Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

yeah, dream feed should work fine with b/f. It's up to you, but see how she sleeps before trying the dream feed.

Ambah is in 000, but is starting to get too long for them. She's tiny in weight, but really long.

Ammaki, did yountry the dream feed? Hope Laila slept well for you.

KM, I have Lexie in 000 but some 0000 still fit her & some of the 000 are too big, due to different brands etc.

I'm really tired this morning, even though I had around 7 hrs sleep. Wish I could go back to sleep but all the kids will start getting up soon. It's usually a toss up between Lexie & DD2 that are up first. DD1 loves to sleep in, she's always been a good sleeper, even as a baby she'd sleep in til 9am, wish Lexie & DD2 would too.

Didnt have to dream feed, she didnt sleep that well but its probably because she slept all arvo into the night then woke at 11pm LOL silly me! Shes happy again today!!

Hope you get a nap in today Leigh

Hey all

Ammaki, glad shes feeling better today

Someone asked about clothes size, Tehya is in 000 still, I had her at the health center yesterday and she is 5.2kg & 60cm long

Well I did the clean out this morning, out with the 000 in with the 00’s for Hudson... LOL. It actually makes me a little sad, he’s grown too fast. Can’t believe some bubs are still in 0000’s, H wore one 0000 in hospital and it came half way up his legs, so funny.

Jodi, WOW Amber slept for 11.5 hrs. That is crazy!! (in a good way) Pleeease send some sleep tips to my house, H is still not a very good night sleeper and waking/feeding at least twice. He’s in his cot now in his own room which is working out better because damn they become noisy little sleepers don’t they??!

Amy, glad to hear that Laila is settled again today. You now have two whole months to psyche yourself up for the next lot of needles. How’s your b/f going? Has your supply picked up? I’ve been making lactation cookies and find they help with my supply. Let me know if you want the recipe, I just found it on the net. They’re pretty yummy.

Dusty, I sometimes need to settle H in my arms. When he’s really tired he’ll start flailing his little arms around everywhere and he doesn’t like being wrapped. So I pick him up & give him a cuddle and he nods off pretty quickly. He goes to sleep on his own in his rocker but is absolutely obsessed with his mobile (whether it’s turned on or off) so won’t go to sleep in his cot on his own. He will lay for ages chatting away happily to it, very handy when I need hour to myself.

Leigh, hope the kids give you some rest today. How’s DH job hunting going? The company my DH works for is going through a slow period so looks like he may be made redundant. It’s all a bit stressful with a mortgage and a baby and me being on maternity leave.

Hi to JLK, KM and Quegsley.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend of sport, I know my DH is.

I forgot to add in my last post, does anyone elses bub dribble a lot? H is a real rasberry blower and dribbler and he likes to suck on anything he can get in this mouth. He tried to suck my girlfriends face last week!!

Kaileys a tiny tot! 0000 were way too big on her when she was born. She looked soo cute and now some jumpsuits dont fit but everything else fits fine. And shes a big dribbler and loves to give "kisses" haha shes so sweet she will be on my chest and she will lift her head up and open her mouth which is when she wants kisses, she makes me cry so much because she is just sooo cute and sweet. I dont hear her when im sleeping and shes in with us. I do wake up sometimes and see shes either too far under the blanket or smooshed up to the back of DP. but we all sleep well in the bed together

Hi ladies jumping in here if you don't mind.
    My dd2 was born on the 16th after a 5 hour drug free labour. She is 10 weeks on Monday and growing so so fast I also have a 2.5 year old daughter.
    I'm on my phone at the moment and its really complicated to navigate, so I will have to come back when on the computer next.

L was bang on 5kg yesterday! 0000 clothes only fit if there are no legs, otherwise she's in 000 but then they are too big in the chest area! Oh the dramas haha.

H must be a long baby Rach! BF is going well, she has one formula bottle towards the end of the day tho! Supply must have picked up again coz im getting the 'full' feeling, you know the aching feeling you get when your boobs are really full haha.

We did a little chrissy shopping today! So glad to be getting a lot done already, how are you girls going with that?

Edit: Hi Fruit Tingles!! Welcome aboard

Hi ladies,

There's been a flurry of activity in here!

Dusty - I usually have to settle Ted in my arms. If the timing's right (i.e usually in the middle of the night), I will put him down and he'll just drift off, but mostly during the day he needs help.

Wow Ammaki, you are so organised! I haven't even thought of Chrissy yet!

The bubs all sound as though they're doing well. Ted is half in 000, half in 00, depending on the brand. He's a much bigger boy than his brother was!

I am having some issues with my mum at the moment. My parent are quite old (mid 70s) but in very good health. I don't want to bore you all with the details, but in a nutshell she has been a very disinterested grandmother. I know it's not just me, as she does the same thing to my sister who lives here as well. I'm not sure if I told you, but when I went into labour, I called mum & dad (which was the arrangement) to come and look after DS1 and they never answered the phone. I ended up calling my sister to come over (luckily it was a Sat night and neither her nor hubby were working, and their kids didn't have to go to school). Mum maintains she never heard the phone, despite me calling the home phone & mobile, and the fact it was the night of my due date. Since Ted was born, she's been over to visit 3 times, staying for about 5 mins each time (we live a 3 min drive away, and I know she drives past almost every day).When I said something to her about it all, she became very defensive and all of a sudden I am the bad person! I could go on & on, but I won't. Sorry for the rant, but it's nice to get it off my chest.

Sorry for the selfish 'me' post. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends x

BTW - Welcome Fruit Tingles! What is your lovely DD2's name?

She is Emily it was a toss up between Emily and Darcy but we went with Emily because it just seemed to suit her more.
    She is still so tiny, was 3080grams at birth and was only 3840 at the 6 week check up. She is just starting to go into 000s now!

Hi girls,

Fruit Tingles, welcome to our group. I'm am looking forward to getting to know you & little Emily.

Queg, your mum sounds exactly like DH's parents. DH's dad & stepmum don't live here but they never ring us, not even for birthdays or Xmas & the kids never get presents from them. But DH's mum lives but never has anything to do with our kids unless it suits her. She never comes over or won't babysit. She's lucky if she sees the kids twice a year. Her main focus in life is trying to find a boyfriend. I know DH is annoyed that his parents show very little interest in the kids. When his parents do see the kids our kids won't go near them
    coz they're scared & don't even know they're their grandparents. It's upsetting for me to see it coz the kids have a great relationship with my parents. So queg I would be annoyed if I were you too. In the long run it's your parents who will miss out. Does your sister get annoyed/upset about it too?

We finally put DD2 in her big girl bed for the first time last night (so Lexie can have the cot soon). I was very surprised that DD2 didn't have any dramas sleeping in the bed coz she's always been a kid who will only sleep in the cot or car, even when she was a newborn. Yesterday after we set the bed up she climbed in
    it & pulled the covers up & said ni night, it was cute.

Same story here with DPs parents, they live 20 minutes away and have seen DD once, only because they towed DPs project car from their property to our house...thats it. AND my dad hasnt held her yet, he asks about her all the time and loves when we visit b ut he wont hold her, at first i was like ok youre a big guy shes little you dont want to break her i get it (even tho i told him he wont) but now its just getting to be beyond a joke.

Good job to your DD Leigh! Maybe she was excited being in her big girls bed hehe. So adorable!!

Love the name Fruit Tingles, she is a small girl huh! My DD was 3445g at birth and is now 5kg!

Welcome Fruit Tingles & congrats on the birth of Emily. She sounds tiny.

Amy, great to hear that your breast feeding is back on track. We've bought a few Christmas presents for Hudson, DH bought him a rocking horse months and months ago. H was 56cm when born and is now 67cm. He's bang on the 97th percentile for weight and height. I think they definitely need to make baby clothes sizes a little longer.

Quegsley, Ted sounds like he's a big burly boy like H. So very cute. Sorry to hear about your mum, it must be very disappointing and hurtful. Especially to leave you in the lurch when you were in labour.

Leigh, how exciting moving DD2 to the big bed and how excellent that she enjoyed it. Hope she keeps it up.

Not much happening here, waiting for bub to wake up so I can go grocery shopping (excitement). Had another ordinary night last night, DH looked after him this morning so I could have a sleep in which was nice. I freaked when I woke up and the clock on my phone said 9am.. stupid daylight savings had put my phone ahead 1 hr. I would LOVE to have daylight savings in Qld.

I need the rain to go away because I'm running out of cloth nappies and I think I've wrecked my Cushie Tushies by putting them in the dryer. Bugger!!

Lol we had the same problem this morning with the clocks, although DP was meant to start work at 8am and he left the house at 8:30am haha

Mum is up this weekend and she bought the rocking horse i used when i was a child with her, so awesome!!

Thanks girls for your replies. Ammaki & Leigh I'm sorry to hear you have had similar experiences. My sister gets upset about it too. Thank God for her. We can ring each other and vent! I figure it's my mum who's the biggest loser - she's missing out on seeing her grandkids grow up. Her loss.

Leigh I'm glad your DD2 likes her big bed. It's always a worry wondering how they'll go. My DS1 transitioned pretty well, although he occasionally gets up and comes out of his room when he's being cheeky - like now! Grrrrrr........

Rach, I hope you have a better night tonight. Is H not settling after night feeds? Or is he waking frequently?

Well it reached 20 degrees here today. Hooray! It was so lovely. I'd forgotten how much a nice day boosts your spirits. I think it's back to 13 degrees later in the week, so today was a teaser. Ted loved it though, sitting out in the sun in his bouncer then going for a walk in the pram. Poor thing was probably vitamin D deficient LOL! My sinuses are infected again, so it's off to the GP again tomorrow. I never got sick pre-kids!

Hope all the mums and bubs are well x

Quegsley - Where on earth to you live for it to be so cold?? I can understand why you love it when the warm weather rolls around. Hope you feel better soon.
    H is great for his first sleep of the night, he goes down anywhere between 7-8pm and wakes usually between 12-1am for his first feed. So it's good solid block but it's after this that he wakes frequently and/or wants to have playtime. Something is up with him at the moment, yesterday he was clingy & wouldn't sleep at all, maybe 2hrs all up. Then it took 4 goes to get him down last night, which has never ever happened before. DH finally got him down by wrapping him, something he usually doesn't like either.
    He seems to be in a better mood today, he's sleeping at the moment. Lets see how long it lasts.

Weather has been gorgeous yesterday & today on the GC! Loving it!!

Rach Laila is much the same with her sleeping, down between 8 & 9 up around 1am then 3am them 6am, im fine with her waking like that as long as she goes back to sleep after feeding which she did last night but most nights takes minimum an hour to feed her and get her back to sleep. 2 times she has slept from 8pm to 3am, it was awesome!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast