Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #3

hey girls.............i did it.............got a pic on my ticker...........i still must have a brain up there somewhere.........hehehe.......thanks for the advice

oh chrissy Caitlyn is absolutely beautiful. an absolutely great pic mate. Glad to see that you still do have that brain lol

chrissyT - i'd love to go with the Vyoletts flow but its harder when there's 2 other's that depend on you too. I was exactly like you when I had NIkolaus and I absolutely loved it. Just follow your nose mate and you'll be right. Have to ask you, do you still want to go back to work? I was dead set on going back when Nikolaus was 6 weeks old and the week I came home from hospital, I rang my boss and resigned. Being a mummy is my job now and I couldn't get paid any better than with hugs, kisses and unconditional love.
    hOpe youre all doing well, having a $hit hot day. Have to get bath stuff ready for my 4.30 rush. Sweet dreams chick's
    xxmaz

Nina has started her 'witching hour' and I'm stuffed already. Haven't had a nanna nap today ... and Heath has to go to footy tonight, guess it'll be a tiring night for me

Aw Jodi, hope it all goes well for you, hope Nina is suddenly inspired to sleep for a few hours straight.
    Oh and that's a good point about cluster feeds.

Do you guys wait til they cry to feed them, or do you initiate it, or just wait til they are looking around for food? When do you decide to feed?

After my last exhausted post, I must have pretty much fallen straight asleep, and next thing I know, Rans is bringing him in to me at 5am! And then I fed and slept til after 9, so if things go a bit ugly tonight, I will have some hope that it will be followed by some nice long sleeps. He is starting to go 4 hrs between, but I suppose I'd better not look too hard for routine in a 5 day old!

As for my pain, I think it's the grazing that's stinging and hurting more than the stitches, so hopefully that's a sign it's healing?

Better cut this short, baby crying.

Do you guys wait til they cry to feed them, or do you initiate it, or just wait til they are looking around for food? When do you decide to feed?
    Xander pretty much lets us know when he is hungry... he starts sucking through your shirt tryign to break into the boobies! He hasn't figured out yet tho that men and most other women do not have milk. lol. If I don't feed him when he starts 'rooting' for food, then he will very quickly start screaming and then he is very hard to attach and sucks too hard (ouch). I tried the whole 3 hourly feeding routine thing, it isn't for us and I just ended up in tears, but have heard it works well for others.

I demand feed with Nina, and it works well for us. Nina will let me know when she's hungry by rooting and/or sucking on her fingers/clothes/blanket, and she also does it with anyone!!

I have had such a **** day and night so far.Ruby just whinging and crying and wont settle.This morning she was awake for 4hrs and now this arvo,same thing.Ive tried everything.Im sure its wind.
    She will quieten for a short time if i rock the bassinet but im tired!!!! I hope she behaves in the nite.

skorpy Guest

Hi guys
    I demand feed Kai,Night times are a nightmare at the moment though,Went to bed lastnight at 11.45pm after feeding Kai.I was then up with him for a feed at 2.20am and after the feed I put him back in his cot and got back into bed myself and he decided to fill his nappy.Strained for half an hour,so I knew I couldnt go to sleep untill he finished so I could change his nappie.Changed him and put him back in his cot and he didnt want to go back to sleep,so I had to give him another ounce or 2 of milk and by the time I got him back off to sleep it was 4.05am. Today I feel completely shattered.

Kai was born 14th sept 06,
    weighed 3360g (7lb 7oz) ..... Length 52cm....Head Circ 34cm

Hi All

Hope all are well

My routine : i dont have one!!!! And i wish everyone would stop telling me to get one.. where from Target?? Are they on special this week>>> Can someone tell my son!! Ok rant over - thanks for listening !

Alexander will sleep all day if i let him.. He is so lazy so under advise from the clinic nurse i am waking him every 3 hours during the day for a feed to help with my milk supply .. If i dont wake him he has gone for 6 hours without a feed and then at night has decided that he likes to nibble every 2 or so hours.. So my me waking him for a feed during the day he gets more food and is more settled of a night.. i am trying to get him to go 4-5 hours like he did last week!

Caddie - i hope Ruby is more settled for you tonight..
    AnnaT - Your Alexander is so cute, love his updated pictures
    MAz - do you think you are getting your periods back..

And for everyone..what are you going to do about birth control?? i dont see my Ob for another couple of weeks but i am trying to think about what we are going to do.. We didnt use anything after having Olivia as we wre happy to fall pregnant and it took almost 2 years to fall anyway! Maybe would could just do quick draw! only i am not ready for my 3rd child just yet!

Oh LittleP, I am longing for some sort of routine, I just like to know what to expect!
    As for birth control, before this I was on the pill and hadn't realised how much it had killed my sex drive til I decided to take a break (hence River ). So never again for the pill!
    So I think I will be stuck for options too...not the biggest fan of condoms...hmm.

Oh Skorpy & Caddie, hope your bubbas are good for you tonight! Wonder what River will be like tonight...I can hear him fussing in his sleep, we'll see if he stays asleep or if it progresses to 'feedmefeedme'..

He is filling his nappy during feeds, so I'm changing him afterwards, which wakes him up Reckon I should offer more booby to settle him afterwards? How exhausting is feeding?!

Thanks for that about the demand feeding girls! Another question!!
    What do you do re: sides? Wait til they're done with one and then offer the other? I was planning on that, but often he falls asleep after a feed! So then I'm not sure what side to offer next time...I know it's early days yet, and perhaps we'll establish more of a pattern, but I'm curious to know what you guys do with your bubbas

By the way, your Frosty Fruit comment made me smile Maz, that would feel so nice, til I realised how sticky I was! Think I'll stick to eating them..

Hope everyone's doing well, we can hang in there girls! I love reading how some of you with older babies are doing, gives me hope that this won't kill me. xo

Nelle - re swapping sides... if River fills his nappy during feeds, try changing his nsppy before swapping t the other boobie, that way he is awake again

Morning girls, 5am here just waiting for Julia to settle to sleep before I go back to sleep. I didnt come on yesterday had a crap day too, she didnt settle twice for 4-5 hours yesterday.. She wouldnt sleep though. I hope Julia grows out of the 2 x 5 hour non settled periods throughout the day and then last night had a huge arguement with DH, I wrote a post in relationships if anyone wants to see.

Nelle - my lactation consultant told me to wait until they are done with one breast then offer the other one for dessert LOL. Usually Julia takes one for 30mins (shes a slow feeder) and other for about 15-20mins.

Caddie - big hugs mate, I know how you feel re Ruby not settling... we tried so many things yesterday you never guess what settled her from not crying, lying in her rocker looking at our bookcase, must be the colours of the books? I dont know LOL.

LittleP - hello! we used to be routine feeding every 4 hours, but it seems now that we are every 2-3 hours now, shes more hungry so I have decided to demand feed her instead as her weight is very important as she is below average at the moment, fingers crossed at her next appointment on Wed when she is weighed she has improved heaps.

Maz - thanks so much for your support mate, I really appreciate it, do you think that your periods are coming back? was going to ask you anyway when you have a c/s when do they come back? man im not looking forward to getting them again I can assure you!

Skorpy - good to see you! wow at your long feeding session and settling you must be shattered.. hope you can get some sleep. Hugs to you.

Jodi - Nina is so cute love her pics. Julia sucks everything when shes hungry too her hands, arm, wrap and when she was on DH's chest the other day she went for his nipples LOL it was so funny I couldnt stop laughing!

Chrissy - I love your new ticker and pic! its great. Caitlyn is such a sweetie! How you doing?

ChrissyT - wow I have a daytime waker and nighttime sleeper. I hope you get some sleep during the day hon. Its great that bathtime settles her, bathtime doesnt really settle Julia at all.

Mel - thats great you are catching up on your sleep I wish I could, I feel I never have enough. Maybe today I can catchup.

AnnaT - how you doing?

Anna** - sent you email hon, will call you today sorry didnt get around to it yesterday after all my drama's hope you are doing well.

Back to bed for me now girls, any news on Merrie? Who was she going to SMS?

Chat to you later.

Bel
    xxx

Ah for some reason my little monkey has decided not to settle this morning. Its 3:30am and he is wide awake after a feed. I have been using wind drops which have made all the difference in his fussing when feeding but we still have our moments.

nelle - when Nina fills her nappy during a feed, I stop her, change her, then put her back to the breast. She hates a dirty nappy and won't feed until it's off!! Not sure if it'll work for you, but does for us.
    re: changing sides - Nina will feed for about 15-20 min one on side and will completely drain that, I then burp her and offer the second side. Very rarely will she take the other side, and if she does, then it's like dessert, as Belle said! Nina was a very sleepy baby in the first 3 weeks, but if she was hungry she'd let me know. Then after 3 weeks, she 'woke up' and hardly sleeps at all during the day.
    And yes, it does get better!

little*princess - I went on the mini pill last week, although I'm hopeless when it comes to remembering to take them and keep forgetting! Before that we weren't using anything.

caddie & skorpy - hope things settled down for you guys and you got some rest.

Not much happening this side of the world with us ... Nina is feeding much more during the day, still have my fingers crossed she'll start sleeping through the night soon. Have a good day girls, and babies, be good to your mothers!

nothing from Merrie yet? Was she being induced?

I hope Merrie is ok... no one seems to have heard from her?

Last night Xander decided that 2 hourly feeds throughout the night would be a good idea, and that was after he went on a cluster feeding frenzy early in the evening! He better be having a BIG growth spurt with all this food! I'm so tired this morning tho, be sooo nice if babies had an 'off' switch (or do they and I haven't found it? and hints where to find it girls?)

AnnaT - Glad to hear things seem to be going a bit better for you now!

Belle - I wish Xander slept after 5am! LOL.. he wakes up at 4.30am ready to start his day! I've just been going to bed earlier so that I can be half human at that time of the morning. Be nice to catch up with you, I'm off to see the CHN this morning to get bubs weighed!

Chrissy - Love the new ticker pic!

LP - I just about pee'd myself laughing (hmmm, pelvic floor exercises girls!) when I read about buying a routine at good ol Target! How nice would that be!!!

Nelle - How are you going with modern cloth?

Well, better head off and get the little man bathed and dressed for his check-up this morning... oh lordy, he's whinging for food AGAIN! yikes kiddo... gimme a break.

Dont worry anna,ruby was grizzly from 4am to 6am.She then went and had a sleep and then my 22month old decided it was time for me to get up.I cant win either way.
    Looks like a crappola day in perth,well in safteybay anyway as its windy and cold looking.
    I have put a curry in the slow cooker too.
    I havnt managed to use cloth nappies yet as ruby is too small!

I havnt managed to use cloth nappies yet as ruby is too small!
    You can easily use prefolds on a small bubba if you wanted to started using cloth already... what are you planning on using? Flats or modern cloth?
    Last edited by Anna**; October 3rd, 2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typos!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast