Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #8

hey girls,

riley has been in a mood all day where he wants me to hold him. Its to hot for me to sit there and hold him all day.

belle - how was your day at mothers group ???

shellbell - how was your day at mothers group??? and good luck with getting Ashleigh on the bottle.

helen p - how have you been long time no see.

chrissyt - love the website paige is very cute.

well ill be back later riley is screaming again ahhhhh kids

later

Adele

hello ladies!

savannas six week check up went fantastic!
    she was such an angel!!! she just stared at the doctor in the most intriguing way. like "who the hell is this person touching me" haha i got a good laugh.
    she would not take her eys of the doc and was flaring her nostrils at her
    hahaha

i had my check up the same time. blood pressure, pap smear and breast exam. all good!

i was so not expecting the last two but atleast they are over and done with.

hahah ambaz thats what riley does when he sees somone he doesnt know lol.
    thats great your check up was all good. i have mine in 2 weeks atleast i dont have to have a pap smear done

well later

Adele

Why was i told that ruby didnt need a checkup until 8weeks!!! Im so annoyed considering the problems ive had with her.If i go to him on the 10th nov and he says why wasnt i in earlier i will be ****ed.It seems all u girls are going at 6 weeks.Ruby had a 6 week check by a midwife?
    I have had my period for over a week now.So lucky im not having sex cause i must be back to normal but its never this long....
    Millana still being a good girl in her big girls bed.Im real happy bout that and i gave her a haircut last night.Its like a long bob.So cute as she looked like an urchin before.
    No smiles from ruby.Only in her sleep.So not fair!

ChrissyT- Love the pics, she is gorgeous!

My mothers group was good. There are 6 of us and everyone seems very nice and friendly. The MCHN encourages us to meet up outside the group too to get to know each other and get comfortable so we're all gonna meet up for coffee on friday. We covered sleep and settling today, next time we're gonna do baby massage.

well another crappy nights sleep, he went down after 10pm feed slept till 2am then was awake till 4.30am when Jase got up and took over I had stinking headache and was in tears from lack of sleep but thank heaven for Jase

CH appoint went great she wants to see me again in 2 weeks why but oh well its free

my fat baby is now up to 5020grms and 55 cm he was 4340grms and 53cm 2 weeks agai :eek:

wow rach that is a big gain. you must be doing something right. you have a growing boy on your hands. i was meant to get riley weight today but forgot i i will go on thursday if i remember.

Caddie - that is strange the drs normally do it at 6wks not 8wks if you do feel that it is right make it 7 weeks to be on the safe side.

Im so angry with myself today as i havent stopped so much to be done and so little time. it looks like its a late one again to night have an inspection tomorrow ahhhh so crap.

well im off to clean the house some more.

Adele

Hey girls Got to sleep sometime after 3, and mum came over to watch River so I could sleep worry free from 10:30 - 1:30, which was soo nice of her.
    I am trying to tell myself that Riv choking was just a once off. His room stinks like eucalyptus now though! Mum suggested putting euky bearub on my chest while he feeds so he can breathe...gotta get some of that, I loved it when I was a kid!

Back later, Rans is trying to convince me that River likes metal music, and pretending to put him back up my butt I'd better go save myself.

Gee it's hard finding time to post here, bubs is well and so am I but I am finding that I am living in a time warp - where does the time go hey LOL

Dummies - DD had one until 4, but between 2 and 4 it was only for night time use....she is healthy and has great teeth, sleeps very well 12 hours. DS doesn't like anything plastic in his mouth!!!!

Aaahhhh my paed said that basically I am at DS's beck and call for at least 3 months. I am demand feeding, at night it is every three hours both sides with nappy change in the middle to wake him up. He is now having wake times in the morning and afternoon for a few hours - is grizzly to put back to sleep so I encourage sleep via the boob - oh well!
    I am currently feeding through mastitus and on anitibiotics, I have sore nipples too but his attachment is poor to medium due to slight tongue tiedness and me being lazy........ doh!!!
    Hope everyone is travelling well.

PStttt to those with more than one, boy we need to be organised don't we! and my daughter is 4 and half and goes to kindy twice a week.......

What is tongue tied-ness? How can you tell your baby has it?
    (I know any poor attachment is when I don't pay attention though...it's fine when I'm looking )

HI Ladies

WEll I have have had two major firsts this morning - I expressed milk for the first time, can you believe it has taken me this long to get round to doing it (Rylee is 8 weeks today!) and then Rylee took the bottle - last time when I tried her with formula she refused it but this time with the expressed milk she gulped it down. Aside from that she has been pretty grizzly all day but never mind.

Not much else to report. I can hear her screaming in the background, better get back to it.

Lots of vibes for happy babies!!!

Laurin

Sharleen ...I love it. Im gonna call you it from now on.
    Oh god elephant has started again. She just doesn't want her sleep this morning
    BBL

Charli - I was wondering if Charli was your full name. I'll get confused if I start calling you Sharleen ... baby brain

Laurin - that's great that you were able to express and also that Rylee took to it Congrats!

Had another crap night. Started off well, then the little monster woke at 4.30am and didn't want to sleep in her cot. I was desperate to get some sleep so I put her in the bouncer in our room and she slept till 7am. Don't want to encourage that though. I think she might feel the cot is too big and wants some comfort, any suggestions on what to do there? I've put an unwashed shirt of mine in the cot so she can smell me, but that hasn't worked. She hates being wrapped and doesn't like the sheet over her either

Hello everyone.
    There are just so many posts I haven't got the patient today to go over them all....Sorry but I do love you all.
    Ive decided I might look into going to see a councillor. I dont feel like im coping well. Dont get me wrong, i have fantastic days then I just flat line and want to cry or scream. Im scared that im going to take it out on the kids so it time I pull finger out of my bum and do something about it. I was never like this with the boys. I don't know what's changed. Thanks for that guys, I cant really discuss it with my mum cause shes old school - women dont suffer from this or that. etc. Dont want to stress Jed out but he seems to make it harder for me sometimes. Ahhhh I'll get over it.
    Thanks again for listening.
    Try and have a fantastic day EVERYONE
    going for some time out
    xxmaz
    just realised my baby girl is 2 months tomorrow...were the hell has the time gone?

maz hope everything is ok with you. A counsellor sounds good. You'll be able to get things off your chest then.

Forgot to mention that Nina is now holding things!!!! She started yesterday and just now she took her dummy out of her mouth and held onto it for a couple of seconds. Then she dropped it and got the *hits cause it wasn't in her mouth lol

:hugs: Maz

Sharleen ~~ you know I am going to get confused too LOL

well I hate to say but I had a good night he fed at 8.30pm but woke at 10.30pm wanting more so I gave him 60ml he scoffed it down in the end between 10.30pm and 11.45pm he had 3 60ml bottles, he then slept till 2.30am but he went straight back to sleep got up at 3.30am for a feed and WOOOO went back to bed he slept till 7.30am when jase who is being bad and playing hookie today got up fed him and he is now back down again WOOOOO (9.20am)

maz- Sounds like a good idea to see someone before things get on top of you too much. I think your doing an amazing job, I find it hard with just bubs but you also have two young children to chase after, I don't know how you do it!

jodi_lee- Its always so exciting when out little ones do things for the first time, you can be having a bad day and then they do something and you forget all the bad stuff.
    I'm not sure what you can do about the cot situation, I say just do whatever helps you get thru each day and if the bouncer works, use it.

Charli/ Sharleen- You've got me very curious about the misuse of your name.

Laurin- Ah I am so jealous of you, Ashleigh flat out refuses the bottle, your so lucky Rylee took to it so well.

Magic- If your happy feeding bubs to sleep then I wouldn't worry too much, I think I'll be at Ashleigh's beck and call for a few months, she feeds every 2.5 hours in the day and seeing as she refuses the bottle, I'm stuck tied to her til she'll drink from a sippy cup or something!

Nelle- Is River's cold improving? You poor things, I hope you are getting some rest and not staying awake worrying all the time.

Well not much to report here, just no luck still with the bottle of expressed milk, I'm starting to think I should give up trying as we both end up in tears. Ashleigh just gets nearly hysterical and even has tears. Df said I didn't know babies had tears and I said its prolly cause she's never had reason to cry like that before. I feel so guilty for upsetting her that much. I guess its the trade off cause she took to BFing so well, we had no probs with that she took to it the minute she was born!

Maz - Sending you big hugs! If you ever wanna chat, feel free to pick up the phone and call me.

ShellBell - Bummer that Ashleigh wont take the bottle - it's sad when you see tears on bubbas. Hugs to you too!

Sharleen - Love your real name!

Jodi-Lee - WTG with Nina holding her duumy for a little bit!!!! Clever little chicken.

OK, most of your bubs are probably already doing this as Xander is a little behind due to his shortened left neck muscle... but this morning he finally held his head up properly!!!!! I'm just so excited about it as it means the exercises we've been doing with him are working.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast