Default Babies born~September 1st-15th 2008 #5

This thread is for parents who's baby was born September 1st -15th 2008

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Onyx ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying ~ Senior Moderator
    Nelle ~ Senior Moderator
    Olive~Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" - There is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Olive; July 24th, 2010 at 05:05 PM.

Hi girls. Just wanted to come in and see how everyone is doing?

It's nearly birthday time again. Seems to fly by doesn't it?

Pam am heading up your way in the start of September. Care for a catch up?

I can't believe our babies are nearly 2

Just thought I would check in with everybody. There isn't much happening here. Molly is talking more and more. She must be doing ok because DH can understand her

She is doing ok in her bed. I have to sit with her to get her to sleep but the time is getting less and less. Given how bad it was to get her to sleep in a cot towards the end, this is a dream

hi Donna Glad she's going well in her bed I took the side of Ashtons cot and he's been getting in and out LOL Picking up his toddler bed on the weekend

I only have one thing to say at the moment, and that is that I officially HATE this age! Ashton had some little switch flick in his brain and he's gone from a placid beautiful boy to naughty! Tantrums, running off, ignoring me, being naughty on purpose... just to name a few. Kinda doing my head in at the moment. Hope it passes soon!

Ashton is really toilet trained He refuses to wear a nappy at home now and hasn't had an accident in a week! Really growing up. Sniff!

Oh Mel. Isn't it hard to see them grow up? I have lots of mixed feelings atm I love seeing her do new things but still wish she was my baby KWIM?
    I have got Molly a potty. Not that I think she will use it but she is showing interest in when I go so thought why not have it here so she can get used to seeing it.
    We have the same going on with Molly. Seems she loves to test her boundaries too atm.

Hi girls...Donna a catch up would be great PM me closer to the time.
    Gee Poppy is still happy in her cot so will be staying there or as long as possible, no toilet training either for us.I will wait ofr better weather before we try..enough washing as it is without making more for myself. We are off for a hearing test next week..and if that comes back okay, she will be gettign assessed for a speech delay..it may even be speech dsypraxia.. after speaking with the speech pathoilgist i looked it up and it seems a likely cause for her delay and loss of words that she used to say..otherwise she is happy and healthy..but is using more and more sign language to express herself.
    Tilly is growing in leaps and bounds 4 months old now and I put a size 0 bonds grow suit on her the other day!!!! Her kidny is not effecting her feeding and growth..I'm still offering the breast then comping..but the only tiem she really seems to enjoy it now is in bed at night..she gets quite grumpy with me at other times..just too slow and not enough..then she chokes on the bottle cause its fast compared to me..and thats with a NB teat on it!!! oh well i guess you can only try1!
    Good to hear you girls and the big bubbas are doing well...

Hi ladies!! How is everyone??

Just want to direct you to this thread lol http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ng-my-toe.html

Can't believe birthdays are around the corner!!

Woohoo best news ever

Omg yay!

Okay, a new thread explains why there hasn't been any updates showing up in my settings! haha.
    Congratulations Ezy! woooooooohooooooo
    Matthew is doing very well and has been having a lovely five weeks with his grandparents who have been staying with us. It's going to be very sad when they head back to Brisbane next weekend. No toilet training here yet and he's still sharing a bed with me and breastfeeding through the night. Will have to come to an end soon, I guess!
    What's everyone doing for parties, cakes and special presents this year? As I didn't have a party for Matthew last year, I am determined not to wuss out this year! Looking for ideas and advice!

all our posts are gone Poo bum.

Well just letting ya'll know that I haven't removed any of you, I've disabled my account due to some recent nastiness ... wont be permanent, just until they grow up and move on, and my family keep their bloody noses out of it all too. Grr ...
    Last edited by Phteven; September 15th, 2010 at 08:50 PM.

Hey girls how is everyone? I am joining Mel in saying that I am not a fan of this age. Molly has decided that spitting on the table is lots of fun.

I can hear her in the next room crying as DH is trying to put her to sleep. I was the one putting her to sleep every night until I put my foot down. Some nights, like tonight I almost think that it would be easier if I did it but then I remember why I put my foot down

Birthday parties (yes, we had two!) were successful - made the same cake for each one using a star pan that I bought from a nice little kitchen ware shop in Griffith. We have a new lot of grandparents staying with us, so effectively we'll have had grandparents with us for three months. Not sure how I will cope on my own again after the October holidays have ended.
    Finally got Matthew to the MCN for his two year old checkup. Still hasn't caught up on the weight he lost from the vomiting bug and then tonsillitis but not unhappy with his 14kg. I am a bit confused though that in June he was measured as being 90cm long (measured lying down) at the paediatrician's but today he was 89cm -measured standing. I guess it just the difference in the way it's done. Not that it really matters much anyway. I know he's not shrinking!
    Still have weaning and getting him into his own bed ahead of me. Waiting until we move during the Christmas school holidays. If I survive that long!
    Hope things have settled down now, Mel! Looked like things were getting pretty ugly there for a bit.
    Loving the photos people have been posting on FB. What a great looking bunch of kids we've produced! Well done, us!

Hello everyone. My little rogue is keeping me on my toes. Screamed and cried today from the moment I put him in the shopping trolley until we got through the checkout and back outside. Then suddenly it was all sunshine and happiness, even blowing kisses to the shop assistant who carried out our groceries to the car for us. Arghh.

Hats off to those of you with more than one! xx

Well, I seem to be the only one posting in this thread at the moment but anyway, just in case some of you are lurking and may have missed my posts on FB, I have something to ask you. My cousin's little boy, who is just 5 months old, has Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). I am terribly worried. They are in Townsville and little Noah had surgery on Wednesday. Before he had surgery, my cousin was told to say her goodbyes. Anyway, he's pulled through the surgery but she's been told not to deceive herself as he is still very, very sick. He has a tube coming out of the corner of his right eye and another going into his heart and he has had a blood transfusion. They have also been administering morphine to him but he is still in great pain.
    I am hoping that he will recover from this but I don't know what the prognosis is. I don't imagine that it would be very good. I am asking everyone to pray, or to just keep him in their thoughts. Please.

Little Noah has been in my thoughts Kerry. I can't even imagine how the parents are feeling!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast