Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #29

anna - in answer to your question of the other day... .or maybe even in email... i usually only give little miss rice cereal for breakie then veges for dinner. we have not done sweet yet, want to try a few more veges first. i only gave her lunch as i had just cooked up a batch of pumpkin and it smelt yummo!!! and yay on xander rolling. hopefully when we get together he can give his friend a few tips!!!
    belle - good to hear from you.
    maz - how was your weekend with the kidlets? are they happy at school.... hows wilhelm settling in now? any luck getting him in to the special needs school?
    nessa - i'll check out your cake. anna is an expert... any tips and she's your girl.
    chrissy - is it much cheaper to buy pg tests online? still have a while till i need some, but thought i'd get prepared!
    shell - must be frustrating not being able to get ash to take a cup or bottle. won't be long now, i have a good feeling!!
    hello adele, nelle, ambz, annat, lp, kell, jodi... and everyone else i have forgotten. time for the bath, dinner, bottle and bed routine to start.... it's been taking nearly three hours lately!!!!! (only cos it takes her so long to go to sleep!!!!)

have a good night everyone

ETA cake looks great for a first attempt nessa..... was it for your hubby? i bet he appreciated it

anna** - emailed you some stuff about the growth spurt to your westnet one.

shell - fingers crossed this is the beginning of her finally taking to something else other than boobie. You need some time out.

Got the e-mail.. thanks heaps Jodi!

Shell - I agree with Jodi, you do need time out... I only realised just how much when I finally got a couple of hours away last week (as DH came home for me and took Xander)

Nessa - The cake has come up great. I'll message you re the colouring. ETA: Nessa, what breeds does that puppy of yours have in it? Looks like it is mixed between a big dog and a small dog. Be interesting to see how that one grows up. Cute little thing tho.
    Last edited by Anna**; February 11th, 2007 at 07:39 PM.

Belle.. Jess is doing well, had his first solids yesterday! we still have to organise to meet up sometime!

Shellbell.. i guess you gotta start somewhere hey. Jess is only starting to get use to his sippy cup. Ive been putting a drop or 2 of apple juice (100%) in his water to give it a bit of taste. She'll get there.

Anna**.. yeh he didnt do a poo yet today.. but he's done that before and then does a double lot the next day.. so will see if he poops tomorrow. I think his grumpiness this afternoon was due to teething as with his bottles this evening, he'd stop half way through and start chomping on his puke rag.. poor lil poobah. He went down quite easy tonight though.. mustve been worn out.

Nessa.. oh wow! That looks so good! Ohh i want some!

Ive been giving Jess his solds about 1.30pmish.. would it make a difference, do you think, if i was to push it ahead a feed to his 10am? as i like the idea of giving rice cereal for breaky and then some veges or something different (at a later stage) for dinner or should i just keep it at this time until i start another feed? Or does it not matter either way?

Just had a yummy Lamb Roast for dinner and a Caramel Drumstick for desert aaghhhhhhhh i think im gonna be sick now im so full!

YAY ANna on Xander rolling !!!!
    Chirssy - PMSL at you guys looking for a troop carrier. It was me last week looking for Kia carnival. Im so excited for you I could kiss ya!
    Belle - stuff emailing ya(Im lazy tonight) my address is 16 Stevens Crescent MOOROOPNA 3629 - vic hehehe everyone knows it now. AND I will not become part of your behaviours or aid them in any way. PMSL MAUW babe.
    Rikki - Wilhelms off to school tomorrow and he wants to wear long pants. Im so excited to see what his teacher from last year is going to say cause she knows how much he hated them.
    Who was having a cornetto???? Bl00dy share woman!!!!!!! I could so go a frosty fruit right now..hmmmmmm

I been thinking I might start trying to give Ash a dreamfeed about 10:30ish just cause she wakes at 12- 12:30 each night I might be able to push that time back. I'm just trying to work up the nerve to do it cause I so hate disturbing a sleeping baby!

Kellxx- i don't know much about solids but if you were gonna do 2 feeds/day I'd prolly bring the cereal back to 10am just to spread them out.

Anna and Jodi- I've on occasion had a couple hours out between feeds but I end up worrying if she's getting hungry earlier and I'm not there and is she settling. I think now when i do go out for a night without her I'll prolly be stressing the whole time cause she's been attached to me for nearly 5 months!

rikki- Ashleigh settled well for me tonight so I'm hoping Ainsleigh will do the same for you!

Nessa83- 21st sounds good, I know you'll get to party hard! Do you mind me asking how old you are? Just wondering if you were a young mummy having friends turning 21.

frosty fruit maz.... that's not pg cravings is it!!!!

AF here (bugger) Rikki- id be craving cheese burgers...I cant wait for us all to be pg again. your such a lucky chicken Chrissy. And YES im jealous dmae it! PMSL
    shell - I did that with Vy and it settled her into a nice little routine. She's been asleep now since 7 and hopefully wont wake until 6 - 7am. Try it mate, what have you got to loose

Hi girls

Shell - we wake Julia up for her last feed of the day, we moved it from 10.30pm to 9pm or 8.30pm and she is fine... I would do it for sure...

Anna - hi mate, I shall be around most the week so sounds good to chat mate.

Kel - yay lets meet up... how does Castle Hill shopping centre sound to you, 1/2 way for both of us? Im in Chatswood.

Jodi - when Nina was teething what did you give her? Julia's so grumpy now, she wont accept boob at all and is so grizzly sigh.

Sorry for lack of personals.. must go to bed im knackered.

Ohhh went to see a movie - Little Children so freaky and creepy dont bother seeing it girls...suddering at the thought of the movie.

Maz - love your ticker! Wanted you to text it so I didnt have to write it down LOL damn oh well must go and write it down now LOL.

Bel
    xxx

shell - dreamfeeding: I agree with Maz, give it a go and see how she goes with it. Unfortunately with Nina it throws her routine out the window, so I just go along with whatever she wants. But I do know many people have success with it.
    With her waking at the same time each night, it could be that she's gotten herself into that habit? I believe from 6 months you can try and drop that feed. From what I've been told, when they wake at that time, try and settle them any other way without feeding them. But I think it's suggested to wait until 6 months before doing this ... someone correct me if I'm wrong. Nina wakes at 12.30 & 3.30 every night, so once she's 6 months I'm going to give it a go.
    I've been thinking about her not wanting to sleep at night, but sleeping ok during the day and have come up with this ...
    * nightlight. Does she have one on? If not maybe keep it on all night. She might not want to go to sleep at night cause she doesn't know where she is??
    * temperature. Is she too hot or too cold maybe? Although Nina can sleep without the a/c, she prefers to sleep snugged up under the blanket, so we have the a/c on for her.
    * Have you tried leaving your unwashed t-shirt on her cot mattress so she can smell you and think your close by?

umm ... can't think of anything else ATM. But too late. You've probably tried all of these. Can anyone else think of ideas?

maz - bugger!!! I've been thinking lots about having another and starting to really like the idea. Although I'm enjoying working ATM, can't see myself working for too long. I love being at home playing mum.

ETA:
    belle - we've had to resort to giving Nina panadol as the others just aren't working ATM.
    Last edited by Visitor7; February 11th, 2007 at 09:47 PM. Reason: belle

Shell we have benn giving Alexander a dreamfeed around 10.30 for the last couple of nights.. its the only way he slepps past 2am! eeck!

congratulations Chrissy!!!! such wonderful news, very exciting for you and tthe family.

sorry about the typos! i am eating a cholate heart icecream.. yummo.. from the 'ding ding' ice cream man that visited us yuesterday and i just 'had; to get some!!

**** just wasted some by dropping it on thg keyboard.. better clean it up

maz im tell u thiscause i care but it not a wise move to pot your home addy on a web forum at all. like the photo thing. you can yell at me if you want but im only tell you cause i love ya.

chrissy- wow what a shock lol. knew you were.

anna- yay on xander rolling.

kellxx- how did jesse go with his frist taste of food???

belle- how are you going??? would love to catch up with you soon on the phone.

nessa- sorry if i wasnt with when you popped round

hello to everyone else i missed.

night all

adele

belle and kell, since you guys are meeting up i might gate crash the meet up if thats ok,i know castle hill very well, i used to shop there when i lived out that way, tell me a time and place and i will be there!

have to go buy some more tests as i still am at a bit of a loss, i need to see the second line again........

anna just pm me your address and i will send you remaining tests ( thats if there is any )left)

MAz.. we have the Cornettos or Drumsticks.. not sure which one but it was goooooooood anyways! You can come have DH's share if you like.

Shellbell.. yeh its worth a try. We use to do something like that for Jess back in the days at around 9.30pm.. he'd always fall asleep during it or be asleep and it was hard to get him to drink but it did stop his early wake ups.. after he got into a routine of waking a little later (6am) i pushed that feed back earlier so now he feeds at 5.30pm and then tops up at 7.30pm just before he goes to bed. But he is bottlefed so i think that does make a little difference.. but give it a try hey.

Belle.. Castle Hill sounds good! When you wanna meet? Cant to Tomorrow and next week from Wednesday-Saturday.. any other day is fine (bar the weekend).. Mornings are usually better for us being Jess has started solids id like to be home for that, but if its not good for you we can work something out.
    Chrissy.. Yeh! for sure! Youre welcome to join us!!

LP.. mmm chocolate heart mmmm..
    Hey does anyone remember the icecream you used to be able to get that was like an icecream block with a layer of pink/strawberry marshmellow in it and was covered in chocolate? It didnt have a stick was just a rectanglular bar thing?

Adele.. He went better the second day.. the first day i think was just a shock lol (have a look at Jesse's website, theres pics from both days).. but yeh was fun.. im really excited about his solid feeds now.. was kinda scared and nervous before but yeh its good.

Well had a good night with Jess yay.. he seems back to his old self.. sleeping from 8pm until 6.30am without any 4am wake ups! When does daylight saving end does anyone know? Not looking forward to that now he's in a good routine!

Ok need some breaky, tummy is rumbling.

xx

Hey girls, my brain isn't really working, this is somewhat early for me, but I'm trying to be in an earlier to bed earlier to rise routine so yeah. I'm up. Went to bed at around 10pm and maybe got to sleep at 1. But I'm sure that will get better as I adjust.

I don't remember those ice creams Kell, sorry! I thought really hard about it too!

Chrissy - YAY that would be great to see you too! sorry we havent managed to get to Port Stephens, would love for you to join us.

Kell - sounds great, Tuesdays I have Mothers group so Monday would be the best day. I can meet up around 10.30am or 11am at the earliest as Julia wont feed in public bottle or breast so will need to feed her the 2nd BF before I come hope thats ok.

Jodi - think I will resort to panadol today...shes so grizzly... hopefully today is better than yesterday for her though.. shes always unsettled mondays for some reason.

going to have a shower and put bubba to bed back later for more personals.

Bel
    xxx

congrats Chrissy

merrie Guest

Wow it has been such a long time since I visited you all.

It seems like everyone is doing really well.

Congratulations on your pregnancy Chrissy. We are going to start trying again in a couple of months too. Hopefully it will come as quickly for us.

Harriet and I are doing really well and she is developing in leaps and bounds!

On friday she went for her first swim in the pool.

Cheers
    Merrie

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast