Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #5

Hi girls,

Just wondering if all you girls with unsettled or colicy babies have tried those baby hammocks? A friend of Df has a little bub who would not settle and they said they hired one of these and say its a god send and they haven't looked back. We were considering hiring one for when Ash gets unsettled. It will save me carrying her round the house all day. i just wonder if they get too used to them and then how do they settle when they are too big to go in it. Anyone tried one?

Anna**- Can't believe little Alex is already 2 months old! Where does the time go?

chrissy- Don't feel too bad, sounds like you've done whats best for caitlyn, thats most important thing, hopefully now you will have some settled days and get your sanity back.

*Belle*- Thanks for that belle, I have written down your e-mail address in case I need it. I'm going to try follow the MCHN advice and see how she goes. This morn I forced Ash to have an extra 10 mins on boob and it did seem to help her settle for her sleep, she went down with no probs, but it was only the first test so we will see how the rest of the day goes.
    I hope things start sorting out for you, try not to feel bad about it, i guess its hard not to cause I know how hard you've been trying, just remember you have put your best effort in. My SIL had prob with her son that she was not making enough milk and had to supplement with formula, made her and bubs feel alot calmer.

Laurin- With Ash we have tummy time, sometimes she plays under those things where you have hangy things that jingle and have mirrors, (what are they called?) or we just cuddle and chat and make faces. Thats all she really does at this age.
    So have you bumped into Angelina Jolie over in Namibia? your kids could play together!

I'm wondering if my leaking has to do with feeding jack, cause I leak heaps after I have given him hi sbottle, ir just makes no sense when he hasn't been on the boob since 28th Sept

Jodi lee yep we feel quite lucky about our 4 acres too, if jase worked shift work and we weren't doing reno's I could imagine us putting a proper house there and living there, and Jase commuting/living in caravan while on shift at work, but alass he is mon-fri we haven't been down there since the weekend before I was flown out to brisbane so will be nice to get back, just no fishing for me well from boat anyway, at least not till Jack is 1

maz, im freezing the flannels now!!!

Hey Anna did you get my email? Btw us perthies are having a going away dinner for moi next sunday night in vic park at a great affordable restaurant. Would love it if you could come. Kiddos are optional, I have to bring Jettster.
    Nelle, expressing is boring isnt it lol
    Chrissy, try frozen cabbage leaves to ease your boobies!

Sorry to hear about all these fussbutt babies. Jetts had his moments the last 2 days but after a 5.5 hr sleep overnight he is a bit more happier today. Could be due to the full of milk boobies he woke to this morning lol
    Right now we are just surfing the net listening to Johnny Cash. My little man has some fab taste in music thanks to moi His super fave is Elvis.
    Anywho better go get ready to duck off to the shops, got people coming for a bbq tomorrow night + Dh's friend and his g/f staying. I also need to get this paperwork in to Defence Housing so we can get some dates for removal and pick a house!

Sorry Anna - yep, I did get your e-mail! I though I had replied guess I forgot. lol. bloody baby brain is worse than the preggo one. Sunday night sounds pretty good to me, e-mail with details and I'll see if hubby can take bubba for a couple of hours.

Well, I fed the boy from one side at 1:30, til he fell asleep (hurrah!) and then managed to express a little under 100ml, which Rans just fed him, he seems to take the bottle well, so that's nice He's fussing still though, so I've sent Rans to change his nappy to see if it's a dirty nappy that's the problem or if he's still hungry.

Oh, Rans wants me to get some nappies off the line. Later girls

This is a question for us bottle feeding mums.

When the bloody hell do we start to get our periods again??????????

Im starting to get a little bit worried here.

Oh Maz.. are you worried about no4 !!!!

Hi to all... doing all my housework tonight as it was too hot today!!! LOL so BBL if i get time xoxox

Oh no Maz! Are you nuts? lol

I think I'm going to send this kid over to the neighbours who are having a party ... she just won't sleep!!!
    She's had about 2 hours in total since 7am this morning, she's wide awake kicking her legs and throwing her arms around and smiling at me. At least she's not screaming the house down.

She's had about 2 hours in total since 7am this morning, she's wide awake kicking her legs and throwing her arms around and smiling at me. At least she's not screaming the house down.
    Can I send Xander too? Same story over here as well! I've tried putting him down and he is just all smiles and wide eye'd... very cute, but he needs to sleep!

Maz - Hmmmm... no 4 already?

ShellBell - I haven't tried them, but those hammocks look so cosy I can't understand how a baby couldn't just love being in there!

I'm wondering if my leaking has to do with feeding jack
    I BF'd, but sometimes I do express and feed from a bottle... whenever I do that, I get a let-down and leak everywhere!

Chrissy - How'd those flannels go? Or have you raided the cabbage patch?

LP - Did you get the housework done? Once you've finished that, you can come do my place if you like!

Belle - How are you doing hon?

I'm such a sucker... I felt sorry for Xander getting jabs today (did I mention he is FINE, so maybe I bought the stuff for me? ), so took him shopping at the Target Toy Sale. Bought a PlayGro Zany Zoo playmat and a heap of toys to hang from it as well as this kick-thingo which ties to the cot end and jangles when he kicks it.

I may have got her to sleep!!! I put on some soft music, turned the light off and closed the door...that was 5 min ago. Lets see what happens.
    Anna** - you can say it was for Xander, a baby needs things to play with LOL

Just a quickie.

Anna**-you are so brave with the immunisations I am not looking forward to getting Eithan's done and like Maz I have Bella's 4yr ones due too. Congratulations on the ultrasound results being fine, that is such great news.

Maz-Period wise I cant really remember but I was comping and BF until Bella was about 4 1/2mths and I think I got my period when she was about 7mths old, it took awhile for my system to get back in order. But I have PCOS so I dont know if that affected it or not. I have heard that the going on the pill can help bring it back on, but I dont know how you go about taking that when you havent had a period. Goodluck hun. Also goodluck getting Wilhelms and Vyolett's needles done. Take Jed definantly, will you get Wilhelm done first or second, or will you keep them separate so as not to distress Wilhelm. All the best.

Belle-Hugs to you. Dont feel bad. Remember you CARE HEAPS, and you look after her so well, as someone else said it wont make any difference to Julia as long as she has a full tummy she will be happy. Plus going onto bottle does have it's advantages, Jeff can have some special bonding time with Julia aswell while you can do things like have a relaxing bath etc without interuptions as Jeff can feed her.

Charli-Thanks for the adv re dribbling. I think the last week he has had a touch of colic, well bad wind pain really. We had huge fart time this morning and he is now back down asleep.

Jodi-Lee-Yep sounds like Eithan is doing what Nina was doing. All the bottles and fromula are on standby but so far I havent had to use them.

Sorry girls Bella is whinging and I am yet to shower, so better fly while Eithan's asleep. BBL or in a day or so, fo rmore personals.

Love

Yes girls - Im $hitting a bit. I fall pg at a drop of a hat. I fell 3 times when my tubes were tied for f***k sake! I'll run away if i am. Jed will probably divorce me. lol and i dont really want 5 kids (jed's one at the best of times) to look after even if I miss having a baby boy. God help me. Ive been having thick creamy cm again sorry for TMI. Might just be my over active, tired brain. we'll just see. i haven't said anything to jed yet. Its best to keep it that way. Thank god for you girls.
    Anna - I wanted to buy one of those Zany Zoo'z but Jed came home with the baby einstien playmate. (boring) I love Playgro stuff. Its so bright and happy. We'res Zanders glasses pic. I loved it. But any pic of our babies are gorgeous so your forgiven.
    Helen - I'll probably get WIlhelm's needles done first and bribe him with a chubba chub afterwards. I was going to go through the council but they round you around like a piece of cattle. How's eithan today mate? and how are you?
    Belle - I hope you got the whole thing sorted out last night. Your such a duff, gotta love ya.
    Hello everyone else
    I'll be back, need a shower (its catchy Helen) and I really need to shave my pits and legs IFYKWIM
    xxmaz

Hi all,

Ashleigh slept so much yesterday I couldn't believe it! I don't know if its cause I took the MCHN advice and really push Ash to take more at feed times or if it was her being so exhausted from that 37 degree day we had on Thur. She spread her feeds out too. Usually she fits in 8 a day but yest was only 6. I just don't know whats going on. Will have to see if it was a one off day or a new thing.

Went to a BBQ last night at Df mates place, first real social outing. Fed Ash before we left and she slept the whole time there. Woke just before I left for a feed. That was like 10pm so after that feed wanted to take her home and Df was complaining cause all his mates had'nt seen her or had a hold etc. I told him that at that time of night I don't want her stimulated and did his mates want to come home with me and try to settle her. He was staying on drinking so it would be me having to do all the settling. Had to remind him she wasn't there for their entertainment!

maz- Sounds like your super fertile! I'd be careful if I were you. God its funny its a worry to you cause sex is like the last thing on my mind. I can't get preg if I'm not having any!

hi girls,
    i've been so busy with the wedding and then dh coming home from the mine... but i have been trying to keep up with everyone.

glad to hear that wilhelm managed to finished his review maz, and that xander's ultrasoud was clear anna. belle, sounds like you need a hug. like all the girls have said, you are doing a great job and mummy know's best. keep your chin up.

maz, i have my ob six week check next week and need to sort out contraception too. i don't have my period back, but we too have started having unprotected sex. as much as you don't want number four, i don't want two under a year either!

ainsleigh is also a dribbler helen, and she has bad reflux. she is on thickened formula plus medicine to keep it at bay. she is still chucking but it has taken away the pain and the other side effects.

sorry i missed you the other day charli. nine times out of ten it is dh on the computer, or it is left on and nobody is actually here!

we are cruising along. dh and i went out to a wedding celebration dinner for friends who eloped last night and left ainsleigh home with my dad and his partner. pop went to sleep, and the usually good ainsleigh kept jan up till 10.30... when we got home they were asleep on the couch together! we can walk home from their house, which is very handy for babysitting. dh of course did not even know that she got up for a feed at 4am!

everything else is cruising here. sorry for lack of personals... too hard to keep up!

Ooer Maz...would you do a test or would you rather blissful ignorance?
    Sex is not the most appealing idea to me either Shell (although it's sort of starting to warm on me..) but I think that a vaginal birth probably means we need a bit more time?

River has started to spew after most feeds...is this okay? It doesn't seem to bother him, just makes him grotty and gives him that lovely spewy smell..When did your babies start to spew?

Wow Charli, so how close are your kids together? I am trying to figure out how close to have all mine together...if you can plan these things...probably all mine will be pleasant surprises lol!

Well, Rans is amusing the boy, so I might go and have a shower. Hope everyone enjoys their day! xo

god damn.. when do you lot have time for sex!? We still haven't and it aint from lack of trying... Xander seems to have a sixth sence for hanky panky and starts screaming for attention every time we even think about it!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast