Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 16th-30th 2010 #1

Fuzzy - I keep meaning to look into some of that, I always heard good things about it.

I'm off to do my follow-up OGTT (fasting glucose challenge) tomorrow morning - wish me luck

Connie - great to hear from you. Overstimulated is soooo hard (and annoying) and I hate all those ppl who say...oh but look he/she is so cute, all smiles etc...when they're not the one up at 2am with a over-stimulated tired cranky baby! I swear I'll ring them one of these days... both SIL & BIL don't have kids, so are very much in the "make kids party all night" camp.

Dory - i'm so glad you posted that, cos I knew there was a timeframe that gets mentioned at this age about how long they really should be up (and it really isn't long at all), and I was struggling to remember it. I used to always put Xander down after about 90 mins even when he seemed amazingly awake, and it was incredible how often he'd go to sleep even though I didn't think he looked tired at all! So I have to remember to try this with Annika. It's also really good for them to get used to being awake but happy in their cots - they learn that they can be content on their own gooing & gaahing, but you'll still be there for them when they need you.

*whispers* she's slept through for 9 nights running now, I can't believe it. Can't say it too loud in case she stops (which she undoubtedly will at some stage! And I hope no-one feels the urge to kill me for having a baby who is sleeping so well - I have no wish to make anyone cry.

Thanks for all your green poos feedback, i cant rememeber who said it maybe dory, the milk can make adifference ie fore milk/hind milk. so ive been trying to feed longer on one boob and i think its making a difference.
    Deana - thats a good point, would be more worried if there was constipation!

Fuzzy - i got into that with DS its is a very interesting concept. I have the dvd and shes pretty clever as every single baby no matter what nationality makes those same sounds! pretty clever. Havent personally tried it out with either kids tho as boobie or a good fart usually fixes everything lol

Bec - hope you have a lovely holiday!! cant wait for mine!!

Belfie - good luck with your test!!

Hello to everyone... sorry i forgot everything else, but have been reading.

Cant believe my baby girl is 2 months!! So scary how fast its all going!
    Things are great with DP atm... we are looking at a house together this thursday so fingers crossed its really nice cos im getting really excited to move now!
    Speaking of partners.. if you dont mind me asking again.... is everyone started to be normal in the DTD department yet.. we 'attempted' it for the first time last night and although i have been told im completely healed, it really hurt.. im wondering if its more than just had a baby stuff... has anyone else experience actual pain, or just being uncomfortable? sorry if this is TMI but it was just like one particular spot being hit was just ridiculously painful which is strange cos it wasnt anywhere near where all the tearing was... hmmm if it keeps happening might go see the gp maybe ???

Also does anyone put there bubs to sleep onthere tummy.? i know your not supposed to but isabella LOVES it and she will only wake once a night ish if i put her on her tum. i did this with DS cos it was only way he ever would sleep... but curious if any other bubs prefer it..?

HOpe your all really well.. someones calling again...

Bec – It is very sad when our little ones get the needles. I hop you enjoy your trip and have a lot of relaxing time.

Dory – Yeah always green, I was worried about it at first, but the midwifes assured me its fine and it will pass in time. I still might ask about it this week when I see them again though. I feel you on the sore throat. I hate getting sick and now I am to nnnoooo

Connie – That’s excellent that George slept that long at night yay. As for the tired signs during the day, I wouldn’t worry to much about during the day as long as he is sleeping great during the night. I cant really read Blake’s tired signs either, I only wait until he gets his little grizzle and then I try to put him to sleep.

Fuzzy – Wow those signs are really helpful, but I don’t think Ive heard Blake do most of them. Maybe I should pay attention more to his noises lol. Ill print that off and stick it on the fridge.

Buzzie – The first few times we DTD, it hurt and the only way it didn’t hurt was him on top (Sorry for the TMI), its starting to get better now though. Im just glad to have my sex drive back as I had none at all when I was pregnant lol. Blake hates being on his tummy so he wouldn’t like sleeping that way. But every baby is different and if Isabella loves it then I say go for it. You know whats best for your baby.

How was everyone’s weekend? Blake is getting more regular at sleeping all night. He slept for 4 nights straight, but woke up last night at 3:30 again. Maybe cause I posted it on facebook…. Im sure he is close to sleeping permanently through the night though just will take a few attempts.
    Also does anyone’s babies hate having tummy time? I have tried since Blake was born is have tummy time and I still do it everyday for a couple of minutes but he screams. I feel horrible when I give him tummy time. Being 11 weeks tomorrow, I thought he would get use to it by now.

Deana- have you tried rolling up a small blanket or towel and when you give Blake tummy time pop it under his chest with his arms over it (Or even his arms resting on it), We would do that with Jett so he was up that slighlty bit higher & he would be happier doing tummy time. Harlow doesn't mind it but she gets so fristrated, she holds her head right up but she tries her hardest to move her legs to inch herself foreward!!

Buzzie- Harlow prefers to sleep on her side-Jett was the same! All my friends bubs are tummy sleepers and much happier that way! So cute seeing them bum up in the air sound asleep!!

Deana - thanks so much for sharing that, I feel better now. Seriously thought there was something wrong with me lol hope it doesn't take long to heal cos it was horrible!
    Re- tummy time, each bub to there own. I didn't often do tummy time with Ds and he was fine. It is good to do but not essential. Babies will learn to lift their heads at some stage.
    If your worried about it, have you tried proping him up.? U can stick a pillow underneath or even buy timmytime mats that support them.

Isabella has her 8week check today yay.
    Then tonight I'm going to dinner and a movie with DP. His parents are having the kids so I'm expressing like crazy today, really nervous Tbh, never left either kids this young before.. Tho never had to work on a relationship either lol

Hope everyones well

Wite - we posted at the same time then, I love seeing her little bum up LOL so cute

Tired here today. Chloe woke at 2am, 3:30am 5 am and then 7.. and it took me until 10:30am to get her to sleep. arrrrrrrh.

fuzzy - Isabella AND Ash are always up at 3 am.. its been like that for a couple weeks now.. very weird... Bella is usually up ever hour after that. Very exhausting so i find myself bringing her in my bed after 4-5am ish i defiantly feel for you too

Just out of curiosity how long is everyones bubs? Isabella had her 8 week check today and her weight 6.3kg and head 38.7cm where 97th percentile but her length 57.5cm was 50th percentile.. i dont norally go by that chart cos it means nothing.. but was just curious now LOL

Buzzie - Hannah's length when last measured 10 days ago or so, was 59cm I think. She hadn't tipped 6kgs at that point. She was about 8 weeks. She's getting weighed and measured on Friday so I can let you know what she is at 10 weeks. About DTD - it was very uncomfortable, no matter what possie for me first time, even more uncomfortable than when we DTD post cervical suture was removed. We're on our third session and it's much better. Still not great but only mildly uncomfortable rather than excruciating. I am hoping it gets better.... but like Deanna, I am just happy to have something resembling any interest post pregnancy. GL with house hunting. GL with your "date night" tonight. I have been trying to have one for at least 3 weeks but haven't got the courage to leave HB alone nor to ask. So today, first step, I asked a relo to sit. Not date set yet, but I asked.....

Fuzzy - I am having one of those too, except one less wake up... but then Hannah was a sleep refuser for most of the day. At least she was a happy sleep refuser. I still went through the sleep routine we have, but she just happily gooed and gaaed to herself. So I let her. Can't force her to sleep. Of course she's asleep now... Hope your day improved and you got some rest and sleep.

Deana - Hannah HATES tummy time. I have tried all sorts of things - the towel rolled up under her arms and chest, laying down in front of her and trying to get her attention. The thing that seems to work though, is laying her on my belly chest, and leaning back in the lounge. She holds up her head and looks around and doesn't arch up like she does if I try to do floor tummy time. Not surprisingly she is a back sleeper. HATES her side too - I roll her on to her side to clean under her neck folds ( so cute to have that much chubba) and she archs up.

Belife - wow - past 9 nights... awesome. What sort of times does that mean for you? Have your got your GTT test results? How did the test go? Hope the glucose drink stayed down.

AFM - weird day yesterday. I felt really tired when I woke up, even though Hannah had a pretty average night - only up at 1am and 4am then 7am. After DH left for work I felt really dizzy and nauseated and shivery. Thankfully Hannah was asleep from 8am to 1pm ish... OMG. But I had a really weird DREAM that felt all too real - I dreamt I was lying on the lounge ( where I was lying) and that all of a sudden my face felt puffy, then numb and then I lost my vision and was unable to move. I tried to call 000 to tell them I was having a stroke, but couldn't see the numbers on the phone and then tried to get up and despite thinking I had moved I hadn't. It was sooo scary. I woke up trying to yell out, but couldn't really speak either. I woke up drenched in sweat but the nausea was almost gone. Must have had a virus and been too hot. It was a hot day and I was under a blanket as I had felt shivery before going to sleep. That dream followed the dream I had when I woke up that morning - I dreamt I was choking/gagging - and then I felt sick later that day.. I was worried that the next dream would come true too.. So I was scared witless. I was FINE but I did not go to sleep again and I had the phone by my side all arvo. I think DH thought I was a bit precious about it all. But it was so real.

Hannah is asleep after being a happy little sleep refuser all day. Wonder how long she'll sleep? I should go and do some gardening but being on BB is way more fun....

Hello to Apes, Kirsten, Connie, Catherine, Wite ( cooking up a storm?) and Bec ( enjoy that holiday).

I feel like roast potato but am having chicken stir fry and rice for dinner.

Buzzie - Chloe was 58 cm long and 5.7 kg at 8 weeks. At 9 weeks she was 6 kg. So yeh she was 90% percentile for weight and 50th for length. As for DTD. The first time it was way too sore and we gave up. Was ok the next time though. Still a bit sore but nothing like the first. Yep I bring Chloe into bed with us too if its after 5am. There is nothing better than waking up and looking down at her peaceful gorgeous little face

Dory - man that is a freaky dream. Sounds like you had a fever! You dont have mastitis do you? The fever was what I had before any other symptoms

Ok off to bed now as its 8:45 pm.. LOL

Thanks so much for that info. Good to know all is normal sometimes lol

DP and I had a lovely night out last night - highly highly recommend seeing Due Date! My god it was hilarious!!!! I love Robert Downey jr - sexy in a bad boy way!
    Kids where great Isabella cried alot at one point but she has alot of wind that come out when I feed her, obviously they only had a bottle which she wasn't used to but got it down eventually. Can't wait to do it more often and Dp parents LOVED having them

Have a lovely day everyone

Wite – Ill try popping a rolled up towel under him thank you. Im hoping it works as he hates it, screams the whole place down. I have even tried getting down and putting my face near his for comfort but still doesn’t want a bar of it.

Buzzie – Thanks, His neck is still pretty strong but not as strong as it should be. Well I don’t even know how strong it should be actually lol. As for Blake, im getting him weighed tomorrow, but 2 weeks ago he was 5.33 kgs and measured 57.5. Im hoping he has put on more weight. I weighed him last week and he was still at 5.37kgs but that was cause he was vomiting badly from his reflux.

Fuzzy – Im sorry to hear about all the wake up calls. I hope last night was much better for you.

Dory – Blake is the same, He loves being on his tummy if im learning back in the lounge. I haven’t tried putting him on his side yet, im still a little freaked out about SIDS if he sleeps on his side that is.
    Wow your dream sounds scary, I hope your ok.

Blake slept majority of the day yesterday and I tried to keep him awake from 5-8 to play but he ended up going back to sleep at 6pm so I left him until it was his bath time at 7:30. I gave him his bottle at 8pm and usually after his bath and bottle he is dead to the world and last night he didn’t want a bar if sleeping, all he wanted to do was play and smile. Cheeking monkey. Then he woke up at 4:30, I hate when he wakes then as its impossible to put him back to bed and DP’s alarm for work goes off at 5:30. Now im tired

I am officially pulling my hair out.

I CANNOT get her to go to sleep in her cot. She only wants to sleep on me and no matter how long I hold her she wakes when I stick her in there. And to top it off we had another night of 1am, 3am 4:30am 6 am.

I just put her in her cot and she is screaming and I cant deal with it

Fuzzie - just leave her there in her cot - she's safe, and take a break - have a shower where you can't hear Chloe cry and just breathe. let the water fall down on you and wash away your frustration. You can get through this and you can cope. I am having one of those days too, but without the screaming, seems to be easier without the screaming, but ah here we go, the screaming is starting....

Deana - I hear you ... Hannah wouldn't sleep yesterday ( and today too it seems) and she crashed at 5pm. She woke at 1 and then 4 but has not been for a decent sleep since then. A couple of cat naps after feeding but as soon as I do the settle for sleep routine she wakes up. Cheeky monkey indeed. I was hoping she was asleep now, but it seems not. So I am hearing you about being tired! Oh I don put Hannah to sleep on her side, I too am nuts about SIDS. I put her on her side to help clean under the chubba folds and she just hates both - being on her side and the cleaning of the chubba neck fold.

Fuzzy - I was worried about mastitis as one breast was a bit engorged for a day or so, but I just expressed a lot from that side and it seems to have passed. Oh and lots of massaging in the shower....poor DH... it's only window shopping for him in that department at the mo.

Buzzie - glad you had such a good night!

I had Hannah in bed with me this morning in the hope she'd fall asleep - she did for about 15 mins. It was nice just gazing down on her. It's amazing how time seems to stop when you look at them huh?

Fuzzy - I'm with Dory the shower is a great idea (or just go into the back yard, or put her in the pram in the back yard and go into the house - babies seem to like it outside anyway). The constant crying does get a bit much sometimes.

Deana - I have noticed Pearl has really woken up heaps in the past few days - she has had a few afternoons of no sleep from about 2 or 3pm until about 10pm which is no fun for anyone!

Buzzie - good to hear you had a great night - I have to go to a meeting tomorrow arvo (110kms away) and DH is going to try to give Pearl a bottle for the first time - should be interesting!

Belfie - Yah for sleeping through!!! How are your bbs by the morning?

AFM - still battling the vasospasm pain here - sometimes I think it is getting better then we have another bad day and/or night and I feel like I'm back to square one! Am now on double the dose of drugs as well as a spray which I use under my tongue as needed (makes me sleepy, gives me headaches though). Hopefully it will go away on its own soon because I am over it!

Fuzzy - she sounds like Ash. He never EVER slept in a cot and I tried for 18months. No matter what I tried. I then put him straight into a big boys bed with a rail and he's always had that (as well as my bed)
    I still put him in the cot if I had to go to the loo but during the days he (as well as Isabella now) sleep in a pram (emmalajunga) BEST thing I've ever had! It's very rocky and bouncy and has always got my kids to sleep!

Harlow had her 8w checkup yesterday, she is 5.1kilos & 57cm, head circ is 39cm...

Deana: I just thought of something early this morning that if Blake still doesn't like tummy time you could get...I bought it for Jett & was great-so great that I then passed it on to all the other mums in my Mums Group! It is by LAMAZE and it is a "tummy time playmat" ..Basically you lay them down onthe ladybug which is a bit higher off the ground, it is curved so hey cannot fall off it and it encourages them to keep their head up because they are that bit higher up off the ground..It cost us about $50 but was well worth the money. Lamaze Spin & Explore Garden Gym Shop Online - iQToys.com.au

DP & I have DTD twice now and there a sonly slight discomfort for a minute the first time but all was ok after that..Not a painful or uncomfortable as I remember when I had stitches after my first labour..!!

Dory- I love popping Harlow into my bed ina morning just so I can sit up and stare at her..so peaceful and so amazing to know that WE created them and they depend solely on us and we structured every single little bit of their amazing little bodies

Wite - wow same length but 1.2kg lighter.. Bella must be a chubba LOL
    I'm looking at a house in NarreWarren/Berwick today.. looks like i might be leaving Belfies neighborhood and coming your way

Chuckie - Just realised I missed hearing from you! Sorry about the vasospasm not knowing when you've had enough! I'll put a hex on it for you.... be GONE nasty vasospasm.....

Buzzie - I have only just started putting Hannah in the cot for day time sleeps, if I can actually eek one of those out of her. I put her down before, all tired, and she woke up and has been awake ever since having a great time - kicking and gooing and smiling. Oh so cute. Decided to just go with the flow. Do the sleep routines and give her 20-30 mins to herself and if doesn't work, bring her out and put her on the mat, or bouncer or swing (all giveaways - how cool is that?). Now she is happily lifting up her singlet and showing off her gorgeous tum.

Fuzzy - yesterday after I replied to you it all went downhill very quickly here. A bath was a brief respite, but apart from that lots of crying. I think she was overstimulated and overtired, but Hannah just won't go to sleep for very long during the day the past few days. But then when she did go to sleep last night, she slept for 8 hours! OMG. Of course the BB's were exploding all over the place. Pity we had to fast the cats last night and they kept DH and I awake. Oh well if it's not Hannah it's the cats. Anyway - how are you going today? How did you end up managing yesterday? I also might add - going for a walk helps, even if they are crying... at least it gives you space to clear your head.

Anyway, got to run, have mother's group this arvo and then have to pick up the cat who is having an ultrasound on his liver. Yay, $ spent before christmas on vets bills. Oh well. He ( the cat) is worth it.. even if in desperation for food today he broke one of his waterbowls.... can't wait to have him home again.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast