... 56789 ...

thread: Babies Born~ October 2007 #35

Nov 2006
    brisbane

Willow my dad has big plans for Ds to be the next socceroo star! He is living through my brother and now him! I dont mind! As long as when he does become a superstar I get to meet Beckham lol!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Amber - Don't be worried at all! They all talk in their own time and definitely it kind of happens overnight.

Willow - I'm so happy we can do this together again too . Yep, Auskick is AFL for kids. Joel's not meant to start until he starts school, but they're happy for him to come along for a kick, he just can't officially be registered until next year. He really needs an avenue like that, he's such an active boy! He has great co-ordination and I'm sure he'll do really well at it. I know nothing about league, I live in the land where AFL originated and you don't hear about any other forms of football LOL!

Nov 2006
    brisbane

Thanks girls! He seems to be the only one in our group not saying much? Right more books wil be read to the little monkey if he likes it or not

Aug 2006

Amber - also remember that K & L have older siblings to 'talk' to, and that helps them along too.

Aug 2008
    Brisbane

Absaloutely Amber I would not even be thinking twice about it yet... He's still only 19 months old, I would only get worried about speech if my child was not saying anything by like 3 or so... I have a friend who could not say anything apart from Ma and Da.... until he was almost 3... Then all of a sudden with in a matter of weeks he started talking and now he is completely normal. My friend went to speech therapists and stuff and everyone told her he was all perfectly fine!
    My 2 just happedned to be earlyish talkers ... lol

Oh and Yo Gabba Gabba was brilliant!!! We had a fantastic time! Highly recommend!!!!!

Will be back soon to chat more... X

Add Khaleesi on Facebook

Feb 2007
    Wonderland

Amber if you moved to Melb I'd come visit u all the time ;-)
    I wouldn't be worried about M's speech, Maddi isn't a big talker yet either

Becky the u/s was only 5-10mins, they checked kidney size & what the kidney flow was like i think. Very quick & easy

Hi Willow & Trish

AFU
    Maddi has got a cold & cough now. She still not eating much & still getting Io super early and not sleeping right.
    We go back to the Drs Tues arvo to get her results, Our main concern is that she may have juvenile diabetes.
    Kodi has a slight cough which is starting to make her reflux worse again. Thankfully it's not too bad at the moment.
    Me i'm doing well

Oct 2007
    Perth,WA

Sickness is going around no matter what side of the country by the looks. Max has the worst cough....last night it was just awful. He has a cold so don't know whether I should take him to the doc about it or not, especially seeing as a few kids we come across have had croup?

Amber...Max isn't saying that much either. Certainly doesn't string two words together (except, Daddy poo....when he sees the toilet!! ha ha). I'm not worried, as he can understand everything, so just figure it will come one day, like Trish & Willow said. He's doing this really cute babble thing at the moment....I'll get it recorded and put it on fb...it's tooooo cute!

Mo Juvenielle Diabetes...eeek! Hope it doesn't come down to that. I have diabetes in my family so if I was to get anything, it would be that. Yucky.

Trish Auskick...how cute! I'm sure DH will want Max to get into it....but I'm not going to let DH force him just coz he's rubbish at footy! DH reckong he wants Max to get into golf, coz it will make him the most amount of money....exploitation at it's best! hmmmmm!!!

Will BBL....My Dad is coming over today to help me with some housey things that need fixing....then more packing....bored of it lemme tell ya!

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Hey all! I'm having a very lazy day with just K & I! He slept for 3 hours and 20 minutes this afternoon (very unusual for him, but I won't complain!) and I started getting bored! I was hoping to take him out tonight to visit my mum and step-dad, but they decided to hop onto their motorbike and go and visit DH & Joel instead .

Joel absolutely LOVED Auskick this morning! He had a ball and can't wait to go back next week, I'm so happy he loved it! He's so cute, he wore his St Kilda top there and when he got home he didn't want to take it off, he wanted to show it off to DH's friends that they were meeting on their weekend trip LOL!

As predicted, K started up the "Where's Joel?", "Where's Dad" thing as soon as they pulled out of the driveway. Thanks to learning from Joel, when I ask something like "Who wants yoghurt?", K will answer "Meeee!", it's so funny

Julia - Poor Max, I hope his cough clears up quickly. If it's bothering him overnight, put some Vicks (I use the baby balsam on K because it's not as strong) on the soles of his feet and then put socks over the top. I don't know why, but it stops my boys from coughing!

Mo - Poor Maddi too! Everyone seems to be sick with a cold atm, it sucks!

Becky - Glad you enjoyed Yo Gabba Gabba!

Amber - It's definitely true about older sibling helping the younger one speak earlier. K says and does way more than Joel did at the same age because of being around Joel all the time. I hope you and Myles had fun watching Yo Gabba Gabba!

Willow - So, what did you declutter today LOL! I was meant to tackle my wardrobe, but wasn't motivated enough today.

Hi to everyone else, I hope you're enjoying your weekend

Oct 2007
    Perth,WA

Let it be known....Max has croup....life sux....that is all

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Oh no, poor Max . Big hugs to mummy too . Do you have a vapouriser? Steam is really good for his cough. I hope he recovers quickly.

Aug 2006

Julia - Croup is the pits! DD has had it every winter so far, was afraid she was getting it again this time but her cough is more chesty and less 'barky' so I'm relieved. Vapourisers work really well, as Trish said. I've put one in DDs room the last few nights, just to help her sleep.

I second the Vicks (we use Eucy Bearub) on the feet with socks trick - works here too!

Trish - Today we rearranged DDs room, sorted through and labelled (DH went out and brought me a labeller ) the tubs of clothes I've got packed away (put all the baby stuff in the nursery w'robe...not sure if I'll bother washing it until after Boo arrives, mum could always do that for me...depends how bored I get in the end I guess!) and then sorted out all the stuff that was in the nursery and packed as much of it away in the wardrobe as we could. Now it's just the cot and the flat packs of furniture from Ikea in there. We'll move them out when the carpets are cleaned and then set it all up. I did my wardrobe about 2 weeks ago - haha! Going to go through my clothes again though, have decided I'm going to buy myself a whole heap of new stuff after Boo is born and I am back in normal clothes

When are you going to move the boys? Do you have to repaint the nursery or anything?
    Last edited by Willow; May 23rd, 2009 at 07:45 PM.

BellyBelly Member

May 2005
    Brisbane

Hi all

Sounds like a lot of nesting is happening. Instead of nesting, I will be packing up a house (like Julia) and unpacking. I guess that could be classed as nesting. Can't wait to get into our new house. I will be 4 months from the time we bought to when we move in.

Amber - L doesn't say much but he understands so much and is very vocal just not verbal. We talk at him all the time, and read to him (he loves books). I find doing hand movements to associate words and pictures helps. I think second children develop speech quicker and also that girls generally learn quicker too.
    Julia - sorry to hear M has croup.
    Mo - fingers crossed for Tuesday. I hope everything is fine.
    Willow - I like the sound of buying new clothes. I am sick of everything in my wardrobe.

Hope all the mums and bubs out there who are sick get better soon.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragment. I spoke with a colleague who's DW had GD. I don't feel as scared as I was. Going for the test on Monday morning so should know by the end of the week what the go is.

L has developed what looks like a sty on his upper eye lid. Can you even get a sty up there? I just hope it doesn't develop into conjunctivitis. Any tips on what I should be looking for?

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Willow - I'll move K into Joel's room next month (eek, it's creeping up!). I don't have to repaint the nursery, I painted it when I was pg with Joel. We had left-over paint from our bedroom so thought I may as well use it up. It's pretty much the same colour as the screen background here on BB LOL! I'm going to a baby market tomorrow and will try and pick up some girly manchester, accessories, etc.

A new wardrobe after bub sounds soooo good! I don't know if I could ever convince DH, but I think it's worth a try...

Saffi - Ouch @ the sty. I haven't had one in years, but they are really painful. No tips sorry, I have no idea!

Aug 2006

A new wardrobe after bub sounds soooo good! I don't know if I could ever convince DH, but I think it's worth a try...
    Trish - I've already put some money aside from my redundancy payment, so I don't even have to discuss it with DH

Good luck at the market, we picked up some really good stuff when we went!

Saffi - the only thing I know about sty's is the old wife's tale to rub them with gold We've never had conjunctivitis here, but I think you'll know by the discharge if/when it happens. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit more relaxed about your test on Monday - good luck!

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Ooh, lucky you! Unfortunately (or fortunately ) all money is "ours" so I feel guilty going on a spending spree. DH isn't too bad and could probably be convinced, but I know he'd say "How much did you spend?" and then I'd feel guilty LOL.

Aug 2006

Trish - LOL! I probably won't go on a spending spree, will probably spread it out over a few months. Takes a while to get back to pre-baby body anyway I figure!

Most of our money is 'ours' too, but when I got my payout we agreed to set it aside and use it for all baby/prg related stuff - I figure 'post baby wardrobe' fits that criteria

Oct 2007
    Perth,WA

Saffi - I used to get sty's when I was young and had some stuff 'broline' (I think that's what it's called) used to work a treat....not sure if they even have it any more though! I'm old now!!

Listen to all of you going on spending spree's and nesting...it's so CUTE!

Well I'm off to do more packing...night all x

Feb 2007

Kim- Ryan had his chicken pox one, he's got spots all over his legs. Hope it's not contageous I've never had chicken pox, I got the vaccine at the start of the year though thankfully. Wow 4 months old already I can't believe how quickly the time flies the older you and the kidlets get!!

Mo- managed to get any wee at all? Going to be a change going from VIC fires to QLD floods and mozzies! Hope it all goes well I have my fingers crossed for you

Becky- DP desperately wants a girl, I think it's a boy, I'll call him Dylan :P lmao I'm just hoping for a healthy bub

Saffi- Thank you for the grats, how have you been? Croup sounds absolutely awful for them I hate the sound I just kept telling myself at least it's not the flu! How is Max feeling today? Camomile tea with some melted honey is meant to be good for kids with sore throats, but I don't think honey is all that great for under 2's. Ryan has honey sandwiches at daycare though and hasn't had a problem.

Julia - Grats on Max sleeping through must be so good! Don't jynx it though .

Kazaraz- How are the kids today?

Trish - Yes I don't like waiting, especially from when you get the BFP to the end result takes forever :P. How is your virus going are you feeling better?

Rebecca - Just tell him if he waits till she is at school you have 5 more years to wait until bubs goes to school, and it takes time to get the BFP .DH/DP's are so funny hey, my DP is DESPERATE for a girl, but most guys I know are desperate for a boy, I don't think we'll ever please them hahaha. Grats on the new computer, I wish I could write mine off on tax but I can't, I do scavange works internet connection at every opportunity but now we are on a new plan I don't think we will ever go over the limit. My parents never got my ears pierced, so I did when I was older but my ears ate the earings and I needed them cut out of my ears, then the holes closed over when i left them out for 4 hours so I gave up lol. Dw if blokes want hanky panky you'll get all the kidlets you want hehe

Boomba - Hows your headache? Hope you got some sleep

Kellie - Hows Tahlia? Ty for the grats .

Amber - don't stress Ryan doesn't really say much that can be understood just yet. Comes out in alien language and the random word or two or three words you understand. Don't stress for another year or two

Not much to report, Ryans woken up early last two mornings crying but after a cuddle is fine. Has chicken pox spots on his legs but had the vaccine about 2 weeks ago so hoping it's just a reaction. Work is busy and annoying, but it's money so can't complain. No motivation left for uni lol. Not sure I told you all before but we have someone living with us till January, she cooks and cleans in exchange for no rent or bills and pays money towards the food. Is a life saver between study, work, ryan and DP!! Not enough of me to go around sometimes esp when all you really want is some space for yourself lol

Hope everyone is well, or getting better, and/or kidlets are on the mend.

Talk soon

... 56789 ...