Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies born ~ March 1-15 2010 # 3

Is anyone elses bub still waking in the night for a feed????? Tell me I'm not the only one who's bubba still doesn't sleep through!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roxxie View Post
    I am still amazed that we created this little person.
    Exactly what you said!!

Well Lenny wakes up at about 11pm, 1am, 3 am, 5 am, then up at 6.30 am for the day. I get about zilch sleep when I work that night. Today I am ready to crack it! ahhhhhhhhh

Hello All

Squid - my heart goes out to you and your little boy!! Wish you had an answer.

My little Sophie is a cheeky one! So sweet. Loves kisses and cuddles but also loves to be naughty!! She will test me every step of the way....should be fun at 13!!!

She is very mobile and just like you all mentioned - it is crazy at this age as they have no sense of danger so you need to be on constant guard! After 18mths, it gets better. Today I found Sophie standing on the computer desk - so scales things!

She is beginning to speak well - into that phase where new words are coming out daily - her favourites are puppy, truck, bye, hi, hello, football, car - as she can use these all the time. She spun me out last week when she said muesli bar!!!

She, however, is still a very poor sleeper. Glad to hear I am not alone. She has never slept through. In fact she has never slept longer than four hours overnight! Generally she wakes between 6 and 8 times a night.

For the last three nights, I have moved her out of bed with me to a matress on the floor next to my bed and stopped feeding her overnight (I have been attempting this for over 8 weeks now) and this seems to have helped a bit. It has been more like 4 wakes - but I am not counting my chickens yet. I just keep hoping for the day I will ever get some sleep again!!!

She only has 1 day sleep - at around noon for 1hr max. Keeping this short seems to help her sleep at night. I think her day sleep will be gone by 18mths. She just doesn't seem to need it. My son dropped his day sleep by 2 but I think Soph will be even sooner. Maybe she will sleep at night then!!

I am still feeding her once a day (well for the last 7 days - I haven't been feeding her overnight too) just before she goes to sleep. She is not quite ready to drop this feed but I would really like to be done by 18mths. This is when my son stopped of his own accord - so I am hoping Soph does soon too.

I am such a softy with my kids - I always respond to their cries...people keep telling me I am exacerbating the problems with their sleep by doing so but it just seems cruel to let them cry. So fingers crossed sleep comes soon.

Sophie is starting daycare 1 day a week next week - nervous about it but I am sure she will be okay.

Hope you are all well...hardly get time to get on her these days with work and two bubs!!! Spare time is a rarity!!

Hi Ladies

I cant beleive you have been on here and for some reason i wasnt getting notifications.. Grrr..

Anyway an update on Ciaran and us.
    He is just short of 15months now and I was so happy to read all of your news to hear im not the only one still B/F at night! Mostly he only feeds once (after i go to bed) but when teething (which is alot lately) its more like 3 feeds a night as comfort for those sore gums. I did aware parent him back to sleep for a while but found the crying/noise was keeping me awake so now just give him the boob so I can sleep!

Being back at work (my old job) 2 days, and working on my business 2-3 days a week Im really needing my sleep these days. My mother in law looks after him these days and she is fabulous... saves me doing all the 'getting ready for daycare stuff' so i can just getup and leave early, or work on my business then leave knowing he is taken care of. Such a blessing - yes I know how lucky I am! I also think its great for Ciaran as he regularly has 4 of us here (michaels dad is usually here a few days a week) caring for him, which gives us all a bit of a break and Ciaran a great variety of stimulation and learning opportunities (they say it takes 3.78 adults to raise a child, and I can see why!).

Ciaran has never been huge on food but since im back at work and away during the day alot more now he is eating more and BF less - mostly a breafast feed and dinner feed before the evening routine kicks in. However I find if Im home he will ask for it at least 1-2 times a day extra (m/tea, lunch or arvo tea) by pulling at my top, jumping up and down in my lap and making the excited boobie noises! So cute and hard to resist.

Re sleeps - he stil has 2 sleeps most days, usually mid morning for 1hr or so, and then lunch time for about 1.5 hrs occasionally 2hrs. At night he tends to go to bed around 6.30/7pm and sleeps for 12hrs. Occasionally he will go to bed earlier than that if its been a super big day!.

We are still co-sleeping and he sleeps on a matress next to our bed during the day. I wonder if this is why he has also never 'slept thru' having boob on tap and us with him, but Ive adjusted my expectations and its no big deal anymore.

He has been walking for 6wks and motors around the place - can also reach higher on the benches every day and climb better too.We recently found him sitting on the couch with a book of his, just waiting for someone to come and read to him! He is a super intelligent little man and seems to pick things up so quickly. It also amazes me how much he understands so we like to give him choice eg. Who do you want to put you to bed? Do you want to come up the shops with me or stay home with Grand-da? (to which he promptly walks up to the garage and waits for me!!)

There is alot more talk happening these days too - he can say things much more clearly. Da-Da has progressed to Daddy, Nana, he says Granda (sounds like Gunda), our dog Jasper, mumma of course, ka, baba for bath... and the list goes on.

It is such a lovely age now (since probably 9/10months Ive been really loving the interactions).

Im finding the urge for another baby very strong lately (more physically - like its my body demanding it, than emotionally as Im loving having just one at the moment), but we plan to wait until he is 2yrs before getting on that wagon again.. hopefully all will go to plan so we can get our finances back on track and also have a nice spacing between them. How are you all faring with this? I realise some of you already have several other children so prob arent planning anymore!

Ok, thats prob enough from me for now.

Love n Hugs, Bree xxx

hello ladies. Well Robert is not well again. He had a bit of a dry cough this morning but it's gotten worse this afternoon. He's off his food so DH just gave him a bottle and has put him to bed and by the sounds of silence he's out to it! When he coughs he goes all red in the face and his eyes water and it's just awful.

I've put the vaporiser on and I also gave him a couple of puffs of his ventolin (which seemed to help).

I've googled "whooping cough" and trying not to get paranoid. The symptoms are: red watery eyes, dry cough, slight temp, runny nose, sneezing.... check! check! check! He has been immunised (except for the final chickenpox) so he should be okay. I think I'll keep an eye on him tonight and see how we go.

My poor little poppit!!

Cass,

Lacie has had something very similar lately. She has had the dry cough for a couple of weeks, but it's really ramped up the last couple of days. She also has the watery eyes etc and has had a couple of bouts of coughing where she just can't catch her breath. I don't think it's whooping cough, that has a fairly distinctive noise at the end of the coughing fits. You could probably find a sound example on youtube or something if you haven't heard it before.

Discovered with Lacie as well when she is cold it's worse. Even if the room is warm, sometimes when she has the coughing fits the skin on her back and stomach are really cool and by putting another layer on the coughing stops.

Hope Robert gets better soon xx

Your right Roxxie - whooping cough has a very distinctive sound. Also just b/c you are immunised against it is no guarantee that you wont catch it..

Cheers, Bree

Well both the boys are sick here. Lenny is extremely sick and has had temps since Friday morning and having panadol every 6 hours since then!
    He isn't smiling or his usual self and is just crying and crying. Also coughing here too and the panadol has given him diarrhea.

He also has 3 molars now which have cut through and pretty much all the teeth between them have cut through, he has a whole mouthful of teeth now.
    Finally walking now, still crawls sometimes if he is in a hurry lol.

Just so so so tired right now. I am finding it hard and just wanting him to sleep through at least for 3/4 hrs a night.

Wow must be the time for it huh? Peppar is sick too Lovely thick green snotty nose, grizzly, grumpy, the awesome cough that everyone else seems to have and then just for good measure an ear infection!

She is coming through the otherside now we are getting the antibiotics into her. We have more moments of normal Peppar as opposed to the sick one.

Wow Deedles a whole mouth full?? I was jus thinking this morning when is this girl going to get more teeth? She only has 6, 4 on the top and 2 down bottom.
    She certainly doesnt seem to suffer for her lack of chompers though. She eats pretty much anything or at least gives it a go thanks to her ever so helpful and sharing brother

She has started running now well kinda like a really fast walk but you can tell she wants to go faster cause she stretches her neck right forward and throws her arms back like she is crossing a finish line or something. SO cute!

I am just going to whisper this part cause I dont want to jinx myself or have you throw stuff at me , but she sleeps 12 hours at night. She loves her own bed so even when she does wake she is happy just to sit in there and talk to herself and play for a bit.
    Still loving her BooBoo too and I am still enjoying it so I cant see us stopping anytime soon.
    She has quite a few words now and her lastest is OUT! either out of her seat or she will stand at the back door and scream OUT at me! Cute for now but ask me again next week when I am sick of hearing it.

Well she is just walked or should I say wafted past me so I guess that is my call.

I hope the sick germs all leave our houses soon and our happy babies are returned. With some longer sleeping habits would be good by the sounds of it!

I feel like the worst mother!!! From the doctors point of view we should have taken Robert to casulty on Sunday night as the poor thing was struggling to breathe. What I thought was a stuffy nose and cough was actually much worse. Here you are thinking you are doing the right thing and you're only making your little one worse. I can only thank God that I had the sense to give him ventolin - although I should have given him more rather than been so hesitent about giving him any at all!!

He's on prednisone (only 1 more dose left for tomorrow) and ventolin (2 puffs every four hours) and he's also on antibiotics to clear up the infection. He's off his food, but the doctor said not to worry about that and just keep offering and as long as he drinks his bottle he can have that as often as he wants.

He's at childcare today and I can keep popping in to make sure he's doing okay. One of the carers has a son who's asthmatic (and has been since babyhood) so I'm quite comfortable leaving him with her. She's under strict instructions to call me if he's distressed or just plain old miserable and I'll take him home. The little bugger was happy to be back there I think! He ran off straight away and was in the thick of it with the other kids and didn't even notice me leaving even though I said goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Feijoa Mum View Post
    I am just going to whisper this part cause I dont want to jinx myself or have you throw stuff at me , but she sleeps 12 hours at night. She loves her own bed so even when she does wake she is happy just to sit in there and talk to herself and play for a bit.
    Oh, I'm forever jinxing us! DH tells me off everytime I say: gosh he's slept through!! Sure as you know what the next night is an all-nighter!!!

Default Time for personals!!

Deedles - you poor thing! Both sick. That has to suck big time!! Hang in there. It's hard and oh, so very tiring with one sick little bub, but two.....

Roxxie - we bought Robert a blanket sleepsuit. He's toasty in that and seems to sleep better. I also make sure his room is at a constant temp of 16 throughout the night. I found if it was any warmer he would wake up hot any colder and he would wake up cold!! Yeah, we googled whooping cough and it sounds just awful. The doctor is thinking Asthma and said we'd have to keep a close eye on him next time he gets a cold (fun!!)

Breesa - Robert is still definately not giving up the bottle feeds overnight and in all honesty if I was still BFing he would be getting overnight feeds anyway. I figure once he's old enough to "sleep through" on a permanent basis well, then we can naturally drop the feed. Isn't it nice to know that there are others out there awake at the same time as you!! We are also still on the two sleeps a day thing. I read an interersting article on the sleep sight about how some bubs don't actually transition to a one sleep a day. Actually your day sounds much like ours - except I more often than not get woken for a feed overnight.

Feijoa Mum - love the words. Yup, they seem pretty cute but I want to know how cute you think it is when she's yelling "out" at you!! A couple of things Robert has done and we think "aaah, too cute" I just know that they aren't going to seem so cute soon. Like him falling over and saying what suspiciously sounded like S--H--I--T .... oops!! No more swearing in our house!

LJ - there is nothing wrong with responding to your baby's cries. I can quite easily leave Robert in his cot if it's clear that he's cranky with me - and goodness does he let me know when he's cranky. If it's an upset cry I'm in there like a flash and giving cuddles and will rock him back to sleep. Oh gawd.... my step-daughter just turned 13 - my heart goes out to you (hehehe!!!)....

Squid - so sorry to hear that Chakotay hasn't been well. He's such a little fighter - has been since he was in his mum's tum. All I can offer you is support and say that we are still here for you whenever you need to vent, ask or just share. He sounds like he's a little pocket rocket just like Robert - he's not 9kg yet either!

Hi Ladies,

just a quick question - what are your little people eating for breakfast? Lacie has really gone off everything for the last 2-3 weeks and I'm struggling to find something she'll eat. She used to have a couple of weetbix or a slice of toast and some fruit but won't touch either of those now. We've tried porridge, muesli, the lumpy farex, yoghurt, different toppings on her toast, different consistencies of weetbix, baby custard... I think that's all. She doesn't seem interested in any of them and its a struggle to get her to eat more than a spoonful. The only thing she has been wanting at breakfast is cheese but I don't feel that its a great idea to have cheese first thing in the day!

She's fine at all her other mealtimes its only breakfast we have an issue with. I've looked in the supermarket for alternatives to try but I really don't want to give her kids cereal like rice bubbles etc as they aren't exactly full of nutrition.

Any suggestions? Hope you're all okay xx

Breakfast ideas hey. Well our boys just eat pretty much what you said you have tried Roxxie!
    Otherwise they LOVE eggs! We have scrambled eggs,Soft boiled eggs with dipping toast, french toast with a teeny bit of honey/golden syrup.
    beans on toast,fruit loaf, smoothies,Banana pikelets. I just use a 99c homebrand pancake mix and cut up a couple of bananas and drizzle with honey.

Breakfast muffins, with vegies and cheese (no oil no sugar ), Oat muffins.

There are some great recipes online and also a FB page with loads of great meal ideas.

Roxie, we are now in the same boat as you!!!

Robert will not eat like he used to. Breakfast was our big success meal of the day: weetbix, pinch some of mum's porridge and some of dad's beans and some toast. It's soooooo frustrating!!! ARGH!! Today he's had hardly anything and it was driving me insane.

I have to share this. I was getting cross with him (okay, completely cross) and so I took his dinner away that he kept spitting out (dinner that he had previously loved). I took him out of his highchair and dumped him on the floor. Anyway, there he was crying and all whiney (like he's been most of the day!!) so I ignored him horrid mother that I am. Well, there I was studiously ignoring him and getting on with tidying up the kitchen when he walks over to me crying and carrying my dressing gown. Aaaaw!!! DH laughed and said, look he's bringing you a peace offering. I sat on the kitchen floor and gave him cuddles and kisses feeling like a complete cow.

So tell me ladies: is it teeth? is he coming down with something? is it a phase?

I read that babies/toddlers will not starve to death and that as long as I keep offering him food at meal times he will eventually eat something ....er, right? He's still on three bottles a day, each 200-250ml (depending on how much he drinks).

Oh Cass you are not a horrid mother! We all know those moments all too well.

Last weekend we had an absolute hell time with Lady P. Grizzly wasnt the word she was a little troll. I was close to losing it many times and ended up dumping her in her bed at the end of my tether.
    Forward an hour or so later and temps of 39.5 I was cuddling and comforting as best as I could feeling so horrible for my behaviour when clearly something else was going on with her.
    Four fricken molars is what was going on!

She was completely off her food and even off booboo for about 3 days, and now after being offered all sorts of "treat food" in and effort to get her to eat something she has developed a very fussy palet.

Jus another one of those delightful stages that are sent to try us. Dont stress too much just offer what you normally do and if he gets hungry enough he will eat it.
    Well thats what I am sticking to for now, I guess its going to be a case of whose got the most staying power

Well Robert is finally back to himself! DH is away this week (he'll be back late Friday night).

Any ideas on what to do about biting? I was told by one of the carers yesterday that Robert seemed to take delight in trying to take a bite out of the other bubs! He hasn't done this at home and, since he's been at childcare has been the victim of a serial biter - I've lost count of the number of forms I've signed because of bites he's had. Could it be that he's finally learnt that biting is "fun"????

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast