Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #7

caddie- God caddie that really ****s me too when people get this impression that a baby is there for their entertainment to cuddle and hold etc. Now I just tell people straight out shes tired so play time is over and if they protest I invite them to come back and settle her when shes screaming the house down!
    And men have no clue, my Df would do the same because he has no idea. i do most of the settling and cause i have the boobs have to give all those comfort feeds. Df does help out but i think he could prolly do a bit more, i just don't think he realises how draining physically and emotionally being a mother is.

Oh how frustrating Caddie! River was overtired yesterday too, got passed around at church a bit in the morning. And then we got home and my in laws were there (which was nice) and I said he's a bit overstimulated from being passed around, I'm just going to put him to bed, and MIL said oh but we came allllll this way for a hold (they were down this way anyway). So he didn't really sleep properly til after his 10pm feed.
    Guess I've learned my lesson, will limit how many ppl hold him at one time!
    I guess I feel for the in laws though, he's starting to recognise my parents cos they live so close and I guess they want to be loved too.

And for you and Simon Adele, is there any way the kids could be minded while the two of you went on a 'date' each week? Even just going for a coffee or something?
    Rans and I have a 'date' Wednesday arvo, mum's gonna babysit, because we're starting to snap at each other and really aren't communicating as well as usual, and I guess I want to protect our marriage and develop good habits before we realise we don't know each other anymore.

And yes, Rans puts the rubbish out and changes Riv's nappy and thinks that's heaps! Ummm...no. It's not. Still, he does go to work, but you're right Caddie, it's the fact that we're sleep deprived, worried, lonely and stressed on top of still needing compliments and romance and friendship.
    Although now I think about that, it probably goes two ways hey, they might be more worried about providing for their families, all we can talk about is the baby/kids, and dinner is tinned soup (again).

Well after all that, as usual, I can't remember what others have said...

Congrats on a good night's sleep the other night Rikki!

I can hear Riv trying to cry...might go shove the dummy in before it escalates...he can't be hungry (not feeding him if he is otherwise he'll lazy feed). Have a great day girls xo

nelle, that 'date' idea sounds great. Heath and I are having problems at the moment as I don't feel he's helping me with Nina, or around the house, and he feels he's working too hard at work and with the patio renovations. Yesterday was the first day we've spent with each other without anybody coming around. It was great. I was able to tell him how I felt, and he was surprised at first, but I think he's going to help a little more. LOL about the comment on dinner is tinned soup, again!! I really don't they understand that even though we're at home all day with the kids, there's simply not enough time in the day for stuff like dinner. Having said that though, Nina's been asleep for the past 2 hours, and I'm still in my pyjamis organising my social life for the week with girlfriends!!

hey girls,

last night was like hell on earth in this house simon was just flipping out so much that i left and went to mums for the night. my brother came back to my house to make sure simon didnt do anything stupid. mum was a great help last night she got up and down for the kids so i got so sleep as much as you can when your worrying.

mum said riley was feeding every 1.5hrs but wast finishing his bottle so we thing he might be growing again.

jodi - lee i have added you to msn. im hugs4eva99

caddie- sorry to hear you had a bad day the other day. i know how you feel with the hubby. simon was saying that saturday night.

nelle - i would love it if someone would do that. when my mum is free simon has to work late or if we go out he get phone calls from work it pi$$es me off.

im so lost when he is like this. i should have seen it coming as he was like it when akira was born. i guess i didnt see it this time cause ive needed his help more than ever this time round.

thanks for listening

adele

only a quicky be back later for more
    Caddie - baseball bat honey......right over his head!!!! that's all im saying and a big hug foryou.
    Adele - I know exactly how YOU are feeling about DH having post natal. Jed had it when we had both the boys. He ended up having a nervous breakdown when Wilhelm was 6 months old. Anytime you need to chat, email me.
    back later chickens....Miss Vy is calling

thanks maz i will keep that in mind.

adele

hi everone!
    we are alive...most days all i can manage is a quick read.

Well...my little princess is having her first daytime sleep in a few days that she has put herself off too, she usually doesnt have a good sleep like this until around 4pm. We usually nap together on the couch around 10am together and watch Sons and Daughters.

We actually have some kind of routine that Paige has put herself into...I just wish her 'windy period' did't start at 4am where she grunts and farts all morning long...but then again, she is a fantastic sleeper up until then so I am thankful for that.

On the evenings when she is awake for a feed around 5-6pm, she has boobie, bath then a cuddle to her music, then she puts herself to sleep. I sometimes need to pop in if she has spuked a little...but she generally goes to sleep without much fuss.
    She doesnt wake then till around 11-12 for a feed...then 3-4am. This is when Heath goes to work so I wheel her bassinette into our bedroom, and she generally ends up in bed snuggled with me until around 8am. She grunts and farts and sometime whines from 4-6am...but we are usually up and starting our day by 8am.
    I think she is sleeping this afternoon because we walked at 9am, and decided to not go out today....we usually go somewhere around 10-11 to get out of the house.

OK confession time...who else finds that DH being home throws everything out of whack. Poor Heath is only home Saturday afternoon/night and all Sunday...but everything goes to ****e for some reason. I don't sleep as well...Paige is all out of kilt and I end up in tears most of the time from sheer tiredness.
    Yesterday was the worst...Paige wouldnt go down for her sleep around 9-10am...I was exhausted as I had a migraine hangover, a headache that wouldnt budge...and I was really emotional and missing my mum.
    Anyhow...Heath told me to 'just let her cry for a while, she might tire herself out". That was just something I knew I couldnt do....you see...when I was in the hospital and it was the 2nd night...Paige was crying and I couldnt do anything to stop her....I was exhausted and ended up calling the midwives to come take her for me...all I could hear was her screaming as they took her down the hallway. I sobbed my heart out...and eventually went looking for her. I took her back to my room and snuggled with her in bed and PROMISED her I would never leave her alone like that ever again. So yesterday when she was crying in her bedroom, I couldnt do it...so I went and picked her up, gave her a cuddle, cried a little then we both crashed on the couch.

Sleeping with her on the couch means I actually get some rest, so It works for me...I am just not able to leave her to cry...all she needs is some comforting and she is fine. Paige is such a good sleeper and is able to self settle etc...so i cant see why I would need to let her cry...she obviously just didnt want to sleep right then. So I will no longer bow to pressure from my husband to ever just leave her to cry when I know all she needs is a quick cuddle.

WOW that was an epic post.

hope everone is well!!

P.S I think ALL hubbies need to go on daddy bootcamp when babies arrive...where they have to go and stay with Bubs for a week and learn what its all about.

i have noticed that as well when simon is home on the weekend riley does not settle for some reason. I guess it because simon has his way of doing things and riley doesnt like it lol.

I know how you feel with the crying thing. Im like that i cant let them cry like that i have to pick them up and give them a hug and sometimes its all they need.

Dont feel bad about it.

Well im going to get akira she is out at a friends for lunch. so this has given me time to clean the house and have a few min break yay.

Seeya

Adele

we just got back from the chn... ainsleigh is in the 95th percentile for height :eek: and 75th for weight. looks like she is taking after daddy in the height dept! all else is good. she managed to wee and spew on the chn (so clever! ) and the chn said i could contact ngala (like trescillian) for help with sleep if i need to. did she not hear me say that my daughter sleeps from 6pm - 11am with an hour for a feed around 6am??? just cos she does not sleep the rest of the day is fine with me!

hope you are all doing well. nice to hear from you chrissyt. sorry things are a bit rough with simon at the moment adele. hope those who had babies suffering from too much handing around have had nice quiet days today. we're off to chiro to try and cure the reflux. even though i go to chiro regularly, and have known the chiro since we went to school together, i am still a tad nervous... but have heard it really helps so will give it a go!

ChrissyT- Don't feel guilty bout not letting bubs cry. I've read that in first 12 weeks babies cry for a reason and they are not being manipulative cause they don't know how. One book I read even pointed out how would we like it if we were so upset and people said leave us to cry in bed. I thought then I'm not going to listen to people about getting into "bad habits" and if my bubs needs a cuddle to sleep or wind down I will give it.
    Mind you there are times when they don't stop crying and you do need to leave them for 5-10 mins for your own sanity.

Thanks Shell - we are lucky I guess in that Paige doesn't cry for more than a few seconds when she wants boobie or sleep.

just a quick hello have not had time to ready all the posts but i had my first CHN visit today... As its my 2nd child i was on a low priority for a visit! Glad i was ok and not pulling my hair out waiting for a visit!

Anyway Alexanders stats are :
    bare Weight : 4.55 Kilos / Birth Weight : 4.270 Kilos / left hospy weight 3.99 kilos / gain since leaving hospy 560GRAMS
    Length :55.5cm - gain of 1 cm
    Head 38.50 / growth of 1 cm !

Nurse if happy with everything, i was a little worried that he has not gained heaps of weight but he is growing and very settled / content after feeds and weeing and pooing lots .. so he must just gain a little , after all he was such a big baby he might be settling into his body size on the booby

Mastisis is clearing up..

All happy! just wish i could get some housework done!

Where is everyone today?
    Alls quiet here for the moment so i might as well do some scrapbooking.

Here, but exhausted! Great to hear the mastitis is clearing up little p.

About the crying, I think I read somewhere (or dreamt it ) that sometimes crying is a way for babies to relieve tension or process things they've experienced?
    So I let Riv cry sometimes, you know, cos it's for his own emotional development
    Nah seriously though, if he's fed and changed, and has had a little cuddle, I let him go, most times he settles within 10mins, and if he goes much longer, I reassess the situation.
    Not sure if you can see their personalities this early, but he seems really stubborn, and fights sleep, and crying seems to be part of that. Mum reckons I was a bit like that too as a baby, except not quite as intense as Riv.

Hope everyone has a happy and sleepfull night! xo

Jodi lee - paige's chest Xray came back all clear her lungs and heart are good. Her chest infection is finally clearing up but she's still scik. It's sad.

How many other Paige's are in this forum? It must be a popular name this year.

morning girls

ells, glad to here that paiges xray came back all clear it must be such a relief for you.

littlep, god to here your mastitis is clearing up, and that alex is doing well.

caddie, hi mate hope you got some time to get some scrapbooking done yesterday, and i hope millana and ruby are behaving for you.

jodi, nina is so cute i just love that pic on your ticker.

chrissyt, great to hear from you, i agree with on the crying caitlyn is always crying and they are just so young at the moment, so i really dont think you can spoil them at this young age, i do let her cry alot....when im trying to get things done, but most of the time she just wants attention. and she is to young to play with her toys, so i do give her lots of cuddles, but i am lucky as my daughters pay her so much attention.

nelle, how is your thrush going, i hope its healing up nicely, i had that with my second bub, and did it hurt, my nipples still have the scaring and that was over 13 years ago.:eek:

maz, hope little vy is behaving, i have been thinking of getting one of those slings of ebay, so i can be hands free, especially when i do the shopping, Caitlyn always decides to scream as soon as i enter any shopping centre.....UUURRGGG.

aboll, i hope you get a bit of a break and someone can look after the kids so you and simon can have some quality time together, as thats so important, so you can both get things out, but it is such a hard time with a newborn, me and craig never fight, or argue, but this past month, i could have just up and told him where to go and just left, it gets so fustrating when we do so much, and they come home from work, and you think finally relief, but they just sit around and im lucky if craig picks caitlyn up, i have to rely on my 13 year old to help, so i can at least do dinner!

riki, wow ainsleigh sounds as though she is going to be a very tall girl, caityn is over 95% in weight....i think im going to have one very chubby baby here.

shell,i must agree on the men having no clue, i asked craig on the weekend to change a nappy, and to make it easier it was a disposable, i was in a bit of disbelief that he had no idea, i was having a chuckle under my breath, as he was also trying to deal with a screaming baby as well, then i realised that was the 2nd nappy he had changed, and he has had 2 kids that evryone keeps telling me he is such a hands on dad........bull***t i reckon!

belle, i hope your doing ok mate, im thinking of coming down to sydney in the next couple of months, i have to go to st ives which is just around the corner, so maybe we can catch up for a coffee, in chatswood somewhere?

charli, how is ambah, she looks so cute do your girls help you with her as much as my girls help me with caitlyn.

well that was pretty good for personals for me, im so sorry if i missed you, but i still love you all, and there is so many of us in here.so i will just give a

i decided its time to get fit again, went for a swim yesterday, usually it takes me 30 minutes to do my 60 laps, it took me 2 hours as this baby would not settle, so i think i better wait a little bit longer to go to the pool,might have to go for a big walk today and invest in a fitness dvd.

better go have a great day girls, my god this is a long post.

good morning girls,

last night was a bit better. i have been writing down the time when riley wants feeding and i was shocked to see that he has small feeds from 3am onwards where he will only take 30mls and falls asleep for 1.5hr. i tried to wake him but once he is asleep thats the end of him lol. just like his daddy.

simon was a bit better last night he said that my 18yr brother helped him out loads they just talked. i thinked that helped him out lots.

i have my brother here today to give me a hand with the kids as it is his day off. he told me i can go out and do some shopping or just go to bed. i think it is the bed for me lol.

well i gotta get akira ready for kindy and then off to the shop before my brother gets here.

later

adele

I think I'm going to go insane with this child. She's started feeding every 2 hours during the day now, and she was sleeping through the night (which lasted just over a week), but now wakes for feeds. She started waking just once for a feed, but now she's waking three times a night!! I've tried just giving her the dummy before offering her the boob to see if she will settle, and she won't. And she's having a good feed at these times as well. She's still having plenty of wet nappies, is gaining weight and is a very content baby, so I don't think it's my milk supply. Even when we give her a bottle of formula, she still wakes a couple of times a night, it makes no difference. Any suggestions?

littlep - that's great that Alexander is gaining weight and that your mastitis is clearing up! I noticed he's grown 1cm in 5 wks - Nina grew 7cm in 7wks, I wonder if that's normal?

nelle - Nina seems to have the same personality as River - stubborn, fights sleeping and knows what she wants! I believe you can see their personality at this age. She's just like me, definitely not like her dad, who's extremely laid back!!

ellsbells - I'm so happy to hear that Paiges' xray came back all clear. Bet you're relieved at that. Hope she gets better soon, it must be hard seeing your little one so sick, and there's not a lot you can do for them. Bet she's getting lots of hugs from mummy though!

aboll - Great that your brother is there to help you today. Enjoy the rest! I have added you on my msn too,thanks.
    And, happy one month old birthday to Riley!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast