Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

Hi girls,

Jodi, fingers crossed you don't need a d&c. It's a good sign your not in pain or anything. That happened to my friend & she was getting bad temps etc due to an infection from the retained placenta. Ambah is a clever girl, Lexie rolls onto her side as well, my DD1 was the same, pretty much doing it from birth but not onto her belly etc til around 4mths I think. It's hard to remember what kid did what & at what age when you have more than one.

Rach, I bet Hudson's smile melted your heart. It's so precious! Hope he gets well soon!

1stTime, Kailey giving you kisses is adorable. Don't feel guilty about the feeding, I formula fed DD2 from birth but DD1 & Lexie were breastfed. I sometimes feel guilty for not breastfeeding her but know it was the right decision for me at the time & a happy mum & bub is all that counts!

Ammaki, wow sounds like Laila is thriving, excellent weight gain!

Hi to everyone else.

Have any of you given your bubs a dummy? Lexie doesn't have one but lately she's constantly wanting to feed & I know she can't be hungry all the time. My nipples are starting to hurt from feeding all the time, she must be using me for comfort. She's still sleeping well at night. She goes to sleep around 10.30pm & either sleeps through til around 6am, if she doesn't sleep through she wakes around 4.30-5.00am, feeds & then straight back to sleep so it's not too bad, I'm still getting a decent sleep, well I was until DH got sick. He's got the flu & it's keeping me awake at night.

Leigh Laila has a dummy, i was trying to delay it as much as possible but being in SCN they used a dummy to settle the her as i couldnt really pick her up to settle her so i just use it every now and then, most of the time she spits it anyway. DP is always running to the dummy when she's unsettled which drives me a little nuts but he's learning

So is there definitely placenta left behind or youre not sure? If there is I hope it passes Jodi!! Ive had a few clots which freaked me out when i saw them!!

Not sure Amy, ultrasound on Thursday will confirm if there's anything left.

leigh - we have a dummy for Ambah, but she very rarely uses it. Good luck picking DD1 up from school

Oh thats right, sorry Jodi you did mention that! Brain lapse? Hope all goes well!!

I gave Lexie a dummy just before & it did the trick for 5mins until it fell out. Both my other girls had dummies but I was hoping Lexie wouldn't need one. We'll see how we go I guess. I just don't want her too reliant on it.

Whoops! I didn't realise we had moved! I feel bad posting cos I promised whoever was left I would wait for them. Sorry Dusty if you're reading!

Welcome Seachange & Tash. Hope you and your bubs are doing well.

Jodi, I really hope you pass the rest of that placenta naturally. It would prob explain your pallor and loss of appetite, though? You poor thing. Especially with having Nina & Emily to run around after, too Wow that Ambah rolled! What a smart cookie!

I've got a dummy for Ted, too, though it is difficult to make him take it. I was hoping not to use one, either, Leigh but you do what you can at times!

1st time, don't get too caught up with Kailey sleeping through. Each bub is different and does it in their own time, no matter what you try. I remember getting in a real tiz because DS1 wouldn't sleep through (he did eventually of course!). It's not worth the stress (although the thought of uninterrupted sleep.....mmmmm), and remember K is still only little. Sounds like you're doing well.

Yay for the smile Rach! It's nice to get something back after the haze of those first few weeks!

AFM, I feel I'm constantly feeding or holding Ted. Sometimes it takes quite a few goes to put him down, too. I forgot how hard newbies can be to settle! I'm worried about getting into a habit, though, and him not being able to fall asleep on his own. I think I might wait til he is at least 6 weeks before trying to put him to bed awake, though. What do you ladies think?

Hi to everyone else x

quegsley - thanks hun. As for sleeping, I personally don't think it's an issue when they're so little. At the moment, Ambah will generally only go to sleep with a feed or very occassionally with a dummy. I'm not fussed, well not yet anyway. If she's still doing that in 6 months time, then I might start pulling my hair out lol.

leigh - dh said that same thing about dummies, he doesn't want to give Ambah one as she'll get too reliant and we'll have to keep putting it back in her mouth. But if it settles them, they YAY I say!

lol ammaki - that's ok hun. You got baby brain now, I understand

DD1 just picked Ambah up off the floor and put her in the dolls pram!!! I was in the bathroom, and I heard her say 'c'mon baby, lets go for a walk'. I raced out to the lounge room and Ambah is sitting up in the dolls pram! I nearly had a heart attack.

Lol that is very cute tho Jodi hehe

Queg i too was worried about L getting into the habit of sleeping in our bed but a few people (Jodi being one) have said not to be too concerned at this age, enjoy the snuggles whilst you can, so i am!!

Well, Laila just told me what she thought of her bath, 1 minute after i put her in she farted and pood LOL there goes that idea!! I got her face and most of her body done before the poosplosion!

HaHa Ammaki! Code Brown! That is so funny! I used to worry about DS1 pooing in the bath. He NEVER did til about 2 months ago, then he picked it up with his hand and showed it to me. Eeeeew! DH and I couldn't stop laughing.

Jodi I think it's prob better that we don't see half the stuff their older siblings do to our bubs! Yikes!

Thanks for the advice, Jodi & Ammaki. You're both right. I'm getting ahead of myself witht the sleep thing (and here I was telling 1st Time not to stress about it!). I should just enjoy the moment as it will go way too fast. I look at DS1 now and think how it seems like only yesterday he was a tiny as Ted. Next thing they'll being kicking the footy to each other in the back yard!

Hey all, popping in to see how everyone is, busy posting i see, i cant keep up, LOL. I'll be back later to try for some personals

Hi everyone , just a quick chat , as Kane is crying a little, had the twins weighed again yesterday and Jai has put on 330 grams in 8 days and Kane has put on 260 grams , so they are both doing great, i am busy trying to breastfeed as much as possible, but still having to top up with formula and expressed milk , i was pretty down about not being able to solely breastfeed , but when they are prem and in the nursery and not with you , it has made the breastfeeding road a bit harder , as my supply is not the greatest also and they get tired still really easily when they are trying to breastfeed, but they are getting better, so i am hoping that my supply will increase on time , when they can feed better at the breast.
    But they are happy and healthy and thats what is the most important thing.
    Glad to hear that everyone is doing well.
    Take care and i will chat again soon and hopefully try to get a picture of the boys on here.
    Cheers Kelly Jai and Kane

Just popping in to say hi, I can't keep up either

Jodi, how are you feeling? Let us know how the ultrasound goes.

Hi to everyone else

Hi girls, just a quick hello from me too. Took Lexie to the paed yesterday for her hip scan results, everything is normal. She now weighs 4.5kg, she has chubbed right up, especially in the past 2wks, think from all the comfort feeding.

I'm so tired today. DH is really sick with the flu, temps & a bad cough. He's at the dr right now. He's totally lost his voice too. I've had hardly any sleep the last two nights coz of it. I'm praying the rest of us don't get it.

Jodi, hope your scan goes well.

Hi to everyone else.

Thanks guys. U/S at 4pm. Been to the dr's, dr worried as my bp is 90/60 standing, and 80/50 sitting down. Not good. I'm so pale and larthargic, and the bleeding is heavy again. In a way I hope they find something as I will then know why I'm feeling like this. Will let you know how it goes.

leigh - fingers crossed no-one else gets sick. It's not easy when you've got a sick household. Rest up as much as you can. And way to go Lexie on the great weight gain!!

Thinking of you Jodi!!

Hope your DH recovers soon Leigh & you get some rest!!!

Hi to all!

We had some pics taken of Laila yesterday by a fellow BBer, Ozstar! She just showed me one of the pics! So cute, cant wait to see the rest!!!

Oh Jodi, you must feel terrible you poor thing. 80 systolic is low for blood pressure. Hopefully the ultrasound gives you some answers and you can deal with the prob quickly. Have you got a temperature?

Leigh, 'yay' for Lexie's hips, but 'boo' for your DH being sick. Sending lots of 'healthy' vibes your way!

Ammaki, can you post the pic? Would love to see it!

Just a quick post from me to say hi, bubs has an upset tummy and is not a happy camper. Hes def kept me on my toes today.

Jodi You poor thing, hope you get some answers soon so you can get back to being healthy. Thinking of you
    Very cute story about DD1 picking up Ambah, I bet that did give you scare.

Leigh Great to hear all is well with Lexies hips. She sure has chubbed up, sounds like shes thriving.

Amy Funny about Laila pooping in the bath, Hudson did the same thing in his first bath at home. I have since learnt not to feed too close to bath time. Please post some pics soon!

When does everyone bath by the way morning or evening? And do you do it every day? How often do you wash bubs hair?

Quegsley Funny about your DS1 too, argh the things we have to cope with as parents. LOL. No advice on Ted sorry, Im still trying to find my way.

Kel Great weight gain by the boys, hope to see a pic soon.

Hudson LOVES his dummy, hes a real sucker. If he doesnt have that he start sucking on his fingers.

Will check back in with you all tomorrow, H is awake now & DH is having trouble settling him. Sounds like its tucker time.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast