Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~August 15th-30th 2010 #1

Oh no mel thats terrible, people keep asking me have i had one of those yucky moments yet but no not yet, thank goodness. Brody is doing really well, hes been very happy but today is very out of sorts and just wants mummy cuddles. He done alot of grunting last night too, he grunted from about 11.30 till 2 when he woke properly, gosh they are noisy!!

Elise that's great that Brody is doing so well. What is his night/bed time like? I feed Molly at 9.30pm, then we go to bed, then she wakes once or twice, usually about 1.30am or 2am then if I am lucky 6am, otherwise maybe about 4.30am or 5am.

His sleeping at night is pretty good, getting better actually. He usually goes to bed at about 7ish and then wakes at about 1 - 1.30, then 4 -4.30 then i put him in bed with me and he sleeps till about 7.30 - 8ish. But it does change every night, usually 1 like that and then 1 not as good, but it allows me to recharge as i go to bed by about 8 each night coz i need my sleep hehe. Molly seems to be doing pretty well then too. How is her sleeping through the day? Brody will only sleep in my arms through the day which can be tough to get things done but its not too bad.

Elise wow that is fantastic sleeping, I swear bottle fed babies sleep better. The formula fills them up longer. I noticed that when I started giving Josh bottles at 8 weeks, he thrived. Emily woke more often as she was breasfed.. but Molly is a little better, but still, I would love a bit more sleep. Her day sleeps are good... she sleeps for up to 3 hours, sometimes 4, but i dont like to let her go to 4, because i want her to sleep more at night, but usually she gets at least one 3 hour sleep a day, sometimes two, then the rest are 1 or 2 hour sleeps.. i guess its one or the other.. you seem to be getting the night thing down pat which is great. The days are when i need the energy, so better night sleeping would be great, because this week is my 7 people in the house week!!! Though, i only found out today purely by checking myself, that they are not coming back tonight, after i made a special tea.. if i hadn't text, i would have not even known!!!

elise - good on ya. glad you;re getting some good night sleep.
    yes, formula makes them sleep longer. breast milk is much more easily digested so they need more feeding.
    i'm just waiting till the magic moment when they start sleeping 6 hrs at night. She's just gone to bed now and then sometimes wakes up at 1 or 2. then 4 or 5ish. still waking up every 3 hrs. during the day it's the same, sometimes she needs a feed every 2 hrs, this is especially when i lie down in bed! she feeds for almost an hr (good thing abt ebm or formula is they feed quicker) and then she sleeps for an hr then wants another feed. and this just as im falling sleep! sigh...

mel - 7 ppl is so much.. i hope you can keep the food for leftovers and so you dont have to cook so often.
    im going to go to bed.. she'll prob be up soon, as she fed on one breast and fell into very deep sleep.
    she had her needles today, and we gave her some baby panadol, I hope it helps.
    she's also got some very bad milk rash. im seeing the nurse on friday. i've put some paw paw on, i hope that helps...

Ahhh keep losing my post!!

Hi Melly, 7 is too many in the house, 5 is enough for me.

Prama hope you are better, panadol just doesn't work does it.

Elise glad Brody is sleeping better, will catnaps during the day unless we go in the car when conks out for hours. We get a good sleep from 10pm to 3pm though to make up for it.

We finally have a house, it's been renovated and has 5 bedrooms and 3 living areas. So no more clutter and I have my weekends back.

Will has been pretty good with his reflux this week until I tried a2 milk which is supposed to be ok but he is screaming and has a rash again so no dairy for me.

black_rose that is fantastic about the house, excellent, you must be very excited. That's good that Will seems to be doing ok. Have you tried anything for his reflux?

Melly I am very excited, we were starting to worry about finding a decent home that was big enough with the budget we had but we got lucky.

Will is on Zantac twice a day, we can skip the morning dose if I am strict with what I eat, but even milk in my cereal makes it really bad he screams all day. I am trying to be gluten free most days too.

I had the implanon put in today so that's another thing we don't have to worry about too.

How is Molly going, she is so beautiful.

br - so good to hear abou the house. it's great to have so much space. hope teh girls help with the cleaning!!
    is will's rash on his body? Githanjali's rash on her face is clearing up really well, i've been using paw paw

Prama I love the paw paw cream it's helping clear it up but I am still working out what is triggering it. I am really missing my milk, and trying to keep up the water instead.

The girls love cleaning up, they go around with cloths wiping everything it's very cute!

Prama the paw paw ointment is great, i use it for everything on myself but havent had to yet on Brody. He has a small rash around his mouth but its just from his dummy and i just use the sudocream when it gets really bad, which is usually only once a week.
    BR that is so cute the girls cleaning up, i bet they are such good helpers with little will too. How is his Reflux going? Has it settled down at all?
    Melly how are you and Molly?
    Loula how are you going hun? Havent seen you online for a while. Hopefully your little man is being good for mummy :P I love the photo of the 2 of you on facebook, he looks so in love with you
    AFM we have had a good last couple of days. Dp got home wednesday night and is still home which is just lovely to have the extra help, and he has been so good with Brody. The first day he was home Brody was a bit funny with him and wouldnt settle and DP got quite upset by it but now that Brody is used to him again he is fine. The last 3 mornings ive been able to get up, give him his bottle and put him in bed with DP while I shower and clean up the house, its so nice to not have to think 'oh i wont start that coz brody will need to be picked up soon' He is actually sleeping in his cot at the moment which hasnt happened through the day for about 3 weeks and hes been in there for nearly 1 1/2 hours. Hopefully hell keep it up and sleep in there more often, coz hes such a happy boy when hes had a good sleep

Hi all!

BR I got your pm will reply soon. Congrats on the house that's great. I can just see the girls with their coths lol

Elise I'm so please to read DH is home. It's so nice just to be able to do a small task without worrying

Prama. What rash does DD have? Hugs. Will has a terrible nappy rash. I've tried everything. Paw paw. Sudocream halibut cream. Canadula cream. The lot.

We have the GP today to get his injections so will also be getting the rash and gunky eye looked at poor little fella. I hate seeing it but he's not fussed.

Last night he was so unsettled. I finally worked out he needed a poo. He prefers to do this with no nappy on with the help of bicycle legs lol. As soon as that was done he slept. 10.45pm until 6am. Quick feed no change and he is now asleep again.

He will not sleep in the day though.

We keep talking about our beautiful babies but how are we all doing? My anxiety started to feel it was increasing but I think it is caused by broken sleep and worry something bad will happen to my family. DH work was up in the air this week but he has a job for next week phew!

Physically I feel good. Need to shift the kg. And would love to get my hair done lol.

Hi melly, krystals.

Loula will sounds like he is doing well, what a lovely big sleep he had. No good about the nappy rash and gunky eye, hopefully you can get that sorted at your GP appointment. Brody also had a gunky eye and i got some antibiotic eyedrops and it cleared it up in 4 days and hasnt come back. Good to hear that your feeling well physically, im hearing ya on shifting the weight though its so difficult especially with this crappy weather. Sorry to hear about the anxiety and the worry, i too have days like that when i havent had enough sleep but overall im feeling pretty good.
    AFM well Brody is sleeping in his cot again at the moment which is just lovely, i think hes finally figured out thats his bed and thats where hes supposed to sleep hehe. DP has gone away again today, maybe 4 days maybe a couple of weeks As difficult as it is with him being away, brody actually seems to have more of a routine happening when he is away, i think its because DP just wants to play all the time when Brody needs to be sleeping or feeding. Oh well we will see how we go this week, im sure well be fine, have done it all before

Ok so last night he slept 9 till now!!

ooooo that sounds great Loula!!!

I have been trying to get Jack to bed by 7pm but he always zonks out at about 6.20....and then sleeps for 9 hours...which wakes him up at 3am!!!!!! Do you think I should try and wake him before 9 so he sleeps through til 6? hehehe- wouldn't it be lovely!!!

Actually last night he woke up at 1am and then 4 am and then 6.... I think he might be growing, as he usually sleeps 9 hours straight through.

We have a big week this week. Yesterday we had physio, today we have whooping cough needles (I'm not looking forward to today!), tomorrow we have ultrasounds, and then on thursday we have the orthapaedic surgeon. I think everyone here is on my facebook, but we're looking at the possibility that Jack has Erbs Palsy. On the upside, the physio yesterday said that if he does have it, then it's not a severe case of it, so it should be able to be resolved with physio instead of surgery. In any case, our perspective is that it's limbs and not organs, so it could be ALOT worse. Jack obviously doesn't know any different, so he's happily going along with everything, very lucky to have such a cruisy little fella. (He didn't like the xrays though when we had to straighten his arm).

He's smiling and is SUCH a chatterbox! He's been making sounds since about 3 weeks, but has really ramped up, even when he's having a whinge, he'll stop and have a chat before he remembers he's grumpy!!!! We heard his laugh for the first time the other day, I was on the phone to my dad and put him on speaker phone so Jack could hear... Jack, with boob in mouth, let out this HUGE laugh!!! I've only heard one since... would you believe in his sleep? I don't think he has control over it yet LOL

Hope everyone is going well, am loving seeing all the photos!

omg.. sounds like all the bubs are doing great at sleeping!
    githanjali's still sick. took her to the dr.'s yesterday. he said there's not much we can do, we're going to put the vapouriser on again to see if that helps with her breathing at night. she's all clogged up and not feeding well.
    i also asked abt her rash as it was still red and scaly. he said looks like dermatitis and recommended some hydrozole cream.. poor darling. she's also got cradle cap. he's asked to put some olive oil for about 30mins before a bath and then remove w a wash cloth in the bath, to do this daily.

loula we used bepanthen in the past w lakshman and it helped compared to sudocream. have u tried it yet?

elise - you are doing such a fantastic job w brody, esp w dp away. does he always travel? do you have someone who can come help you look after brody?

Prama. Will had really bad cradle cap. Even in his eyebrows. We used the oil and he just looked like a red head! Now we use moogoo scalp care. It's amazing. Cradle cap gone in a few days. And smells yum.

Go to their web page to find their stockest.

Lou what a great sleeper Will is!! Is he in his cot now? The cream I use is desitin, it was recommend by a midwife from the uk, it's the only one that clears up the girls nappy rash.

Elise dads are always the ones who play with kids and ignore the routines it must be worse in your house when your dh gets home!

You can get chlorsig now without a script for $5 I always need it on hand in winter for one of the kids one of them always ends up with hunky eyes.

Krystals you have got a crazy week, it's good that the physio thinks jack's arm can be fixed without surgery and that he is still happy.

Prama hope the vapouriser works, have you elevated her cot too? The rash and her breathing are probably linked, both our girls are like that too it's linked to hayfever, asthma, eczema and allergies and for them spring triggers it off with the cold mornings and pollen.

We have a busy week to there are the usual swimming lessons, then both will and Jess have mchn checks, three of us need vaccs me included because I don't have immunity to chicken pox and will needs to see his pead. He has a herniated belly button, it really pops when he screams and looks painful. The reflux is improving as long as I avoid dairy and have only a little bit of wheat.

AFM last week I felt old, I was tired, cranky, sick and I found two grey hairs! It happened after dd2 as well so I think it's my hormones. I am still tired but not so stressed, just taking each day as it comes and not trying to get everything done it was just making me miserable.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast