Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #5

Welcome to Laurin and Meagan.

Adele - Samuel was 3820g when born so was already a good weight to start with. I can tell he is going to show another big weight gain on Thursday because he has already grown out of 0000 grow suits and is quickly filling out the 000.

Samuel had a bit of an unsettled night up until midnight last night and then slept until 4. Was up again at 6 though and starving hungry again. I think it was due to the fact that he slept for 6 hours yesterday during the day. I knew it was going to come back and bite me.

Labradors are gorgeous! I have 2 purebred border collies.

Welcome Laurin and Meagan to our little (but big) group.

Laurin, Nina has been going through the witching hour from 5pm to 9pm for a few weeks now. Except this week has changed and she's a lot more settled at night, going to sleep at around 7.30'ish!!

All is going well with us, Nina sleeping around 11 hours at night with one feed in between ... can't complain with that. She's cranky at the moment cause I've left her in her cot, so better go and attend to her, again!

Welcome laurin and meaghan!
    Pip i went shopping and ruby slept fpr 6hrs too and this morning was a nightmare.She woke at 1am for a feed and i got back to be at 230am.At 4am wanted another feed and cried and had farts/wind until now at 8am still awake and wont let me put her down.
    I gave her some braurs colic which helped with farts.
    I have an appoint. with child nurse at 10am,we can see how much fat shes put on!

Morning ladies!
    ChrissyT - I do have piccies of Mama and Papa on my webpage if you go to page 3 or so of the pics but none of the pups yet. Will take some today! Also have piccy of one of their previous pups (a BB'er owns her) on my webpage if you want to take a look!

Ugh last night was a beetch Jett decided 2 hourly feeds were the go so I am super knackered today. He wouldnt settle anywhere other than my arms so I slept with him like that most of the night. Should have clued in the weather was windy and rainy seeing as he was being a turd!
    Last edited by Freya; October 11th, 2006 at 10:55 AM.

Charlie, just had a look at the pics and they're gorgeous!! Comparing Ambah to Nina, Ambah looks twice the size, Nina is so small!

just thought i'd stick my @r$e in here before you all forget what it looks like (hehehe)
    totally over today. Vyolett's been a dream but Wilhelm is in a bartch of a mood. We had his first appointment to help get his assesment for his autisum. An hour and a half later and the ladie tells me its best he comes back tomorrow for the last half hour of it cause he was climbing the walls. Its so bloody draining and tormenting to watch your child be so upset and know you cant help them. I have te biggest headache now.
    Vyolett is a bottle Bartch - 160ml a feed every 4 hours throught the day and 6 hours through the night. Chrissy she's asleep on her tummy now. Its the only way I can settle her some days and I hear you about the whole, side back and tummy sids thing. I had to put Nikolaus on his side, then when I had Wilhelm it was his back. I wish they would make up their minds, it hurts my head to much:eek:
    Ive been waking up through the night to feed Vyolett and as soon as I get out of bed, I get the worst dizzy spells I have to lay back down again. Its only after Ive been asleep or resting for ages. Is anyone else having this prob? Its that bad I feel like im drunk. Just chop my head off then I'll be right
    best be going to hang washing up.
    xxmaz
    Oh Nelle - i'd say the tree option. Nothing better than nature

hi all

horrid night,,, thank god DD is at day care today.. i have been to the shops and could not find any shoes for the christening on Sunday and i had my waxing done .. so at least i look human even though i dont feel it!

Going to feed to monster and then have a sleep xoxo

HELP! Ruby has not slept since 6am,she wont settle and friggin millana is a turd head.Its now 1145am.I am going nuts.The nurse appoint. is tommorow.Got my dates wrong.I have been up the shop and got more diffferent teats and bottles,infacol too.
    She is in my arms hiccuping and burping.At least mum is cooking dinner tonight.

Oh no Caddie! River was like that yesterday and the day before, but take heart - he slept for 6 hours last night! So perhaps tonight will be a good night for you..
    Trust, because Randall has today off, it was his turn to get up to River during the night and he didn't even need to til 6am

Took Riv to the MCHN today, he's put on 150g in a week which is nice.

What breast pumps do you guys use, if you use one? After Riv's 6.5hrs between feeds, my boobs still feel ready to burst! Although he's having a whinge now, so I might get to empty them some more...but yeah, what brand do you use?

Ooh Maz, what are your iron levels like? That could cause dizzyness...Are you drinking enough?

Well, going to do some washing stuff...I think I can smell poo...Ran's job I think

nelle, I use the Avent manual breast pump. It's done the job for me.
    Well done River on your wait gain mate!!

I'm still struggling to get Nina to go to sleep in her cot, any ideas?

Hi girls,

I am very upset at the moment I took Julia to the early childhood centre today and she hasnt gained any weight in the whole week, my breastfeeding is fine, I have no answers I just want to cry. Has this happened to anyone else? will be grateful for all your advice.

Bel
    xxx

I also have the Avent Manual Breast Pump and think it is just great. I'm going to try and hold out until six weeks before I start expressing though because I want my milk supply to adjust itself and get feeding well established before I mess with it. I did express a little bit the other night though when Samuel decided to go 8 hours overnight and I thought I would explode.

Yeah Pip, that's what I want it for, I am so average at hand expressing, and I want it for when I need some relief and to help get rid of any lumps.

Aww Belle, perhaps Julia's just having a wierd week? As long as she's feeding well and wetting nappies I reckon she'll be okay...maybe just see what her weight's like next week? Were the centre concerned?

Jodi...a tranquilliser? I am totally not the baby whisperer mate, hope you get El Nino settled soon!

hugs Belle. I had the same problem with Bella. I had heaps of milk she attatched well etc, but didnt gain much weight at all. They seemed to think it was from all the screaming no sleeping etc, that she was using it all up therefore not putting on weight. We had to feed with formula of a night and also for an arvo feed, the rest was BF ans she was full formula at 5mths.

All the best, have they made any suggestions to you?

Love

Thanks Charli. All Eithan's test results came back clear. It shows that he is still jaundice but that I dont need to do anything as long as it goes in the next month.

Nelle-I have some special offer coupons from Amcal for AVENT ISIS Breast Pumps. 10% off numerous combinations. If you like I can mail it to you. Just email me your address and I'll pass it on.

Love

Hi Girls

I have an Avent Isis Manual pump - havn't used it yet - Rylee is 5 weeks so may try it at around 6 weeks - I think the only time I would need to use it would be if I was going out and leaving a bottle of EBM for DH to give her. I guess it is another thing to learn and then the sterislising of bottles that goes with it, etc - still getting the hang of all the other 'baby things' to learn.

On another subject - dummys - do you girls use them...I am kind of at the end of my tether now with the witching hour and have a dummy waiting for the night when I go completely insane - last night was pretty bad so maybe tonight....didn't really want to use one as I don't want Rylee to get too reliant on one but....what do you think???

Thanks
    Laurin

Laurin, I use a dummy with Nina. Have since day one. She's never had any confusion and it's great. She is always looking for something to suck on. The only time I don't use it is when she's in bed. I don't want her to lose it in her sleep then cry for it! We just went grocery shopping and I had her sitting in the carrier and I didn't take the dummy, and the whole time she nawed away on my finger!
    Oh Charli - I'm just at the end of that 6 week growth spurt, that was the worse one yet!!

Laurin- We only just got Ashleigh into using a dummy, I was laso worried bout her getting reliant but it has helped us alot at those unsettled times. She doesn't always use it just at the bad times, we had 3 ooptions, use the dummy, give unlimited comfort feeds or listen to her scream. My breasts were getting a bit sore from the unlimited feeds so the dummy was only option left for us.

Helen.p- Thats good to hear eithans results have come back clear.

*Belle*- As others have asked is your MCHN worried? Maybe its just a slow week for Julia this week and if she hasn't lost any weight that is a good thing.

Ash has been little unsettled today. had a huge sleep this morning and has only slept about 30 mons otherwise. We trying to settle her now but every 20 mins she starts screaming again! she is just going off again now.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast