Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born ~ March 1-15 2010 # 3

Squid - Best wishes for your little boy!!! Get better quickly Chakatay!!!!

QB - I am so glad to hear that Tobi is such a happy little boy now. And congrats on the weightloss!!! Well Done!!

Deedles - That food pouch may be a good idea for Soph as she won't let me feed her a thing!!

Cass - Go Robert on his clapping!!!

Our update - No teeth!! Bottom teeth v v v close!!

In the last week we have had lots of changes. Soph is clapping now too Robert!!! Still not crawling on hands and knees, rocking back and forth and taken 2 steps (if that's what you call it) then reverted to commando crawling (at quite a pace all over the house now). Soph is also pulling herself to a stand on the couches and walks when you hold her hands. She is so tiny....I am really a bit sad about it. My son didn't do anything like this till he was about ten months....where's my little little baby???

Cass - I have been feeding more like you in the last week (had a good look at the babybliss routines again) and have started Soph on a cup of formula a day. So she is having four feeds in the day and 1 overnight. I am trying to get her feeds down in the day as I have to go back to work in January and want to her to be happily drinking a formula feed in the day and I will still breastfeed morning and night - well that is the plan.

I have also moved to two sleeps per day and she is sleeping a lot longer and is waking less in the early evening. She is still absolutely shocking overnight but we a have a good night sometimes too. I will just keep working on it.

She is such a happy baby - and a very very determined little girl. Let's hope she slows down a little!!!

Can someone please keep my daughter still lol, she is like a super crawler !! 2 bottom teeth as well

oh help, I dont know what to do

Lacie is at childcare 2 days per week and until recently all was ok. About 6 weeks ago she developed a nasty nappy rash which needed medicated cream to clear it up. Then she caught gastro so we had 10 days of explosive poos and vomiting. And now, for the last 3 weeks I have sent her to daycare rash free and on Monday afternoons she comes home a right mess. Last week she came home with 2 bleeding sores on her bottom which took days to fix, I sent her off this morning with a clear bottom and this afternoon her entire groin and bottom are an angry red rash again!

How can it be so bad after 1 day of care?? I just dont understand. I have her the other days and she is fine, but after 1 day with them she's in pain with broken skin and bleeding sores. Do you think they are leaving her in wet nappies? or could she be allergic to their wipes or something? I assumed all their wipes etc would be hypoallergenic but maybe not. they wear gloves to change nappies so maybe they are latex? I know she is allergic to medical tape adhesives but maybe latex is an issue too.

Its breaking my heart to see her coming home everyday injured and in pain, and it must be so uncomfortable for her. she gets really miserable every time it happens, which is understandable.

I just dont know what to do from here. The director is a ditz so I'm not sure if talking to her will help. i cant get her into any other centres as no one has a place, and also Lacie loves the carers there. Any advice?

Lots of love and well wishes to Mr Chakotay and Squid!

Oh Roxxie I know that you said you cant talk to the director but I think the only thing you can do is talk to her daycare carers yourself. Just ask them wether they have noticed Lacie crying when they wipe her bottom and if she does if they have noticed its when they wipe her or where the gloves have touched.
    Just let them know you are concerned about what things may be setting it off.

I talk to DS1's 2 teachers every time I pick them up but never talk to the director. Maybe just chat to them in a friendly way as if your not trying to suggest that they are in the wrong.
    I tried that when DS was having troubles and crying every night before hand as he didn't want to go. I asked them if there was anything I should know and if he is getting along with the other kids. Her reply was, "is there anything going on at home we should know about", so ummm I was not happy about that question at all!
    Why would he cry about going to daycare if he was having trouble at home, I think it would be the other way.
    Anyway, if Lacie loves the carers and you like them too it's worth while just to ask a few questions.
    Last edited by Deedles; November 8th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Roxie that's awful. Does Lacie wear nappies that the centre provides? Could she be allergic? Also at Robert's daycare they write in the book whenever he gets his nappy changed and whether or not it was soiled or just wet.

Thanks Deedles, yeah I will have a chat to them tomorrow when I pick her up. The only thing I can think of is that she's allergic to something. They are a big centre with a good reputation so surely they wouldn't be neglectful at all. Fingers crossed anyway! I hope they are more helpful than the ones you experienced, lol.

Cass - we provide her nappies, but they provide the wipes. They don't put any creams on unless you tell them every morning to put zinc cream on at every nappy change, and sometimes DF forgets to tell them so she goes without cream when the rash is starting and I guess that would make it worse. They do keep a record of nappy changes but you have to ask to see it, and they are usually flat out busy when I get there to pick her up.

Good luck and sending you hugs and support. It's hard enough putting our Bubs in care, it doesn't make it any easier when things aren't so perfect. I hope you find out what isn't liking her delicate little bottom. I agree with Deedles, you should speak with them. Actually they should make the time to speak to you. Hope it goes well. Cass X

Love and support for you all xx

Roxxie = I agree with Cass and Deedles. Talk to the carers. Just politely tell them the issue. Maybe you could supply your wipes and ask them to put cream on every single nappy change and give them a specific frequency for changes and see if this helps. I agree that sudocrem is the very best for rashes - after much trial and error with my son. Let them know that you will need to be checking in with them morning and arvie to see how things are going. My SIL is a carer in childcare and that is certainly nowhere near pushy or annoying after some of the stories she tells. Poor Lacie!!

Squid - Go the armycrawl!!!

Shell - Hannah is so active!!!! Is it tiring her out???

Now that Soph is moving more in the day and I have cut her to two days sleeps - she is sleeping for more like an hour instead of the 20-30 minute catnap....I don't dare dream it will continue!!!

LJ, we are on two sleeps a day here too.

I'm also trying to stick to the babybliss routines. This morning Robert woke at 4 for a BF then it was back to bed but he kept "talking" until 5. I got up, swaddled him (hehehe!! keeps him still!), a quick top-up BF then back into bed. He slept then until 6.45 (when I had to get him up so he could have breakfast and we could go to work). He was making noises so I just went in and opened the blinds and said goodmorning and he was all smiles. Success!!! At the childcare centre this morning they put him down for a sleep just after 9 and he slept for an hour or so and they commented on how happy he was when I went to feed him at 11. They are under strict instructions that the next sleep is between 1 and 3 and I will be back at 3.30 for another feed! By time DH gets home he will most likely have dropped the 3.30 feed which is fine as he will be having half days (going home in the afternoon with daddy while he is on leave).

Happy baby = Happy mummy!!

Thanks girls. I had a chat to the 'team leader' of the babies room today and they do use unscented wipes and latex free gloves. They use sudocrem when needed which is what we use at home. Apparently a lot of the babies have bad nappy rash at the moment after gastro went through the centre, they are giving them all nappy off time whenever possible and they always do 2 hourly nappy changes as well as if they are wet/dirty in between those times. I guess she's just got sensitive skin at the moment from all those explosive poos she was doing lol. Hopefully it passes.

I hope all of you are doing well with your bubs, can't believe how fast time has gone. Being pregnant seems like years ago, when we were all so impatient to have these little bubs and now look! We are amazing, competent mothers hehe.

Hi Roxxie - Glad you talked to them....when my son had gastro recently it burned a little patch of skin and it kept flaring up for 3 or 4 weeks. I just had to keep it well and truly covered with sudocrem or it flared up even if I thought it looked okay. Must hurt!!!

Squid - How's bubs?

Cass - I have just been looking at Soph's routine a bit - thinking about weaning her for work in January from daytime feeds....I have tweaked the routine a little and it seems to be working at the moment. I feed her when she first wakes (5am this morning!!!), then give her breakfast (which is hardly touches but my son did that too). Then I feed her just before she goes back to sleep (usually 9am and sleep at 9.30 but today it was 8.30 as she was up so early). She sleeps anywhere from 30-60mins. I offer a little snack around 10.30 and a formula cup. Then lunch around twelve. Breastfeed at 1pm and back to sleep around 1.30ish. She usually sleeps 45-90mins. Offer a little snack and formula cup when she gets up. Dinner at 5pm. Shower at 6pm. Then breastfeed and bed. She is having one feed overnight usually at around midnight. Overall she is drinking around 100ml of formula a day which is around half a formula feed.

My only concern with this is I don't want her to begin associating being fed with going to sleep so I will have to watch that carefully!

Have a great weekend all!!!

We've cut another tooth!

Robert is well established as a crawling monster now - he's into everything and seems to love his new found freedom. His latest trick now is to stand up in his cot when he wants out.

Go Robert!!!!

Soph is properly crawling now too!!! Thought she would commando forever...but she just started and now she is non-stop too!!

She is getting frustrated though as she wants to be up and walking - hopefully crawling faster will appease her.

Still no teeth here...just red swollen gums...

2 little bottom chompers FINALLY

oh and now says 4 words where is my baby gone

YAY for the new crawlers..look out world!

I spent the wee hours of the morning with a very tired and miserable bub snuggled up on my chest until he finally fell asleep.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast