... 51314151617 ...

thread: Babies born ~ September 2012#1

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

Babies born ~ September 2012#1

Depending on the windows settings, I used to go to power settings and change it there. (Mine has an icon on the bottom right corner)

Also most shut down from the start menu (bottom left corner)

Oct 2011
    Earth

windows 8 doesn't have a start button (menu) like others and there is nothing in power setting for when you open lid, only for when you close it.
    shutdown you have to hover in top right corner till a menu drops down then go into settings (i think......its turned off now so cant double check) then select power then shutdown

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

I wondered how many changes they made....

Jul 2010

Hello everyone. Sorry I am so slack in here. I use fb instead to keep in touch.

Everything is good here. We are all ready for our first Christmas with our princess. I weighed her today at the hospital when we went to visit our friends and their new bub. She is 5.4kg. Up 600 grams from 3 weeks ago I am over the moon about that. It's always nice to see the results. As I mentioned our friends had a bub, a little boy on the 20th. Benji he's so cute.

You were RAK'ed in 2015

Mar 2011
    Perth

Hi everyone,

Looks like we've all been pretty slack - or just too busy with other things, like new babies, and Christmas!

Thor and I are doing great, I really feel like DP, Thor and I are a family, now - he is an integral part of our lives, and we wouldn't be without him for anything! He's gooing and gaaing gorgeously, and watching the world constantly, eating erratically and mostly sleeping through the night. We enjoyed a wonderful afternoon yesterday opening presents with his paternal Grandma, from whom DP was previously estranged, and it was wonderful to see the three generations getting along, telling each other they love each other and sharing happy times which will be part of our memories of Thor's first Christmas. Tomorrow we will have a quiet day with just my parents, and then the wider family, including Thor's 8 cousins, will celebrate with Christmas lunch on Boxing Day. I can't wait!

I wish you all a merry, merry Christmas, and I hope that 2013 brings much joy and happiness to your families.

Jul 2010

Pholi-that's fantastic that you got to catch up with Thor's grandma. It sounds like you are having a fantastic Christmas so far and Thor sounds like he is really growing up.

Hello everyone else and Merry Christmas to all of you and your families.

AFU-We are really good. Amelia has already got some money off DH's dad because he is working Christmas. DH's grandparents gave her a little backpack with a koala and his great aunt gave her a gorgeous towel with her name embroidered on it. We are going to my mum and dad's for Christmas lunch and Dhs mums for tea so we will be having tea with Amelias cousin too.
    I know mum bought bub a stocking with her name on and has filled that and has some other stuff. She has bought her a bracelet with her name on it too. She is so spoiled. We have bought her a few goodies too and cannot wait to give them to her.

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

Just in case I don't get time tomorrow.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Oct 2011
    Earth

We are having lunch with DH's parents tomorrow.

Amelia is getting spoilt though I can't remember everything she is getting, this is what I can remember. A swing (outdoor) a stuffed toy dog that talks (educational thing), a few eating sets (bowls etc) a walker/activity thing (push along) a tupperware shape-o, a doll, a my first christmas book and more (but I can't remember what lol) a lot is for 6 month plus as she has so much stuff for now and not much for later on. She can still play with some of it now anyhow (or I can LOL)

Have a Merry Christmas everyone :-)

Oct 2011
    Earth

Well I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas :-)

Miss A is kind of mobile she began scooting around backwards while laying on her back last night....not much but she's started. Oh my how they grow up fast.

Jul 2009
    melbourne

Hi ladies hope you all had a great Christmas with your families

We had lunch with my family and then went over to visit DH family. G is a very spoilt little girl who got heaps of presents I'm very grateful but can't help thinking of those who are less fortunate. G is now nearly 4 months and is 6.5 kg and I'm starting to get myself organised for when we starts solids in the next few months. Hoping to pick up a high chair during the sales anyone have any thoughts?

Also G is starting to get really clingy are any of you going though
    Anything similar with your babies

Jul 2010

Shadow-it sounds like Amelia is growing up quick.

Terry-how are you? I haven't noticed Amelia being clingy but it is totally normal to start around this age I have read.

Hello everyone else, how was your Christmas? Any plans for New Years Eve?

AFU-we have nothing planned for NYE because I am not ready to leave Amelia yet and I don't see it happening any time soon to be honest. Christmas was fantastic. Amelia got spoiled and she got to spend time with her 6mo cousin. He has a helmet now to fix his flat spot and he is a real trooper with it. Amelia is going great guns. She does that scooty thing on her back and babbles away. She laughs her head off when I dress and undress her. Anyone would think I was a comedian lol. She is still teething and the 2 bottom teeth are visibly getting closer to the surface.

Nov 2011
    Radelaide

Also G is starting to get really clingy are any of you going though
    Anything similar with your babies
    Lol 3 of my 4 have been super clingy babies! Sometimes when they are clingy I'll sit and cuddle for a long while (not always easy to do though).

Nov 2008

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. DH has actually taken time off work for Christmas (he never has time off, or even if he does he usually ends up working anyway) so I've taken advantage of it and we've been doing heaps of family stuff.

Terry - both of my two have always been clingy. Brock was okay with other people holding him as long as he could see me, but Annabella can be pretty picky and choosy about who she lets hold her, and it's only a very select few, and again only if she can see me.

Shadow - A scoots along backwards a lot. She also finally has started rolling both ways, and has taken after her brother in rolling to wherever/whatever she wants, which is usually one of the dogs. They aren't super impressed.

Pholi - So glad that T is doing well and that you've really settled into the family life.

to everyone. Hope you all had a fantastic first Christmas and New Years with your little ones.

Oct 2011
    Earth

A hasn't been scooting a lot, I not sure she realises she can yet.
    Her latest trick is growling and making pirate noises, seems she has discovered her voice box

Nothing like a cuddle from DD after a hard day's work!

Oct 2007
    in my own world

Hey ladies
    Been busy visiting melb so catching up now.

Can you believe our kids are 4mnths!!! Gosh where does the time fly!!

C is super clingy too and rather sit and play than let a stranger hold her.

Im really enjoying her now esp with all the interaction. The first two months was hard!!

Shes such a joy!! When are you ladiies starting solids?

I heard the who guidelines have changed to four months now?

Jul 2009
    melbourne

Hi ladies good to hear that you are all enjoying holidays with your families. My DH is working but we will be going away next month. It's been good though cause G and I have had days out with family and friends. Her clinging has eased a little and just like A Dr Tal she is going to selected people.

Re solids I don't plan on starting till about 5 and half months. G is only just starting to show interest in food and she is still sleeping through the night on just breast milk.

Jul 2010

Hello everyone, I am glad you are enjoying holidays and family time.

re solids. We are not starting until 6 months. I am pretty sure 4 months is for formula bubs because breast milk has everything. Amelia is thriving on that so I don't want to add solids yet. Whatever works for you though.

Amelias 2 bottom teeth are almost through and she has been pretty good. Just chomps a lot. We haven't needed panadol or anything so I think the amber necklace is working.
    I cannot believe our bubs are 4 months. Only 4 days until Amelia is and then needles next Wednesday. I just know I am going to cry. Last time was bad enough but now she can chatter away and drop her bottom lip

May 2011
    Adelaide

Hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and new year! We went to Sydney for Christmas which was very full on. It was nice though and Arya handled the drive really well. Amazingly my sister (remember the one that hit me at my baby shower?) was super nice and really helpful. I keep joking that she must have had a stroke! It made the trip really nice and we decided to stay an extra day. New years we had a BBQ with friends and it was so nice bringing in the New Year with DF and Arya, who was actually feeding as the clock ticked over.

AF returned new years day, which means DF and I are officially TTC #2. Originally we were going to wait, I would have this year off work and then once I found a new job we'd start TTC but we decided we couldn't wait. It does mean we have to push back our plans to buy a house for a couple of extra years, but I'm ok with that.

Arya has just found her feet and is always grabbing at them. She's also talking lots, particularly when she's tired. It's really cute watching her and DF have these long baby talk conversations. Teething has hit and her poor little gums are giving her such grief. I can't feel anything though so I suspect we're in for the long haul as far as teething goes. As sceptical as I am about the amber teething necklaces, I think I'm going to get one anyway since she spits out panadol and nurofen. I figure it can't hurt right? As far as solids goes, ideally we'll wait until 6 months but I'm really just going to follow Arya's cues. She watches us when we eat and mimics us, but she can't really hold herself up yet when she's sitting, and she hasn't really worked out grabbing things and putting them in her mouth. I figure once she can sit up and grab the food to put in her mouth, then we'll give it a go.

Hope everyone else is well and your babies are growing beautifully

... 51314151617 ...