Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

It's lovely weather in Bris too, although the clouds are starting to creep over now. I got all my cloth nappies dried yesterday in the sun, luckily cause I was running pretty low.

H has only slept like that once and it wasn't too long ago. I just thought by now, at almost 12 weeks, his sleeping at night would be improving not getting worse. So frustrating. Anyway that's my boohoo for the day LOL

Last edited by Rachett; October 5th, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

Rach, I live in Ballarat which is about 1-1.5 hrs west of Melbourne. It's a lovely place, but sits high up (not called the central highlands for nothing!). It's notoriously cold in winter. I grew up here, then lived in Melb for 15 years, then moved back about 2 years ago. I'd forgotten how cold it can get! Summer is beautiful, though, because it still gets very hot, but cools down nicely in the evenings.

Ted is similar with his sleeping. Down at 6-7pm, then up for a feed usually between 1 and 2am. However, sometimes it's 10:30pm, and maybe once it was 3am! He's then up again about 5-6am, but daylight saving has helped and now it's more like 6-7am. Thank God, because I usually can't get him back to sleep after the early morning feed.

I remember getting really frustrated when DS1 wouldn't 'sleep through' at this age either, as everyone else's babies seemed to. It ended up taking 12 months. Each bub is different, and until they are about 6 months, there is really nothing you can do to make them sleep through. It is hard when they won't resettle, though. Luckily Ted goes straight back down after the earlier night feed. I try and make it as quiet and dark as possible, and avoid a nappy change if I think I can. It meant having to give up catching up on my TV shows during the night feeds, but it seems to work.

Lovely day in Cairns too after a wet weekend. Finally getting all my nappies dry too Rach.

Queg, my sister lives in Melbourne & when we were there at Xmas we drove to Ballarat for the day. It's such a pretty place. My mum fell in love with it & my sister is always harping on at her to move down to Vic. Mum said she would move to Ballarat if she does decide to move down. DH & I have both said next time we go visit my sister that we will go for a drive to Ballarat again.

Hey all, weather has been beautiful here too (nsw/vic border).

How is everyone going, not a lot going on here, fighting with Tehya to get more than 20 minutes at time sleeps during the day, although i cant complain because she sleeps from 9.30 - 10pm till 7am every night.
    She has a terrible nappy rash at the moment that for the life of me I cant work out where she has got it from nor can i seem to clear it up, so today if the weather is nice it's outside for a little bit of sunlight on the bum

naww poor little Tehya!! I hope the weather is nice so she can have some nakey sun time hehe & i want to get out in the garden today. Laila loves staring at trees & flowers so im going to sit her in her bouncer in the shade whilst i do some gardening

Poor Tehya, hope the rash clears up really soon.

Bloody rainy again here today & I've got two days worth of nappies to get dried.

I found something to clear it up, PawPaw cream/ointment.
    so much for the sun, thunderstorms & rain have arrived, lol

ohhh pawpaw fixes everything! Love it!!

I'm a fan of paw paw ointment too. Glad it's clearing it up!

it certainly seems to be doing the trick

Love pawpaw here too

Welcome fruit tingles and Emily!

DD had an US on her hips today and turns out she has hip displaysia and has to get a brace. Reeling a bit here but will find out what this all means in coming days. Looks like DD will be heading into 00s pretty soon to fit into it.

Ammaki my DD has similar sleep patterns to your DD. Maybe because they are the youngest in the group and will change over time? She sleeps well in the day still but we put a fair bit of effort into settling and helping her stay asleep. I find it hard to sleep in the day so I try to get a sleep in with DH taking over from about 5 or 6am until she needs another feed.

Thanks everyone for your experiences with settling. I think we over settle her a bit but she is only 7 weeks and I think she is getting better at it if she isn't overtired.

I had my first girls night out the other night, only until 8.30pm but still it was so nice to sit around have a couple of drinks and a laugh/gossip.

ETA: Oh yeah I have finally done up my birth story, but warning it is long LOL.
    Last edited by dusty; October 7th, 2010 at 06:14 PM.

hey guys, I've been reading but haven't had a chance to post anything lately. It seems as soon as I've caught up to date with everything, one of the girls need me. They're at kindy tomorrow, so I'll come back and do a proper post.

But just quickly - Dusty - your poor dd, having to get a brace. When will that have to be fitted?

Dusty, poor Freya needing the brace. Lexie had to have the hip scan too but she doesn't have hip dysplasia. I did some reading on here when she went for her scan & posted in the hip dysplasia thread, the girls were lovely & very helpful. Any idea how long she'll need the brace? One good thing is at least she is being treated early. Can't wait to read your birth story, will pop over & read it soon.

Hi Jodi, hope you're well.

ok, I'm back. Hopefully I have enough time to right a proper post before someone needs me.

Ambah is doing really well. Last week she was a little off. Not sick or anything, but just really unsettled. Then on Sunday morning she woke up and was her happy little self again, annnnnnd, has started rolling! She can now roll from her back to her belly. It took just an hour for her to practice and master it Last night she slept 12.5 hours, man it was good to get a decent sleep. Especially as she was so unsettled last week, she was feeding every 1.5 hours during the day! She's her happy little self again today. A growth spurt last week maybe??

dusty - you must have enjoyed that girls night out I bet

jlk - rash all cleared up now? I love pawpaw cream as well Is your DD's sleeping any better now during the day?

rach - at 12 weeks, there is a growth spurt that they go through. That might be the reason for his sleeping becoming worse. Hopefully things start improving, I'm sure it will.

How is everyone else and their bubbas going? I have to go grocery shopping today, with all 3 kids. Joy. My own fault, I could have gone yesterday with no kids, but no, I had to sit on my butt all day and watch Bathurst didn't I lol

wow Jodie, 12.5 hours!! We are awake every 2 hours at least at night due to cosleeping

The news about the brace is settling in now. I hope to hear something this week as to what happens next, as now I want her in it ASAP to get her out ASAP.

DD was also a little under the weather and woke up yesterday all smiles. Phew.

double post!

Ohhh Jodi, 12.5 hours *drools* haha. DD has gone backwards with her sleeping, we now get a maximum block of 3 hours...Saturday night she woke every hour from 1am to 5am then i just got up because she wouldnt go back down! Similar story last night!

How long does the brace need to be on Dusty?

I was showering with DD the other night and i was washing her face and she had a little giggle, it was so adorable! She always has a gaspy attempt at laughing but this was an actual giggle! Been spending most of my time trying to get her to do it again ahaha.

Another day indoors today, the weather on the GC is horrible!

Red face HI everyone

Hi to everyone
    i hope you are all good and your little bundles of joys as well, i to love the paw paw ointment it is just such a great thing to have and we have used it for so many different things over the years with 6 kids and all.
    The twins had their hip ultrasounds last week as they were both born breech they suggested that we have this done , and the results came back all normal so that was a great relief for me.
    They are smiling and making cooing sounds trying to make conversation with their smiles just too cute.
    Kane is getting harder and harder to breastfeed , so i try as much as possible but he gets frustrated with the breast really quickly so i give him whatever milk i express , but Jai on the other hand loves the boob so at least i still have one that will allow to be breastfed, we are still topping up with formula s 26 , i am planning to take them tomorrow for a weigh in at the clinic so hopefully they have put on good weight.
    We are now in mainly 000 , still some 0000 but mostly they have grown out of the smaller 0000.Sleep wise they sleep around 5-6 hours at night and 3-4 hours during the day , but it can be shorter at times.
    Well must be off to make up bottles and pack away baby clothes, FUN LOL!!!!
    Take care to all
    Kelly, Jai and kane

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast