Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~July 16th-31st 2010 #1

Twin, that quilt sounds beautiful. What a good idea & how lovely of your friends to make it.

Queg, you're lucky going to Bali every couple of years, bet you'll be able to buy heaps of kiddy clothes when you take your boys next year. I wouldn't trust breastfeeding as a form of contraception either. I was on the mini pill with DD1, with DD2 I got the implanon in & bled continuosly for 5mths so I had it removed. This time I don't have to worry coz my tubes have been tied.....well let's hope it works coz I've heard sometimes it doesn't.

Jodi, Ambah slept great for you last night. Bet you feel good this morning. Lexie went to sleep at 10pm & slept through til 5.50am, fed til 6.15am & straight back to sleep & still is now. My other two are up running wild, I'm surprised Lexie can sleep through it. DD1 is off to school soon.

Twin, Paige is sleeping really well! Good work. The quilt sounds lovely. What a great idea.

Leigh, can you send some of that good sleeping down my way? LOL!

Jodi, I've pulled out about 7 or so short bodysuits to send up to you - some have some blue on them, but they're fine for a little girl to wear. I have heaps more, but they're far too 'boyish!'.

Ted was in bed early least night, too, but he woke at 10pm, 1am, 4am and 7am. DS1 was up at 4:45am and wide awake in our bed. It's hard to get Ted to settle in the mornings, so needless to say I am still in my dressing gown & uggies. Noice!

Finally got my butt into gear and posted some pics of Paige on facebook. Hope his link works:
    Welcome to Facebook

Hey all, how is everyone? just cant seem to get time to post much, but i am reading all your posts

Tehya is going great, such a chubba, & sleeping from about 10pm till about 5-6am

twin - yep, the link worked You have a beautiful family.

jlk - hey! That's a great routine that Tehya is in, much like Leigh's dd Lexie. How do you pronounce Tehya? Is it like Tay-ya, Tee-ha? Or am I way off?

Ambah slept 6.30pm-3, feed, then 3-8 again last night. She gave me the biggest smile at 3am when I went to pick her up. She looked so excited to see me! Well, that, or most likely the boobies lol

Hi Girls,

Twin, love the photos. Your children are sooo cute! Cameron looks like he loves Paige so much.

jlk, Tehya is sleeping pretty much like what Lexie sleeps overnight. This morning she slept in until 7:30 am for me, but DD2 was up at 6:10 am. I have no idea why DD2 is getting up early lately, her room is nice and dark.

Jodi, gotta love the smiles hey, melts your heart. Lexie was smiling away at me in the bath before.

We went to our friends place who are getting married this weekend before. They were saying to me are you sure you can't come etc. In a way I kind've feel like going, just to get me out of the house but I don't like the whole idea of not knowing anyone, plus I would be leaving the kids from 2:30pm until after midnight. Its hard with Lexie's breastfeeding and that I would have to find somewhere to pump at the reception and coz I don't know anyone I would definitely have to drink while I am there.

DD2 keeps bringing me a cup cake mix out of the pantry, think she is hinting for me to make them.........hmmmm maybe tomorrow.

Gorgeous pics Twin!!

I could go some cupcakes Leigh hehe

Got an appointment at my chiro next week to get L checked out, that should help with her wind too!

Hope all is well with everyone, im having a Harry Potter marathon with my friends DD as she is in labour! How exciting!!

Hi everyone , just a quick pop in to say hi , sounds like the infacol has worked for a few of us, it has been a life saver for me and one of my twins, he was screaming so bad , the poor darling, now he is getting better.
    DUSTY_ i would love to catch up with you seeings that you live in Canberra just like me, i am in Gungahlin area but am happy to meet up somewhere when you feel up to it, my boys are 6 weeks old now but it still takes me 2 hours to get ready to get out of the house, you think i would have got it down to a T by now, it is just so hard to get up and go , even with 1 bub let alone 2. But they are worth it, .
    Still waiting for the smiles, i love it when they smile at you , it just makes your melt. XXXX.
    I am after good second hand or whatever anyone is wanting to get rid of in the way of clothes , i need 000 and 00 summer stuff, with hubby not working i would love to try and get some second hand items.We are in 0000 at the moment and warm things , as here in Canberra is like snow , today was just freezing.
    Well off to bed for me now and hopefully 4-5 hours sleep. Fingers crossed.
    Tale care all.
    Kelly, Jai and Kane

Thanks for the compliments on my family

JLK - I have a hard time keeping up and posting too. I tend to read while I'm nursing but hen typing is too hard one handed or someone decides I'm not paying enough attention to them and I have to run. Glad to hear Tehya is sleeping so well for you.

Jodi - you're so lucky to get so many smiles, they are amazing aren't they. I've had 2 or 3 from Paige and they made me sooo happy. Can't wait til she smiles all the time.

Leigh - lol at the cupcake mix, so sounds like something my DS would do. I know how you feel about the wedding, it's just too hard with a new baby. I got an invite to go out for drinks with some friends I have not seen in 10+ years if we make it down to visit family for Thanksgiving.... but at this point Paige won't take a bottle so I can't leave her to long which means I probably won't be able to go. They have kids too so I'm hoping for a play date instead, but drinks and night out would have been great.

Ammaki - Your Harry Potter marathon sounds fun! Best of luck to your friend in labour.

kel - glad the infacol worked for your little guy, hope you got some good sleep

Queg - gotta love nights when the older kids wake too. Ds was crying at 6 this morning from a bad dream. He crawled into bed with us and thankfully went back to sleep, but then Paige woke for a feed and would not go back to sleep. She's finally asleep in the swing but now I've been up to long and can't get back to sleep myself. So tired.

DH's mom arrived yesterday for a visit. DS was so excited he could not stop talking. He talked to her for hours and barely took a breath LOL. DH's sister is coming Saturday, I wonder how DS will be able contain himslef LOL

Hey all,

Tehya had her needles today, poor bubba she was miserable all afternoon but she seems okay tonight so fingers crossed she sleeps well.

Jodi - Tehya is pronounced Tay-ya or taya

hi to everyone

It's been quiet in here ladies, I hope everyone is doing okay. I'm sure everyone is just busy enjoying their babies.

Well I've had a rough couple of weeks, my mastitis was not clearing up so the Dr sent me to have the lump aspirated. Ouch ouch ouch. Anyway it seems to be starting to clear but still look awful, it's pretty bruised and swollen. I'm still breast feeding though, YAY, the anitibiotics are giving H a bit of an upset tummy and he's not sleeping very well which sucks. He's doing a lot of grunting at the moment, poor bubba must be having lots of pains.

My mum arrives today for another visit, she's been missing her nanny cuddles. It will be great to have a little help too, this mastitis business is a nightmare!!

Quick question about vaccinations, does Hudson have to 2 months before I can take him for his next lots of vaccinations? The Health Clinic up the road is having a vaccination day on Wednesday and Hudson will be just short of 7 weeks. Plus it's be great to get them done while my mum is here for a little moral support being the first time around and all.

Just quickly popping in before Ambah wakes (which is any minute now)

rach - you can get the needles between 6-8 weeks, so 7 weeks is fine. Ouchies on the mastitis. Glad to hear it's slowly getting better and that your mum is coming to visit again.

kel - wish I could help out with the clothes, but unfortunately I can't I've just bough some 000 summer clothes.

Gotta run, bbs.

Hi everyone , just a quick hello before i need to feed the boys, hope you are all well, went to the clinic yesterday and both boys put on a lot of weight which is good, they are not smiling much at the moment but i am sure it wont be long now, they watch everything that i do and just follow the kids with their eyes as they walk past, so cute.!!!!
    My sister is due in 6 weeks , she is having a girl , naming her Sienna, she also has a daughter aged 12 in December , so a big age gap , but she will have good help with her eldest.
    Well must be off . but take care.
    Kelly, Jai and Kane

Hi Girls,

Hope everyone is going well with their bubs. It's very quiet in here.....

Ted had his 8 week check up today. Poor bub had his vaccinations too, but was very brave. He went as red as a beetroot and screamed, but not for long thank goodness. He's been asleep ever since! He tipped the scales at 5785g - almost 2kg heavier than when he was born - I can't believe how fast he's growing. I saw a friend's 1 week old yesterdy - she seemed so tiny!

I am so sick of the cold weather down here - bring on the sunshine!

Have a lovely weekend

With the lost posts its hard to remember where everyone's at!

Ammaki, I hear that you are poorly, I hope you are feeling better very soon

Kel, I sent you a PM before the forum went down and lost posts. I hope you got it? Great news about the boys gaining weight. You are doing an amazing job.

Queglsey I second the spring sentiment! Its hard listening to our northern BBs talk of warm weather when its still below zero here at night Lovely for wrapping babies up warm and tight though. Well done Ted on his weigh in and immunisations!

We are fighting thrush here, DD was very fussy on the breast so we saw the dr and he diagnosed it for both of us. I had a lactation consultant come today and give me some suggestions etc. Hopefully we are both on the mend now!

Hope everyone else is doing well.
    xx

DUSTY_ i am sorry but i did not get any PM from you, my email address is [email protected] if you would like to email me and we can chat and organise to catch up that way.Great to hear that you are getting help from a lactation consultant, i would love to increase my supply even more , but it just does not seem to be happeniong, so still doing both breat and bottle.
    Well better be off to feed my little monkeys , take care and hope to hear from you soon Dusty.They are a bit unsettled after having their needles done today , so just gave them some panadol and lots of cuddles and comfort feeds at the breast and then the bottle , but Kane spewed almost all back up earlier and we had just bathed and changed him , so it was a quick wash and another set of clothes. Poor darlings!!XXXXXXXXX
    Kelly, Jai and Kane

Must be the week for vaccinations, Hudson had his yesterday too. He was a little champ about it, went bright red & cried for 2 seconds, much like Ted did Quegs. So my 9 week old baby is tipping the scales at 6.9 kgs & 65.5cm long, can you believe it? He is just huge for his age.

Dusty hope you get on top of the thrush soon, I've had a mild dose of it too due to 3 weeks of antibiotics. I used Oral Daktarin gel on my nipples & also rubbed some around bubs mouth. The GP said this is fine, just make sure there are no lumps otherwise bub could choke.

Hope the weather starts to warm up for you southerners soon, i would have loved a longer winter though.

Looks like my mastitis us back again, I can't believe it cause H had been feeding so well. Atleast I know how to get on top of it early this time.

Hi ladies. Just stopping by to say hi. I have a sleeping baby on me so its hard to type. Glad to read everyone seems to be doing well. Things are going well with us, not much to report. Paige is a really easy going baby and I feel so lucky to have her. She has her first cold but thankfully it is a mild one. I have an appt for shots next week but am scared to get them done so we'll see whay happens. My appetite has come back in full force and I feel like I am ALWAYS hungry. Guess I'm making up for lost time lol.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast