Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #8

Default Babies Born September 2006 #8

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

September '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Rikki
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 1 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3.3 kilos 7 lb 6 / Length -51cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Ainsleigh Ann
    Baby's Website: http://www.babysites.com/sites/babypassi/
    Health Concerns: Gestational Diabetes so had to have an elective caesarean at 38 1/2 weeks.

Forum Name: Maz
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 2 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 lb 1 / Length -56cm
    Baby's Name: Vyolett Rosemarie Elizabeth
    Health Concerns: Was booked in for an elective c/s on the 5th as prior two pg's had been emergency and pre booked c/s.
    Early labour stopped on the 24th of August and labour began on 2nd September ending with emergency c/s again.
    Had GD and extremely bad M/S to the point that I lost 20kg for the pg.

Forum Name: *Belle*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 15 September 2006
    Baby Stats: length 52cm, HC 35cm, weight 3390g
    Baby's Name: Julia Zora
    Baby Website: http://www.totsites.com/tot/juliaz
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 41 weeks and after 36hours of labour, had emergency c/s
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Little Princess (Anna)
    Baby's DOB: 16 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight -4.270 kilos or 9 lb 6oz Length -54.5cm Head Circ -37cm
    Gender of Baby: MALE
    Baby's Name: Alexander Ryan
    Baby's Website: Working on it!
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Breastfeeding

Forum Name: Magic (Sheree)
    Baby's DOB: 21 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Mitchell James
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: IVF veteran, DS is a natural miracle

Forum Name: Chrissy
    Baby's DOB: 21 sept 06,2.24pm
    Baby Stats: 8lb 9oz, 52cm
    Baby's Name: Caitlyn Anne
    Baby Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Induced at 38 week, due to mum in agony with her pregnancy, and fast previous deliverys, 5 hour labour, was told the day before i only i have a small baby in there, was i bit shocked by her weight!
    __________________________________________________ _

Forum Name: aboll
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 24 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Riley
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: My pregnancy was induced at 40.4 weeks and 4hrs and 44min later riley was welcomed into the world! So far Riley is an angel he doesnt cry very much and is sleepy really well.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: AnnaT
    Baby's DOB: 26th Sept
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 8oz Length - 48cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Jett Ryan Andrew
    Baby's Website: http://www.babycrowd.com/jr/online/annalou/welcome.html
    Notes: Labour induced with syntocin/ARM due to high bp, 3 hours long, no drugs or tearing.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: Nelle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: September 27th
    Baby's Stats: weight 9lb 4oz, length 52cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: River Jude
    Baby's Website: check my profile, if I ever get around to it.
    Health Concerns: often in danger of being thrown out a window...may be addicted to fists.
    Notes: 11hr labour on due date, drug free waterbirth, had 2nd degree tears and during the stitches had gas...which made me feel like I was in a Chemical Brothers song...so cool.

Forum Name: Skyelar (Lea)
    Baby's DOB: 27th September 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 6oz Length 48cm Head Circ
    35cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Asha Reyne
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/icsipixie/
    __________________________________________________ _

Forum Name: Merrie
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 30/09/2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 pounds 9 - Length - 50 cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Harriet Elodie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Astrolady; October 30th, 2006 at 07:31 AM.

You can catch up with your previous thread HERE

birthday girl first!!! I just had to make a mad dash to target for pants as my go out ones didnt fit.Well they did around the legs but not the jellybelly.Damn that!

Help needed.
    tried Ashleigh with the bottle of expressed milk this evening, no luck, she ended up getting really upset so i put her on the boob for 10 mins then tried again. She just kept chewing on the teat. I squeezed some of it in and when she got the taste she opened her mouth to suck but when realized it was a bottle got annoyed. We spent 45 mins on and off bottle and on and off boob, only got about 10 mls into her from the bottle. Towards end she looked like she was willing to give it a try but kept gagging on the teat. I was using Avent but are there other brands out there with shorter teats? She may take to it better if she's not being gagged, otherwise I'm stuck with no life til god knows when.

try the new tommee tippee bottles that are shape like a breast.They feel and look fantastic!

here as well, I am still not on the front page details

shellbell3 if ya want to feed EBM the tommee tippee ones are supposed to be great, we use both avent and these http://www.tommeetippee.com.au/closertonature/ the teats are supposed to represent the breast better, they are around the sam eprice as avent bottles etc

jinx caddie

Thanks girls i will have to try these. Do they fit into the Avent bottles? Or do I need to buy there brand?

They should fit into the Avent bottles. I know other brands I've used fit.

The closer to nature ones don't fit avent bottles... they are heaps bigger/wrong shape. If you have avent bottles you want to use, try the pigeon peristaltic ones... soft, stretchy teats - Xander takes only these ones!

I have a nuk bottle for River which he drinks pretty well from, but have nothing to compare it to..I got that because he has nuk dummies and I didn't want to confuse the sucking experience too much Perhaps that's why he takes the bottle well, because it's like his dummies.

Rach, maybe email Sherie with your front page details, might be easier than her trawling through all our posts? Dunno how these things work.

Well, can't hear any noise right now, but about 5 mins ago, I heard River cooing from his room...honestly, if that boy doesn't sleep soon, he's going to fall into a coma or something! At least he's not screaming, quiet time I can handle
    I'd say from the lack of crying that that last feed was what he was after. I had a good nap on the couch anyway before while Rans played xbox, so I feel better. It's just so exhausting when they won't settle hey.
    And it's the weekend, so I'll only need to get out of bed if I need to pee! The rest of it Rans can do, or bring the boy to me in bed - hurrah!

Rans just put River in his Baby BeeHinds nappy, because he's going longer between feeds overnight, he's soaking through the flannel flats, and I hate to think what would happen if he did a big poo! Although the cover would catch most, hopefully.
    How are you other cloth users going? Still going? Using disposables? Half half?

Speaking of toilet related things... hopefully back tomorrow, may we all sleep superbly! xo

ETA: Look at my beautiful man sleeping with his bum in the air He turns me to mush sometimes, he's just so cute.

ETA again: Got a new photo album in my profile with well, pictures of River obviously!
    Last edited by Nelle; October 27th, 2006 at 10:59 PM. Reason: River's pic

I love your new ticker pic Nelle!!! Oh.. and we are still using cloth full-time and all is going well. So much easier than I ever thought to be honest (oh, and I bought a heap of BumGenius' - LOVE THEM!!!)

Oh ho ho those BumG's...so cool. Need to buy some more BBH's for night, what do you use for nights, or are the frequent feeds meaning you don't need something to go the distance so far?

Getting changed into my pyjamas, I discovered I was leaking quite a bit, so I expressed a feed...so ladies, I am headed for a good sleep while Rans can do the feed! Although I don't feel tired now cos of my nap...but I probably am tired, since today was rather stressful with River's out-of-nowhere grizzlyness. So I might try to sleep

I use cloth through the day and disposables of a night. Atleast I konw that buy using cloth, Vy's clothes will stay up (PMSL)
    Caddie - I hope you had a lovely evening last night. PMSL at 'jelly belly' comment. Mines become a keg again.....ah the joys.
    I was in big W and noticed that they sell the tommee tippee natural dummies now too. Ive gotta buy some cause Vy is always pulling her bloody dummy out.
    Best go and ,$hit, shower and shave while everyone is still asleep and before the NEEDLES this morning. Im so not looking forward to it.
    Later
    xxmaz

Nelle- Xander only wakes once during the night now (between 9pm and 4am) so definately need a decent nappy with all those wee's! I'm using either the hemp or bamboo BBH's.. the bamboo is a lot better at night. Will be starting to use the stash of wool soakers soon too.
    Hope you had a great sleep!

Grrrr- my turn to get somewhat peeve'd. Last night, (like you Nelle!) I was really engorged so I expressed. Xander was asleep at the time, but he woke just as I was finished.... well, rather than DH offering to do the feed/nappy change and me head off to bed for an early one, DH just went to bed leaving me to bottle feed and settle Xander!!!! I'm also getting a tad bit annoyed that I pretty much always have to ask DH to take Xander for a cuddle, and then DH will only just get him and plonk him onto the couch next to him like he is a stuffed toy IFYWIM? I tell him Xander wont like just being ignored like that, then DH gets all "I dunno what to do, go back to Mummy" when he does cry.

Maz - Best of luck with the needles today! Your getting two (kids) done aren't you?
    Last edited by Anna**; October 28th, 2006 at 07:31 AM. Reason: for Maz

hey girls, just wanted to let you know I won't be on for a while. Nina is feeding every 3 hours during the night & every 2 hours during the day, so I'm stuffed. On top of that Heath isn't helping very much so I need to try & get on top of things with him & Nina.
    Luv u all & talk to you when I'm feeling less tired & cranky.
    Babies, be good to your mothers!

Hooray! Ashleigh only woke once overnight. Couldn't believe ut. She finally settled at 10pm, after numerous times on the booby. She was driving me bonkers, she'd pull herself off and then start carrying on cause it wasn't in her mouth! Anyways she slept from 10 til 4am, never gone that long, then slept til 7:30. Yay!

Nelle- you are so lucky having Dh bring bubs into you. My Df doesn't, he slept all night with his ear plugs in slept in til just now and then tonight is his "boys night". Be nice for me to have a night off or a good sleep in.

Anna**- Some men are funny with babies they don't know what to do. Df is pretty good now he will chat to her and sing silly songs. Df used to suddenly find he needs to do something important when she starts carrying on so he can handball her over to me. I did pick up on it though and pointed that out to him so now when she cries he does try to settle her but looks sooo relieved if I take her.

Jodi-Lee- I hope things settle down for you soon, is she getting enough at feeds? Hugs to you and I hope Heath gets off his butt and helps you out a bit more.
    Last edited by shellbell3; October 28th, 2006 at 09:43 AM.

im hearing you anna on the DH front, finally i have a day that he is home, all i want is to catch up on sleep, but there isnt even an offer to look after caityn so i can catch up on some...grrrrr......im lucky if he has a cuddle, then he complains, that she crys when he does....and of cause back to mummy.......grrrr....maybe caitlyn just thinks who the hell are you!!!

got my periods back yesterday......well i think thats what it is.......so no more unprotected sex for me.......or maybe just no more sex, that might teach him to get his finger out and give me a hand!!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast