... 31112131415 ...

thread: Babies Born~ October 2007 #35

BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Congratulations Kaz!!! I'm praying your bub snugs in nicely and that you have a really H&H pregnancy . When are you due?

Well I am all alone today and tomorrow! DH has taken the boys and the caravan out this morning for an overnight trip. It's the first time I haven't had K since he was born . It's so quiet around here LOL! I am going out for lunch with my sister a bit later and then I'll take myself shopping, I can't wait!

I went to the Melbourne BB meet up last night and had a great time. I only stayed for dinner (most went bowling afterwards), but I got to meet lots of BB girls face-to-face for the first time. It was a bit overwhelming walking into the restaurant and not knowing who anyone was at first LOL! Once everyone had their name tags with avvys on it all made sense . It was so nice to have a night out without the boys in tow

Hope you are all having a great long weekend!

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2008
    SE Subs Melbourne

Thanks for the congrats girls. Trish not sure on due date, I think around the 17th of Feb and my gp thinks 5th of Feb, will have a better idea probably when I get my blood test results back on Tuesday night.

As for the stripping, its funny but its not. Tay is always taking her shoes and sock off in the car, but at home she take the pants off as well. I think it might be because Mia is often walking around with just knickers on due to toilet training. Not sure though. She seems to be a bit more of a free spirit than Mia is ...

We just got home from Billy Lids playcafe in Hawthorn. Its really good there and the girls love it. We were going to Werribee Zoo, but decided that it wasn't really the weather for it. Hopefully next weekend, as we have been promising Mia for a few weeks now!

Trish - sounds like you are having a nice and quiet day, half ya luck!

Sep 2008
    South-East, QLD

Kaz - My DH grew up in Werribee, I have been to the Werribee Zoo and we absolutely love it!! MIL is wanting us to fly down to Melbourne for her birthday on the 9th of next month (but they live on the gold coast!!) and we were thinking of taking Rhys to the zoo while we are there hopefully!! If we can get cheap enough flights through MIL work!!

Dec 2006
    Melbourne

I live about 10 - 15 mins away from Werribee zoo.. we've taken Tahlia there a few times, she seemed to like it, although she does get a bit restless sitting still on the bus. I prob think melb zoo is better for their age

Jun 2009
    Christchurch NZ

we have a great wildlife sanctuary here in CHCH called willow bank and my kids love it! With the boys being under 5 they are free and I can get a yearly pass for $38 and we can go as many time as we want it is great and the kids can feed alot of the animals including tame eels. We don't go as often in winter but we go a few times in summer.

Well I now have the cold that the kids had I feel like death warmed up but thanks to go medication I am starting to feel better LOL

I have Ashton home from kindy today as he is just getting over it. He coughed till he vomited last night YAY and has a very croaky voice. I hope that Kaleb doesn't get it he is the last one to get it so I hope it has bypassed him.

Add Khaleesi on Facebook

Feb 2007
    Wonderland

I'm back lol.
    Kodi has built up my supply enough to keep her happy now, Gosh that was a tough couple of days.

Trish glad you had a great time at the meet up.

We are gonna take Maddi to the Melbourne Zoo when it gets warmer, i think she would love it now she's older.

Well i have 2 sleeping kids, so i'm gonna go eat some lunch & surf BB for bit.

Hope everyone is well

Aug 2006

Kaz - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sooooo happy for you. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9months

Mo - glad to hear that Kodi has settled down for you. Enjoy the break while the girls sleep!

Amelia - Geez you're keen! LOL. I'm such a shocker, nearly 34 wks and our nursery is still not set up! Some progress made this weekend though, DH is almost finished putting together the shelving/change table unit from Ikea, but still has a little shelving unit to attach to the wall, finish the change table (which also needs to be attached to the wall) and then I should be able to get in there and do what I have to do. Ah well, plenty of time, both my babies have been late so we've got at least 6 weeks.

Trish - WOW, two days and one night alone?! I can't even imagine it! LOL. I saw some pics of you at the BB meet up on FB, looking good So, what's happening in the way of nesting? We've made some progress in the nursery as I said, went through all the kids toys in the lounge room last night and threw out all the broken useless bits and have a big bag to give away to charity - OMG it looks soooo neat now! We've been storing a lot of stuff (ie flat packs from Ikea, double pram which is still in the box etc) in our front room but most of that has been cleared out and cleaned up this weekend so that's good, I cannot stand clutter atm!! Not long till the big bedroom swap huh? Have you set a date??

We are going OK. Had my first 'I'm over it' hormonal meltdown on Friday. Just sooooo uncomfortable with bub being transverse, had more dramas with our new lounge being delivered on Friday morning (that is a looooong saga that I won't bore you with), stressing out about running out of time for this bub to move into position etc etc. I also found a lump under my arm last week that I'm a bit worried about. Have been to the GP and am on a 10 day course of ab's, he thinks its most likely to be an infected gland so hoping that sorts it out. I have to go back to see him tomorrow so he can check it again. Not really something you want hanging over your head when you're this prg!

But had a morning out yesterday shopping and having coffee with my mum, then took DD to the movies and am feeling much better. I think I just needed a good cry!

Have an ob and GP appt tomorrow, so my mum is staying an extra night so she can watch the kids for me.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
    Last edited by Willow; June 8th, 2009 at 02:04 PM.

Sep 2008
    South-East, QLD

WILLOW - I know I am keen but it will be 2 months before we get anything so I am glad we have looked now and didn't put it off any longer.

Aug 2006

Quick question while i'm thinking of it - for those that use sleeping bags in cooler weather...are you going to use them this year or do you think the octo bubs are too big for them now?

I put one on DS tonight because it is really cold here today (snowing in the mountains) and he only has probably 2 sets of really warm PJs with feet. I can't remember what tog it is, but it's a pretty light weight one and doesn't have sleeves. It's a 6-18 month one but still fits him fine. Will see how he sleeps with it on. Didn't bat an eyelid when i put it on him so we'll see...

Jun 2009
    Christchurch NZ

WillowI have Kaleb in a duvet weight merino go go bag and I am even thinking of buying the next size up. I just feel so much better about him being warm in it! I hope that the lump goes away for you with the atibiotics! And that your baby turns as well! Do you have a plan for if the baby doesn't turn?

Trish How was your time alone???? I bet you loved it. I get every saturday morning without my youngest 3 as they stay at their grandparents (ex MIL) She loves having them and even though Kaleb isn't actually her grandchild by blood she still treats him the same as the others. We have got a really good relationship.

Wow I feel so sick today but thanks to codeine and paracetamol I feel a bit more human. I must go and get the school run done in the rain!! What fun NOT.

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2008
    SE Subs Melbourne

Willow & Paycyn - I still have Tay in a sleeping bag as well. She is a bugger for kicking her blankets off her and I stress about her getting cold. She doesn't seem to mind. We have stopped putting pj's under it though, as she was roasting!

Willow I had a grin at your meltdown, you always feel so much better after one I reckon and I am sure everyone here can relate to this! I hope that your lumpy gland sorts itself out, sounds a bit painful.

Kel & Mo - We have been to Melbourne Zoo which was fantastic, so we thought we would try the Werribee Zoo. Probably more for Mia's benefit as she is that bit older and in love with every animal around at the moment!

So cold this morning, its only going to be 12 here today ... brrrr. I have to go get a few groceries, which is crap. So tired, just want to stay in my warm jim jams and lie on the couch! Had such sore (.)(.) this weekend, tiredness and I even was lucky enough to have a nice chuck in the shower yesterday. But I cannot complain, this is what I have waited 6 months for. Get my blood test results tonight, all is ok!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Hey all!

I had a GREAT couple of days to myself! Spent Sunday with my sister going out for lunch and watching a DVD, something we haven't done in AGES. I cleaned the house in no time too, it's so much easier when you don't have kids following you around, trashing what you have just done and nagging for food and drinks! I took myself shopping yesterday and bought one of those Bonds b'feeding singlets, I've been wanting one since I was pg with K LOL! I think DH was a bit sad that I didn't miss them all that much . I got lots of squeals and cuddles when they got home though, K went nuts singing, dancing and running around, he was so happy.

K has lots of new words, one is "itchy", he tells me "Mum, itchy" as he scratches himself. And last night he wanted to turn the TV on and kept saying "Bob", he likes Bob the Builder it seems

Kaz - Yuck @ the sickness and tiredness , I hate that first tri. Good luck with your test results tonight! It sounds like everything is going well

Paycyn - Hope you feel better soon, it's awful when you're so sick and you still have to get up and look after your kids. Your ex-MIL sounds lovely

Willow - Sorry you had a meltdown, these hormones suck! Gahh @ the lump, not what you need right now! I'm glad you had a nice time with your mum to cheer you up . I put K in a long-sleeved sleeping bag (just one of the ones you get from Big W) and he seems nice and warm. I put Joel in a sleeping bag until he was around 2 1/2 (Big W make them in a size 2) just for peace of mind. I'll probably do the same with K. Oh, and re: the FB pics, I HATE the pics of me LOL! I really hate seeing pics of myself, it makes me feel so ugly LOL.

Mo - The zoo will be fun, we haven't been for a couple of years now, but Joel loved it last time.

Hi to everyone else! Gotta go and have a shower...

BellyBelly Member

May 2005
    Brisbane

Evening all

Willow - hope the lump disappears soon. We don't use sleeping bags but I am thinking maybe I should as its impossible to keep L under the covers. He currently wears an all in one with socks and a singlet underneath.
    Trish - sounds like you had a good weekend all to yourself. How did your DH go with the boys? Hopefully he will do some more weekends away after #3 arrives to give you some sort of break and just have 1 to look after.
    Amelia - I'm 31 weeks now! And wow, you're over half way there yourself.
    Mo - yay for Kodi. Sounds like the feeding has finally established.
    Karen- hope you're feeling better soon.
    Kaz - as terrible as it is, the MS is a great sign. Rest up and take care of yourself.
    Kellie - we've been thinking about taking L to a petting zoo or something where he can pat the animals. He does love lions but that would involve a trip up to Australia Zoo (do they have them up there?). DH even suggested having a petting zoo visit for L's birthday.
    Becky - we've bought a house in Mitchelton. Further out than where we are at the moment but the house is renovated and a lot bigger for our growing family. I'll have to get used to taking the train everywhere and not the bus.
    Amber - how are you feeling?
    Hi Celtic and anyone else I've missed.

Are any Brissy girls going to the Pregnancy and Babies expo in a couple of weeks? We are as we still have to look at tandem prams. We have honestly been so slack this time around.

Went to OB today. Apparently I was borderline with the GD. Anyway, I'm just to behave myself with my diet. Don't appear to have put on any weight this fortnight which was good. Bubs is apparently head down already. Let's hope she stays that way. Going for a sizing scan next week so my last chance to see bub before I meet her in person.

Have come down with a cold. Its just a chest cold at this stage but feeling pretty miserable all the same.

Sep 2008
    South-East, QLD

Nerida - I know I am 23 weeks tomorrow!! My brother asked me today how far along I was and I had to think and I said 23 weeks and then it hit me that it's not long to go now!! Lol....

BBL for personals....DH is home from work.

Nov 2006
    brisbane

Sneaks in

sorry am being slack again :blush: My brain isnt functioning too well either!

Had our 20 week scan today and everything went well! Its definitely a baby Myles is in his own rom now and has weaned But is sleeping through touch wood!

Kaz good luck with your tests
    Saffi I am heading to the expo probably twice once on my own and then with a gf
    Willow
    Trish your time alone sounded wonderful! Hows baby going?
    Hi everyone else xxxx

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2008
    SE Subs Melbourne

Hey girls, just a quickie as I need to start breakfast and get organised for playgroup, but my bloodtest results all look good. I am about 4 and a half weeks, so so early! Only trouble with the early pregnancy tests you find out so soon. I was over 6 weeks with both of the girls. The doctor wants me to have another blood test and ultrasound this time next week, but I can't help thinking it's way 2 early for an ultrasound for anything to show! I might leave it one more week.

Glad your scan went well and Amber, and that you are having a baby! Cheeky girl

Sep 2008
    South-East, QLD

Hey ladies,

I have been lurking and posting here and there but thought I would come back this morning and do a proper big post.

Ok.........................

TRISH - I would love a whole weekend to myself!! Just one full day out shopping then dinner out with the girls would do me fine!! Lol....Dont think it will be happening tho!! Lol. So cute of K doing his little dance once they got home.

WILLOW - How did your check up go with your lump?? Did the Ab's work there magic on it or not?? I am hoping to use a sleeping bag on Rhys once it gets a bit colder. At the moment tho we just have the heater on in his room at night and he has a singlet, singlet suit, t-shirt and then his flannette pj's over the top and a pair of socks and he is toasty enough!! Last winter he had all that on and a sleeping bag and was still cold.

NERIDA - Have you guys decided on name as yet?? We are still trying to pick out middle names that we both like!! We are going to the expo cause I am trying to convert to cloth with Rhys and be ready with it all once bubs arrives!! So I need to sus out a few more things and DH just likes looking at everything!! A very hands on dad with gagets and everything he is!! Lol.

KAZ -
    YAY!! Congrats darl now that is offically confirmed. Will you guys be finding out the sex?? Don't you just love being a jab cushion for the pathologist!! Lol.

AMBER - Tell me about brain not functioning!! I have been shocking the past couple of days....Every morning I have to write a list of what needs to be done cause I have just been so spacy!! Glad your scan went well. Touch wood M keeps sleeping through for you!!

PAYCYN - Get well soon!! Its sucks being sick in winter. But it is always the case!!

Well I think I have done well to remember all of that!! Lol...

Nothing much going on with us. Just chilling and shopping as normal!! Had my birthday dinner last sunday night up at my mum's and felt sick the whole night. Haven't been sleeping the greatest either. O the joys of being pregnant!!

Well off to do up some form of shopping list for tomorrow!! Lol....

Have a good day ladies.

Add Khaleesi on Facebook

Feb 2007
    Wonderland

Kaz so glad everything went well with ur blood test results

Willow hope your doing ok.

Hi to everyone else.

... 31112131415 ...