Default babies born ~ May 1st-15th 2010 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born May 1st-15th 2010 #1

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Nelle ~ Senior Moderator
    Onyx ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying~ Senior Moderator
    Olive~Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Just subscribing. However I have a very happy bubba here! Hope it continues!!

hi everyone

well we have had a terrible day today May was up at 5:30am and then catnapped and was really unsettled for most of the day hasnt slept any longer then 5-20mins finally went down around 5pm for a decent sleep and still sleeping now.
    i am not sure weather she has started teething as last 2 days has had this redish cheek(which last DD always gets when teething) and really trying to bite on anything she can get her hands on (which i know is also a usual thing for babies this age anyway) DS started teething same age and had teeth by 4 1/2 months so i know it can be possible.
    but then i am not sure if it is a growth spurt as she is feeding alot more then usual anyway so not 100% sure which one it is atm. Hopefully our night isnt the same as today.

Quick question i know alot of you are breastfeeding but just wondering i have had one AF since having M which was last month and am due now well a little over due i think do you think it is normal for it to be abit late after first cycle back? as i have only had one normal cycle since giving birth.
    I guess i am just being to much of a worry wart as i am scared of getting pregnant again its not like we have dtd a whole lot and when we have we have been very careful as we are waiting for the snip to be done and Dp dosent have an appointment till next month earliest he could get we have been waiting 3 months now hopefully we dont have to wait to much longer after the appointment i cant wait till its done so i dont have to worry so much about falling pregnant again.
    i am hoping everytime i go the toilet AF will be here but not yet.
    ok enough babbling from me just needed to ask what you ladies think i cant remeber really after the others whether it was on time after first cycle etc.
    takecare and hope you are all having a great weekend

hi all
    just a quick one as I have a ton of housework to do. Cap, after having A I had 1 period at 4 months and then didn't get another one until she dropped to 2 feeds a day at 12 months. Then I only had 2 which were about 35 days apart and then got preg with E. I wouldn't worry too much, I think if you're bfing they can come and go.

Cap - With Tiana I was breastfeeding and they came back at about 10 weeks and then was regular. However I am sure that it wouldn't be uncommon for it to be out of sorts for a while. Maybe do a test to ease your mind. Stressing about it will hold it off longer!

While on the subject - TMI Warning - The last 24 hours I have had blood tinged CM. Could this be the start of my period again? I thought the first one back was heavy and this is so far not developing into anything? Any ideas?

Morning just quick one from me heaps of stuff to do

May is fully bottle fed so im not to sure but i looked back and it is about a week late i dont think i am as i have always knew when i was with the others if it dosent appear by wednesday i will do a test just to ease my mind.
    Marni it does sound abit like AF could be returning i wish mine would hurry up and come lol.
    anyway have to run do some stuff takecare everyone

Hi All

I haven't had AF as of yet, but i think when they are "due" i get a tiny bit of spotting and that's all. It's happened 3 times since E was born. I got my chocolate craving back, so I think they may be "due" soon again too.

Elijah has been sleeping pretty good at night, still waking for 1 but mostly 2 feeds during the night. He's kinda all over the place sleeping wise during the day too. Depending on what I'm doing during the day. He is drooling alot and sucking on anything that goes near his face. I have had to start putting bibs on him.

I'm glad that the weather is warming up tho. Pitty the rain is spose to be coming back tomorrow. So I better go and get some washing done...hope you're all having a good weekend!

Just a quickie from me. Our computer died so I've had to be computer-less til we got another one. Gee, I didn't realise how much I relied on having a computer, it's been a killer not having one!
    B's night sleeps have been up and down. He was going great, then started waking once or twice and needing resettling, then up to 3 times a night and waking for good at 4am, then back to sleeping for 10-11 hours, then last night he woke twice for resettling. He's wanting longer between day feeds too, and some days is having a 1.5-2.5hour sleep, though not every day. Apart from that, he's doing well - lots of drool and sucking too Sleepy! And yep, he's wearing a bib everywhere too!

No AF here yet either...

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hello quick one from me too, feeling bit yuck and have a fair bit of running around/phone calles etc to do for house today.

No AF back here yet either, though I've had a couple of times I thought it might be making an appearance coz TMI there has been a bit of brown stuff on my undies or toilet paper when I wipe but that's it, back to nothing next time I check

A is out of whack with her day sleeps and is just feral from about 6pm until I get her into bed at about 8.30pm, so now back on the sleep after two hours awake bandwagon starting today - it seemed to work really well for her so will try again for my own sanity if nothing else lol.

Hope everyone is doing well

Hi

Well E is sick He has a cough and a rattley chest. But he doesnt have a runny nose or anything, so I wont take him to the Dr just yet. But if it gets worse I will. He had alot of trouble going to sleep last night, he was a bit raspy too. I gave him some panadol, and he slept untiil 5am. So that was nice.

We had a pretty busy weekend, so i'm quite tired today...and its raining so I think I might have to rest today...nice weather for it too..

Anyway hope you all had a great weekend...

we have just gotten back from a weekend down the gold coast for troys 30th, everyone was happy to see scarlet and hayley, scarlet of course didnt hav her normal routine she went to bed at like 7.30ish both nights and 10,30 fri night cause fri we arrived late, she didnt like the drive down fri but today was good she slept most way home,
    didnt go to bed till late cause we were out and about but she still slept in till like 7am in morning so thats good, glad it didnt stuff that part much.
    was good to see my family i do miss them at times lol, bu gotta come home to the real world lol
    hope eveyrone is well

Morning all.

Jleigh-it does suck not having a computer when something goes wrong. Glad to hear B is doing well.

Pheonix- hope you get the sleeping sorted with A we also have a horrid time from the late afternoon feed till bed time thats M real wake time right when i have to bath kids , cook dinner and everything else so things are busy that time of night for us.

Sleepy- sorry to hear E is sick i hope he is ok.

Traylee- glad you had a good holiday.

We are also getting alot of sucking and drooling but Half the time i have to have a bib on M anyway cause she vomits so much.

weathers terrible here again so not much planned for us today i have to do shopping tommorrow and i bet it is raining everytime i have to shop it rains.
    takecare .

Cap - It always rains when I put washing out! Did you get your period yet?

Traylee - Glad you had a nice time away!

Sleepy- Your poor little bubba, hope he feels better really soon!

JLeigh - My DH broke my laptop a while ago. I made him go out the next day and buy me a new one.

Phoenix - DH home today? Have fun!

Well Miss P has decided that waking only once overnight is not enough! We now have at least 2 wakes for food. She generally settles back to sleep really easily though so I can't complain. I do hope this is only a phase though. We have lots of dribbling and hand sucking here as well.

I can't believe our babies are 4 months now. It is going so fast!

Hhhmmmm. Don't know what happened there.....I was reading and then I was quoting everything that Cap said. Oh well. E slept terrible last night. And he coughs so much he vomits after a feed. I got it all over me' in the middle of the night

Anyway I'll be back a bit later on to reply fully. Lol.
    Last edited by Kass79; August 24th, 2010 at 08:14 AM.

Default First Fathers Day

Hello,

I am new to this thread. DS born 15 May so we just made it in! DS is great

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts for Father's Day gifts. I don't usually go in for these 'commercial' occassions but this one feels special & I want to give DH something for keeps but can't think what to get.

Any ideas????

Hi Renee. And welcome!

I was thinking of buying DH a metal letting or something that can be engraved. That's always nice. Or hand/foot prints framed. We usually do a BBQ, or lunch and DH's favorite food.

We ended up going to kmart today. I've booked in Elijah at the Dr tomorrow. I'm a bit worried but not sure if she can do anything as he's so young. I know you can't give babies cough medicine until they're at least 2. He's got a rattley chest, but no green/yellow mucus. So that's a good sign it's not an infection. I think Cooper broke his toe as well. But I know the Dr can't do anything much about that. I guess that's boys for ya. Lol. Always in the wars! But being 3 he forgets about it and just keeps playing. Lol

Anyway better go, better get dinner on. My poor Elijah sounds terrible. I just hope it doesn't turn into croop

had scarlet 4 month check today, but they said she is only 3months and 3 weeks by calender months, but she was finally 6kgs, and 59.5cm long
    they said her head is bit flat due to being on back so try use sides and tummy during day, but she said nothing major but ask my dr if im worried and get him to check to
    so i will when she gets her shots,

Hi
    welcome renee fathers day i havent really had alot of time to think of gifts yet Older children have made cards etc and have a special fathers day stall at school so they always buy something from there its just the 2 little ones i have to decide on what to get or what to do. My DD was born the 14th May.

Marni- yes still raining i swear it just rains when i have to take 2 little kids out of the house every week you can gurantee wednesday it will be raining.
    no sign of AF surely cant be far away (i pray) have had sore boobs all day i dont even wanna think that i could be pregnant that wouldnt be a good thing for our family right now might grab a test tommorrow just to ease my mind i think. Is P still off the reflux meds? M is.

Sleepy- i hope the docs appointment goes well and E is ok i hate when they get any kind of illness. Boys surely will be boys when my DS was around 3 he stood on a nail went straight through and out the other side of his toe and he was stuck to the timber it was on but with in hours he was back running around again.
    goodluck with the docs.

Traylee- S sounds like she is gaining weight and growing well have you had AF again i know you had it abit before me i think.

Anyway better feed M and settle her then an early night i hope if DD2 dosent wake with these dreaded teeth.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast