Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #29

Default Babies Born September 2006 #29

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Just spent the last hour getting Ashleigh to sleep. In end i gave up on her cot and rocked her in the bouncer for 15 mins til she fell asleep. Only prob is she is getting too big for the bouncer so I'll be lost once I can't use it anymore. Plus she tries to climb out of it now.
    Oww Just had a piece cornflake stuck under my tongue.

thanks girls for all your well wishes.....just trying to let it sink in now

Just popped in to say congratulations Chrissy! Fantastic hun - very happy for you.

OMG chrissy! congratulations... lets hope we all have the same level of success when we start trying. guess phillip island is off then. you and craig must be so excited. does this mean i can still be your phone buddy for this bub too

belle - have not seen you round for a while. hope all is ok.

ok, can't remember who said what in the last thread... was it sharl who said bubs is talking already? yay to ambah.... don't know what to suggest with ash shell. i know with ainsleigh i think i was putting her to bed before shew as tired enough, so that is why she was screaming.

ainsleigh went back down after another bottle at about 8.30pm... and slept till just after 8 this morning. we're off to see my SIL this morning who is about 22 weeks...can't wait to settle in for a good chat about bubs and pregnancy without the boys there!

have a good day all
    Last edited by rikki; February 11th, 2007 at 10:17 AM. Reason: forgot to subscribe!

shell - do you think ash would prefer to sleep upright a little? Are you able to raise the cot mattress? You've probably thought of this and have tried it.
    Nina gets like that too, after spending over an hour trying to settle her, as soon as she's in the bouncer she goes to sleep. I'm going to be lost without that bouncer too. She doesn't do it a lot, but on occasion, mainly 3 in the morning or some rediculous hour like that.

anna** - I think I've missed some posts before, did you try Xander on some formula, and did he take to it? Whatever works and whatever will give you a break. You need all the energy you can get looking after these little ones. How's he been lately? Did he sleep well last night.

Had MIL look after Nina last night while we went bowling (BTW I lost and Heath kicked butt ... yet again). And I told her what to do if Nina did this, or did that ... and she didn't do any of it and did her own thing! Which made things even worse and when we got home at 10.30 Nina was wide awake!!! I was soooo angry, cause I had to then try and get her back to sleep, which took an hour. Luckily she only woke up once after that, then slept till 7am. BUT, she should have listened to me in the first place. ggrrr!

Hey Chrissy - your not going to leave us for another thread now are you *crying*?
    Shell - Jodi is so right. OMG why didnt we think of it earlier? Ive got a friend that put a few blankets under one side of the cot and her baby boy started sleeping alot better. Oh Jodi - your a gem matie.
    rikki - have fun at SIL and have fun getting all clucky.
    Nat - hello chickie how have you been stranger? Love Zain's face mate. cracker!

maz, i so loovvee miss piggy.......no you dont get rid of me that easily

nat, thanks im catching you now #7 on HIS way

Well, I'll be jigged if I can remember what everyone's said!

Except - CONGRATS Chrissy, that's totally awesome, hope things go well in the next few weeks! So awesome.

Oh and Maz, Of COURSE I'd love to be your guinea pig! I'm rather excited now.
    And I haven't figured out craft activities that boys would like yet - it's next Friday night that we're doing the White water Crafting - I'm guessing the girls will like what the boys will like because there are boys there

Good to see you Nat! How's it going?

And arrrgh Jodi at your MIL! Honestly, it's a problem if you can't trust her to do the right thing with Nina and Nina's not old enough to dob yet - but even then I worry about my mum or mil saying when they're older 'we just won't tell mum okay' :eek: I don't *think* I'll have that problem with mine though.
    And Sharle, could you get your girls to dob if your mil tries to feed Ambah sausage?

Better go, got lots to do today! And I think this week will be the week where I try to get River and myself to bed earlier and up and at em earlier! (River will probably be fine, and I will be the one in shock from having to get up )
    Hope everyone's having a great Sunday! xo

Ok have updated Jesse's website with funny food faces.. theres one on the main page and theres a few more in the Gallery section.

Nessa.. thats great your DH is letting you have some time to yourself.. i always love it when mine does.. so happy he let me have a sleep in this morning! Though i was awake lying there half the time, still was nice.

Anna**.. we just gave him the Farex rice cereal.. the plain one.. thats all they had at the supermarket for 4 monthers at the time.. we got some Heinz apple puree and pear puree too so will give them a whirl maybe next weekend once he gets use to the rice cereal. So exciting.. cant wait until his next feed today now. How far long did you start Xander on the 2 feeds? Ohh love the ticker photo too btw! What a spunka doodle.

Chrissy.. still very excited for you! You'll be right.. just stay positive ok

Sharleen.. Can Ambah say mumma and bubba? How cute!!!! All Jesse says is Goooooo!

Shellbell.. nah didnt get the video of it.. just got DH to take photos (although most of them are blurred! Hence why i always take the photos lol). Glad youre feeling better chick. Ooow watermelon! bet she loved it! Has she even taken a dummy? Jesse doesnt mind his sippy cup until he realises its just water and has no taste! Ouch re the cornflake!

Maz.. love Vy's ticker! Lil miss piggy hehe how cute! She looks so much like Nikolaus its not funny!

Nat.. hey chicken.. how you doing!! Zain is such a cutie!!

Jodi.. oh how annoying.. thats why i dont wanna leave Jess with my MIL cos i know she'd do her own thing, or give him alcohol when he wont settle (she did that with DH!) and also cos Jess just doesnt like her.

Belle.. how you doing darl? You getting any rain out your way? Its finally decided to rain here HALLELUJAH!

Have totally rearranged our lounge room last night.. and i love it.. we got a buffet hutch cabinet thing off ebay which looks great.. to put all the dvds in and get rid of the horrible bookshelves... have moved the coffee table now theres a huge area for Jess to play in which is great and yeh.. looks great.

Well while the lil man is sleeping i might do something.. what i dont know yet, will probably just surf the net but hmmm who knows..

Ciao for now

xx

Congrats Chrissy! Ah Im jealous lol Anna will be next you watch!

Sharleen, Jett says Mama to but more when he cries. Im trying to teach him to say Dada when he cries so I can say "Here he wants you!" like Dh does to me.

Well..............Dh is on probation. He is making a huge effort though and will be telling his friend off at work tomorrow for being such a beep beep beep We still have a bit to work out but things are better!

Im making silverside for dinner tonight, yum I can smell it!

Ta for the crawling info. I guess its time to buy baby gates and cupboard latches. I was hoping I'd have a few more weeks before I have to panic.

His new fave place to crawl is over to his FP Laugh and Learn house lol

I might have to try raising the cot, reason I haven't is cause she only gets upset at days sleeps, night time I put her in she is fine, she plays on the floor alot in the day so is on her back no probs just when it is time to sleep in the day the crying starts as soon as I leave the room! Can't hurt to try though I've tried everything else!

Kell- No she won't take dummy either, just chews and spits it out! Love the pics he looks a bit surprised about whats in his mouth!

When I finally get to leave Ash with someone for a few hours that is my worry if they're gonna do things my way or their way.

Ah Im jealous lol Anna will be next you watch!
    I wish and hope so But that would be just too easy for us.

Jodi - Xander slept ok last night, he has gone back to waking once/twice a night which I can manage. Yep, I did try him on some formula... just a sachet I picked up at the supermarket. I just wanted to make sure he liked it 'cos I still don't have my period back and am wondering if I am going to have to partially wean to ttc. Still in two minds tho as I love BF'ing.

Kellxx - PMSL at the photos of your boy and his solids. He really doesn't look too impressed with it! I'm sure he'll get there soon enough tho. Those Heinz spoons are great aren't they? I use them for Xander too as he likes to grab the spoon and help himself... at least when he jabs his face with the spoon it wont hurt him. I started the second feed last week, only a tablespoon (my little man wants LOTS more tho)

Sharleen - I really hope your MIL respects your wishes as a parent and doesn't shove sausage down her mouth. Bloody MIL's!

Rikki - Hope you had a good morning with your SIL. Does she know what sex her bubba is?

Shell - When is your appointment with sleep school? You really sound like you are having a rough time with that gorgeous little princess of yours.

I'm so excited today; Xander is finally rolling properly. He rolled once off about a week ago, but now he keeps doing it. He is still lagging behind in gross motor skills, but I'm just so stoked he is doing this now. Today he rolled from one side of his bedroom to the other. His neck must finally be getting strong.

Hi girls

Yes the news has finally sunk in, but i still have to keep digging through the bin to look if there is 2 lines there lol, I only had one test so now i just want to do another to make sure im not imagining it, but as soon as my wee hit the stick the line came up, only light, but im still 4 days away from when af is due, so expect it to be light this early, i have a my 10 pregnancy tests probably arrive tomorrow in the mail, so i might have a few left over now lol

thanks again for all you well wishes

riki you can still be my phone buddy but you might have to share it with sharleen again

maybe i should send the remaining tests to anna..........

glad to hear hubby is behaving annat, and i love silverside one of my favourites with mashed potaotoes.yum

i just at chocolate havent done that for a while, but now i have an excuse, very naughty i know.....

hi to eveyone, sorry for lack of personals, but im a bit lost today,craig has been online searching for troup carries or mini busses.....LOL

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

AnnaT.. good to hear DH is making an effort. OOww we're having a roast tonight.. yummo.. DH does the best ones!

Anna**.. yeh theyre nice easy to use.. i like all of Heinz stuff, esp the bubby food they have. Hehe yeh he was a little more with it today with his solids.. got some nice photos too. Yay for Xander rolling! Jess just rolls over and then gets stuck.. sometimes he'll kinda lose his balance and roll back but hasnt done the continuous roll yet.

Well... Jess had a good morning, usual routine with a nice nap from 11.30am until 1.30pm now he's been up since and is being a little poobah. Whinging whatever he does. Could the food be upsetting his tummy? He may even be teething perhaps..

OMG OMG OMG CHRISSY!!!!!!! Congratulations!! I havent been around and just saw your ticker!!

Anna - yay on Xander rolling!!!! how are you mate? are you feeling any better?

MAZ - hi hi hi hows the Elephant??? can you text me your addy,,, lost it again,, am going to send off your thing at the posite tomorrow... gotta pick up a parcel with sticky stuff blugh dont worry im prepared, not going to give into my OCD crap.

Kell - hows Jesse - love you r ticker photo!

Jodi - hows Nina and her teeth going? hope she is ok and not too grizzly.

Sharleen - hi mate...how are you and Ambah going?

Shellbell - didnt end up doing the hypno yet.. ran outta time but next week or the week after depending on how my week has been and if I have Julia with me I guess. How is Ansleigh?

Back later for more personals girls. off to look after Julia Goolia

Bel
    xxx

Hi Belle- I been wondering if you've started the hypnotherapy yet and how it went.

Anna- Thats fantastic Xander rolled, Ash just started last week it so exciting.

Tonight I tried Ash on her sippy cup with formula instaed of EBM, had a few more sucks than usual but still have a long way to go, at least there is progress and I can see a small light ahead of me in regards to being able to go out with Df one night minus a baby!

Nessa.. why don't you add the pic to your homepage? It'll be easier to for all to see. If you ever need cake decorating tips, just ask!

Belle - Great to see you online hon. I will call you during the week for a chat ok?

Shell - I really hope Ash learns to drink from a cup soon... have you thought about teaching her to drink from a regular cup (like you or i?) or even a straw? I'm teaching Xander to drink from the magmag straw atm, he's slowly getting there.

Kell - It might be the food, or maybe he is just grumpy today. If he keeps doing it after eating something you can always hold off on the food and try again in a week or so.

Chrissy - How much do you want for the remaining tests (providing you don't get all excited and test repeatedly 'just to check')?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast