Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #5

Shellbell- I hope that Ashleigh settles down for you soon.

Laurin-I am totaly with the other girls re dummy use. It is not a bad reflection on you and if it keeps mummy and baby happy that's all that matters. The midwives in hospital told me that you dont have to worry if they have a dummy, if they are hungry they know and wont take it.

Ugh, I have gone and bought a tin of formula. The last 3-4 days at night Eithan has been continually feeding. He takes for awhile and then stops but wants more but no effort will get him to latch. He puts it in his mouth then just keeps shaking his head getting all worked up. So I change breast and he take sfor about 30secs and then we go over the whole routine again. Today he has been doing it since lunch time and putting on the real I'm hurt and hungry scream. He isnt vomiting as much and the nappies have slowed down slightly, so I think for him I will give him a top up after the next feed. Does this sound ok to you? or Am I just being lazy?

DH just said he was covered in his dribble from Eithan sleeping on him. Do you think he might be teething???
    He has little ridges on his gums for his two upper incisors. I have no idea. Does anyone elses baby dribble heaps? He's nearly 8 weeks old, Bella started at 12weeks and didnt get it break through until 10mths. Could I be right? Oh please no not yet, this is the last thing the poor little bubba needs.

Love
    Last edited by **Helen**; October 11th, 2006 at 08:23 PM.

I have had the worst day.Ruby was awake from 6am-12pm,crying then slept 2 hrs and then has been crying,unsettled from 2pm until 730pm.She is in her bassinet asleep but then will cry out.I have tried everything!!! Im just hoping she will eventually pass out from tiredness. Gotta go,crying again..

hugs caddie, i hope that ruby settles soon for you. you must all be sooo exhausted.

anna-goodluck for the ultrasoung today.

belle-ihope things are looking up.

Well so far so good i havent had to open the formula.

love

well i have a 3 day turd here, the last 3 days she has been a complete baartch, i went down to mums shopping yesterday, thankgod mum came with me, she just screamed the whole outing, so most of the day was holding caitlyn and pushing an empty pram!! it was rather good though mum held her outside woolies so i could at least go do my groceries, i think if i went by myself, i would have left after 10 minutes not getting anything done.

hi to all the new girls, cant remember your names, im a bit blurred this morning

charli, ambah looks georgous mate

annat, i love labradors.........i have a kelpie/bordercollie/german coolie cross.........she is the most intelligent dog, im sure she has more brains than some people i meet, and shes a sexy looking dog too.........hehehe.

maz, i dont know how you cope with an autism child, you must have so much patience, you should be very proud of yourself.

i better go as miss sh*thead is screaming again.......aaarrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hey has any one tried those wind drops? and do they work???

everyone have a great day

helen.p - you are going through exactly the same as me. I even phoned the ABA for advice re: the refusing the boob. Nina too will put it in her mouth and then shakes her head and screams!
    Not so bad at the moment, started about 3 weeks ago. I have started giving her 1 bottle of formula at night as she was too unsettled and refusing me too much. I haven't regretted it. It's only 1 bottle and I'm breastfeeding the rest of the time. She too dribbles a lot and someone said to me the other day about teething but I didn't think it would be possible at this age ... maybe I'm wrong?

caddie - hoping today is a better for you ... growth spurt? I think the 6 week growth spurt has been the worst!

Anna** - good luck today with the ultrasound

Laurin - did you try the dummy, how'd it go?

Last night Missy Moo was a good girl and went to sleep in her cot!!!! With the help of the dummy though. I didn't want to use it at night to help her sleep, but it worked, so I can't complain really. But then at 11pm she decided that it was play time with mummy and didn't want me to leave and just layed there smiling at me ... how can you resist that!! But I had to be strong and insist on putting her back to bed for SLEEP. Eventually worked, then she was up again at 3 for another feed, then again at 4:30am (no idea why she woke for that one! ) Then fed AGAIN at 6am. Bloody pig she is!
    I've come down with the flu today and feel like crap. Thankfully Heath is at home today and will look after me

I have used the braur colic and i was effective,i tried infacol yesterday too because of really bad wind.
    Last night she fed at 11am,3pm and 6pm. Though yesterday and at 6am she only drank 60mls.The 3am feed she drank 125mls. I cant keep up! One minute a guzzler the next a grazer!
    Now i have an appoint today at the clinic,i have checked the date and its today.Not yesterday which i stupidly went out in the bad weather for.
    Lets hope today is better! And also for everyone else!

Caddie, River's been grazing too, think it's cos the weather here is so hot at the moment, he's thristy...which makes for lovely runny poos!

Well, I've just fed and changed him and he's wailing, which makes me think I'm in for a fun ol day

I didn't know babies teethed so early! Yikes. Ah well, Riv's got a little bit of time yet..

Laurin, I was feeling guilty about using a dummy, but Riv comfort sucks, and he spits it out if he's hungry or needs a change, and he just spit it out because he prefers crying it seems...plus the MCH nurse said it was fine, since he's breastfeeding well it won't cause nipple confusion. So I'm not worried anymore.

Though I do wish he hadn't spat the dummy out...you should hear him wailing girls, he's such a drama queen. I KNOW nothing's wrong, apart from that mummy's not holding him Oh, there's that bathwater noise, better go. xo

That explains the choking episodes with ruby then an the wind and farts.She has been happy since i have been putting infacol in her bottle. Thanks charli!
    Ruby has put on 880g in 2 weeks,that explains the fat face! And the clinic nurse agrees that ruby will have blue eyes as they are getting lighter! So i have a blonde haired,brown eyed girl and a blue eyed,brown haired girl! How bizzare. Millana takes after me and ruby her dad! How sweet.
    And the grizzling yesterday was due to poos.Formula fed babies should have a poo atleast daily/second daily and b/f babies can go longer. Ruby gets grumpy if she doesnt do her daily turd! I knew there was a reason for calling her that!
    Millana was called cackercoonie because she pood heaps!

Hi ya girls
    Another hot and windy day here in Regional Victoria.
    caddie - Ruby is sounding like Vyolett, she slept I think for half an hour in an eight hour block yesterday and just wanted cuddles. Ah it drov eme mad. Here's a big sloppy one for ya hon!
    Nelle - My FIL said the same thing about the iron levels. I had very low iron levels whilst pg so I started taking my iron tablets again. God I hope they help. Im spewing that you didn't say anything about wanting a BP before. I just gave my hand Avent one away. Sorry...oh and that poo smell, sureit wasn't me cause I had no control over anything yesterday....;0
    Bel - try not to stress babe. Julia will probably put on a heap of weight next appointment as long as her nappies are wet and there's goods in the loading bay she's fine. YOur doing a great job mate, stop thinking the worse or I'll come up there and b'artch slap you.lol
    Chrissy - love to you mate. Not many people realise how much is involved with an autistic kid, So thanks for thinking of me. Yes, I use wind drops and they work a treat. Vyolett burps like an 80 yo wino after a bottle now.
    Laurin - do the dummy, I have since day one and its been my 'eject scream' button since.
    Helen - your not being lazy getting formula just thinking ahead for your self. Its called back up, and if it is lazy then im queen lazy babe. How is the little munchkin going these days?
    Charlie - dont curse your self hon we're starting the 6 week spurt and Im ready to run to the hills!
    Hello everyone else, I haven't forgotten you but im so tired after this morning already.
    Wilhelm had the second half of yesterday's autisum scanning today and the chick told me that his developmental state is at approx the 2 and half to 3 year old stage. MInd you he kept telling her, No, you dont know Wilhelm so shut up. He's calmed down now but im ready to have a scotch now. Thank god Vyolett is asleep, Id go nuts if she was awake now too. then I get home and all my Chrisco catalogues are on the back door step. SO now I have to bundle then together and give them out to my 'clients'. Ah im so not in the mood.
    Of to have a coffee and try to destress abit. Thanks guys for being ears for me again.
    xxmaz

caddie get some coloxyl drops for Ruby. they help with constipation and are made for babies. give her 10 drops into her bottle or orally before a bottle and you'll notice the difference.
    xxmaz

Will be back soon but just popping in to thank you for the good wishes for Xander's ultrasound....
    We just got back and he is fine - not a hint of a hip problem!

Soooooooo happy right now.

Thanks for the hint maz,will have to buy them when i get some transport! Go ahead and have a scotch with dinner,you deserve more than that with what you cope with.
    Congrats on the great scan anna! no more worries!
    um,will go and do some scrapbooking,cleaning can wait!

OMG I am so tired *yawn*

Jack did his 3 hourly feeds then woke at 5am 2 hours after last feed, at first he just wanted cuddles but by 5.30am he was hungry and grizzly, well as grizzly as a baby who rarely crys can be LOL

I try to rest but we are going away this weekend to see Jase's grandparents am looking forward to seeinghis dad's mum she is in her late 90's and as bright as , but his mum's parents well mother drives me nuts, I know she will go on and on about Jack being a boy and how Jase now has a heir *scream* so I have been trying to work out how many baby clothes etc to take and what else I need plus packing for Jase and me.

Then I had to fix up birth annoucements and get them out which I did *yay* just got 5 more to make well put together these are for the people we see this weekend.

I feel like I am getting way behind in every day things, I am so tired, sorry having a wingey day today

and to top it off, we are going away again next weekend *sigh* and am stressing the IL's will totally ignore me when I say Jack goes to sleep in room no tin lounge with us, and doesn't get nursed etc when sleeping *scream* I have no idea if they will be like this but I think they will *sigh* and then they will want to go out for tea, and they will have other grandson with them (8mths) so means we can't go in one car, so I imagine as I dont drink they will want me to do 2 trips, my sister said tell them you guys go out I'll stay home with Jack LOL I can just imagine the stink that will cause. I am probably stressing over nothing but............ MIL's LOL

ok I have winged enough you probably dont care anyway LOL

hope you all had good day

ok question for ya all, we will be gone friday night, sat night and all day sunday how many outfits should I take I just dont know,and as we will be travelling we wont be in one spot as in have a washing machine to use

Hi all,
    Just got back from MCHN, Ashleigh has put on weight but not quite as much as the nurse would have liked, plus we discussed Ash's day behaviour, not really sleeping and feeding often, plus how she has a eat play eat again and then not really sleep routine. Nurse says she shouldn't be feeding as often as she does in the day. So at her feeds I really have to wake her or keep her attention on feeding to have a good long feed and she thinks she may sleep better then. We will see.
    I thought what was going on was normal cause everyone has similar probs. She has offered too a day stay program that works on settling techniques. I thought I will give a weeks trial and see how we go. We are also going to hire one of those baby hammocks as we've heard fantastic stories about these and hopefully that will aid with daytime sleep.

Rach75- I'd pack plenty of outfits. I always am one to overpack for those just in case I need it. You should have seen how much stuff I had for my 2 days in hospital!

Anna**- Glad to hear the ultrasound turned out all good. Must be a relief.

chrissy- Hope your 3 day turd didn't decide to go for a 4th day. Has she settled for you?

Bloody hell its so hot today can't cope with this. 36 degrees and we're only in Oct I dread summer. I need an air con!
    Ash has been grazing lots also today, must be the heat if a few of us are having this prob.

Caddie - Im gonna get my scrapping out later. Thanks for the chat this afternoon. It really made my day. So nice to talk to an adult, rather than a four yo and baby. Its even nicer when you get along with that person. You truely are a beautiful person Caddie, dont ever change.
    Rach - Id take 10 body suits for the not so important occasions and 4 nice 'show off' outfits. If your IL's dont like your rules tell then tuff titties! they raised their kids now its your turn. I have to pull my dad into line all the time (lol) he's worse than the boys.
    Vyolett got to wear her first summer dress today and you guessed it, it was bright pink. I swore that I owuldn't do the pink thing on her but I just cant help it.
    Ow, the wind bag is screaming now best be of
    xxmaz

Shell hon take what the MCHN says with a grain of salt. You take what you think is important out. Go with your gut instinks and dont let anyone think your doing wrong. Im so sick of these MCHN making everything negative. They should be making us feel good about being a mother, not making us feel like $hit. What happened to positive thoughts?

Yeah Rach, bring stacks of clothes, because if you bring heaps of clothes you won't need them, but it's guaranteed that if you pack light, you'll wish you brought more

Man River whinges a lot...just a passing observation...I'm actually on the bed with the laptop ignoring him...since I know he's fed, changed, burped and it's too hot for a cuddle...SUPPOSE I could go sit in front of the air con with him, but I can't be stuffed.

Helen, that was so nice of you to offer your coupons Target had Medela pumps on special for 20% off though, so I got one (the cheapest type) of those today.
    Oh, and tried to buy a rocker they have on special, we were there around 11am or earlier and they were sold out!! Unbelievable. They probably had like, 3 to start off with. But at least I was allowed to raincheck one...mum might be going near another Target this arvo, so she said she'd look for me if she was...I really need one I think, he even gets cranky if the pram stops moving for too long. Just to give me a break..

Oh and don't worry Rach, I am behind too, today is such a good washing day, and I haven't done any...

I thought my pregnancy brain was bad, but I honestly cannot remember what everyone's typed! I had so many responses for you all!! I think Riv's crying distracts me somewhat..
    Speaking of which...sigh...maybe I will cuddle with him after all...
    Stay cool girls xo

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast