Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

Ammaki, I forgot to mention you can get some stuff called infacol or infants friend that is supposed to help with wind pain. You can get it from the chemist & I think coles sells it too. I used the infacol for the first time on Lexie this morning & that's when soon after she started farting then did her massive poo.

Thanks for that Leigh!! Will pop out and get some today! Will try anything to help my poor poppet!!

Id be waking your DH up! Lol. Mine has disappeared fishing! Damn him lol.

leigh - I was thinking about you last night, hoping that Lexie would settle. I really hope she doesn't have a sore throat, poor little chicken.
    Maybe throw something at dh next time to wake him up and to help

ammaki - defiinitely try the infacol or infants like leigh suggested if she won't drink the water. Some babies hate water, some love it. Great to hear about your night too!

We too had a bad night My family were over, and they wouldn't put Ambah down, even though she was really tired and just wanted to go to bed. I kept telling them, but they wouldn't listen. It got to the point that she was so overtired, that she ended up screaming for 2 hours! DH eventually settled her and got her to sleep. Then she woke at 3.30 for a feed, and decided it was awake time!! So I am extremely tired today. Both girls are sleeping now, so I'm off to have a nap while I can.

Hey all, I am still here, just not getting time to post

Hiii jlk!!

Ok, bought Infacol, the box says from 4 weeks, L is barely 3, should i maybe talk to a doc or something before using it?

yeah, probably talk to the dr or pharmacist first. Maybe keep trying the water as well. Did you try a bottle or syringe with the water?

I used a bottle, shed take a few drops at a time, not a lot tho. Shall hold off on the Infacol for as long as possible

hi loverly baby buds

i made it here finally! what a ride its been too.

Am now home with DD (Freya Molly) and being looked after by DH and mum as I sustained 4th degree tear, large blood loss and other complications under a GA. My birth though was wonderful, drug free and she entered the world at 9lbs and apgars 9/9. So much for thinking I was having a boy. I will do a birth story once I work out what happened, its slowly coming together after the post birth trauma.

I hated hospital and was chained to the bed with things that go beep etc so caring for DD was so hard. I had to ask the MW to do everything for her and me and at the same time recover from it all.

I think I will need lots of your advice on things you are all so familiar with now as am feeling pretty fragile and trying to give DD all that she needs. Hormones and emotions have been raging but my family have been wonderful looking after me and protecting me from the outside world in a way. This is not how I imagined having a babymoon but we are celebrating and enjoying our miracle each day the best we can.

i'll catch up with you and your bubs all soon.
    xx

Wow Dusty, your birth story sounds like it will be interesting!

I hope you are all mended soon! How long is your mum around? Does she live nearby?

big hugs dusty. Those post baby blues do crazy stuff to us. We're here whenever you need us hun, Just remember, all Freya needs is love, everything else will fall into place eventually

Dusty, great to hear from you. Can't wait to read your birth story. I agree with everything Jodi said. Having a baby can be very overwhelming at times, especially when we haven't had much sleep.

Ammaki, I forgot that you can't use the infacol until after a month, sorry. Hopefully the water will work for Laila soon.

Jodi, did you manage to get a sleep today? I didn't, I'm buggered. DH isn't home until 8pm and he wont be home tomorrow night either, he has a bucks party to go to, I kind've wish he wasn't going so he could stay home and help me at night for once, especially coz Im sick too, nevermind.

Next weekend we have that wedding to go to where DH is in the bridal party and the only people I know is the bride, groom and DH. I've decided not to go, i am going to take the kids to the ceremony then come home. I feel bad but its too hard leaving Lexie at the moment and I would have to start pumping galore to get some stored milk for her and then find time to pump while I am at the wedding etc.

Well after a nice long bath, lots of cuddles & squirming L passed a lot of wind and seems a little more relaxed! Still a bit squirmy but a little happier!!

Lets see if we can get more our, poor poppet!!

It would be hard to leave your new bubba Leigh, especially when you dont really know anyone at the wedding!!

Yay Dusty! You made it! Sounds like things became a little difficult with Freya's birth, you poor love. As long as you two are ok and recovering well, that's the main thing. Yes, it's an emotional rollercoaster having a bub, so strap yourself in! Try not to be hard on yourself, and remember that it's completely normal to feel hopelessness, contentment, love, frustration, joy and fear, sometimes all within an hour! Like Jodi said, we are all here x

Just popping in to say hi. Reading while nursing is easy but typing not so much Just wanted to see how you are all getting on. Leaky boobs here too, if I recall it was somewhere between 3 and 6 months things settled down in that dept. with DS. Paige gets tummy troubles too so I read up on massage. I can't see how water would do any good, at this age could do more harm than good by filling them up and putting them off a feed.

Rough night here L finally let out 4 massive farts this morning! Poor bubba!

Hi Twin. I'm typing one handed too!

Leigh, I hope you got some sleep last night. Are you and Lexie on the mend? I reckon you've made the right decision about the wedding.

Ammaki, I'm no help with tummy probs, sorry, although I find a bit of tummy tiime usually results in some farts LOL!

How are you going Dusty?

Hi to everyone else. Don't forget to vote!

Hi girls,

Ammaki, hope you manage to get some sleep today. Lexie has been farting today but they smell like rotten egg. I am trying to think what I've eaten differently that could have caused it, nothing comes to mind.

Twin, how are you going? I will look into baby massage, thanks for suggesting it.

Queg, Lexie slept through from 10:30am until 5:40am so that was good but we never got to go back to sleep. My two other kids slept in until 9am so if Lexie went back to sleep (like she usually does after a feed) I would've had a great sleep. I am still so tired after Thursday night. After Lexie's feed this morning all she did was cry, cry, cry. Makes me think sometimes that she might have colic, don't know though.

I was so tired this morning I told DH as of tomorrow I am putting Lexie on the bottle, I'm not going to but sometimes I feel like it coz I do absolutely everything for Lexie. DH has changed 2 nappies since she has been born and bathed her once and has never changed her clothes. This is his 3rd child, you'd think he'd be a pro by now. Grrr sorry for the vent. He does do a lot more to help with DD1 and DD2 than he used to though.

DH is off to a bucks party tonight. They're having a stripper and nude waitresses. I didn't know about the nude waitresses until this morning. Apparently they've ordered the most dirtiest stripper going. Apparently the bride wants the groom to get the full works.........beats me why you'd want your fiance to get all that. I've seen what the strippers do and there is no way I would want them to do some of that stuff to DH. I told DH he is sleeping on the couch tonight coz his snoring is bad enough sober, let alone drunk lol.

leigh - I'm curious, how was the bucks party? I do hope he starts helping out with Lexie though, although I can relate. DH does a lot with DD1 & 2, but not so much with Ambah. I think he thinks that I can deal with her, and he'll do the other 2. He forgets though that the other 2 are very easy.

ammaki - how was Laila last night? More settled than the night before?

DH & I went out for dinner with Heath's work mates last night. We took Amabah with us, and she slept through it all It was nice to get out with the other 2 kids.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast