Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~March 16th-31st 2010 #3

Hi Everyone!

I havent been getting notifications booooo

Happy Birthday to all our little monsters! Tiah's party was so much fun, but so tiring... I was so glad when it was over! Tiah was a bit overwhelmed witht he entire thing I think... she was very quiet and refused to have her afternoon nap.

On that note... we are having huge struggles with Tiah's sleep She goes down ok for her morning nap (Around 2 hours after she wakes up) then 9 times out of ten she flat out refuses to have an afternoon nap. If we are in the car she might sleep lightly until we stop but that is only if I am very lucky. She goes to sleep without a fuss around 7pm....Then she is up EVERY HOUR again. She starts the night in her cot... then at around 10 I am over it and bring her into my bed so I can at least sleep in between wakeups. She is getting what looks like about 6 teeth at once so I can only assume it is teething? We had a few nights of 5 hour sleeping blocks after she cut her first two teeth... but now all the others are moving around and she suffers so much with it

So .... no more babies for us for a while I think! I would like to get some sleep first! Plus it is kind of hard to MAKE babies when a toddler is in the bed with you!!!

Hi ladies,

Mia, the needles were horrible Not for Cam but for me. Two ladies armed at each arm with needles jabbing at the same time , and one doing the leg with a horse needle
    Poor munchkin, was so quiet afterwards, I think he thought he was dying. He fell asleep in the car (we had to drive to the centre this time as I missed the needles around the corner two weeks ago ) and when we got home he woke up and stayed up ALL day. Wasn't too bad going to bed, just gave him some panadol.

Meercat, Cam has not slept a solid night in 2 weeks. He has had his first tooth come around that time and now is cross cutting on the top with a massive chunker so I know it's def. teething. He ends up in our bed most nights too I just can't be bothered re settling him. When DF was away I took him to bed with me a LOT, so now he's used to it and sleeps on half the bed and we on the other half, lol.

How is everyone else doing?

Off to bed now, hoping for a solid night's sleep

B xx

Still not getting notifications - how annoying!

Oh Beata, I feel for you. That must have been awful for poor Cam getting his needles! I hope he is back to normal now. I think we were pretty lucky as the nurse (who came across as completely ditsy) did each one very slowly (apparently so not to cause a lump) and he hardly felt them go in! Cried a teeny bit but was absolutely fine then and afterwards. Our doctor is fantastic - he gave me a hug beforehand as I was looking a bit stressed! Re milk - how much is Cam having? I think they all tail off weight-wise when they are on the move. I must make an appt for Fraser at the CHN as we haven't done it yet. I think he's very short and he lost about 500 grams when he was having his "chucking" episodes when he started crawling.

Meercat - I really feel for you too. It must be so difficult that Tiah's sleep has not improved. All I can offer is that she is maybe weaning to one day sleep and maybe just doesn't need as much sleep as other bubs? I was like that as a child. My parents said the first night I slept through the night (at about 18 months), they were too scared to look in the cot as they thought the worst! Anyway, if it helps, Fraser is weaning himself to one day sleep at the moment. He's getting up around 5.30 am, goes down around 10 ish (slowly trying to bump this later each day) for anything between 1.5 and 3 hours (usually about 2.25 hours) then that's him for the day as he just won't settle for his afternoon sleep, even if he is exhausted. We usually try and give him an early dinner (before he cracks it) then spend the rest of the evening in the pool where he's happy regardsless of whether he is tired or not. He goes off to bed around 7/7.30 and that's him til 5.30 which I am so grateful for. We went through hell when Fraser's first teeth came through - about 1 solid week of him waking every 40 mins through the night, then the following 2 weeks weren't much better - maybe about 2 hours sleep in a solid block. I know you're not meant to do it, but I ended up giving him Baby Nurofen almost every night and it did help. On particularly bad nights, I gave him Baby Nurofen and Baby Panadol together (which is apparently quite safe to do) and that gave us some respite. I REALLY hope things settle down for you soon. Have you rung Ngala (I think you are also in WA)? You can go on the waiting list to do a day stay?

As for us, things are going pretty well, apart from this weaning to one day sleep thing. I'm finding it really difficult to make plans as I never know when he'll be awake. I want to re-enroll for next term at GymbaROO, but have no idea what class time to book into. Also, I can't recall if I mentioned or not, but Fraser has started (about 6 weeks ago) doing this tongue thrust thing when we are feeding him. No matter what we put into his mouth, he seems to reject straight away and pull out of his mouth. It's making feeding a little difficult to say the least. We''ve tried just doing finger foods, letting him attempt to spoon the food in himself, but nothing seems to work.. Never mind - nothing in comparison to what some of you ladies are experiencing.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying your weekends!

xxx

Oh, and no more bubs for us yet, as much as I would love to. It can be quite difficult having absolutely no family here, so I think I would struggle too much. I want to wait until Fraser is a bit more independant and can help me out, so looking around this time next year to start TTC!

hi girls

meercat, sounds like hell- you poor thing. matilda went through a phase, turns out it was a middle ear infection. i didn't know what it was cause she would come good during the day and apparently that can happen. Also she is weaning to one sleep a day.

mia matilda is doing the tounge thing and also grabbing food out of her mouth and offerring it back to me. So it is a head ache to try and get enough food in her. We had her shots and check up the other day, she is in the 75% for height and weight, so i felt better with that.

had a scan the other day cause i am supposed to be 32 weeks, and when i went to the doctors with the measuring i was at 36. Well after the scan i was 34w and 5 days, so 35 weeks today, so the doctor has moved my dates forward! So not organised and as i wanted to move matilda into another room, unpack all the baby clothes and pack my bag. All will have to wait am going away this weekend!

matilda's birthday/christening went well, but we were so exhausted the next day. Full on day. happy birthday to the bubs that i have missed.

bec - that happened to me with scans! when i had the check of the cervix scan at 31 weeks i was measuring 35 weeks but ob said to keep my original dates. then the day before i had Hamish i had another scan and i was measuring 6 weeks ahead at 40 weeks and had an argument with the sonographer over my dates! good luck with it all!

jess - i hope tiah starts sleeping better soon xx

afm, i still cant believe all the babies are one now! this last year has gone so quickly. Hamish is standing by himself and has taken a few steps every now and then but still not walking. he isnt too far off tho. when we go shopping he likes to push his pram around the shops and walk. he is also still in size 0! not too long till we get into 1's tho.

he has 10 little choppers now too! tho he is cross cutting with these last little ones.

hope everyone is all well

xx

Teresa- we are at that awkward in between stage right now.... Tiah is too big for 0 but not quite into 1's. I am sure people think I am a slack mother, all her clothes hang of her at the moment but it is that or they cut into her!

We are in the process of night weaning to see if that helps with sleep.... Very. Slow. Process ahhhhhh

Teresa, you will panic me. Cause you went early!! i had better get that bag packed. it is funny everyone tells you, you get relaxed with the second and i didn't believe it, however, i am hopeless this time around, ie haven't packed, haven't set up its room or anything, i have a max of 6 weeks left!

hope someone else is preggies before i have this second one!!

Heyyyyy ladies! Keep meaning to come and post in here but I always get sidetracked, lol!

Ooooh becc how exciting! i'm so jealous, I want another bubs now too And yes, hurry up and get organised lol

Meercat, good luck with the weaning process, I really really hope it means the end of sleepless nights for you

teresa I can't believe how many teeth hamish has! Blake only has 2 still! And we're still in 0's most of the time, sometimes 1's but they are still a little big on him.

MissB I hope Cam is sleeping better for you. OMG at jabbing your lil guy with 2 needles at the same time! i refused to let them do that to my DS, told them to do 1 needle at a time - they looked at me like I was a horrible Mum wanting DS to have to go through it twice, but my MCHN told me some babies can actually react very badly to having 2 needles going in at the same time!

Mia, how's Fraser going with his eating now? Sometimes Blake refuses to eat, spits out his food or throws it on the floor, so I just don't offer him any more food cos I think he's not hungry. But if he was doing it at every meal I might get a bit concerned that he isn't eating enough..Is Fraser filling up on milk before a meal maybe? Hopefully it's just a phase and passes soon if not already!

Hiya Krisvee, great to hear Jayden's going well!

hiya to Rooey and Nat and bubs too! (and anyone else? Sorry can't see any further back on this screen...)

AFM, well, everything is going pretty cruisy over here Blake now has a grand total of 2 teeth, and we didn't even notice they were coming! Just popped my finger in his mouth one morning and Hello - little sharp bits were poking up out of his gums! Just the way I like it, lol!
    At his 1 year check-up he weighed 9.06kg and 73cm tall. He's saying "Water" when he is thirsty or sees a water bottle, and "hello" whenever he hears a phone ring. He points at EVERYTHING and can be a bit embarassing when we're out and he points at everyone. Oh, and he is SUCH a little copycat! He listens to everything, and if someone coughs, he coughs, if Dh burps, he tries to burp, my MIL snorts when she laughs...and Blake tries to copy her snort! Again, embarrassing in public when he copies everyone around him
    He is going great (most of the time) with his food. Will try anything he's given. As soon as this tin of formula is gone, we will move to 2 cow's milk drinks a day - one in the morning and one before bed. I have already given him a few bottles of cow's milk to see if he likes it/can tolerate it, and he loves it!
    Blake is sooo close to walking, he can stand on his own no probs, just sorting out the coordination and balance of moving his legs forward. He let's go all the time and tries, can do 1 or 2 steps and then sits down. So not long now!
    We still cuddle to sleep here, and I'm happy to do that until he is ready to go to bed on his own. Once he's down for the night, around 7-8pm, he stays down till about 6am.

Wow, reading back on all that I realise I am very blessed to have such a good baby boy! I am very, very grateful for that

We are def wanting #2 now, have been trying for a few months now and have just been with DH to his GP about an issue he has been experiencing - very low semen volume. So hopefully we can work towards sorting this issue out and I will soon be baking another bundle!

P.S. Sorry for the essay, lol! Totally understand if you got bored and skipped to the end lol

Ree*Ree - Blake sounds an absolute joy! That's great that he's so close to walking and that those teeth came through with no hassle at all! I'm with you on the copying thing! Fraser does that too (no full words yet, just things like noises, key changes in notes, wolf whistles, things like that) which can be quite amusing! His food's going okay, thanks for asking! He's good some days then the next, not so good, but I'm def not stressing about it. He'll eat if he's hungry! Def not filling up on milk either - he's never had more than 2 bottles a day since 4 months as he detests the stuff! I can get him to take a bottle when he wakes, but that's it for the day. Just point blankly refuses it at night. Good luck on you TTC adventure and I hope all is okay with DH!

31becc - hope that bag is sorted out!!! I can imagine it must be a lot relaxed this time around. Hope that everything goes well for you and we hear your joyous news soon!

Teresa - wow for Hamish's 10 teeth! What a set! Yay for him almost walking....we're nowhere near there yet. F will cruise and climb absolutely everything but has no interest in going solo! How's Hamish doing with his new trainers? Good, I hope!

Hi to everyone else I have missed.

All going relatively well here. We had a bit of a bug last week which was a stinker- a sick, diarrhea and flu combo! Fraser got it last Tuesday and is still not back to his normal self. I got it on Thursday night and am just feeling better today and DH came down with it last night. I'm still debating whether to take F to the docs or not, as I figure they won't give him anything and he's really only just a bit whingy and clingy as he's feeling sorry for himself. I put his amber teething necklace back on yesterday (hasn't had it on since about 5 months) so we will see if that helps any. He's gotten into this habit of waking at 5 am which is when DH leaves so this morning and yesterday morning, rather than getting him up, I gave him his bottle in bed and after a cuddle, he's gone back to sleep. Don't know if this is a bad or a good thing - am I getting him into a bad habit??? Thing is, if I get him up, then he's yawning his head off all morning. Just don't know what is best. He slept til 8.15 yesterday morning and he's still asleep now (but starting to stir) at 7.30 am. I only gave him one day sleep yesterday and he was fine by bed time. Whadyathink ladies???

Girls, I think I got jinxed, ended up in hospital last week, with pre labour contractions, which I couldn't feel, just a sore pelvis. Am now on tabs to stop labour from progressing for the next few weeks and relaxation - easier said than done with a one year old. Will keep you all posted.

Goodness, Becc - I hope you are okay now. Try and get as much rest as you can! xx

rest up bec! fingers crossed baby stays put for a bit longer yet

mia - hamish is doing great with his little nikes! they look so big on his feet but he just has big feet anyway!

Hi girls, for those that don't know, Annabelle Molly arrived on 11 May - after being induced at 39 weeks. 8 pound 4, so there was an ounce between Matilda and her. Can I just say labour was heaps better and easier this time around, maybe cause I knew what to expect!!!! Had no energy for the whole pregnancy and now she is out, I have all this extra energy!!!! Matilda is now learning the meaning of the word "softly" and I forgot how much a newborn sleeps. Down to twice a night waking already. It is so funny our first looks like my husband's side and Annabelle is exactly me when she was born.

Teresa, Matilda has some Nikes and loves them, she gets them to go outside all the time. PS, what has happened to this thread, very much slowed down.

Oh congratulations!!!!!

Oh I miss the newborn snuggles. I bet it is interesting with a toddler!

(Great now I am super clucky... Not
    Cool!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congratulations bec!

i am thinking of getting Hamish some more nike's. they are just perfect for his feet. especially now he is walking!

i think its slowed down coz we are all busy running around after toddlers all day. that and working too!

Congratulations!!!! How exciting! Enjoy your new little bubba!

Yay! Congrats Bec on Annabelle's arrival! Wow, if you get all this energy when the second one is born then I want one now!! hehe. Still very little energy here, I do think it's all this running around with a toddler...Krisvee, I honestly don't know how you do it hun, you are a supermum in my eyes

Still, Annabelle's arrival has made me more clucky than ever Can't wait to be TTC again, working very hard on my DF ATM. We are on a holiday now so I'm praying a little miracle happens (yeah right, who am I kidding!! Wishful thinking.......)

Hiya to everyone out there!! Hope your little ones are keeping you on your toes, I know Cam is

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast