Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 16th-30th 2010 #1

Hi everyone!

Scones with jam and cream.. could go make some now! arrrh

Buzzie - really happy for you. It sounds like a huge step has been taken and I hope it all works out perfectly for you both

Chloe is officially a chubba. 5.6kg at 8 weeks! After only being 3 kg when she was born. ha ha. For those on FB who saw our last poo explosion..well we had another one to rival it tonight. Will stick the photos up soon.

Dory- I had to giggle..I have one indoor cat and sometmes I hate having family do's here because people forget to shut the door & I'm worried the cat will run away!!!

Fuzzy-omg at poo exposion AGAIN!!!!
    BFing on takeoff & Landing is a good idea..It helps baby adjust easier and helps to "pop" their ears when going up aswell...

Dory – Yes DP and I have sorted things out. We had a huge chat. I have to understand more that yes he does work hard, but he also has to understand as well that I need help with Blake and the house work. I cant do it all on my own. He has been good ever since lol.
    I hope you and DH got some time alone together, did you go see Harry Potter? If so, was it good? Im hanging to see it as well.

Bec – Have fun in Perth and make sure you enjoy. By the way whats a Beehind? Lol

Fuzzy – Wow, how come your cycle isn’t coming back until around 6 months?

Buzzie – IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU, Glad to hear you and DP worked it out. I think it’s a good idea that you both worked on everything and also wanna move out together. YAY

Well I think Blake’s Zantac medicine has finally kicked in. He hasn’t vomited since Saturday. Also Saturday night and last night he slept through the night again. My mum said that babies will tend to sleep through, then go back the their routine, then sleep through and go back to their routine, until eventually sleep through permanently. I hope this is the beginning, I love having full night sleeps but at the same time, I would much rather Blake either sleeping through the night or waking up at 4am for his bottle feed, one or the other as after having a few nights sleep through, then going back to waking up at 4am as I struggle lol.
    I went to the baby markets on Saturday and bought a front carrier for $10, a cot mobile for $8 and also a new bouncer/rocker for $15 which are going for $115 at target. Blake loves his rocker. It has a mobile attached and also has rainforest music with animal noises as well and he falls asleep to it. Best investment ever lol.
    Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Hi everyone, just a quick one before I go out...

Welcome to the group Angie

Deana, did you go to the baby and kids market? We had one up here the other day and they are great! So many cheap 2nd hand clothes. I like Mothers Group too, we are all meeting up for lunch tomorrow (with the bubs of course) and they are all really nice girls. It's good to get out and meet new people hey. Oh and those pics you put on FB (i think you were going out for the night or something?) well you look Hot! hehe

Buzzie, good to hear your feeling better emotionally and that your sorting things out.

Dory, Isla is going well, no we haven't really had to pronounce her name to people much. I guess they all know the actress 'Isla Fisher' ? haha

Bec, enjoy your holiday to Perth! How lovely!

Getting a new tattoo in less than an hour! Arrghhh! Im getting 'Isla' tattooed on my left wrist. I've had my son 'Bodie' done on my right wrist so thought I would get her on my left seeing that we don't want anymore children
    Im getting a tad nervous as im going down there by myself while Mum minds Isla. Will put a pic up on FB.

Isla is going well, we had her shots done a couple of weeks ago now. She screamed the place down but that was to be expected, I made DH come too. DS was worried about her which was cute, but stopped pretty much after he was given a lolly. lol

Anyways better get going...

xo

Deana - when u are breastfeeding you dont get your period for a while. Just one of those things your body does..

Apes - good luck with the tat. At least she has a short name x

i cut chloes thumb with the nail clippers this morning. She screamed and there was blood and i was crying and the dog was barking. i felt and still feel so so terrible. it is obviously still hurting her as she cries in her sleep - poor thing. Cant believe i did it

Fuzzy DH did it to DD when she was 6 weeks old. He has never cut their fingernails again!

fuzzy - haha that was another impressive poo explosion! Looks like Chloe's getting very good at them Oh no about the clippers.. it must've felt really awful to accidentally hurt her, but just remember it was an accident, so try not to still feel bad about it. I'm too scared to cut Isaacs nails, I just bite them instead.

Deana - thanks, I will enjoy it Baby beehinds are MCN's, or as I call them, Isaacs fancy nappies haha

Apes - how did your tattoo go?

Hi everyone else

Isaac is getting weighed tomorrow, I can't wait to see what he weighs now. Oh and I think I might have thrush, it's soooo painful to feed from the left boob. I don't know what else it could be. It's not a blocked duct (which I had last week) or mastitis or anything. I have a dr's appointment on thursday for our 6 week check up, so hopefully I can hold out until then.

Re periods - mine didn't come back till 18months later with DS but he breastfed alot.
    So hoping the same again lol tho DP and I would prob start talking about bub no. 3 when Isabella is 2 as we like this age gap.

Cutting nails/fingers - so many ppl I know have done that, but if I could say one thing it's don't worry there will be plenty more times you Will do things to ur bubs that you don't mean. There's so much to feel guilty about it is hard. Like anything you can only learn by it and I'm sure they get over it much quicker than you do!

I'm getting isabellas hands and feet cast today! Finally! Can't wait till I pick it up

Re: Periods...mine came back this week- the day Harlow turned 6 weeks old...so unfair!!

Wite - - It's weird - I want mine back.....but probably for the best if they stay away for a while.... no reminder of missing an opportunity. Still have my TTC hat on it seems....

Fuzzy - oh dear. I pinched Hannah's finger tip the other day, and she screamed and hicoughed for ages but no blood. It just sounds like a riot - you and Chloe crying, the dog barking. I agree with the others - it was an accident. Yep, you feel miserable, but that's a sign you're a good mumma.

Bec - I know about the nappy obsession - they are soooo soft. Isaac is a champion! I was at the shops today and was waiting, and they have a huge aquarium. I think it was you that said Isaac loves to watch the fish? Anyway, I took Hannah over to it and she was enthralled for a good 5 minutes. It was really very cute to see.

Deana - glad that Blake's vomiting has eased. And YAY for sleeping through! It makes such a difference, and I agree it's the chopping and changing of sleep for us that's the hardest ( apart from not getting any). Good work on the bargains too, it feels good to get value for money AND something Blake loves. We didn't go to the movies.... piked. 2 and a half hours is long time.... Maybe this weekend?

Apes - I remember you spoke about Isla Fisher when you were deciding on names - glad it's worked out.

Kirsten - hello!

Buzz - LOL re poo-nami. Hannah had one yesterday and it went in her belly button - yukko. It's not done that before.

AFM - brutal day here yesterday - Hannah was just miserable all day - not settling, crying and if I was lucky grizzling. But she slept like a trooper last night - for us a good night - 8pm to 2.30am! Unbelievable, and even more so from about 3am to 8am. Unheard of in this house. She's not really settling today either but at least is a lot calmer.

Here's a question - are your babies really talkative and wriggley? Hannah talks non stop almost when she is awake and wriggles like anything. She also loves to suck on her fist.
    Last edited by dory; November 23rd, 2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo

Dory - Isabella LOVES sucking her fist,which is why I got her a dummy and yes big talker here since re last week or so, but usually only when someones talking to her... She doesn't just sit by herself cooing.

Fuzzy – Wow that’s awesome, lol I didn’t know that at all. You poor thing. Its very hard cutting babies nails so don’t feel to bad.

Buzzie – DP and I want to try for bub number 2, when Blake is around 2 yrs old as well. Hopefully we end up back in the same forum again lol.

Dory – Blake is very talkative as well and yes wiggles a lot.

Well this arvo has been such a struggle. Little monster will not go to sleep once ive put him down. 2 hours I have tried to put him down and he has non stopped cried. My feet and ankles are killing me. Must be the heat today. He is fine in my arms, but as soon as I put him down, he wide awake. Mummy wants some time out.

Deana - my day yesterday! I so feel for you. In the end yesterday I gave up trying to put Hannah to sleep and just pfaffed around and then even went out late in the arvo. At least my errands were done and I got out of that hideous cycle of just trying to settle a crying baby which seems never ending. I thought maybe Hannah had a tummy ache. So my suggestion apart from some time out for you? Just stop trying to settle Blake if you've reached your limit. It will help your sanity. GL sweetie.

Deana and Dory, I had a day like that yesterday. I think Isaac had a belly ache too, every time I put him down on his back he cried. He only slept when I took him for a walk in the pram, and when I had him in the sleepywrap. It's pretty exhausting when you can't put them down. I think it's the heat too, it makes Isaac very grumbly

Dory - Isaac is getting talkative, he had a great conversation with my mum earlier, I don't know what he was saying but he seemed very passionate about it! So cute.

Isaac had his weigh in today, he's put on about 1.1kg in three weeks again, so now he weighs 5.3kg. Nice to know my milk is working!

Dory - Chloe talks to her toys and to us when we are talking to her. She also does the big mouthing movements with no sound like she is trying to copy us talking. so cute. Not sucking her fist/fingers yet. If I put them in her mouth she probably would but she cant get them there on her own yet.

Deana - Yer I have had a few of those days too. good luck!

Bec - 1.1 kg in 3 weeks is fantastic! 5.3 kg is a really good size.

Off to bed. Chloe went down at 7:15 tonight which is pretty good. Going to dreamfeed her at 10:30 and see what happens after that. I find she usually wakes about 2-3 hours after a dreamfeed so prob up at about 1 ish. Its the feeds after that, that are unpredictable. She just always seems to wake at about 4am for some reason. grrr

well I've been MIA. Have had my bestest fave'est sis staying with me for 4 days, and now she's gone home (tassie) again aah I'm gonna miss her so much.

lots to catch up on. When we flew with my DS at 3 months he was great, the ascent & descent didn't seem to bother him at all even tho he had a cold on the way back. Bec, I reckon you'll be fine, having a dummy + bottle of EBM is a great idea though Think about how u want to heat it too... very hard to get a decent sized mug of hot water on a plane. And awesome size for Isaac too!

Periods - I got mine back at 3-4 months, and I was still expressing fully (but not in the night as he was sleeping through). Wite, that totally bites to have it back so early!

Fuzzy - 4am is foul isn't it. FIngers crossed she was better for you. And I did that to DS's nails too, I felt horrible but he seemed to get over it quite quickly ... phew!

Deana - how are you going with the Zantac? Sorry to hear he was unsettled, it's hard work huh. We always used to say after an hour of trying to mix it up, get him back up, stick him in a swing/bouncer/wrap/pram/car seat/bath... anything really.... just change it up radically & try to give yourself stress relief that way.

Dory - i'm totally with you on getting stuff done. I've pretty much worked out I can do everything with Annika in the sleepywrap except empty the washing machine (top-loader) and cook on the stovetop Guess DH has to do those things hahaha. Spending all day trying to get a baby to sleep is soooo tiring!

Buzzie - Anni loves chewing on her fist/thumb (and dummy works well here too) and is starting to chat more. So cute.

Kirsten - how are you feeling now?

Well Miss Annika decided to get very clever at spitting out her Losec... which gave me confirmation it really is helping. After a few days of very little going in (and staying in) she was really unsettled & grizzly again. Wailing her heart out, poor little lamb. So I've been doing LOTS of research into dosing and finally got better doses into her and she's back to her happy self. The sleepywrap got a workout in the interim. She's got her shots tomorrow (running a bit late lol). had an awesome trip to ikea & now have lots of fun new kiddie stuff . Love it.

Oh and she's sleeping through! Last 5 nights she hasn't gotten up before 6am.... I'm in shock. Sorry for those who have unsettled nights, but hopefully they'll improve soon too. Last night she had this miserable little fussy fretful feed at 9pm and I was sure it wouldn't hold her (and we don't dreamfeed it seems to really unsettle her), but she was fine! I'm SO amazed (& thankful!).

fuzzy - Thanks I hope Chloe had a good night last night. How do you dream feed without waking her up?

Last night Isaac fed at 8:30ish, then I stayed on the couch and fell asleep watching tv (for some reason that makes the next feed so much easier, weird), until he woke at midnight, then 3:45, then 7am. Around those times are usual for us. It sounds like a lot, but as I didn't really go to bed until after the midnight feed it was kind of like we were only up once. I feel great now, as as he fell asleep really quickly after each feed so there was no settling or anything. The night before was awful, I couldn't settle him, I think it was wind or belly ache as he wouldn't lie down without crying, so we both got hardly any sleep. I was getting annoyed and cranky, I just felt awful and like I was a bad mother for feeling like that, when I knew he couldn't help it. Anyway, I'm so glad last night was good, I needed the sleep. I might try a dreamfeed tonight if I can figure out how to do it and see what happens.

Belfie - Yay for your sleep! Hopefully Annika keeps that up thanks for the tip about heating the EBM, I didn't think of that. Isaac still hasn't taken to a dummy so I won't try that, it upsets him for some reason. and thanks, he is an awesome size! The MCHN said they expect 180g per week, Isaac is doubling that and more some weeks but she said not to worry as it'll even out soon once this continuous growth spurt slows down.

Isaac has been sucking his hands and thumb a lot lately, and loudly, I can hear him slurping from the kitchen when he's on the lounge room floor

I feel like I'm missing something and doing the day time thing wrong when I'm reading about putting your bubs to sleep during the day. I don't put Isaac to sleep at all. I let him fall asleep when he's tired, and when he's not tired I put him on a rug on the floor (usually with no nappy on) and play with him (I mean talking, kisses, rattling a toy etc) or just let him be on his own happily looking around until he grizzles. Then I'll feed him or hold him or put him in the sleepywrap. Is it bad to just let him sleep when he wants? I feel a bit worried now that this is not the right thing to do. I do feel like I don't know what I'm doing, it's all still so new.

actually don't worry about the last bit of my last post. I was just having an insecure moment, all is fine and I've realised we are doing what works for us and Isaac seems ok with it so its not bad at all. I shouldn't worry so much.

Belfie - check out the sleepywrap website, they are having 40% off for a few hours on Friday if you want a 2nd one! Also want to add to what you can't do while wearing one, for me anyway, is go to the toilet, brush my teeth or eat pasta (very messy). I can do the washing and use the sewing machine though!
    Last edited by bec293; November 24th, 2010 at 02:39 PM.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast