Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

What a shame Ammaki. DD is about 6 weeks old isn't she? They go through a big growth spurt at that time, and they're usually really fussy. Could be that? Have you recently had a change in your diet, or got your period back? Could be that as well.

She is 2 months on Friday Jodi, im not sure whats going on, might be my milk changing again coming off antibiotics? Im persisting although admittedly she has had a few bottles over the past week, sometimes i just feel empty ITMS. Hopefully things pick up again now im off the antibiotics!

Hows everyone else going with BF?

I agree, it is quiet in here.

Ammaki, Lexie was starting to fuss on the breast too about a mth ago so I've introduced some formula feeds. I do about the same amount of breast as I do formula feeds throughout the day & tend to do the breastfeeds around the same time each day so my body still knows to keep on
    producing it for that time, if that makes sense.

Jlk, how is Teyha going?

Nothing much to report here, been busy coz of school holidays. DH still doesn't have a job.

Hello all
    Ammaki DD fussed too when I was on antibiotics (ie last 4 weeks!), also when passing wind. I think they also like to start exhibiting their personalities a bit more I hope things improve for you. Glad you have recovered from your op. Hey a woman in my parents group also had her ap out just after birth. Coincidence perhaps? Good luck with the needles!
    Leigh that is stressful I hope DH gets one soon. Wow Lexie is now 3 months! I', really looking forward to that milestone although I shouldn't wish away the newborn days hey.
    Jodi, I see pool season has started at your place. Sounds divine!

AFU we have fairy grandma with us and she is doing all the cooking, cleaning, and baby settling, if I expressed I bet she would be wanting to feed her too LOL. Its lovely she and grandpa are getting lots of time with DD.

A question, did any of you have to settle your bub in your arms? DD wont stay asleep unless we get her into a deep sleep in our arms first. Also if she is overtired then she wakes as soon as we put her down. It can be very tiring but we are happy to do it while she is so little.

DD feeds then falls asleep in my arms, or in the bouncer then i transfer her to her cot patting her bum as i put her down. She doesnt really fall asleep on her own yet.

Dr Tal (one of my TTC buddies on here) had a bub a few weeks before me and her appendix burst the other week, apparently its common after giving birth to get appendicitis! Never knew that!!

oh wow, I never knew that about appendicitis either!

dusty - when Ambah was first born, she would only go to sleep in dh's arms or on his chest. Now though she'll go to sleep in her bed.

leigh - has dh finished the course now? Fingers crossed he finds a job soon.

Off to get needles in an hour

hope she's ok afterwards. I think she'll want lots of mummy cuddles.

Ambah slept absolutely fantastic last night, 11.5 hours!!!!! DD1 is at preschool today, so it's just me with the 2 little ones. Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    hope she's ok afterwards. I think she'll want lots of mummy cuddles.

Ambah slept absolutely fantastic last night, 11.5 hours!!!!! DD1 is at preschool today, so it's just me with the 2 little ones. Bliss
    Wow Jodi!!!! I can't begin to imagine that. We are still every couple of hours feeding.

Good luck Ammaki xx

dusty, I know! I woke up this morning and just presumed it was her usual wake up time (which is 3.30am), but NO! I think it helps that since it's hotter here, we have the air con on in the bedrooms overnight. I know that helps the 2 older girls sleep longer as well.

wow Jodi, what a sleep!!!

L cried for 30 seconds then mummy picked her back up & she was fine, think its getting to her now tho shes had a few whinges! Ive never heard her cry the way she did tho, poor baby!!!

What a brave bubba and mum! We get DD's in 2 weeks

OK i spoke too soon, my poor bubba is hysterical! Lucky the nurse gave us a kids panadol, havent given her any yet tho

ammaki - Ambah did the same. I ended up having to give her panadol as I couldn't settle her. It only took about 20 min and she went to sleep, and slept for 4 hours that day. Hope L settles soon for you.

hello ladies. sorry i have been so slack!! hope all your bubbas are doing well

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    ammaki - Ambah did the same. I ended up having to give her panadol as I couldn't settle her. It only took about 20 min and she went to sleep, and slept for 4 hours that day. Hope L settles soon for you.
    Kailey was hysterical for about 30 mins afterwards, her crying was heard all over the medical centre. I had to give her panadol to calm her down and she slept for about 6 hours.

She puts herself to sleep, i have a chair that is hers. it has a blanket on it and when she starts showing signs of being tired i put her on her belly put a blanket over her put her dummy in her mouth and walk away within 5 mins shes asleep and can be up to 5 hours.

She is also still in size 0000 who elses bubba is still small? i think shes coming up to a growth spurt she is eating 180mls every 4 hours and sleeping quite a bit now.

Laila is still in 0000

She was fine for about 4 hours then just cracked it and was hysterical, DP had a shower with her and got her to sleep then i took over and she slept for a few hours then woke at 6:30pm in hysterics again so i gave her a little panadol and a feed and she went back to sleep. If the panadol knocks her out should i wake her for feeds or let her sleep? I dont think shes fed enough this afternoon IMO

Have you done dream feeds? When kailey has been sleeping for a while and i dont want to disturb her i pick her up gently and then give her a bottle. She drinks it and stays asleep.

No never tried that! Might see if she wakes and if not will give that a go! Wonder if it works the same with breast feeding? Ive been told bubs have to work harder when BFing so will be interesting to see! Thanks KM

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast