Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

Hi Girls,

Leigh that's great news about DH's job. I hope the shift work fits in with your fam. DH and I are both shift workers, and find it works really well for us. Although it is hard doing evenings on your own!

DS1 didn't eat til he was 9 months. He just wasn't into it (it's still a battle getting food into him!). I was really stressed about it at the time, but shouldn't have been - he ate eventually! The net feeder was what finally worked in the end. He was never into food from a spoon either - and still isn't. He's always liked to feed himself finger foods. Because of that I was still breastfeeding a lot, and AF didn't return til he finally started to eat and I cut down on feeds. I reckon Ted will be different though - he's such a different baby. Had his 4 month vaccinations last week, poor love. Wasn't happy. All good again now, though.

Hope you are all well. I wonder how some of the other girls are going that we haven't heard from in ages - Molly, 1st time etc? Hello if you're out there!

Have a nice weekend everyone x

Hey all,
    hope everyone is well

Tehya is going well and is still fully breastfed but i will start her on solids soon. My oldest 3 started solids at 4 months, mind you they are 17, 15 & 12 so back then (god i feel old) that was when they said to start them, my 6yr old was about 5 months when she started

Hi Lovely Ladies.

Advice please! Is anyone having sleep problems at night with their littlun' during this warmer weather/lighter mornings? At least I think that's why we are having sleep problems at the moment.

Tilly was sleeping so well, going to sleep between 1900 and 1930 then sleeping through until about 1500 for a feed, then up and awake at 0615 to start her day. But for the past two weeks she has been going to sleep at the same time, but will then add an 2300ish feed, then a 0230ish feed, then an 0430ish feed, then up and awake at 0530 to start her day. I don't mind at all attending to her, but I am getting a bit exhausted from lack of sleep and am wondering if I'm missing something?!

Her room used to be a lovely constant 21 degrees, but with the warmer weather it's now about 27 degrees, and we only have a pedestal fan in her room to help with the air circulation. She sleeps in a BBH Bamboo nappy and a short sleeved bodysuit. We usually put her in a sleeping bag as well but it's just too warm to use it at the moment. I thought that she was waking up because she was too warm but her arms and legs are always a nice temp (even a bit cool) when I go in to feed her. Any thoughts?

blujooce - I'm not sure. We have roughly the same temps here (in North Qld), but we have a/c, so that makes it a little different. When Ambah goes to bed, it's still quite warm, so we have her a/c on until we go to bed, when we turn hers off. She sleeps in a short bodysuit with her little cocoon (which is a very light cotton).
    It might not be the weather at all, it could be the 4 month growth spurt that she's going through?

Sorry, no help here. I had the central heating on last night! Ted even wears his long-sleeved polar fleece sleeping bag some nights! Is it worth just putting Tilly in a nappy and a light sleeping bag? I know even on a hot night, I like to have a sheet over me.
    I'm still up a couple of times a night, there really is no pattern yet. Looking forward to that elusive 'sleeping through' milestone! *yawn*
    We're tackling toilet training with DS1 at the moment too. Never knew how fascinated a kid could be with their own poo! LOL!
    Hope everyone is well x
    PS Rach, I bought one of those bikes from that website! DS1 knows he's getting a bike and keeps wanting to watch internet video of kids riding them! Thanks again for the tip.

Hi girls,

it's so quiet in here, everyone must be busy. I've been trying to do my house work all morning but with a toddler & baby I'm not getting alot done. Tomorrow is DD1's last day of school & it will be nice not having to do the school run every morning & arv. I will be able to take my time getting things done in the mornings. I'm still not finished my Xmas shopping, think I might try & go tomorrow morning & get the rest done. Have any of you finished yours? Anyone started their bubs on solids yet? I still haven't started Lexie. My other two kids started just after 6mths so I might see how Lexie goes after Xmas/new year.

leigh - I finished my chrissy shopping an hour ago DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go into the shops with the girls! It is absolutely chaos in there. I have Em & Nina in kindy today, so went just with Ambah, and even that was a nightmare. They didn't have any baby trolleys left, so I had to use the pram. But I couldn't fit all the presents in! I had to get them all wrapped (yes, I'm lazy with that lol), so a lovely lady who was volunteering as a wrapperer helped me take them to the car.

Jodi, love your new pic! Gorgeous!
    Leigh, yes it is very quiet, isn't it? It's such a busy time of year. I have done most of my shopping online this year. I am keeping Aust Post in business! The same courier guy comes to our house almost every morning. It's getting embarrassing!
    Hope everyone is well and enjoying the festive season x
    PS Have a lovely pic of my boys I will post on FB.

i just have to pick up a layby and get a few gift vouchers then im done! So glad im organised this year, our car just died again so we have to find $1500+ to get it fixed

Its been raining for what seems like forever and we FINALLY got a sunny day today, onto my second full line of clothes & still need to fit our sheets somewhere...hmmm lol. House desperately needs to be swept & mopped but cbf...so hard with a bub!

Jodi, I've got no choice but to take the kids. Tomorrow I will only have the two younger ones but from next week I will have all 3 kids coz DH is still working 8.30am-6pm everyday. Most of the parents aren't sending their kids to school tomorrow but I am, it's going to be my last chance for a bit of peace & quiet (usually DD2 & Lexie sleep at the same time during the day). 6wks of school holidays is a looong time lol

cupcake - that really sucks about you car and reeeeally bad timing too.

quegsley - that's such a cute pic of your boys that you put up!

leigh - oh no! Try and get there first thing if you can. It's really crazy, and I can't believe how rude people are this time of year! grrrrr!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718