Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

Jodi, DH is still asleep so not sure how the party was. He did ring me last night telling me the waitresses were walking around naked & pouring alcohol over their boobs & wanting the boys to lick it off. DH reckons he never did but as if he'd want me to know if he did. So I don't know what went on. Hopefully he tells me when he gets up, although i'm not sure if I want to know. Where did you go for dinner? Wouldve been nice getting out. I'm so happy, Lexie slept from 10.30pm til 7.45 am. Would be nice if she kept it up. Can't complain, she usually sleeps through til at least 5am anyway, apart from when she's sick.

Leigh i have the exact same thoughts about putting L on the bottle, i wont but i have the same frustrations with DP. Especially now we are having wind problems, DP slept all Friday night then napped yesterday and went to bed at about 9pm, he just got up and said im going to bed now, i replied with lucky you!!

So in answer to your question Jodi L wasnt settled last night well more so in the afternoon, but she did sleep from 9:45pm until 2:30am then woke every hour or so.

Thats awesome you got to go out for dinner!! Im jealous lol.

How do you feel about all the nakedness Leigh? Id be annoyed i think, not so much about the nakedness but all the pouring and licking lol

DH is struggling today with being hungover & he's got to go to work ha ha good job, serves him right for drinking too much. Yeah I was a bit annoyed that they were wanting all the guys to lick alcohol off them, DH is still saying he never did but I bet if I was fine with it he would have. Apparently all his friends were giving him a hard time coz he never. I said it's ok for the guys who are single but they shouldn't expect a married man to do it. DH had videoed the groom doing stuff to her & took photos with his ph & showed me. I deleted them after I looked ha ha, that way him & his mates can't go looking at them again.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed at my DH/DP! I often feel terrible, though, coz my DH is a huge help. I think it's the old adage of taking things out on those closest to you. He has been really good with DS1 while I look after Ted. Sometimes I feel a bit housebound, though, as those two go out for walks etc and it's far too cold here to take Ted out.

Leigh, Lexie is a champion sleeper! WooHoo! Makes all the difference when you can get some decent rest yourself. Hope she keeps it up.

Hope everyone else is well and managing to get some sleep here and there.....

Hi everyone- just reading about how some of you have bubs with belly pains, colic type thing , one of my twins, Jai has had terrible pains and it started about 2- 3 weeks old and he is now almost 6 weeks, the other night was just awful , he was screaming his lungs out and trying to feed and arching his back and farting and just in so much pain, we had bought INFACOL and gave this to him , it took a little while to work but it did seem to help relieve him.
    It is so hard to see them in pain and not be able to help them. Poor little bubbas.XXX
    I spoke to the clinic nurse and she said that it is very safe to give the bubs INFACOL , and definately if they are in pain and showing signs of colic pains like my little man was.
    When he was farting it smelt terrible and i to wondered what the cause was , but i am breastfeeding half and bottle feedong the other , so it is hard to say.
    Wish i could just completely breastfeed , but it was not meant to be , i just dont have enough supply to feed 2 babies and i ahve not had to wear any breast [pads at all, unlike with my 4 other kids my boobs would leak all the time and this time they will only leak if i havent expressed or fed overnight.I was becoming really stressed and upset about it but i am happy that i can still breastfeed at least some of the time, i really love feeding both the boys together, such a cute special moment.
    Well must be off but take care to all.
    Kelly Jai and Kane

Rach I forgot to ask how your mastitis is going? Yowch! Hope the antis are helping.

Hi Kel, you are doing so well feeding both your boys. Are they sleeping ok? I always wonder how things work with twins. are they pretty much in synch with feeding and sleeping, or are they on different schedules? Either way, you must be so busy! Love your ticker picture. Gorgeous.

Kel, I think you're doing a wonderful job with your feeding too. It's hard enough breastfeeding one baby at times so I can't imagine what it would be like with twins. You're doing great. Your boys are gorgeous.

Queg, I feel a bit house bound too lately. I hardly get out of the house & when I do it's always for doctors appointments or something, nothing fun. DH has bee. Doing the school run for me coz lexie's always feeding at that time but I miss going to the school & chatting to the mums & seeing all the cute stuff DD1 has been making.

Lexie is 2mths old today, it has gone so fast. She had another great night sleeping 10pm til 7.10am, pity DD2 woke at 6am. Can never get all 3 to sleep in. DD1 usually sleeps in, it's just DD2 or Lexie that are the early birds.

Lexie & I are going out today......to a funeral of all things.

Thanks all for your praises with the breast feeding issues, it is very hard to feed both but it is much easier to tandem breastfeed than it is to hold 2 bottles at once , let me tell you, and we do have them on the same schedule, although Jai is a much slower feeder so it takes double the time, i just love the special bond that comes with being able to breastfeed your baby, and being able to fully feed my other 4 kids was upsetting that i couldnt do the twins, but i am happy that they are healthy ,happy and growing.
    They are sleeping around 4-5 hours at a time so it is good, waiting for them to start the smiling which should be soon , they say around the 6 week mark and yes they will be 6 weeks this Wednesday.
    Must go as Kane is crying.
    Talk soon and take care to you and your bubs.
    Kelly , Jai and Kane

kel - I 2nd what everyone else has said, you are doing such a brilliant job! I absolutely love your ticker photo too, so cute!

Happy 2 months Lexie! I can't believe Ambah is 4 weeks old already.

It is really hot here today. At the moment DD1 is playing under the sprinkler in her undies. Ambah has been feeding a lot more often today, I think to keep herself hydrated.

Gotta run, DD2 has just pulled all of Ambah's nappies out. grrr!

Hey Ladies

Thanks for asking about me Quegs, mastitis is still raging in my left boob – so painful. Thank fully I haven’t had a fever or flu symptoms and Hudson is still feeding from it. I went back to the doctor today and she’s given me more antibiotics and till Friday for it to clear up otherwise she’ll send me to hospital for an ultrasound and it to be drained. She seems to think this will be the likely outcome given the size of the lump. What a nightmare outcome for my first attempt at breast feeding.

I’m starting to feel caged up too, Thursday marks 6 weeks so I can drive again – Woohoo!! Winter is almost over Quegsley so hopefully you can start getting outside for Ted for walks very soon.
    The warm weather has definitely come early for us Qlders, I’m feeling for you Jodi and Leigh.

Dusty - GREAT to see you in here at last. I bet little Freya is just gorgeous, she’s a great size for a bub over 2 weeks overdue. Looks like Hudson takes out the title for the biggest baby in our thread.

Kel – You are doing a great job with your breastfeeding, I would imagine it would be a constant thing to feed twins. The boys are just gorgeous, I love your ticker pic too. Hope they start giving you lots of smiles soon.
    Hudson was giving away some smiles this arvo, usually we have to work really hard for them. I even managed to catch a few on camera.

Leigh – I’d be really annoyed about the stripper, I wouldn’t so much mind them going to a strip club (because there are rules/laws in place) but the ones that come out to parties etc are pretty full on!! DH had a lap dance on his bucks night and the stripper used a belt on him, he had welts for a week!! I was a little unimpressed about it, didn’t need the reminder of his antics. Mind you I had the most gorgeous topless waiter at my hens, his name was Rocky and he was soooo damn sexy!!

Anyway better get back to cooking dinner, we’re having roast pork tonight.. yummo.
    Last edited by Rachett; August 23rd, 2010 at 05:41 PM.

I forgot to ask anyone having trouble with milk pimples/baby acne, Hudsons little cheeks and chin are covered them. They started to come up at around 4 1/2 weeks and have gotten worse since then, any quick fixes for them???

rach - Ambah has the milk spots as well. They'll go away soon. Just use a wet cloth rinsed in just plain water for them.

Rach, good to hear from you. Hopefully the ab's kick in & you won't need the lump drained. That happened to my mum when she was breastfeeding me. I was 6wks old & back in those days the dr told her to give up feeding so I was put on the bottle. My mum was devastated coz she breastfed my sister until she self weaned at 7mths so mum was hoping the same for me. Yes it kindve makes me sick what DH saw with the strippers & the nude waitresses. I saw a video of it & those girls just don't care what gets done to them. The groom then went into town & to a strip club & got a lap dance, I said to DH about the groom how many strippers does he need? I reckon he went overboard (nude waitresses, stripper at the party & then a lap dance in town). If that was DH who did it I would be annoyed. Makes me wonder if the bride is annoyed too.
    Lexie has bad milk pimples at the moment. Hers come & go. Some days her face is fine & other times it's shocking.

Jodi, it's definitely getting hot quickly, I'd hate to think what summer is going to be like. I will boil. DD2 is forever pulling lexie's nappies out too, drives me up the wall.

I still want to lose around another 15kg but at the moment I have no time to exercise. I've got a wii fit & I remember having to do it at 9pm when the kids were in bed after DD2 was born but at the moment I'm too tired to exercise that late at night & I'm definitely not getting up at 5.30 am to do it. What are the rest of you doing?

Tehya is 6 weeks old tomorrow, where is the time going

Oooh I'm jealous of you Qld girls! I would love some warm weather right now. What were DH & I thinking moving to the coldest town in the state? LOL!

Rach Ted has little pimples as well. They just appeared in the last couple of days. I remember DS1 having them at about 4 weeks too. I think it's a hormonal thing. I forget how long they last, sorry.
    the antis work and you don't need your lump drained. You've done so well to continue feeding. Well done you!

Leigh, like you I'm finding it hard to exercise. I even went so far as to hire a cross trainer for 3 months! With DS1 I walked the pram and the dog to a big hill every second day and walked up and down it 5-7 times! However, he was a summer baby and I didn't have a toddler to contend with too. I'm lucky to get on the cross trainer every 3rd day. It's driving me nuts, because I'm normally pretty active. I find exercising really helps my frame of mind, too. I guess it will get easier as our bubs get older and get into more of a routine.

JLK - doesn't it fly? I can't believe Ted is 4 weeks already!

jlk, time does go quick. I remember when I was pregnant with DD1 people used to say to me "before you know it she will be at school" I used to think yeah, yeah. But it is soooo true, my DD1 is in prep now, I get devastated that my children are growing way too quickly. Think I will find it really hard with Lexie seeing as she is my last bub and all.

Queg, I have thought about hiring a treadmill but I am worried about wasting money in case I don't get time to use it. It is hard to get out and about with a toddler in tow.

Thank the heavens for infacol!!!!

After no sleep Sunday night and a crying baby all day Monday i went to the after hours docs last night and he told me i COULD use infacol on DD just at a smaller dosage! Woo freaking hoo! 10 minutes or so after she took it she was burping and farting like her dad we went to bed around 10pm and she slept for 5 hours! Then had a feed and went straight back to sleep, i gave her another dosage this morning with her feed and the wind is still coming out! Poor poppet must have been so uncomfortable!

Sorry for the all about me, off to put the car in to get serviced & fixed!

ammaki - that is fantastic news! So glad it helped.

leigh - I have absolutely no time in the world to exercise at the moment. Most days I don't even get to have brekkie before 10am, or lunch before 3pm! I have an exercise bike, but the seat on it is a killer for my back, and it does more harm than good. I would love a treadmill, but don't have the $$.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast