Default Babies born~August 15th-30th 2010 #1

This thread is for parents who's baby was born August 15th-30th 2010 #1

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Nelle ~ Senior Moderator
    Onyx ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying~ Senior Moderator
    Olive~Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

hi girls,

i thought we had posted here.. but it's blank now

Prama the server went down and the last two weeks have been lost. How are you, I hope the feeding is better.

Will has had a few better nights, he sleeps for longer stretches now but he is hard to resettle. He is finally putting on weight but only about 25 grams. If I offer too many feeds or top ups he throws them up so it's tricky.

Just popping in will post tomorrow now I have found you all lol

Hi girls, how are you all doing? Been quite here, but I guess we are all busy with babies!

hello ladies how are you all, i didnt know what was going on either with the posts being gone
    BR Glad you have had a few better nights with will, brody is the same with throwing it up if hes had too much, not nice :LOL:
    Well we are having a bit of trouble with the whole sleeping thing at the moment, hes not wanting to sleep through the day (or only 20 min catnaps) so is therefor very cranky. We are going to a sleep school next tuesday so i cant wait for that, hopefully they can give me some handy hints. Weve also changed over to an anti reflux formula as hes been very spewy and the health nurse thought it may be reflux so were giving it a go and hopefully hes more settled. As for the breastfeeding weve given up on that, have just been waiting for docs appt today to get tablets to dry my milk up.Its just been too time consuming as im not bf just expressing so takes a lot of time
    Anyway better go, have a cranky man on my hands, Take care all

elise hi there, did you start breastfeeding? Did it not work out?

Hi elise, hope you can find a formula that works for you. I don't know how long I will be bf this time, both girls weaned at 8 months but it can be tricky bfeeding and watching the girls some days. I used S26 LF for my girls with their reflux once they weaned as we eventually worked out that dd1 had a mild lactose intolerance.
    Good luck with the sleep school, sounds like you all need rest.

Hi everyone, I just realised the last posts have been lost, what a bummer, I didnt get to read whats been happening. Hope all the mums and bubas are doing well, my boy is asleep at the moment but has been a bit sick so sleeping and settling has been an issue. I had my mum here for 5 days and she flew back to queensland last night no I am fine, I found it quite stressful having her and her friend here because all they wanted to do was go out all day shopping and with Taylor being sick it was really difficult on him and I. So today little man and I have not ventured outside at all, I want to try and get his routine back. Last night he woke every 2-3 hours for feeds and today I am lacking in milk. Anywa thats what is happeneing with me, hope you are all doing great and I cant wait to read about sleep school, I might get some tips!

hi ladies how is everyone?
    Melly i was breastfeeding but we introduced a formula feed when i didnt have enough milk and since then its all stuffed up. I think because my boobs were fuller he was getting milk too quickly and throwing it all back up. So i was expressing but its just taking too much time after settling him at night. So ive decided to just go to formula feeding which i was quite upset about but im ok about it now. I went to docs yesterday hoping she would give me something to dry up my milk but she said to just stop feeding so today i am in soooo much pain, i currently have cabbage leaves in my bra (dont think its helping though)
    BR we are using Novalac Reflux formula and it seems to be really helping, no more spewing and doesnt seem to be in as much pain which is nice. BF must be harder for you having the other girls at home, it does take a lot longer. Well done on doing it though
    Babytalk poor little Taylor i hope he gets better real soon. Hopefully you can get back into a routine now that you can just stay at home. Ill be sure to let you all know how the sleep school goes
    AFM well we started controlled crying last night and i think it is working already. It is very hard but will be well worth it in the long run. I didnt think controlled crying was used in babies this young but my dr reassures me that its completely fine. So last night i actually got some sleep, after his 6.30 feed he settled by himself in about 10 minutes of grizzling and slept for 4 1/2 hrs and then much the same after 11pm feed but took a little longer after 3.30 feed but still was probably only about 25 mins and not crying the whole time, just on and off. He is a completely different boy today now that hes realised that he needs to sleep to be happy and also a happier mummy which is just lovely. DP is away for work at the moment so i thought its the perfect time to do it coz he cant stand him crying so hopefully its sorted by the time he gets home and we can all get some more sleep and be happier

Babytalk I hope Taylor gets better soon I know what you mean about staying home, I have days I refuse to go anywhere.

Elise you may need to express a little to ease the pain or you could get mastitis. Normally when you wean it's done gradually so your body adjusts.

I mentioned to dh that I don't know how long I will be able to bf but he wants me to try and keep it up if I can.

elise hi there, glad everything seems to be working out for you. More sleep always makes things better! There is 3 hours in between Molly's feeds at night, but I never sleep for that long. I went to a place that did controlled crying when my son who is now 14, was 7 months old, and I came home with a completely different baby, it was great.

Babytalk
    Hello. I hope the sleep school helps you out, I was thinking of doing that, just to get more sleep, but in reality, I think 3 hours at night isn't too bad really, so hopefully as she gets older, the feeds will stretch out more.. but its still very tiring. I hope that Taylor is feeling ok today, how did last night go?

Loula how are you? I hope William is going well, love all the photos you are posting, he is gorgeous.

black_rose
    how are things at your place? Busy I imagine.

I hope everyone else is well, have a great day.

Wow it is quiet in here! I hope everyone is doing well. I tried Molly with a bottle AGAIN last night, with my breastmilk too, but nope, she got herself all worked up and screamed, so I fed her myself. Even with daddy feeding her, didnt work, was hoping to refill a bit more, as she had drained me completely, but it wasn't to be. Maybe I will try the bottle every few days. I would just like her to have it now and then so it just gives me time to refuel, because during the late afternoon, early evening, right up to bed time, she feeds more often and gets frustrated when there is barely anything there.

Melly I always has trouble getting dd2 to take a bottle until she weaned at 8 months, she just started drinking out of dd1's bottle one day and refused to bf anymore. Maybe try a different bottle?

We have sold our house finally so now we are house hunting, we looked at 10 over the weekend and really like two of them. We are going back to look at one of them to try and decide which one we like when we don't have to take all the kids.

Will is much more settled, I have been giving him infacol and it seems to work with him, he gets grumpy when he needs to poop which us every couple of days now. The girls are good with him most of the time but getting tummy time in is tricky.

black_rose would definitely be a pain trying to househunt with kids in tow. Hopefully you get a chance to go without the kids at some point, just makes it easier. Glad Will is settling better, thats great to hear. I have tried two bottles with Molly, and nope, no luck, and they are the two that are most like a breast shape. She goes to open her mouth, has a suck then opens it again and tries to latch on and just wont. It must be a weird thing, to go from soft skin, to plastic.. but I will try again tomorrow maybe. I just hate seeing her get so upset about it, and i guess because i dont really have to get her to take it, i am not going to push it too much. How are your days going.. must be busy for you, it is here, and mine are a lot older than yours.

I was the same with dd2, I wasn't working so I didn't force her to take a bottle, I was lucky with dd1 she was happy to have a bottle so I could have time to myself even if it was just grocery shopping. I have heard that a sippy cup can work with no valve instead of a bottle as it just drips into their mouth, didn't work for us though.

I use the Tommy tippee or happy baby bottles that are long and skinny, they use the same teats as our hospital. I have noticed that sometimes he refuses to latch and suck onto the new teats, he will just play with it.

We have the girls in daycare so I can take each one swimming and give them one on one time, so it's made it easier for me to get settled into a routine. Weekends are chaos ATM but it won't be for much longer, there were tantrums from all of us after looking at the houses!

black_rose daycare is a great idea, I love the idea of one on one time, that would work great, and I bet the girls love it. So you have to pack and move soon I guess.. Oh i hate doing that. I am hoping we can stay here and not have to move, but we still dont know..I hope you find something soon. How are the nights going? Do you have to get up much? I am off to bed about 9.30pm and then up about every 3-4 hours, so not too bad.

We have a similar sleep pattern, bed at about 9.30, one long sleep and then every three hours before the girls are up at 7.30. They are both sleeping through now which helps, at first they were unsettled with a new baby in the house. Will is in the lounge room as he is very noisy, it just makes the house seem very messy.

Not looking forward to packing but I am hoping we can declutter and throw out a lot of stuff.

How are the your kids coping with a new baby in the house? It must be easier when they are older.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast