Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #41

Heys girls.

AnnaT - Love ya hon, but I am biting my tongue re feeding a little bubba chocolate. Glad you had a great Easter tho.

HelenP - Xander still isn't sleeping through either, he still wakes a few times throughout the night for a bit of a top up feed.

Sharleen - Love the new av.

Nessa - You feeling better now?

Jodi/Rikki and anyone else with sick bubbas... I hope they get better really soon. Xander is all snotty too.

Caddie - Do you think Ruby might be getting a toothy peg? How is she today?

Shell - Sending you a huge WOOOOO HOOOOO on Ash getting a good long sleep. I've got everything crossed that this is a sign of things to come.

Bugger... Xander is awake. BBL to finish.

hi ya girls
    hope you all had a great easter, mines been one fluff up after the other.
    VERY SELF MOTIVATED POSTED COMING!!!!
    My aircondition broke and is gonna cost $200 to fix, that was thursday,
    friday was ok,
    saturday - was in Spotlight and discovered that NIkolaus has nits!!! AHHHH get home and realise that Wilhelm has them. NEver before have my boys had them!
    Sunday - Jed informs me he left his car keys on the back of the 4x4 after I had driven around town with it. By by keys - $60 just for new key and then all the others (house and front gate) spare key at my mum's buut she's in SA until the end of the month!! ARHHHHH
    On a lighter note - thank you al for your sugestions with Wilhelm and his monster. I changed his room around and now spray under the bed and in the cupboard with a air freshner that smells like blueberries. He loves it and has stayed in his bed for the last 2 nights!!! Thank you all.
    AnnaT - im the same with feeding Vy, she eats half a weetbix with milk for breaky, fruit or custard for lunch and whatever we're eating for eat.
    Last night she ate 1/4 of a rockmelon, some lamb chop and some of that yummy salad that Nelle taught me to make. She's also trying to drink out of a normal cup which looks so funny cause she ends up spilling the water down her chest and freaks out.
    she babbles continuously now - Mama, dada, bubba, yum, ahhh and no (maybe I say this to much PMSL) Ive also moticed that she's coping better with me dressing her, were usually she'd scream the house down.
    Any way, I'll attempt to get back later - have to shower and get started outside again.
    Have a wonderful day all
    xxmaz
    oh Sharleen - why did you get a new AV? you big tittied mumma (as Jed would say)

anna,you r so correct.Found another tooth last night.She had me up and down like a yoyo and the poor thing was just moaning half the time.I ended up giving her this gel i forgot i had and bingo back to sleep.
    Maz,that does sound eventful week.Nits what a bugger!!
    Annat: jett is such a strong boy by the sounds of it.He will be walking soon and then you will be chasing him round town.
    Sharleen,lov the av! Cool boobies.I should get some on mine since i have none!!
    Easter,millana had lots of choccy,ruby got a chook that squeeks and a big elephant from MIL that has huge crinkly ears.So cute.I dont give ruby choccy yet due to peanut allergy thing.Maybe in a couple of months.
    Ok gotta go and clean.Friends comin over!

Sorry to be all about me, but
    I just fainted and passed out. Leith's at work, so mum is coming over to help with the kids.

BBL to let you know how I am feeling.

Love

:hugs:Helen hope your ok, are you going to try and get to a dr ?? glad ya mum can come over

we had a very quiet easter here... definately no chocolate for ainsleigh (and none for me either ) sam is still away, so we had a pj day at home. think ainsleigh needs it with her cold. maybe xander and her swapped germs anna!

while i think of it nelle.... meatballs recipe
    500g mince
    1 onion chopped
    1 egg lightly beaten
    1 tblspn garam marsala
    1/4 cup breadcrumbs
    salt and pepper
    plain flour
    1 tin tomato soup
    125g light philly softenend (i use the whole block, extra creamy yummmm)
    low fat milk
    spiral pasta to serve

* Combine mince, onion, egg, garam marsala, s and p, and breadcrumbs. Roll into meatballs. Coat in flour and fry in olive oil till cooked. Set aside in warm oven

* Combine philly cheese and milk using slender blender. Continue adding milk until you have a smooth pourable paste (not too runny)

* In meatball pan, add soup and bring to the boil. Add philly mix while stirring. Return meatballs to the pan.

* Serve with spiral pasta and greens. YUMMMMMMY

Ains still has a nasty cough, so another quiet day here.
    Sorry to hear about your crapola weekend Maz... hope your week improves.
    Kell - Ainsleigh is eating a lot more just this week.... nearly a cup of food per meal. She has rice cereal and fruit for bfast, yoghurt and fruit or veges for lunch, and beef or chicken and veges for dinner. Occassionally she has some vegemite toast or sandwich too. Now that she is over seven months we will start to introduce some pasta and a bit of variety in to her meals. I am trying to 'chunkify' it too, but bit worried with meat. Not stressed about fruit and veg though, just mash those (but lot harder to freeze in icecubes when they aren't pureed.

Ok, blame Nelle for me typing out that recipe as Ains is starting to squawk so don't have time for more personals! Have a good day, especially if your hubby/partner is home. xx

ETA Helen, hope you're ok. Glad you have your Mum coming over. Let us know how you are (when you're better of course). Very scary with two kids at home. xxx

Oh no Helen, I hope your okay! You been eating and drinking enough? You prolly run down and over tired, hope you feeling better.

caddie- These toothy pegs are a nightmare aren't they, I wonder if Ash has another trying to come thru, few bumps in her mouth.

maz- Must be the time for nits, my nephew just had a headful so then I was checking me and Ash out cause we'd been around him. Glad to hear you're keeping that monster away and Wilhelm is sleeping better.

Anna**- I'm hoping too its a sign of things to come, shes been strtching out her sleeps lately longer than 3 hourly which is great.

Kellxx- I don't think Ashleigh will be on chunkier stuff for awhile yet, she still only like everything pureed and warm, thats only how she'll take anything. I think sometimes she's still bit sus of the solids, still much prefers her booby juice.

AnnaT- Wow, Jett really does sound like hes developing in leaps and bounds!

Jodi- Lol! You dag, been hanging out in the old thread! Hows Nina's cold today?

*Nessa*- I can't remember the last time I even drank! Glad you had a good night though. I reakon next time I drink it'll take 2 glasses and I'll be smashed.

Rach75- yay on going to be an aunt again. How exciting.

Rikki- How is Ainsleigh going? Seems to be the time for colds at the moment, sounds like a few sick bubs in here.

Sharleen- Lol, love the cleavage, I say if you've got it flaunt it!

Well I had a nice easter yesterday, mum, my sister and nephew came over, had a great day, very tiring though. Had a shocker night last night, first Ash took 2 hours to settle, ? teeth, who knows, gave bonjella twice, couple boobies, lots cuddles she finally fell asleep and was alright after that. But me, I woke at 12:30 to feed her then just could not sleep! Finally got to sleep bout 3ish then up again at 5 to feed Ash so feeling bit zombie like this morning! I hate not being able to sleep cause don't get all that much time to do it!

ETA: Yum I think I'll be trying out that recipe. Might make tonight. I'll just tell Df to pick up few items on his way home from the gym.
    Last edited by shellbell3; April 9th, 2007 at 10:39 AM.

Rikki - Thanks for putting up that recipe, I'll be making that for my hubby as I know he'll love it! I did warn Xander about "Girls Germs", but he didn't listen to his mummy and went right ahead and shared dribble with Ains anyway

Caddie - Congrats on the little toothy peg, which one came through?

Helen - Please update us once you are ok again. Maybe your blood pressure is too low and you've been overdoing it? I get faint feelings quite a bit, I think the boobie feeding really takes it out of you. We're thinking of you.

Kell - Xander has upped his intake of solids just recently as well. My health nurse (and lactation consultant) said that to let them eat until they have had enough at this age- they have a really good "full" instinct and we need to trust it. Xander is on half mashed foods and half finger foods, but he is a bit older. He's only just started on meat this week, mainly well cooked lean mince (chicken, lamb, beef), but is happy to eat finely diced stuff too. He's not overly impressed with meat, much preferring vegies, cheese and lentils.

Maz - Car keys are so expensive aren't they? I can't believe you still need a/c this time of year... yuck. It was 10 degrees here overnight, bloody freezing! Bet Vy looks so funny drinking out of a normal cup, I love how half the face disappears behind the cup when they drink. Even the mention of the word nits has me scratching my head.

On the subject of car keys girls... just thought I'd mention that if any of you currently let your bubs suck/chew/play with your keys and you have a newish car... just be warned that those immobiliser ignition keys will cost the best part of $200 if bubs damages them! Only mentioned it cos I often see bubbas playing with keys in the shops.

Its her bottom left tooth now so she has 2! I cant believe ains has 4! Her mouth would have been so sore.
    Sounds nice having a pj day rikki.Hlaf a day is all i manage and its usually when i do house work!
    Helenp! Hope you ok.Sounds scary.Lucky you didnt knock yourself out! Lucky your mum is coming to help.You r probably run down and low in iron.
    Anna? hows xander.Did u look up the shopping thing for wa! Its capeesh.I get work form them all the time.
    Neesa,wow im suprised you wernt legless! or were you(LOL) I am feeling ok.Some days i get abit ****ty and down as i dont have no me time at all but usually a ph call from mum and dad and a chat to my sis helps!
    Chrissy? how are you and i need to send the video and dvd back to you mate.Pm me your address.
    Maz,car keys sound expensive.Your having a bad trot hey? Or just extra work for you anyway! Hopefully it will change and something good happens!
    Anna what lentils you buy? canned or dried that you soak? What u do with them? Ta

Caddie - I've signed up for Capeesh, so will just wait and see, so far nothing is up. I'm feeding Xander red lentils, I just mix them in when I cook up his vegies (sort of a lentil/vegie casserole) and I don't soak them first - by the time the casserole is finished, the lentils are cooked through and broken up.

Ness - Will have a think about an 18th cake.

Just quickies cause I naughty little girl just wont settle!!!! I hope that this means there will be teeth some day soon!
    Anna - honey I'll be sending that bib to you soon.
    Nessa - You party animal!!!!! You go with your bad self PMSL
    Shell - it sounded like you had a great easter. Im VERY jealous
    Caddie - we did the same - no choc here for Vy - just a fluffy bunny she can droll all over and try to eat
    Helen - $hit are you ok? Are you drinking enough water?
    Rikki - I hope Ains gets better soon. Must add, she is on gorgeous little lamb. I could eat her.
    Im getting a wisedom tooth (just another [email protected] thing to the list)
    PLease....someone shoot me!

caddie... did you get my email?

i might have to give those lentils a try anna.

maz, i think she's pretty adorable too... and so is vy! i have vy's photo up next to the puter so i see her gorgeous smile everytime i am online.

thanks for the well wishes for ainsleigh, poor little thing has a nasty cough. hope she is better soon

Girls!! Great to hear how you're all going!

Helen? Hope you're okay sugar, keep us posted! I will shoot up a quick prayer for you.

But only a quick one, cos I have to have a shower and do some washing and Rans has gone out to get the KFC boneless pack for a lunch/picnic treat but said I can't have any if I haven't done some work!!! Bossy man that he is.

But I will pop in later to get up close and personal with you and oooer River has inched his way towards a cord coming out of the stereo...unfortunately he's fascinated with cords and also unfortunately they have electricity in them. Better go!

Ok.. maybe i should try some chunkier stuff with Jess.. im just so freaked out by the whole food thing, i dont know where to start .. Maybe might get the jar stuff 7-9 monthers to start as id have no idea what chunky i could give him. What chunkier stuff did you guys give first?

Im too frazzled atm to do personals sorry...

I know Kell. It's totally confusing for me too! Just gonna stick with pureed stuff for longer til another month then reassess.

I just went chunky with millana by following what was in those jars.Rice,noodles,peas,small dice carrots.Hope this helps.What did u do maz?

Just quickly, thank-you all so much for your thoughts and prayer(thanks Nelle).
    I am still feeling awful, I think you are all right re lbp and run down etc. I will be going to dr tomorrow. I still have a headache. My sis brought her bp machine around and mine was 92/55.

Better go.

Love

look after yourself helen... we're all thinking of you. was going to suggest a hot bath but that would probably make you more light headed!!!

with the food, i just mash it with a fork rather than blend it.... hope that helps

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast