... do they think we are growing something illegal instead of Parsley?

Back later for more personals girls.

Bel
    xxx

Not here today maz but im sure it will arrive before the weeks out!
    Ruby had her head xrays this morning,got a bit grizzly at the end because we had to hold her head in a certain position.Poor mite.Was a bit sad seeing her lying on a big bed waiting for the xray.Paeds appoint in the arvo.Cant wait to find out what the go is.
    And then needles tommorow!!
    I didnt get any extra sleep as millana cried and aaron couldnt control her so after ruby was in bed i just had a lie on the couch and watch einsteins and jojo circus.What fun.

Belle sorry maybe you can pm me your address please? And i want to send a book for you to read.Just a funny one.Well i thought it was!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast