Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~March 16th-31st 2010 #3

Wow Bec, congratulations!!! My mate has two boys 13 months apart and loves it, she did say it was hard when bub #2 was newborn though! You'll manage

Beata, Indy hardly ever rolls, and he can only sit unsupported for a little while before he falls over They'll both get there, before we know it they'll be on the move and we'll long for the days when they played happily on their backs

Hey girls

Beata - don't worry too much babies develop all over the place!! But if it is just see your health clinic nurse.

Thanks for the congrats girls. Have got my head around it a bit more now and am pretty happy just was shocked. Did it make anyone go.... oh I might start trying again now?????? How is everyone's little ones going?

Matilda is going well. She was rolling over but doesn't seem interested in doing that anymore. Oh and was saying dad constantly. but now doesn't say it anymore and only says "mum"!!! Yes a win there! She is doing solids and hates potato? Does anyone else have that prob? I now mix it and she seems to like it more.

Hope evereyone is doing well.

bec - maybe some gravy or tomoto sauce on the potato might make her a bit more interested a friend suggested that to me. Hamish loves his gravy now oh and no more for us

ha theresa - might try that! Actually I feel like that myself! Am so annoyed, I lost weight last time as I was so sick! This time, not sick but have put on about 15 kg's since having Matilda - just cause I can eat again - very annoyed as I can't really undo it now!

Morning mummies,

Thanks so much for your comments/advice ladies! I feel much better now, having spoken to a lot of people/friends, they all say the same, in his own time! Yesterday he was trying to commando crawl, bringining his knees up when I put him on his belly and pushing himself off me. He might even skip the rolling part! lol.

Bec, you are going to have a wee boy. Mum says that if a bub says 'mum' first the next one is a girl, and if bub says 'dad' first it will be a boy. We'll see if it comes true! BTW, I have been clucky since Cam was like 3 months old hahahahahahaha, so yes more on the cards for us if my body will allow it

HC, you're probably right! I will miss Cam being in the one spot when I leave him, when he decides to hide from me and runs all over the place!

Con, Grace is such a little darling, I'm sure she is fine just the way she is. Some babies are just smaller, and some like big boof over there, bigger! lol

HB, still haven't really done anything in preparation for China, still in shock and denial! I have to ring the airline and find out what I can and can't take etc. I might have to buy one of those baby bjorn carriers so I can carry Cam around the airport as I don't know how far I can take my pram.

Big hello to all the other mummies in here!

Cam has his needles today, not looking forward to it

B xxx

hi girls,

hope you and bubs are all well.

Had my first day back at work today and put Adrian in day care for the first time Lots of tears (mine, not his) LOL. But he went really well, the ladies say he is a very smiley baby Kinda so-so about being back at work, good to see work collegues but i wish i could stay at home with DS, plus my classroom is in shambles! Lots of work to do!

Anyway, sorry no time for persies, will catch up later,

hugs xxoo

Aww Jelly! I'm in awe of those of you who are back working, Indy still wakes up a few times a night so I'd be cactus!

Hi ladies,

Jelly, I don't envy you hun! I don't know how I'd go back at work and trying to balance the family life!! As it stands now, I hardly ever cook, I clean every 2 to 3 weeks (a good clean, spot clean in between....) so I am a pretty bad housewife already ha ha ha.
    I'd cry too leaving Cam with someone else, but at least I know mum would help out heaps (hence my reluctance to move far away from Grandma )

HC, how are things with you hun? Has Indy been helping daddy at the computer? What is with babies/little kids and buttons.....lol

Bec, how are you feeling darl? Any morning sickness? I actually miss that

Mia, hope you're doing OK hun. How is wee Fraser?

Teresa, Meercat, Con, HB, Nat, b & anyone else I missed, hello lovely mummies! Hope your bubbas are giving you lots of smiles and cuddles and are behaving themselves!

Just a question ladies..........you know how we talked about some bubs falling asleep with blankies over their faces??? Well, Cam loves to fall asleep like this still, and quite often when I check on him in the middle of the night (when I go for a pee for example) he still has the blankie right over his face. When I try to move it he sometimes wakes up, or pulls it over his face when he realises it's gone. Sometimes it's the only way he will fall asleep, and I've even noticed he sleeps longer during the day when he has the blankie over his face. It worries me with all this talk about not having soft toys & loose blankies in the cot......is anyone going through the same?

B xx

hi ladies.

just a quick one from me. i managed to give both me and DH food poisoning last night so feeling very sick at the moment.

beata - hamish loves to sleep like that too. but at least he doesnt wake up when i move the blanket so i am thankful for that. he also sleeps longer with it over his face. i just keep an eye on him.

jelly - its hard being back at work itsnt it. i love the social aspect but i really miss him when i am away from him. but the girl who is looking after him loves him and is awesome with him so that really helps

hi to everyone else

Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing well!

Teresa - hope you and your DH are feeling better now!

Beata - I'm the same as you - hardly do any cooking! I'm trying to diet so I cook about once a week and stock up the freezer with meals, then just let DH have whatever he wants when he comes in. I try to keep on top of the cleaning as if I don't do it, it will never get done! Fraser also sleeps with his blankie on his face - he seems to like it! I wouldn't worry about it at this stage - it's more a time to worry about soft toys, blankies, etc, when bubs isn't able to move them off their face by themselves. Our little ones are all old enough to do that now.

Jelly - hope the return to work has gone smoothly!

Becc - hope you are keeping well and getting some rest! It must be very tiring being pregnant with one still so young to look after also!

Con - girls are always petite - Grace sounds perfectly healthy to me!

Hello to everyone I have missed.

Things are a little better with us this week, so much as Fraser is sleeping a bit more than 30-40 mins at a time. We had a whole week of him waking that frequently - I was (and still am like) a complete zombie - absolutely wrecked! The thing is, Fraser is to - poor little munchkin! He's still really congested in his nose so I took him to the docs yesterday for a little "once over" and he told me what I already knew - he's either at the tail end of a cold or has hay fever, and he is teething, which is all making for a bad combination! Apart from the lack of sleep, he's actually doing really well on his bottles (touch wood - don't want to tempt fate) and he's doing ok with the solids also. He'd lost weight at the last weigh in, so the CHN toold me to skip the veggies and fruits on their own, and to give him one protein meal a day. As he's a little bit sensitive in the tummy dept, I've just been buying the Rafferty's Garden sachets and trying him on those to see what he likes and dislikes before I go wasting any more food (and time) pureeing everything up. Seems to be going well and he seems to be enjoying it so far!

Just a quick question - is anyone having issues with their LO rolling over in the cot constantly? I had to flip Fraser back 7 times for his morning nap, and even then, he ended up falling asleep on his tummy. It's not that I mind him sleeping on his tummy as he should be fine at this age, it's just that he doesn't really mean it to happen and doesn't like it. He will eventually fall asleep there but isn't happy about it. I've tried putting him in different positions in the cot (like at the side) but he just climbs up the side with his legs until he flips over

Hi everyone

I haven't posted in a while cause I haven't been getting updates in my email for some reason.

Beata - not sure if I've posted to you already, but it's so true about babies developing at different paces. Angus was the second to crawl in our playgroup (after a 10 month old girl) and he is the youngest. Yet he can't sit up on his own (although he could last Wednesday??) and he doesn't really make many sounds (apart from grunting and blowing raspberries). One of the Mums at playgroup is a bit concerned and always comments on Angus, but her son (2 months older) has been able to sit for ages, can wave and is starting to say dada.

Bec - congratulations again! Today I saw lots of new babies and I was feeling pretty clucky. I told DH that we will start trying after Angus turns 1. I am really looking forward to having another one and even the birth, because I kind of know what to expect.

mia - we had the same thing of Angus waking constantly, at first I think it was a growth spurt and then I figured that I wasn't giving him enough solids during the day. Now he has 3 meals a day, as well as bf every 3 hours. He is getting better. Angus is still in his bassinet but I've found him on his tummy a few times (with his legs tucked up) and today when I snuck in to check on him, this head slowly came up from the end of his bassinet, so he had turned himself around and rolled over. As soon as DH puts the cot level down he's going in there!

Teresa - hope you're better

Jellymaker - good on you and I'm sure he's having a good time with all the other babies.

Re: solids - I don't think Angus likes potato either. I cooked this fish poached in milk with potato and he never eats it. He loves yoghurt, apple and fruit jelly though! So I'm trying to mix things in.

As for us, DH has gone away for the week with work, so it is just us two. Everything is going really well though. I am trying to get an assignment done, but it's not going too well! Today I got a lot done while Angus had a 2 hour sleep which was good.

A question: Does anyone have a bath ring?? We are still bathing Angus in the baby bath, which is in the change table He is obviously too big and his feet stick out, but I'm not sure weather the bath rings are any good. I saw thing childcare one in Target for $40, but I am feeling a bit guilty for buying him a ball for $20 that he is totally disinterested in DH thinks he has too many toys!

Hi ladies! Just got back from an overnight stay with Nanny, it was lovely in Ocean Grove today! I've been using the Flylady routines to try and keep things tidy, so far so good! I'm also doing a lot of decluttering as I go, and we've got some of my sister's furniture and boxes in our spare room while she house hunts.

One of my nursing mates has two kids and she said they both slept/sleep with a blanket over their face
    Indy doesn't, but we co-sleep with him anyway and he usually kicks the blanket off.

He can sit up unsupported for a minute or two, no crawling yet but I did find him over next to the tv the other day! I'm not worried about him developing more slowly or anything, he'll get there!

We usually bathe Indy in the big tub with one of us, he loves splashing around in the deep water with his bath toys!

How's your China preparation going Beata? Indy loves pushing buttons on daddy's X-Box controller and making him crash lol.

How are you going Bec?

Hello everyone else!

Hi Ladies!

Well week one of being back at work done and dusted and i am SOOOOOOO tired! I didnt think it would take it out of me so much but i am knackered! Adrian does seem to like Day care but im annoyed that he is sick already!!!! I knew he would get sick around other babies but not on his first day! He has snot running down his face constantly and is finding it really hard to breathe, especially at bottle time. Hope it clears up soon.

As for doing things, Adrian can roll from his back to his front but still cant roll back the other way, he can sit unsupported for as long as he wants or until he fusses and you pick him up. He has started pushing up with his arms on his tummy and bringing his knees up a bit and sort of doing a frog bounce thing (its really cute to watch) but no crawling yet Dont worry about your babies, they all do stuff at their own paces and it means we have a little bit longer of always knowing where they are! LOL No teeth yet either, just lots and lots and lots of drool!

Im still managing to get to the gym three times a week (Thank god for my parents!) and have lost 3 kgs in the last 5 weeks, not as much as i was hoping but better than nothing! If anyone is interested, check out Stronglifts.com, its all about weightlifting and how to not just lose weight but getting fit. I can now squat 65kg, deadlift 70kg, bench 30kg and press 25kg because of this program and will be able to hold up my increasingly growing boy

Bec- congrats!!!! So happy for you! Becareful lifting that baby while your pregnant though

Hi to all the other yummy mummies,

Going to go and catch up on all the cuddles i missed out on this week :-)

Hugs

Hi ladies,

Gosh, this thread has gone sooooooo quiet! Does this mean everyone is super busy?? ha ha.

Just dropping in to say hi to everyone and I hope you and your bubbas are all well.

Big news.............................................. ..Cam rolled fully from his back to his tummy for the first time 2 days ago and keeps on rolling around!!!!!! Can't believe it's taken him 7 1/2 months to do it, lol.

In other news, DF left for China on Sunday morning and I miss him like crazy. Little man keeps looking for him I'm worried because DF said the pollution over there is really bad ATM. I just hate the thought of taking my little guy into such a polluted place.

Have any of you ladies travelled overseas with a bub??? I need as much help/suggestions/tips as possible, as the plane trip just keeps on stressing me out.

B xxx

Hi ladies,

Well it looks like this thread is dead!! lol

We have finally arrived in China 2 days ago, so different here it's like a different world. I have managed to have two falls here already, on the second day I fell over in the shopping centre, and yesterday I almost died when I fell over on the pavement outside the shopping centre carrying Cam!!! OMG, I was so upset as he hit his head on the concrete, but not hard luckily as my elbow took most of the impact. I think he's OK, just a little bruise on his head. I was so upset for the rest of the afternoon, thinking I'm such a clutz and a bad mum. The thing is, you are constantly watching for these stupid people on bikes that it's hard to also watch your feet all the time. I walked into these knee high poles that prevent people taking trolleys from the shopping centre.

Anyhoo, I'll write back later as I can't use my own labtop ATM, I'm using hubby's. Hope you're all well.

B x

Hey Beata! I only thought of you this morning and wondered how China was going...... sorry to hear you've taken some tumbles.....glad you're both okay. Don't be too hard on yourself, your senses are probably working overtime! In a weeks time you'll be knocking people out of your way like a pro

I must have missed your last post - go Cam on all the action - he still rolling about the place? How did the plane trip go?

We are all good here, we have our first cold but nothing too sinister, wicked number 11's under the nose and a tickly cough, but otherwise nothings is slowing DD down. She's nearly crawling, and has just learnt to sit herself up from laying down. She is sporting a huge purple egg on her head from rocking a little too far forward on the tiles, and it seems to have made her a little more wary of being so adventurous!

Hope everyone and their bubs are happy and healthy, gearing up for their first Christmas. Gearing up for a hot one here!

hi ladies

beata - yay for china! its great to see you going ok. dont worry, i am sure u will be a "local" very soon! sorry to hear about the fall but at least you are both ok xx

afm, Hamish is now crawling and getting into absolutely everything! we have had words a few times after he has opened a drawer then got his fingers caught when closing it. several tears later he is ok. no damage to his fingers. he is also pulling himself up on everything! we can no longer keep cups on tables or leave anything lying around. he also has a facination with power points and power cords. we tell him no but he just looks at us smiles then laughs! lol we do move him and try and distract him tho. he is fine for awhile then spots them again and then bang off he goes. he is soooo much happier now he can crawl. only problem is i cant put him down anywhere then go somewhere for a quick minute then come back and expect him to be in the same place. lol

DH gave him his phone to play with the other day. lets just say we had to go and replace it coz it wouldnt work after that! we think he drooled all thru it. he now has 6 teeth. 4 on the top and his 2 little bottom ones. no sign of the other two bottom ones coming up. he got all 4 of his top teeth within about a week of each other. he is sooo good with teething tho. just slightly grizzlier then usual but thats about it. his little hair is going curly on top too. looks soooo cute! has the strawberry blonde hair to match

anyway i better go. he will be awake soon. hope everyone is well

xxxx

Wow, soooo long between posts now!

Beata- hope all is going well in china, i couldn't imagine a life change so big, especially with a baby in tow! Hope you find your feet (literally and figuratively ) soon.

HB- I agree about chrissy being a hot one, QLD is getting warmer by the minute!

Teresa- Wow, Hamish sounds so grown up now! 6 teeth! You must be so happy with his development!

AFM- Been back at work now for 8 weeks and in that time since Adrian's been at daycare he's had constantly runny nose, cough and in the last two weeks conjunctivitis! Not happy Jan! But my mum was talking to my dad's oncologist about it and he said I should be thankful that DS is being exposed early as his immunities will build up. He says they have so much trouble with children with Lymphoma these days because they have no immune systems. Makes me feel a bit less guilty about leaving him in daycare.

No crawling yet but very close, soon the baby proofing will have to go up a notch. Only two teeth so far but i'm sure more will follow shortly.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well regardless of whether or not we get time to post

Hugs

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast