Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #3

Default Babies Born September 2006 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

September '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Rikki
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 1 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3.3 kilos 7 lb 6 / Length -51cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Ainsleigh Ann
    Baby's Website: http://www.babysites.com/sites/babypassi/
    Health Concerns: Gestational Diabetes so had to have an elective caesarean at 38 1/2 weeks.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Forum Name: aboll
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 24 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Riley
    Baby's Website:

Health Concerns: None
    Notes: My pregnancy was induced at 40.4 weeks and 4hrs and 44min later riley was welcomed into the world! So far Riley is an angel he doesnt cry very much and is sleepy really well.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Forum Name: Nelle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: September 27th
    Baby's Stats: weight 9lb 4oz, length 52cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: River Jude
    Baby's Website: check my profile, if I ever get around to it.
    Health Concerns: often in danger of being thrown out a window...may be addicted to fists.
    Notes: 11hr labour on due date, drug free waterbirth, had 2nd degree tears and during the stitches had gas...which made me feel like I was in a Chemical Brothers song...so cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Trillian; October 1st, 2006 at 03:57 PM.

Your old thread can be found HERE

Hello girls.Ruby is still at the hospital.We have to wait for a couple of tests to come back.I learnt baby cpr whilst there.They do think she has had some sort of funny turn.Dont know if it was a fit or apnoea.They are just doing all the precautions.She has 2 lovely students checking her constantly and giving cuddles.I spent the am with her and now come home to put the older one to bed and then i will go back to pick her up hopefully.This hospital is 1/2 hr away too which is abit of a pain.
    She had an elevated temp yesterday so they also want to rule out any infections.
    I cant wait till the crazyness goes!

oh caddie, so sorry to hear about Ruby. Fingers crossed they can work out what has caused it and can treat it.

Nina is still asleep, thank god ... must be waking soon cause my boobs are getting big, hard and sore! It's been almost 4 hours since she went to sleep, she must have been so tired the poor little thing.

Can't remember what everyone else was talking about in the last thread ... have a good weekend all

That's a good point about his stomach size Charli, thanks

That's good that Ruby has lovely people caring for her Caddie, it's lovely when other people treat your baby special, even if they see lots of them, I reckon.

Well. A lovely childhood friend who has a 6 week old dropped in with her 'survival kit'. With clothes and lansinoh and that colic stuff and her masseur's phone number and a few other things, was lovely of her. I was actually really encouraged just to see someone with a 6 week old alive and well! I might make it

Though I am a bit discouraged. Started to work through the nipple issues, and then had big soreness from the grazing and stitches. So remembered the ice and that's better. Now I have a bladder infection, which is just SO uncomfortable and making me miserable. Drinking a glass of ural now, and mum's bringing over the cranberry juice. It's just one thing after another, isn't it...sigh. Hopefully I can get over this quickly!!

The bub is crying while Rans is changing a nappy, but considering he went down at 3:30ish, I'm not complaining I'm starting to get the hang of it, or at least learning to laugh at his hysterical cries.

Oh Belle & Jodi, 4 hrs between feeds sounds nice! I'll get there yet...

Take care, everyone else, sorry this has been a bit me-centred, this bladder infection has me a bit grotty though... xo

Hello ladies!
    We are home so I thought I'd hop on here and catch up with you guys!
    Jett arrived after a speedy and easy 3 hour labour, no tearing and just gas for pain relief (all it did was make my face numb lol) We are very in love and he is a relatively easy baby. The breastfeeding started out a bit dodgy but we're doing ok now.
    Some piccies are uploaded on my webpage!
    oops bub wants feeding back later

Forum Name: aboll
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 24 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Riley
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: My pregnancy was induced at 40.4 weeks and 4hrs and 44min later riley was welcomed into the world! So far Riley is an angel he doesnt cry very much and is sleepy really well.

hey girls, im back now.sorry it took me so long to get back online.
    well im in a routine now thank goodness simon has been a great help by getting up and down for him in the middle of the night and letting me sleep. i feel bad at the moment cause he has a sore back from sitting funny in the chair to feed riley. but he doesnt care.
    the nurse came out to see riley today and he has gained 240 grams in 5 days so that is really good they tell me as he never lost any.

glad to hear everyone is hanging in there. keep it up girls.

i will try and get on here as much as i can.

later girls

Adele

Congrats annat well done on an easy labour.

Yay AnnaT!!!! They let you out! woo hoo.

Nelle - Before my milk came in I pretty much had Xander on the boob whenever he even looked at my boob... was told that it is a really great way to get a good supply. Now I almost have too much milk, so will probably donate some to the milk bank. Xander feeds on demand which is roughly 2-3 hourly during the day, but 2-4 hourly at night.

Hi girls,no baby for me.I had to leave her there again.I begged but to no avail. 1 more nite of monitoring and then she should come home but with a special monitor to make sure she doesnt stop breathing again.I feel sick with stress.Because i feel guilty with her on her own but my millana nees me too as she has the gastro bug but i noticed an improvement today.
    I have all read your posts and concerns and will do personals when everything gets better.

Oh Caddie, Im so sorry for you, hun. That must be absolutely horrible. I dont know how you're coping. If theres anything i can do just let me know. A positive though is that you'll have the monitor when she does come home so you'll be able to worry less. How is Millana? I hope she's feeling better.

I just feel so bad for you. Please don't feel guilty - the nurses will look after her. You should take this opoportunity to have a good rest and catch up on some sleep.

Hi ladies....sorry to be MIA, reading lots, but posting little.

Caddie - sorry to hear bubs isnt at home with you

OK here are my stats:

Forum Name: ChrissyT
    Baby's DOB: 19 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 10oz - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Paige Elaine
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: My pregnancy was induced at 40.2 weeks and my labour was 9hrs long.

My stats.
    Forum Name: AnnaT
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 26th Sept
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 8oz Length - 48cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Jett Ryan Andrew
    Baby's Website: http://www.babycrowd.com/jr/online/annalou/welcome.html
    Notes: Labour induced with syntocin/ARM due to high bp, 3 hours long, no drugs or tearing.

My stats!
    Forum name:Caddie
    State:WA
    Baby's DOB:8th sept 2006
    Statistics:length 46cm,head 32cm and weight 2430g
    Name:Ruby Grace
    Health Concerns:Small for dates and episode of baby not breathing.(currently being investigated.)
    Notes:Induced 38weeks due to growth retardation of baby,A more pleasent birth experience than my first,so im happy bout that!

Heres my stats:
    Forum name: *Belle*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB:15th sept 2006
    Statistics:length 52cm,head 35cm and weight 3390g
    Name: Julia Zora
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:Induced at 41 weeks 36 hours of labour and emergency c/s

Hi girls

Well I had a good morning yesterday but let me say the afternoon and last night was crapola. Had Jeffrey's cousin's wife over we get on really well and had a great time she is one of her godparents and so his her hubby (Jeffrey's cousin). Got her settled after she left which was great but she only slept 3 hours then has been up since 5pm 10pm. Seems this is her normal awake time no sleepies at all, I have fed her on the boob 4 times time... sigh, im exausted to top that off I have the worst headache, not sure if a tooth is playing up or what I must have grinded my teeth in sleep last night.

Hands up who is getting all the bills? so far we have 1 anethetist bill, 1 Paediatrican bill and OMG I just got my OB bill for complicated labour, and I nearly fell to the floor with the cost thank god we can claim back from both medicare and MBF.

Caddie - mate Im thinking of you so much and im so sorry that Ruby isnt home with you now and the tests come back fine. I can only imagine your anxiousness right now..

Adele - MATE!!! so happy to have you back! sorry I missed you on MSN, I have been feeding Julia for 2 hours non stop and finally have a 5min breather now as Jeffrey is home and Im going to sleep on the couch, will let you know when Im back online.

AnnaT - Welcome back!! what a great labour! I will not scare you with my story, I posted a short version of my birth story on another website and scared the crap outta them.

Nelle - what a lovely friend with a survival kit, wow I would love a massage right now and a pedicure, was just trying to figure out how to get to the next suburb to have one as I cant drive due to the c-section, guess Taxi will have to do.

Charli - seems like im becoming more of a demand feeder for Julia to settle her, do you think she will come to expect it? ohh who knows..hows Ambah she is so cute!

Jodi - thats great Nina is asleep you can get some good old rest except the boobs of course... I posted last on the last thread and no one seems to have noticed my post sigh.. it happens when you post last! I wish our thread was just continuous!

Anna** - hello mate, missed you again! will give you a call this weekend, much easier !!

ChrissyT - how you going settling in at home? how is beauitful Paige?

Girls please send your prayers to Helen and Eithan and family.. Im going to call her tomorrow to see how they are doing will update you.

Bel
    xxx

My Stats:
    Forum name: jodi_lee
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB:20 Aug 2006
    Statistics:length 49cm, head 33.5cm and weight 2890g
    Name: Nina Mae
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:Induced at 38 weeks due to waters breaking but labour not starting, had high b/p & was impatient

OMG what a dreadful 24 hours I've had. As you are all aware I have a pretty content baby, awake during the day for shopping or playing and sleeping at night. But yesterday was just awful. I'm sure the girl has PMS! First she had a face full of pimples last week as if she'd just hit puberty, then yesterday she was really cranky and NOTHING would settle her. Not even the boob!!! She just winged and winged and winged. I finally got her to sleep at 9.30 last night (which is late for us) and now she seems to be back to normal. I was really considering throwing her out the window as others have said, but we've got security screens!
    We're going over to friends' this afternoon to watch the AFL final so fingers crossed she's on her best behaviour.
    I've noticed that most you girls are either in WA, NSW or VIC...any in Qld??? And where? or am I the only loner in Qld

Heres my stats:
    Forum name: Shellbell
    Baby's DOB:18th Sept 2006
    Statistics:length 50.5cm,head 36cm and weight 3.37kg (7lb 7oz)
    Name: Ashleigh Ann Julia
    Notes: 5 days late and a 20+ hour labour, episotomy and vacuum extraction.

Ashleigh was great for me last night, woke just over 4 hourly, made a huge difference to how I feel this morn cause it ended up as one less feed in the night. She was feeding quite often yesterday. Roughly 2 and half hourly so she can keep that up in the day if it means more sleep at night!

caddie- thinking of you and little Ruby. have they said anything yet on what they might think the problem is?

shellbell great that Ashleigh was good last night.

Charli - my family are from Bundy. I live there for a little bit

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast