Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #34

Default Babies Born September 2007 #34

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-33-a.html

Hi Girls!

Wowsers loads of posts today!!

I have been skimming, but have been trying hard to resist the urge to post until i had done one page of editing....so here i am!

Noni: good luck for the PL. consolidating makes it so much easier i reckon. and the less stress the better.

mmmm spinach and ricotta canneloni..mmmmm.... if it means anything to you, Leila quite likes ricotta. especially baked. so hopefully it will go down a treat! wish i could come over and eat some too!

Renee: glad that there isnt any major infection happening. it's so heartbreaking when they are sick...all that snot spread and dried across their face...awwww!

MM: poor maddie! give her a for me. leila has also been finding really difficult to shake her cough. i am tempted to go the GP, but i just dont think there is anything he could do. it doesnt sound bad enough to be bronchitis or croup or anything, but then again, i have never really heard a bronchy cough before...oohhh i hate not knowing!

oh no! now i cant remember what i was going to write!! i forgot what you girls have written! ggrrr, i have the memory of a goldfish!

anway i'll BBL after i have done a re-read!

hello lovelies

wrote a big post this morning and then lost it ggrrr
    so this one is going to be quick

covershoot went very well thank you everyone. arte- no demands for green m & ms just yet you crack me up!
    basically he's on the front page of the fathers day catalogue with a mum and dad. they're standing next to/sitting on a big double bed and the mum is holding lewis. won't be out for a while yet though.

hope everyone is having a lovely day
    bbl xox

You're a hot mumma, why didn't YOU get to be the mum? Can't wait to see the big L man as cover boy. i had a good laugh about the green M&M's too!

Our two kelpies are knotted on the back of the ute. I am a bit excited, i love puppies. 63 days and counting. Dont you wish our gestation was 63 days?!

ange- will you keep any of the puppies?

We will prob end up keeping one or two though. We will keep them all for a while, DH and i will train them up a bit and them sell them to farmers for work. Although i think Dad wants one for a pet, as our old dog had to go to doggie heaven recently.
    We already have 4 dogs so can't keep too many!

Hello ladies..........thanks to Art I have found you guys again. Thanks for the PM dear !! For some reason I thought things changed to the blog thingo........Anyway a quick update on us.

Hamish is doing really well, crawling around everyone and is just a joy each and every day. Im really enjoying being a mum and regretfully have returned to work 2 days a week.

We have had a few hurdles with Hamish's health but we are staying positive that things will be ok in the long run.

Good to see you ladies are still all together and just as chatty as ever. Not sure if I'll get back to posting regularly again, as keeping up with the pace of this thread makes my head spin - lol.

Im off to read some of the past threads to see how you are all doing. How quick are the kidlets growing - almost one !!!

Take care,

Cindy

joel's girl- hello and welcome back. glad to hear hamish is doing so well.

ange- awww sounds like your dad definitely needs a puppy. i would find it so hard to part with them all.

i entered a pic of lewis and my dog spooky in the baby of the month comp

is md still at sleep school? i wonder how she is going??

Hi everyone
    i'm having so much trouble keeping up, so please forgive my lack of personals.
    Joel's girl - so great to hear from you. I'm so glad that everything is going well for you, Joel and Hamish
    Rain - I have an inkling - and i can't wait for your news. I'll keep my eye open for all the catalogues with the gorgeous L in them.

Sounds like all of our wonderfully clever and cute little bubbas are doing lots of gorgeous new tricks. Hannah has a couple:
    - she pulls the clothes out of the dryer while i'm trying to put them in
    - holds the tv remote and points it at the tv
    - tries to brush her hair with the hairbrush.
    i leave her monitor on the floor when she is asleep (so i don't hear her music) and if i'm not quick enough to put it up high, she races over and pulls the plug out of the back and puts the cord in her mouth. Out of curiousity i put my tongue on it and got a buzz!!! A mini electric shock! Aren't i a bad mother

J and Z were eating cheerios today, and Hannah wanted some, so i peeled off the skin and gave her one. She loved it!

anyway, i'm going to try so hard to keep up with you all.
    sweet dreams.

Leanne, hope all is going well with the party preparation, the boys (and their mum lol) must be really excited now

Ange, yay for puppies. My mum has border collies and is planning a litter for early next year. So cute. Mum has 8 and is planning to keep one of the pups too.

Joel's Girl, welcome back . Don't worry if you can't keep up with personals, we are a chatty bunch.

MD, hope you are back soon so we can hear (Mrs?) Rainy's secret!!!

OK, I try not to judge how other people raise their kids- I know I am not perfect, but I thought this rated a mention. At playcenter the other day we were having morning tea and I saw what one of the ladies was giving her 10 month old - chocolate buttons, pretzels and an LCM bar! This boy is only 2 weeks older than W, seemed like a lot of junk to be feeding a little boy.

Arte - that does sound like a lot of junk. And what about the salt on the pretzels, yuck! Why not a chunk of pear or banana? K seems to turn the pages with both hands. DH thinks she will be right handed, but I think she chops and changes.

JG - welcome back. Don't worry if you can't keep up, just pop in and let us know how you are going every now and then - same to the rest of you out there (Ella, SupaB....)

Leanne - good luck with the party this weekend. Hope you have good weather for it.

Jazmum - aren't cheerios a cereal? What is the skin on them?

I confirmed my return to work with HR with week - Sept 23, looming up dark and large in the calendar!! I told DH I wanted to get a housecleaner when I go back but he doesn't want to. I said that he has to sweep/vacuum and mop the floors every week then - I don't mind doing all the housecleaning now while I have a bit more time, but if we are both working fulltime I'm not doing it all. It always used to be his job, but he would just do a 'light clean' (ie vacuum only and not even the bathrooms and no mopping) fortnightly! (That makes it sound like our house was disgusting....)

Hayley - isn't that taste website great? I've found heaps of yummy things on there.

Noni - good luck with the loan.

Renee - that wasn't much warning for DH going away!! I'm sure the week will pass very quickly for you though (fingers crossed it does)

hey everyone
    wow i am so not keeping up atm lol i had no idea how much effort it took to look after a whole house lol now i feel kinda slack for how lazy i have been at previous places that werent mine!!
    how much are all the other bubs eating? asha seems to eat all day long!! she shares my toast (she cant bare to see someone else eat and not have some) she eats one and a half weet bix with fruit, milk and water,then she will have a small snack like fruit or a cheese stick, then lunch sometimes finger food like chicken chippies or a sandwhich or if we are out she eats a mini sub from subway lol occassionally she will have a jar or something and then if i am eating in the afternoon she wants some of that like cheese n biscuits or vegemite sandwhich or toast and then theres dinner which is rice pudding or meat n veg or something like that sometimes followed by a custard!!! shes such a piggy shes still having generally 3-4 bottles a day with all that and has actually lost weight!!
    ummmm... oh the washing machine is a dream lol i just keep washing coz i love how clean things come out!! it has all these different wash cycles which is great n my nappies come out cleaner than i have ever seen them before!! cant believe how excited i am over a washing machine such the domestic lol...
    oh we got pre approved for our loan too just needa fax them all the details like pay slips and bank statements to prove that what i said was true so fingers crossed all keeps going well and we wont have to re register the other car thats about to die lol... the person who hit dp is still not answering his calls so looks like we might haveto take legal action to get that money though the guy dp hit as a result had insurance so hopefully they have some claim open now that we can just jump on lol.. the car isnt worth much so its gonna be a right off but its 1-2k that we can chuck back on the loan and it all helps...

jazmum - what do u mean the skin? i thought cheerios were like a cereal? how cute she points the remote at the tv and brushes her hair with a brush!! do u think thats down to having sisters?
    rain - i think i missed alot there lol green mnms? and what catologue should i be looking out for with the handsome L on the cover??
    joels girl - welcome back hope everything goes well with the health hurdles!! dnt worry if u cant keep up with the thread its great to see you popping in and letting us all know how ur going
    ange - i am a sucker for puppies lol ooooh puppies!! i am not allowed to go near them haha because i always want them but then someone else ends up stuck with all the work because i get lazy i'm such a child!!
    cassius - we arent completely consolidating but taking the credit card down from a shocking 8000 to 3000 we will probably pay about 6000 on it and have 2000 owing and 1000 available for now.. its the only chance we really have to wipe some of that debt though and the minimum payment is so much atm it works out the same to actually pay a chunk off or just keep paying the minimum payment and not pay any off!!
    hello to everyone else sorry ive been so slack keeping up will try harder!!!

Cheerios are those little red saveloy things that you have at kids parties (as well as a cereal). In NZ they make purple coloured ones called Purple-oo's LOL

Good morning everyone
    arte - that does seem like alot of junk food for a bub. Just saw you posted re - the cheerios - maybe in other parts of the country they are called mini frankfurts. I recall them being called 'little boys' which is a tad off.
    cally - i think it's a fair call that you get a housecleaner when you go back to work. At least that way you'll be able to devote more time to relaxing on the weekends.
    noni - fantastic that you're in love with your washing machine!!! I do at least 2 loads each day. You should see the pile of clothes in the laundry that need to be sorted and ironed.
    My sister is going for her 20 week scan this morning. I am so nervous for her. Her fiance isn't able to go with her so she is there by herself. She is going to find out the sex if she can, so i can start buying her presents. I can't wait to be an aunty!!

what is everybody up to today?

in fear of sounding dumb i still dont get it lol.. saveloy?? confused!!!

noni - they are the little red sausages that you often eat at parties. You buy them in the deli section

We call them little boys doodles.

Today - about to hang out the washing, go for a walk with DD, MIL is coming around for lunch (toasted sandwiches, very exotic) and that is all I have planned.

I think DH wants to see how much childcare costs and the mortgage when we have to refinance when the fixed period ends. He also hates paying people to do things he can do (no good though if he doesn't do them). Also saving up for a new car. He has Scottish heritage......

Noni, a saveloy is the red sausage thing you would find in an american hotdog (one with bun). Cheerios are the mini version of them. You must call them something wrong down south, because obviously NZ and QLD have it right LOL

Yuck, W was just splashing in the dog water.

ETA 'little boys' is just yuck!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast