Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Babies born~March 16th-31st 2009 #5

Hi all!

We are back from our holiday and had an awesome time! The only things left unticked on our list were riding on a city cat and catching up with JF but there will always be a next time.

Hope everyone is well, I'll be back in the morning for personals

Hope everyone had a nice Mothers Day yesterday

I need some opinions.
    We were going to fly up to Syd to Visit Mum for her 1yr passing.
    It would end up costing over 1k to spend 1 day up there, so we thought instead of doing that, that we go somewhere a long the coast & spend the weekend instead.
    1 of the main points of putting her in the ocean was so we could visit any ocean & she would be there.
    Anyway i can't decide when we should go. She passed away on the 7th but she was scattered on the 26th. Do we go on the weekend she passed away or the weekend her funeral was?

We had a nice quiet mother's day. Took DD out to ride her trike and had some friends over in the afternoon for nibblies and drinks.

Hope everyone else enjoyed their day!

Mo - I think the fact that you are taking the time to do something to remember your mum is the most important thing. It doesn't matter where you are or the exact date that you do it on. Going to Sydney does sound like a massive effort, especially with the girls, it sounds like a weekend away on the coast would be perfect. I would probably go the weekend that she passed but do whatever works best for you guys

Had a nice day too yesterday. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Mo, I agree with FW, I don't think it matters when you visit, but if it was really important, I'd go on the anniversary of her passing. It's s expensive to travel in Australia, it's crazy.

Thanks Ladies that's what i was thinking

I know airfares are crazy especially since they charge full fare for both girls, we could easily spend 1k alone on airfares if we miss the cheap sale flights.
    Then car hire, food & accom. It's so expensive it's not funny.
    Mum always wanted to goto Apollo bay but never made it so we figure we could spend the w/k there.

Mo, that sounds like a really nice idea

Happy Belated Mother's Day all. I had a nice day, had a breakfast bbq at my parents and then just spent the afternoon relaxing with DD and 'date guy'.

@Cheshire - I think it's totally up to you, when and how your family honours your mum.

It sounds like you've decided against flying but if you're interested, whichbudget.com shows cheap airfares over selected routes:

So thought I should come mention it in here buttttt I'm pregnant

I knew you were hiding something, congrats again i'm so happy for you guys

I'm not very sneaky apparently hehe. Took a few days to get my head around it all but the more we think/talk about it, the more it just feels right! It feels great to share the news with everyone, was a bit worried to be honest but then I kinda thought, I'm happy so of course me friends will be too right? But I do really appreciate the support

If you guys are happy then that is all that matters & your posts always sound happy

It's so exciting &

Congratulations Jellyfish! So exciting

MG & any other Melb mums are you putting your little one into 3yr old kinder next year?
    I'm really torn i know K would love it but she would be one on the youngest there & couldn't actually start till April but we would still have to pay for her place.
    I don't know how i feel about sending her to school when she is 4 turning 5 either.

Not doing it next year, Mo. We were actually talking about it on the weekend. We've decided to send her for 3 year old in 2013 and if the kinder thinks she needs more stimulation, then we'll look at it then. I hate the thought of her going to school at 4, would rather her wait that extra year and have her more mature developmentally, if that makes sense.

That's how i'm starting to feel about it, I started school 4 & while my school work didn't suffer in high school it did in primary & socially i wasn't ready.

Time for a new thread

Please find it HERE

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617