Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #32

Default Babies Born September 2007 #32

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your-baby-toddler-baby-buddies/68629-babies-born-september-2007-31-a.html

hey everyone..
    had a shocker of a night ive had about 3 hours sleep.. this morning i just let asha scream for about half an hour i just couldnt get up.. i feel bad about it but i just couldnt bring myself to go over to her cot because i was mad at her and had put her there earlier because she was laying in bed pulling my hair and smacking me in the face grrrr.. i know i am a bad mum and i know dp thinks it too when he comes in and i am only just getting her out of the cot after shes been screaming but ive just got nothing in me after that much sleep.. then i had her in bed with me after her bottle and i almost had her asleep and dp rings because his card was declined at the servo and he needs me to transfer money coz hes already put petroll in ughhh so now asha wont go back to sleep coz that woke her up..
    shes been really difficult lately not interested in an afternoon nap anymore either but she gets really grumpy and wingy but nothing i do will put her to sleep.. on top of that shes about to grow out of her bouncer and thats the only place i can get her to have a morning sleep
    i did read the last thread but i cant remember much of it lol..
    strip washing is when you put your nappies in the wash and you use a small amount of dishwashing detergent in a hot or warm wash and do a couple of extra rinces at the end to get the bubbles out.. idk about clothes and stuff but my nappies came out smelling new again and they werent smelling overly pleasant i must say!!
    sherie- i cant find the lint filter when shes not here because well someones always here! she works night shift so is here during the day and imagine if she woke up to me riffling through her stuff lol my dads home in the evening and he dosnt wanna be involved and i am sure wouldnt let me search for it either so i am kinda stuck.. it all came after a big power bill but the thing is wed hardly used the drier shes just crazy.. i had no idea about the family tax things at the end of the year.. when you say debtdo you mean tax debt?

morning everyone
    thankyou for all of your thoughts Unfortunately we had to put Chloe down last night
    The vet believed she had pancreatic cancer and was very anaemic. He didn't think she would last throughout the night anyway. We all got to give her a cuddle and tell her how much we love her. My DH stayed with her and stroked her ears. It was so sad walking out to the kitchen this morning and not seeing her there waiting for us.

noni - sorry you had such a bad night last night. Don't feel guilty - i know i have been there before when Hannah was having horrible nights. I hope you can catch up on some sleep tonight.

Morning Girls,

Jazmum- I am so sorry for the loss of Chole
    Noni- Your a great mum and there is nothing wrong with letting them cry for a while. Sorry to hear you had a bad night must have been something in the air. For a change it was me who could not sleep. Went to bed at 2am and woke up at 6 am. Any way keep your chin up your doing a great job.

Well no poo yesterday hopefully one today...

Awww Jaz, I'm so sorry hun How are the girls handling it? I know what you mean about it being strange not seeing them there - my dog ahd tetanus a few years back and spent a few weeks at the vets and it wasn't right to go outside and not see her.

Noni, it happens to us all - there were a few times when Alister was at his worst during the night when I could have just left him to cry for a while. Not sure what you can do about the day sleeps though. With the family assistance thing, its not a tax debt, its if you get a FTB overpayment if you had underestimated your income for the year and were paid for FTB than you were entitled. If you didn't over-estimate your income and therefore have no 'debt' with them, then they pay you the supplement amount as a little bonus - which is basically part of your FTB payment anyway, but they withhold it JIC you do get a debt you aren't out of pocket as much having to pay it back kwim? And if you over-estimated your income for the year, you also get a top up payment because they didn't pay you enough FTB, so sometimes it can work out to be a lot. I am hanging out for it this year LMAO because we need a new stove and a new washing machine.

Leanne, I hope Jordy has a good day today

Well something has made Alister's eczema flare up again. I noticed it when he was in the bath last night and he hasn't had it for months. I had to put cream on it and I can't remember the last time I had to do that. I have no idea what it could be either because nothing has changed in his diet at all or even what I wash his clothes in hasn't changed either. It doesn't seem to be bothering him though.

grrr so asha goes to sleep just after ive had a v to wake myself up so i can look after her!!!
    application for a house is going in this morning though apparantly the owner of this particular house is quite fussy because it was trashed by previous tenants so not sure how much chance we really have...
    sherie - ohhh cool i think/hope we have over estimated because its hard to tell with dp working casual and a few different jobs. but they had an estimate for me too because i was recieving parenting payment but am not now because of dps new job so will be interesting! i wanna buy asha one of those little fold out lounges to sleep on during the day because i know she wont go to bed but have managed to get her to sleep on one of those at a friends place before.. problem is if we dont move there is no where here i can put one
    leanne - fingers crossed jordy poos today! ashas havin a bit of trouble atm too
    jazmum - sorry to hear about chloe, glad you got to give her some nice cuddles though.

Sherie- Bummer on ecemza flaring up again.
    Noni- I hope your day turns out to be wonderful..

Jazmum - Oh I'm so sorry, your post has made me all teary. Love the pic, she was a gorgeous dog. Very very sad.

Noni - You are a great mum, its the lack of sleep that does it. I so know what you mean, I've been there, I would say the majority of mummy's have had times where they feel like a bad mum. I'm having a bad mum day today as well after a bad night. I just cant seem to figure out whats wrong with Maddie. & I can admit to letting her whinge for a bit in the hope that she drops off back to sleep. Lol so we are all in the same boat! We have over estimated our income as well so we dont get caught out. I always get caught out at the shops, sometimes I forget that a direct debit has come out & also my DP has a naughty habit of transferring all our 'spending money' into the home loan account to reduce the interest and he doesnt tell me. So I end up with a red face in coles lol.

Trillian - I wonder whats flared up Alister's excema? Maybe they just go through stages with it? Maddie's has seemed to have gone away now as well, with the minor flare up now and then. I'm scared when we start swimming lessons the chlorine might affect it.

Leemar - Hope Jordy is feeling better soon, sounds horrible.

jaz- big hugs to you today honey i'm so so sorry about chloe. she was such a pretty girl, i just saw her in your ticker.
    i had a black labrador named Vader and he got hit by a car when i was first pg and i was absolutely devestated. i had to have 2 days off work cos everytime someone looked at me i burst into tears. they're so much a part of your family aren't they? i hope the girls are doing ok

JaZaH, so sorry to hear about Chloe, hope you and your family are o.k

Leemar, hope that Jordy goes #2's today and you get a better nights sleep

Sherie, I think I have a daredevil in the making too. W was on the couch after bathtime and wanted to see something on the wall so he grabbed the top of the couch and walked his feet up the cushion until his legs were perpendicular with the back of the sofa, his little bum dangling in mid air LOL. Maybe we could train them up and go on tour and make some serious stage-mum cash!

MD, yip the petrol in NZ is about $2.03 per litre, it is around $2.13 here because we are more isolated. I didn't think it was affecting me much but I just worked out that it costs about $10 petrol to go to the next town for playcentre

Noni, I have been leaving W to grumble a bit at night too, sometimes he won't drink but wants to play with my nipple (read scratch and yank) so I roll over and leave him to it. Last night I woke up when he hit his head on the wall LOL, luckily he was half asleep and didn't realise what had happened. Bummer about Asha outgrowing her bouncer. Ours is in the lounge blocking some cables, I have sat him in it but he looks massive in there now.

I think I can see the tooth nearly through that has been bothering him. I hope so, lately he has been tossing and turning and grumbling from about 2am = not much sleep for me. I forgot to give him the weleda powder the other night and he did it from 10pm so it must work a bit. Last night I dosed him with nurofen before bed and again when he woke at 2 and it was a lot better but I don't like to do that often.

It is amazing how quickly they learn things, yesterday I put the remote on his little ride on car while we were pushing it around and then today he had the remote and went over to the car and put it on the seat to take it for a ride lol. He is so cute. He looooves his books at the moment and is always going over and picking one out for us to read. I think it is mainly because he likes to turn the pages though.
    Last edited by Artechim; June 13th, 2008 at 06:42 AM.

finally got a look in ashas mouth today and can see the white of the top two teeth so that must be it!!
    i cant believe ashas birthday is only 3mths away lol i am so excited about her party!! i bought a candle for her cake today lol because i saw it when i was out and its just perfect and there was only one lol.. dp will think i am crazy but hey it was only 2 bucks.. its a number 1 and the outline is white and its painted on the inside pink with dark pink flowers at the bottom. will go nicely on the butterfly cake i think i think its gonna be kinda gardeny themed? since we will be outside (weather permitting)
    arte - asha fell off the bed this morning, head first i caught her foot just before her head hit the ground and puller her up by the legs lol.. that was changing her nappy though not sleeping. thats so cute with the remote control he sure does sound like a clever cookie!!
    haley - direct debits are my pet hate!!! i try very hard not to sign up to anything direct debit anymore because it always comes out at the wrong time!!

Noni - Oh wow hope those two teethies come through quickly. Thats why she gave you such a rough night!

Arte - Will sounds so grown up!! I agree it is amazing how fast they learn.

hello everyone quiet in here today
    another shocker here asha woke up 12:30 screaming n wouldnt stop for 1 hour so i took her to the lounge room n gave her panadol n put her in her bouncer n she slept on and off watching tv and then 4am she started screaming again and i gave her nurofen n she slept but was tossing and turning so i couldnt sleep coz she was in bed with me then shewoke up at 7am for her bottle and after that she cried for an hour and half until i gave in and got up

morning
    noni- you poor luv Hannah was the same last night - the poor thing is so stuffed up in her nose and is coughing up phlegm as well. I noticed last night that she has her top teeth coming through as well. We were both watching Hi5 at around midnight last night. sounds like we could have jumped on here for a chat!!! Hope you have a better day today.
    Gracie - sorry you lost your furbaby too do you still get upset when you think about him, or do you remember the good times happily. I'm getting Chloe cremated and her ashes returned to us, so we're going to scatter them somewhere special. I'm looking into getting a special memorial rock too that we can keep in the garden.
    arte - Will sounds so clever. (he'll be reading soon if you're not careful lol)
    sherie - how is Alister's eczema today? have you been anywhere different over the past few days? The girls are taking Chloe's death incredibly well. I'm not sure they get it.
    Leanne - i hope Jordy's is going ok.
    Cally - How is Katie going today- has she managed to do a poo yet?

Are any of you on Facebook? I've just started getting into it and need some more friends lol.
    Last edited by Patooties; June 13th, 2008 at 11:38 AM.

hi jaz- that sounds like a beautiful idea to do that with chloe's ashes. yes i still get upset when i think about Vader. i was looking through some photos of him the other day actually and i got all teary. i try to think of him in a positive way though because i know he absolutely loved his life with us and loved living here. we rescued him from a guy who didn't want him and paid him no attention and then he came here and was absolutely spoilt so i feel good about that. he is buried in our back garden and the people who lived here before us also buried their beloved dog sasha here too so we actually have 2 dog graves here (it's an acre so they're quite spread out!)
    i'm on facebook. pm me your details and i'll add you as a friend

noni- sorry you're having such a hard time. do you ever put asha in bed with you just so you can cuddle up together and get a bit more sleep?

JaZah, I just joined Facebook too and I have no friends LOL I will send you my details (I think you need name and email?)

Gracie, I will send it to you too, if you both add me then I will double in popularity LOL

Hi Girls,

Jazmum- Im on facebook too.

Well still no poo.. I was thinking maybe if you get your whole bowel cleaned out it may take a while for food to break down into poo.... (just a thought)

Hoping for a poo from Jordy today

Leemar - If no poo today will you have to take him back to the doctor?

Jazmum - Cremating Chloe is a lovely idea. I like the memorial stone for the garden too.

Noni - Sorry to hear you had a shocker of a night. Hope those teeth make some progress today so that you can have a decent sleep tonight.

Gracie - It sounds like you live on a lovely property! So lucky. How far are you from the city? My parents are in the process of buying 40 acres of land with a river running through it. Its not my cup of tea but they love it!!!

I'm on FB too if anyone wants my details let me know.

I dont know whether to take Maddie to the doctor today or not. She slept well last night, (thank goodness because I needed a decent sleep after nights of broken sleep) however this morning she has woken up with a congested sounding chest and a husky voice. Her nose is running like a tap again too. I'm just worried about chest infections. She is happy as usual and chowing down her milk & weetbix. I'm going to watch her for a bit and see how she goes.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast