Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Valentine's Day yesterday and got thoroughly spoiled by your LO's. DH planned to come home early and do a nice dinner and I was doing dessert, but he broke a tooth yesterday morning because of an abcess and we ended up spending the afternoon at the dentist. He's needle phobic and doesn't really like dentist's either, so it's going to mean a general anaesthetic to treat it! Three hours of surgery to fix all his teeth - thank goodness for private health insurance!

Food - B enjoyed Vegemite the first couple of times, but really enjoyed the cream cheese I gave him yesterday. He's been eating HEAPS lately. For lunch he had a cream cheese sandwich (one slice of bread) plus three slices of avo, then a yoghurt, then three slices of pie apple. Dinner - a piece of roast pork (sliced, most ended up on the floor), three sticks of carrot, two brocolli florets, two long sticks of zucchini, two beans, 1/2 small roast potato, a piece of roast sweet potato AND then fruit for dessert! For all that, he is starting to show preferences - he had banana and paw paw pieces for breakky yesterday and wouldn't eat the paw paw until I took the banana away! Cheeky monkey!

Walking - B's record is 4 steps unaided, which he's done a few times. He is much more confident to use his pusher/walker on his own now, but has no steering ability whatsoever - cute!

Sleeping - We cut out his 4am bottle last week and now he sleeps from 7ish to 7ish (still waking at 4:30am to be resettled, but I just give him blankie and dummy and go, takes 1 min).

Teeth - No.s 7 and 8 are close. The dentist gave him baby toothpaste yesterday too!

Marni - woah for 5 teeth in 2 weeks! You must be exhausted!

Sleepy - Hope E's appetite improves!

Tina - Thinking of you with the night sleeps and hope they are improving. Hang in there!

Well, that's B awake and babbling away to blankie and giraffe! Better go be a good mummy

Long time no posts everyone!

Phoenix - Yay for DH and night wake ups! That's a huge thing, not a small one. DH is now fine, but keeps biting his tongue where his tooth used to be! You must be so excited about the house .

AFM - Lots has happened since my last post...

*DS is walking! Two days after my last post he just took off and regularly walks from room to room now. He still wobbles and falls over heaps, but usually gets 4-5m, sometimes lots more! Mummy and Daddy are very proud and so is he - he claps himself and waves his arms around to show it!

*DS got his first ever sickness and is recovering from a cold now. So we've had temps, ruined sleep - day and night, runny nose and the usual cold symptoms. Thank goodness for Panadol and Euky Bearub (and cuddles from Daddy - at least he timed it so the worst of it was on the weekend when Daddy could get up to him every 15 mins )

*Tooth no. 7 arrived about 10 days ago.

*And yesterday he decided that he could pull himself up to standing on his own without using me or the furniture! It's very cute, he gets up on one knee like he's going to propose, lol!

*We finally turned the car seat around on the weekend too but haven't tested it yet as B has been too sick to take anywhere. Hopefully today...

Phew, so much happening!

A question for everyone - is anyone else's little cherub turning into a fussy eater? B has become increasingly picky over the past week. He licks the cream cheese off the toast but won't eat the toast, throws anything over he doesn't like (usually carrot, cauli, potato and fruit pieces atm), won't eat foods he normally LOVES (paw paw, banana, rusks), feeds himself with the spoon or won't accept it at all, but eats pretty much anything if it's on a spoon (so, if I dice/mash the veges or fruit, he LOVES them again, grrr!). Please tell me it's just the sickness and not the fussy toddler eating, it's driving me crazy! Meals are taking 45mins to an hour and most of the food ends up on him, the highchair or the floor!

Would love to hear from everyone else, hint, hint!!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast