Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #8

OMG it is so hot.....................

anyone else have things they never thought they would do and are now doing, I never thought I would co-sleep, last night Jack went down at 9.30pm he had feed at 7pm and then another 60ml at 8pm piggy boy LOL, he didn't wake till 1.30am :eek: he then had normal 120ml feed, and refused to go to sleep so after cuddling him etc, I realised he was still hungry hungry so gave another 60ml at 2.30am he gulped that down at 3am was still wingy so Jase said he would get up :love: he stayed up till after 4am with him, he was still grizzling at 4.30am which would be normal feed time, so fed him, gulped it down, gave him a drink of H2O at 5am he was thirsty, finally had to go to bed, so in he came and we all slept till 8.30am Jack woke properly at 9am, Jase said he can't wait till Jack is in big bed, so he can go sleep there and Jack and I can have our bed LOL

so all morning he wanted to be cuddled etc, we had washed his bassinet cover this morning so when he wanted to go down for sleep at 12.30pm it was still wet and cot is full of toys LOL, so again had big nap on mum and dad's bed, Jack and I slept till 3pm when I got up, Jase fixed bassinet up and we transferred jack into it, didn't care LOL

but well co-sleeping works when he is grumbly and wans cuddles, mind you I wake up so stiff from not moving

hope you all had good afternoon

merrie Guest

Hi again everybody,

Harriet is asleep in her rocker and wasting the batteries because she won't sleep in it unless the vibrate is on. I still have low supply and have to suplement with formula which is a bit depressing but i am perservering. I am going to try to get into a day stay breast feeding clinic to see if I can get over the problems but i MIGHT JUST HAVE TOcome to terms withtthe fact that I wont be able to exclusively breast feed.

Belle I hope that you are feeling better. I have been really down too. I really think the PCOS hormones combined witht he end of the preg hormones are a bad match. Yesterday I went for a walk in the middle of a hail storm because I just had to clear my head as I was getting really frustrated with all the feeding problems we have been having. Daily tears seem quite normal now. Just make sure you get all of the help you need.

Harriet is gorgeous in her little baby gap hoodie today and is very sleepy after a longwalk in the fresh air so I 88am going to try to catch up on some sleep.

Love to Maz, Nelle, Anna, Annat, shelle, adele, Rikki, Caddie, Chrissy, ChrissyT, Rach, littlep and sorry if I have forgotton anyone but love to you too and cuddles to all the babies.

Cheers
    Merrie

Hi Ladies!

Anyone elses Bubs have the classic text book '6 week growth spurt' symptoms like Paige?

*constant wanting to feed (to therefore build up my milk supply for her growth)

* fleeting emotions - happy one minute - next minute screaming the house down for 2 seconds, then fast asleep the next.

* catnapping during the day.

* The sudden finding of her vocal chords - deciding to have a real wind down cry instead of a little grizzle - again the cry only lasting seconds. I think Baby Love mentions that the 6th week is the 'peak crying period' and considering Paige has never actually cried before now...this might be her 'peaking'...LOL

I have had an exhausting last 2 days with Paige's constant boobie attachment and catnapping - but on the plus side she has been sleeping well at night because she is getting most of her milk in the daytime.

Well I am very proud of myself...today Paige and I got up and showered/fed and dressed and took off to the Plaza for a girly shopping trip. I ended up buying her 2 reversable hats from Pumpkin Patch - I could go crazy in that shop, but decided to wait till she was a little bigger so she would get more wear out of the clothes. I am very proud of myself as it was a hurdle I really wanted to get over.
    Funny thing is...it's kinda like my anxiety has gone...as quick as it reappeared last year it has gone again. It's funny...I think my focus is now on Paige and not analysing myself. Plus, my anxiety came back due to stress - the whole estrangement from Heath's mum, but now that that has been resolved, its like my anxiety disorder has resolved along with it. Our bodys and minds are funny things hey. I am also glad my biggest fear of PND didn't eventuate either...I think that had more to do with wonderful support, and me being so aware of making sure i used relaxation techniques etc when feeling things getting on top of me.
    I had another big cry yesterday, I was so tired and having a good blubber makes me feel so much better...it releases SO much stress I cannot tell you. What tipped me over was the fact that it seams like everytime I am feeding Paige, Heath leaves the room to go watch telly, or jump on the pooter, and I feel really lonely. Mum used to sit and chat with me..and even get up at 3am to come see how I was and keep me company...it made me feel human. But when you spend most of the day alone with your baby, then your hubby leaves you alone...it does your head in. So once I expressed how him doing that upsets me, he apologiesed and agreed it wasnt a nice thing for him to do..he was however oblivious to the fatc he did it thow. He stayed up last night to chat with me when I woke to feed Paige at 12am. Seeing he is back at work tomorrow I understand that he cant do it every night.
    Yesterday I left Heath alone for 20min to duck tot he shops...she chose to SCREAM the house down so poor Heath panicked a littled as I didnt have my phone on me...poor hubby...it scared him a little as he tried eveything to get her to stop crying...and of course she stopped 2 seconds before I walked in the door.

I am just going to say a HUGE HELLO to everyone.

You all know I am CRAP ay personals now....but I really DO read eveyone's posts and enjoy reading what you guys have to say.

I let Paige co-sleep when she wakes around 3-4am. I just pop her in the crook of my arm and we snuggle...I do move all pillows and dooner etc away and just throw her cellular blanket over my arms...we also LOVE to snooze together during the day on the couch.

p.s. Merrie - so nice to see you on the other side - congratulations again!!

Maz - have been thinking of Vy yesterday when she had her needles, she was such a brave girl. OMG at the doctor I totally understand why you wouldnt go back would scare the crap outta me for sure.

Caddie - big hugs mate, I am thinking of you, re Ruby's choking episode yesterday. How is she feeling today? how are you feeling mate? here if you need to talk ok...

Helen P - honey where are you? Im sorry I havent called, I have been not well at all but promise I will contact you soon ok.

Sandra T - thanks so much for your message big hugs to you - I will catchup with you soon and tell you how things are.. Hope you and Zach and Liam are doing well.

Anna** - thanks so much for the chat, you are a good friend I really appreciate you listening, Xander sounds so cute on the phone! he is doing wonderful!!!

Merrie - I know exactly how you feel re the milk supply I too wish I could exclusively breast feed but unfortunately I have tried to up my supply and it isnt working and have to supplement with formula too, which one are you using? re PCOS I was told this is the reason why my milk supply is a bit low, have you been told that? We cant beat ourselves up about it... its hard I know..Im doing ok, things are still quite difficult and I get so upset all the time but getting there thanks for thinking of me.

Great news is that Julia has put on 190 grams from last week so she is putting on weight due to the top ups of formula so thank god for that. We are very happy about this

Chrissy - how was your weekend with the kids?

Hello to everyone, sorry for no more personals I am so tired. Have a good night girls.

Bel
    xxx

Oh wow Belle, that's wonderful that Julia's put on weight! Good on you guys!

Well, I don't think that this sleeping through the night while Rans feeds River is going to work...I forgot about engorgement I was in SOO much pain but was so tired, but eventually got up and expressed at about 4am, SO much better. Rans will just have to bring him to me next weekend.

As for expressing Charli, I expressed about 150ml in one session last night, about half from each boob, but my supply is still sorting itself out, and I'm assuming I'll produce a bit less once things settle. Perhaps you could express over a few sessions, and then you know you'll have enough?

Had a shower with River today I think he really liked it, he got all snuggly and didn't even mind when he got water all over his face. Rans helped me though, and took the baby while I washed my hair, so it'll be interesting to see if I can manage to do it on my own...I sat on the floor of the bath, in case he slipped from my hands.
    Does anyone else shower with their baby? And if so, how do you do it?

Think the thrush is starting to crack my nipples a tiny bit...will have to keep an eye on that.

Oh and with co-sleeping, after River's morning feed, whenever that is, 6, 7 or 8am, if I'm still tired and he won't settle, I'll take him back to bed with me and give him tummy time on my chest while I snooze on my back...I get stiff from being in the same position too long as well!

I cried today because Rans says he's seen smiles and all I ever see is spew and poo But I don't think he's actually smiled as a reaction to something yet. And I'm sure I'll see plenty of smiles eventually. I probably cried more because it's depressing seeing so much of the last feed come back up - my body works hard to make that milk buddy!

Got a hospital appt tomorrow, and am going by myself, first outing with just Riv and me, hopefully it will go well.

Hope everyone's well, and really hope that our babies let us sleep well tonight! xo

Charli - if you can juggle it, try expressing whilst Ambah is on the other boob... i find that heaps easier and get a lot more milk that way.

LOL, how many hands do you have Anna?
    I have an image of one of these hindu gods with their arms all over the place, holding babies and milk expressers!

PMSL at hindu gods image Nelle, I really need to get me some more arms. oh on the showering thing, Vyolett showers with us every other night. She had one the first night she got home from hospital. I have just learnt to do it, I showered all my kids and none of them are scared of the water on their face.
    Yay on Julia's weight gain Belle. I stillhave a few extra kg that she can have.....lol.
    How is SandraT havent heard from her in ages..saY HELLO to her next time for me please Belle.
    Great to hear from you both ChrissyT and Merrie. Buger your hitting the 6 week growth splurt ChrissyT....Im thinking maybe Vy's on a growth now (10 week one) cause all she has done this weekend is eat and sleep.Im not use to it.
    Hello to all you other chickens out there. Big kisses for you all and ohh mr sand man is coming so im off to go for a nite nites before Vyolett wakes.
    Golod night kisses to all

xxmaz

hey girls,

i washed my car today lol at car wash for $8 lol im lazy just drive in and wait for it to finish lol. and we even got to tidy up the back yard yay.

Maz - your welcome. hope she is doing ok. the sleep will do her some good and keep you from going crazy unless you are already there. I know i am lol. dont blame you for not wanting your dr to go near you after vy needles.

Anna - sounds like you little boy is having fun with all the new noise he can make wait till he can blow rasberries lol.

merrie - sorry to hear you are upset about not being able to breastfeed very well. Dont get to upset about it. Big hugs for you and hope you can pull through it. Just think you gave it a try and you have done so well with what you have managed.

chrissyt - i love pumpkin patch as well simon has to pull me past the store cause last time i was in there i spent $200:eek: lol. well done on not buying to much wish i could do that.

belle - want meet up on msn sometime tomorrow?? im home most of the day.

hello to everyone else and big hugs hope everyone has a good night and that everyones babies sleep well.

love

Adele

Nelle I have showered with Jack twice now the first time home alone and managed to wash my long hair and his was so proud of myself 2nd time jase was home and it was a complete stuff up LOL

well my boy is officially a piggy porker LOL, the last few nights he has had his usual 120ml feed between 7pm-9pm and then a hour later wanted more so tonight at 8.30pm I decided to try him on more made up a 180ml and he sucked down 150ml no probs he is now sound asleep he stays that way till at leats 2am would be nice

well done rach on showering with jack i havent tried that yet lol. i enjoy my showers to much to share at the moment thats my way to get me time.
    riley was doing that for a while i worked out it was to do with him growing that week. hope he slows down for you.

Adele

I can't wait till my CHN appoint tues to see how much he has grown I am sure he is up at least 400grm or more in 2 weeks he is getting huge

nelle i first showered with ainsleigh when sam was home and she loved it... she even started dozing in the shower! when he is home i have my shower then yell out and he brings her in but i also often shower when he is at the mines as she too is still very spewy so i take her in with me in the morning. i just undress her down to her nappy and lie her on a towel on the bathroom floor (wrapped in her towel if it's cold) and she is content to lie there while i have my shower... then i jump out and get her, just take her nappy off and jump back in.

We keep forgetting to bath him, we think 'oh we bathed him yesterday...oh maybe the day before...oh no, actually it was ages ago..'
    That's why I think showering might be the way to go - although it's my 'me' time too Adele, but I figure I can still have that when Rans is around to tend to the boy.

Hope Jack stays asleep for you Rach

My boobs are really tender at the moment, think they're still a bit sore (kinda feels like internal bruising) from being so engorged last night...does that happen? And it's probably also the thrush hurting me too...sigh.
    Has anyone taken that inliven stuff? I've read it's good for sorting out thrush and giving heaps of energy...it seems expensive, but if it sorts me out, I'd be tempted.

Oh, you know what else would be good for giving energy? Sleep! What the heck am I doing still on the computer?

hahah know what you mean by beeing at the computer still lol. im headding to bed soon lol.

ok check out the link in my sig it's a montage of jacks first month, the song needs fixing but what do you think

Nelle, my boobs also feel sore and tender after being engorged from skipping night feeds.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast