Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~February 16th-28th 2009 #14

happy birthday Shell!!!!
    whoot whoot to you!!!

Hi ladies,

Lilima - poor Miss E, I hope she is feeling better soon! It did my head in when Miss I was sick and so clingy, you feel so terrible for them but its just impossible to do anything! Hope the sling helps her and you too!

Olive - how's your DH? Mine thinks he's getting sick too... mind you I think we all are atm... I love winter for the rain, the ability to snuggle up in bed, but not for all the sickness that goes around!

Shell - hope you had a lovely birthday! How's DF feeling? How's DD after her jabs??

I don't have a playpen but I do have a portacot... that could be like an enforced time out type thing. I tried time out at playgroup yesterday but she just kept getting up and running off as soon as my back was turned. My sister says that means she doesn't understand the concept and its not working as a discipline technique.

Malyna - that's very sweet of your cat to be so tolerant! Mine is nowhere near that tolerant... DD does understand gentle and she is quite gentle with DS now, but other kids she just sort of smothers them with kindness. She'll go to hug them and end up pulling or pushing them onto the ground, sometimes ending up on top of them. Ah well... just a phase... hopefully!

Hope everyone else is going well!!!

E has just fallen asleep lying on the floor in the study. Been stuck to me ALL DAY. J in childcare. He cried dropping him off as he knew I was staying at home with E.

OP - the cat is a freaky cat as far as being tolerant goes.

Sounds like our families are all in the grasp of the winter lurgies that are about. Hope everyone gets better soon.

DH has been having heart issues on and off for awhile. He's home today, heart meds aren't working its a PITA because it's not regular. I think we might end up going to Sydney to get it looked at.

Hey Ladies!

Just trying to catch up on you all, as you know I don't get in here often. Well I have some news! We have #3 due on 26th Feb 2011 (strangely enough this is Heidi's birthday!) At times I think we must be slightly mad to be having #3 even though this was completely planned (only took a couple of months to conceive which is what has thrown me I think!!). So I am about 11 weeks, have a scan on Friday. Have been very tired and had that lovely hungover feeling for about 5 weeks, can't wait for that to go away.

Otherwise, the kids are all great. Heidi has one big dirty molar coming through, which looks way too big for her little mouth. She's been rather miserable from that.

Going to go back and check up on all the talking!

Catch you soon x

congrats NZGirl

E is still quite sick, although has picked up a bit today. She has lost a fair bit of weight, She developed a terrible rash, so took her back to the doctors. It was all over her body. Turns out she is allergic to the AB's. So now if she doesn't show any improvement by Monday she will have to go back for a penicillin shot.

Shell - Would Ash like to come to J's birthday party. It is at the indoor playcentre in Keilor. On THurs 16th Sept. I will send you an invite if you are free to come.

awesome news NZGirl!!!!
    you and heaven will keep all us clucky girls very happy. two more feb babies!

lilima poor E how is she today??

malyna oh no on the heart issue scary stuff

AFM im still not happy with DD2 medically she still has numerous swollen lymph glands in one side of her neck, some a quiet big and she healthy at the moment (shock horror )

Congratulations NZGirl!!! Fantastic news!

Lilima - Hope E has improved.

Shell - How has the vertigo been? Hope it's gone away again. A month is a long time to wait when you feel like that.

OP - No real advice hun. DS does the same but it sounds like MissI is more full on/consistent. A port-a-cot where she can see the others playing but can't get to them for a few minutes sounds like a good idea. ETA - I'm sure DS will build up his bad behaviour and I'll be coming back to you for advice!

Malyna - We have a cat very much like yours! Puts up with a lot of tail pulling from DS and has chased dogs out of our yard and he only has three legs Hope your DH is ok.

Hi to everyone else! Sorry, been a bad buddy lately. No more gastro here but sleep is still an issue. Last nights wake ups were 8:15pm, 10pm, 1am, 5:10am and then up for the day at 6am. So over it but at least my sleep diary will show what goes on.

NZGirl- congrats! woohoo!

Kaz- I feel for you, I know it will get better eventually but prolly sooner rather than later for you. Friends son was a shocker but finally things have settled.

Olive- doesn't stop for you! What does dr say? Have you been able to get into see one?

Meg-Any improvement with E today? What time is J's party if not too late in arvo we would like to come. I'm still yet to book Ash's but its gonna hopefully be the sat 18th so hope you're free.

Malyna- what sort of heart problems? Doesn't sound good. How are you doing?

OP- How everything over your way?

Hello to everyone else!

Vertigo still around but has improved a fair bit, my GP rang ENT guy and got me an earlier appt so 18th now I'm going.

Hi yummy mummies!
    Feels like foreva since I've had time to get on the computer! Craziness continues here...we are now moving house in 4 weeks ahhhhh!!!! Back to our own house which will be great!
    OP - Miss A is getting rough too...and getting into all sorts of trouble when I'm feeding...so she gets one chance and then the next time she goes in the portacot...which is right next to where I sit to feed...I was just feeling so rotten for bub that she was getting ripped off the boobie all the time while I ran around dealing with Miss A! And as for leaving the house...scares me no end worrying what Miss A will do next but we keep trying...
    Big hugs to everyone x

Hey Ellie - at moving house! hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Shell - yay on the earlier appt. 18th is not too far away now. glad it's settled down.

Hi ladies,

NZGirl - hello! Lovely to hear from you and huge congrats!!!!! Very exciting news! Its tough but great having another newborn! Hope you are coping with the m/s and getting through the days ok!

Ellie - Miss I isn't too bad when I feed (at the moment!) but I'm definitely considering the portacot idea. She actually has been pretty good recently at home, she is so gentle now with little X, she sits and strokes his head, gives him kisses and points at his nose ("no!") or his ear ("ee!"). It is when we go out that she gets into trouble!!!

There is actually a portacot at our Tuesday playgroup... maybe I need to break that out... hmm.

I know this is horrible but I'm sort of glad that others are having difficulties...

Shell - hope you get some answers on the 18th! Or something anyway. Is it bad? Is it affecting anything? How's everyone else in your household? All gastros and things gone??

Lilima - poor Miss E, how's she been today? Did you have to take her back for a penicillin shot?

Olive, poor miss M as well! Are you going to get her checked out? Hope its all ok and nothing to worry about...

Been meaning to say as well, next time you're heading to Doncaster let me know (and Det too!) as I live close and would love to catch up! Mondays and/or Thursdays I'm often heading there!

Malyna - no good on your DH's heart issues. Hope it is all ok.

Kaz - so sorry you're still having bad nights. I thought of you today - hope the context doesn't upset you - a good friend of mine had her first two weeks after I had DS, I went for a visit today and she was asking when it starts to get better? When do they start sleeping longer blocks at night? I said sometimes it starts to settle around the 6-12wk mark but to still expect wake ups... which she is ok with, but her DS is feeding overnight every 2hrs atm. Then I thought of you and said that some babies struggle with sleeping for a while... You've been doing it so tough and you still have time to think of all of us and do random acts of kindness like sending someone something in the mail...

Hope everyone else is well!!

AFU: up and down with DD and DS here. As I said above, DD is getting so much better with X but still rough with other kids. On Weds I took her to an indoor gym for some free play with one of our playgroups, there were a billion other kids there as well, I was telling DH about our day and when I said I'd been to the gym the first thing he said was "How many kids did she bite?" Its gotten to that point!

I'm going to try some expectation setting tomorrow - before we go to playgroup, I'll start talking about it and about the behaviour I want and don't want. Worth a try...

I was talking about it last week at playgroup and one of the mums there (from my original MG) sent me a message on FB a day or two later saying that she'd been thinking about what I said and she didn't think I had anything to worry about with "beautiful I" as she put it. So that was lovely.

I think I just need to relax about it a bit more and trust that she will get better. I asked the MCHN about it last week and she has given me some resources so I'll just try and do my best.

As for the baby, he has been pretty good - feeding well, not sleeping the greatest overnight, but hey, can't have everything! He's spending a lot of time in our bed at night - often hours at a time, before I wake and decide I should put him back in the cradle. So funny that I was adamant I would never co-sleep but hey its working for us now. Sleep deprivation is kicking in but I'll get thru... He has just started smiling, which makes everything so much better

Sorrt no personals again. I promise I will have more time by the end of the week.

Shell - PM me and I will post out an invite. It is at 12"00pm

Really sorry that I can't reaply to everyone else atm.

Sick little girl still

Lilima - your poor DD. Poor you too. I hope she improves soon...

shell have yoou heard of menieres disease?? google it and see if you have the symptoms, i was diagnosed at 16 with it, then retested at around 24, whilst i had some symptoms they couldnt diagnose it again, ive sort of grown out of the dizziness but i find if i have too much salt or caffine, i get dizzy i hope you get some answers

Ellie lovely to hear from you darl

Kaz when do you go to sleep school?

OP wil let you know! monday mornings sound good, just need to be home around midday as i have mothers group in the arvo!

Lilima how is E? not any better?

AFM havent booked DD2 intot he Dr's yet, hoping im not over reacting though some of the lumps are huge, one i felt today was over 2cm

Hello everyone,
    Not sure what I posted last time, but E had severe tonsilitis. She then went on AB's and had a severe allergic reaction and came out in a full body rash. She is much better now, but still not 100% Not eating properly. and falls asleep really early.

Olive - I hope that the doctor takes you seriously, as I think that it is something that needs to be looked at asap.

OP - It is something that all kids go through. I think it is the adjusting to having a new sibling. I constantly worry that J is going to do something to another child. It puts me on edge. But it is a phase, and they do get over it.

Shell - How are you? I really hope you get some answers on what is wrong with your balance.

Everyone else hi!

we seem to have lost afew posters recently. Anyone know how Holly, and Rainbow raver are going?

DH's heart issues are the same as always - he's had it for a few years - his heart goes all crazy, beating fast etc. Lots of potential causes but no one really knows why. *shrugs* it's the normal for us.

Have started going to the gym - Alex enjoys the creche - it's a good excuse to do 40 minutes on the treadmill, so he can play with the kids.

sorry no personals - it's been a long day and I'm really 'argh' at the moment. Trying to decide about whether to go up another 10K for an offer on a house. It's a 3bedroom, where we always thought we'd get a 4bedroom.

I hate having to make major decision. The mortgage is a heck of a lot more than what we have at the moment. So scary.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast