Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2009 #3

Default Babies born~September 1st-15th 2009 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2009.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Olive ~ Senior Moderator
    ~Trish~ ~ Moderator
    Boomba ~ Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Helpful Articles
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?

Helpful Forums
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Helpful Articles

Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Helpful Forums
    Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Helpful Articles
    Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Recommended Reading List

Helpful Forums
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Astrolady; May 17th, 2011 at 11:50 AM.

Kelly, I hope T is feeling better - he has had a bad run!

Sanchez, LMAO about the tampon! I have to admit they don't really stay where they should now - I did think it was because everything down there had changed shape but now I suspect it is my hideously weak pelvic floor that won't keep them where they are supposed to be. I have been on the brink of dishing out some panadol just for the hope of breaking the habit many many times. So far I haven't given in to temptation but really it wouldn't do any harm if it was only a couple of days (and cough syrup would work better..). I thought A would be an earlybird for everything like DS was, but alas she is a floor ornament still...

NW3, I hope S has come to realise that 5am is NOT a good time to start the day!

Taurean, how is the weaning going?

Well, after I posted the other day about our nightmare sleeping, she went and slept until 5am! Since then she has been waking only once or twice during the night and it is amazing. I am not sure what caused the turn about, but right before it happened I managed to get her to sleep without feeding ('cos it was midnight and she was buggered lol) and it seemed to help her realise that she doesn't actually need to feed every sleep cycle to go back to sleep.
    Still no spontaneous movement, but she will do 5-6 steps now but you have to hover right over her to catch her when she tips to the side or nosedives. Still no sign of teeth!

Shiny new thread! Only problem is I've forgotten what was going on in all your last posts.

Art - WOOHOO!!! That is awesome! What a breakthrough!! How many times, honestly, did you get up to check on her?! Or were you so tired from months of crap sleep that you slept right through too?! I have eveything crossed that this is a new start for you guys. PMSL at your 'floor ornament', and a toothless one at that. I wonder if you'll wake up one day to find Miss A with a full mouth of white pealers.

Sanchez - I'm with Sangie. I should know better than to have a mouthful of anything when I read your posts as my dear laptop often wears it when I burst out laughing!!! That tampon story was so damn funny!! I still don't have AF (19 months and counting!) but I suspect I'll struggle with tampons when it does return as the old pelvic floor aint what she used to be! I used to have quite good control down there, even my doctor commented once when my vjay-jay shot one of her tools out when I was having a pap smear a few years back! So embarassing!

AM - is Sam still rising at sparrows fart? Damn sparrows!!! 5am is not cool. We've been so spoilt by Izzy's 8am starts lately that anything before 7am is not cool in our house! I really shouldn't get use to that, should I. Actually, I shouldn't even write it down as she'll no doubt make a liar out of me tomorrow!

Kelly - poor little man! He has had a terrible run with illness, hasn't he. Well done for battling through hon - you are super mum! Is he better now?

Sangie - How's Ethan going? Is he still wearing his helmet, I can't remember!

Hi everyone else!

Izzy had her worst night ever on Saturday night. We had friend stay the night with their 7 month old so us parents could play cards and have a few drinks. Izzy went to bed without a drama at 7.30 but woke at 8.30 just as we started playing cards and then stayed up until 12.30am I tried so many times to put her back down but she just kept fighting it. Was happy as larry watching our game and drinking copious amounts of milk but every time we put her down, she would scream blue murder. It was horrible! Anyway, we gave in at 12.30 and went to bed and that is when our little darling finally called it a night too - I was fuming!! Thankfully she slept til 8.30. I thought our friends little man was being such a good boy but they actually left at 7.30am as he had been a little bugger all night!! Needless to say, the sleepover was far from a success - Babies 1, Adults 0.

We tried a different brand of yoghurt last week (the new Masterchef Greek yoghurt) and Izzy did two MEGA spews after eating it in the evening. I don't recommend it at all! It must be too rich for her although other Greek yoghurts have been fine. The spews were massive and quite a shock as she's never really been a spewy baby. One of them was all through her cot while I was out on Monday night so we had to strip her and the cot at middnight when I got home. DH said she'd slept soundly so he was none the wiser. I'm just glad I went in to check on her before I went to bed or she would have slept in it all night. FOUL!

Izzy is standing unsupported a lot more now. She's really improved a lot over the last week and now does it while analysing what ever it is she has in her hands. It's cute as she kind of takes herself by surprise as she's so interested by what's in her hands that she doesn't realise she's standing by herself and when she reaslises, she gets all excited and falls on her bum! I wonder if she'll be walking by her first birthday

I ordered Izzy's birthday invites last week. I found a really good printing website which had some really fun invite templates. Izzy's is a magazine cover, with her as the covergirl and all the party details are randomly spread about the cover. They are really fun and different. Her party is shaping up to be a lot bigger than we thought so it's doubling as a kind of house warming too. I think we have about 50 or so coming but that includes quite a lot of kids. I'm not sure what to do about her cake yet. My mum always made us amazing birthday cakes from the Women's Weekly cake recipe book and I would love to do the same but to be honest, I can't bake to save my life. I can cook well but baking is not my thing (although I do love to eat the raw mixture, yum!). So I'm tempted to just buy a cake with a personalised message on it. Is that a cop out?!

Weaning is going well and we're down to just one BF a day now, the first feed of the day, as soon as she wakes. I'm really enjoying having my boobs back (although I don't recognise them anymore!) and the one feed is pretty relaxing for both of us. I'd considered weaning her fully after her first birthday but I think I'll just continue until she's over it now. I figure my boobs can't look any worse, surely not?!

Gotta run, Miss Iz is awake. Ciao!

Taurean, A does the up until midnight thing every week or two. Drives me mental. If she happens to wake fully after she has gone to sleep then she just considers it a nap and is up for another 3-4 hours. PAINFUL!!!

We aren't doing a party for the kids this year. We were going to but then thought that for the cost of it vs enjoyment we were better off flying DH's parents up for a visit. DS isn't an overly social child so probably wouldn't get much out of a party and A is still young so we thought they would get more out of seeing their grandparents for a week (plus FIL is a builder and we have lots of odd jobs....bonus!)

I have been meaning to say, have you tried taking Vitex (chaste tree berry)? It helps regulate the progesterone/prolactin balance and might bring back AF (and your MIA libido with it).

Also, it is not a cop out to buy a cake, nor is it to buy a pre-made sponge and decorate it (and pass it off as your own lol)

Art - thanks for the info! Would you believe I just discovered EWCM in my knickers Im ovulating again, LOL!! I stopped taking the mini pill over a week ago so that may have helped. AF still hasn't returned but at least I'm having a few indications that my body is returning to normal. Now we'll have to be extra careful DTD (when my libido returns!) as we defintely aren't ready for another baby yet!

I like your idea of buying sponge cakes to decorate and claiming it as your own. That is great advice!!
    Last edited by Taurean; July 27th, 2010 at 12:29 AM.

Art, yay on some progress in the sleep department! I hope that means you got to catch up on some shut eye LMAO at the floor ornament comment! I wish Ethan would be an ornament even for a few seconds, this kid just cannot keep still. He won't even watch the TV for more than 10 seconds

Taurean, woo hoo for EWCM, now you are ready for number 2 lol OMG lucky you with no AF. Mine has been back for ages unfortunately. Izzy's party sounds like its going to be huge and the invites sound gorgeous. Absolutely nothing wrong with buying a cake hun but I might have another idea if you want to make it? There is a cake supply place near me that hires out novelty cake tins. They have so many to choose from and its so easy - just whip up the cake mix, bake and decorate. Always looks impressive and soooo much easier than having to cut shapes out of a slab cake. Or just buy it lol! Yes Ethan still has his helmet but hopefully it will off by the time he turns 1. His head is so much better, its actually round now! He has a slight flat spot right at the top of his skull which should hopefully pop out at the next growth spurt and then its 'helmet off' woo hoo!

Sanchez, i think I read on fb that V isn't sleeping well again? What's happening hun? Stubborn little things aren't they?

Ethan is cutting a top tooth and he's been a bit miserable. He does this really annoying grinding of his teeth now which drives me insane. I've tried giving him a rusk or teething ring but he throws them away and continues grinding his teeth arrrgghhhh!

We are still undecided about his birthday. We will either do a biggish party at home (40-50 people) or keep it simple and go out to lunch with just immediate family (15 odd people). DH wants the easier option of course but I feel a bit torn as we had a big party for DD so I sort of think we should do the same for Ethan. Decisions, decisions................! But I have bought his present, a wooden train set!

Sorry for not getting to you all, hope all bubs are behaving themselves! I'm heading out to get some sun while we have it!

Sangie, ewww teeth grinding! Yuck! Makes my skin crawl! Hope he grows out of that really soon for you.

Not a lot going on here. I think Miss A will finally be mobile soon. She did about 10 steps solo over to her walker today and then did a lap of the house, but I have to hover over her because she forgets to hold on or tips to the side. She is quite fun lately, getting a bit more personality. I think she must have had a growth spurt lately too - all her size 1 tops are now about an inch too short on her arms.

Double post

Art - OMG, A is growing out of size 1?! Izzy is just moving into size 0!!! She's a 1 in Bonds Wondersuits but that's it. Go A!!

Not much to report here except I think the top front teeth are FINALLY on their way down. Miss Iz has been a bit out of sorts for the last couple of weeks (Wonder Week 46 didn't help) but she's been drooling and chomping on her fingers so we suspected a tooth and today I saw the white of one of her top ones. I reckon it will be through by morning.

On a positive note, little Missy slept for 13 hours STRAIGHT last night () then for 1.5 hours this morning then 2.5 hours this afternoon! I had to wake her up in the end!! I think the poor little thing must finally be feeling a bit more human so she's catching up on sleep. In saying that, her sleep has been pretty good but she's been quite hard to settle at night, often not finally settling until 11pm. Last night was bliss!

Well, speak of the devil - she's awake!

Hi all

God I am a numnut. I saw that I new thread had been started but didn't even think of subscribing to it so just assumed it was all a bit quiet here and have now realised that you were all here all the time. Hope everyone is good and bubs are behaving themselves.

Taurean best of luck with the teeth coming down - is it just one of them or both? Sams 3rd and 4th teeth came through within a day of eachother but he didn't seem to suffer too badly. His next one (no 5) has just broken through now but this has dragged on for over two weeks. It seemed to bulge in his gum for ages and ages but it finally broke through yesterday. Tons of drool, chewing of fingers and anything he can get into his mouth and the worse nappy rash. I can't believe that they say that teething doesn't cause nappy rash. Sam doesn't normally get bad nappy rash but each time before the teeth came through the same really nasty rash appears. That and the fire engine red cheeks He also bit me twice which he though was very funny but I wasn't so amused. Izzys party sounds like it is going to be great fun. I am trying to decide whether to have Sam's here or else in nearby park. Just means I don't have to do the winter overhaul to the deck and garden. We've had soooo much rain here in Sydney the place is a mess and needs a good afternoon or two to put right but who has those free these days.

Art can't believe that A is growing out of size 1s. Sam's like Izzy in Os and as he is a skinny minny they can appear big on him. Everyone comments on him being long which is funny as he is only on 50% for height but I think he appears longer as he is slim. He'll probably have his fathers build tall and slim. I'll say yah for her getting mobile though I am sure you will get a lot more done if she is less mobile. You are not wrong about how their personality is now starting to come out. Is soo cute when you see little glimpses of the people they will grow up to be. Sam is getting cheeky. When we are out he loves shouting to get peoples attention and then giving a butter wouldn't melt in his mouth looks when they say hello to him!

Sangie how awful is the teeth grinding? Sam started doing it shortly after his top two teeth came through. It really grates doesn't it. Great news that Ethan might not have to wear the helmet for much longer. He''ll probably miss it when its gone!

Sanchez - how are you going with sleeping problems? You poor thing. I am wrecked if I have to get up once a night and Sam is reasonably good and doesn't do it that often now but I don't know how I would cope if it was constant and more often. Are you managing to get any sleep? How is work going? Hope they are not working you too hard though I think maternity is always busy. The red dust storm that hit Sydney last year happened the morning after Sam was born and it triggered a raft of women to go into labour (this was on top of the ususal New Years Eve baby increase) and the hospital that I was in was overflowing. The maternity ward was completly full and they had to take over an entire floor of just a general ward to cope with the influx. They ended having to bring in a lot of nurses assistants to try to cope but to be honest it didn't really help as you normally rang for a midwife if you needed help and they weren't able to do anything.

Kelly - hope all is well with you and T and his ear drum has repaired itself. Not much longer now till he is the big 1 as I think he will be the first. Have you anything planned?

Oh can just hear him stirring so will be back later to give update on whats happening with us.
    Last edited by Now we're 3; August 1st, 2010 at 03:39 PM.

Urgh, I spoke too soon. Last night was officially our WORST night ever. I kid you not, I got to sleep at 5.30am Yes, you heard right. I'm shattered with just 3 hours sleep under my belt. OMG

She's been a bit up and down all day, has only slept for an hour all up (two 30 min naps) since waking at 8.45am. We tried everything last night except Pain Stop. I must get hold of some, even if it means lying to the pharmacist about her age, LOL.

So it's definitely the top front teeth. One is further down than the other but both are on their way. It was only a matter of time but please let tonight be easier!!!

xx

Hi girls

Taurean keeping fingers crossed that tonight is better love. Can't suggest anything that you haven't tried already. haven't heard about pain stop but will keep it in mind if things ever get that bad our end.

Well things have just been chuffing along here. Sam's crawling and climbing all over the place now. He can moved pretty quickly when he wants to get into someplace or something that he knows he shouldn't. All that standing practice that he did for all those other months is paying off now! He is building up the courage to let go when standing now and will stand just using one hand and then switch to the other. So will leave go any day now and no doubt fall into a heap and have yet another bruise!

We've learnt a few new tricks in the past week or so which is very cute. He now claps and waves. He won't do it on cue yet but will do it if he thinks there is an audience. Its very cute as he just looks soooo pleased with himself when he does it and makes a real clapping sound when claps .

His sleeping has been a little bit erratic over the past few weeks but thankfully he dropped the idea of getting up at 5am every day! That was way way too early - like I was getting up before breakfast tv had even started! Suddenly 6am seems much more reasonable though would be lovely to go back to the old 7am starts - maybe we can work our back to this. We have the odd night or two when he wakes but at the moment seems to go back to sleep quickly - though i am feeding him as I find that he only seems to wake when he doesn't seem to have fed that well the day before and this seems to co-incide with feeding! The health nurses will probably give out to me for feeding but hey if it works and I don't have to be up for as long ...............

Thats about it - don't think theres anything else new happening.

Cuddles to all the bubs and sleepy vibes to Ms Izzy and any others that need them.

Xx

AM -thanks hon, she seems to be back to normal now. She slept for 13 hours straight last night - HEAVEN! I was up at 7.45 this morning and she didn't wake until 9am. Just what the doctor ordered She's gone down without much fuss at all tonight too so hopefully we've seen the worst of it...until the next tooth that is!

Yay for Sam and his new tricks! They are so cute, aren't they! We went out to dinner with my parents on Saturday night and Izzy was constantly busting out her tricks for us all. So hilarious, such a show off!

I'm starting work again this week, just 10 hours or so a week from home. My old boss phoned me out of the blue last week offering me work on a 3 month project. I caught up with her on the Thursday to get more info and told her I was keen - just like that! It's perfect though really, even if it was completely unexpected. I agreed to do a minimum of 10 hours a week and will do more if I can but no guarantees. I also told my boss I don't know when I'll be online (ie what time) or for how long but I will definitely do the 10 hours each week. She agreed to all my conditions and offered me an hourly rate based on my old wage - I'm one VERY happy mummy!

Hugs to all. I'm off to bed soon xx

Taurean, glad that Izzy seems to be back to normal. Did that tooth come through? YAY at starting work. Your work arrangement sounds a lot like mine! I committed to 10 hours a week too but most weeks I'm getting aroune 8 hours done. Lucky they don't mind and I have to say that I've been really productive so what I'm achieving in 8 hours is probably more like 10 hours work anyway Best of luck with it! I saw your thread on holidays, did you end up deciding where to go?

Art, Ethan is in size 1 suits and I'm just moving him to size 1 jumpers/pants now. I actually need to go shopping for more size 1 and I've put in a request for clothes for his birthday! Sounds like A will be walking very soon! Yes the teeth grinding drives me batty and no, he hasn't gotten over it yet ggggrrrrrrr!

AM, wow sounds like Sam will be walking soon too! I wonder how many of our bubs will be walking before their birthday?! The clapping and waving is so cute isn't it, I never get tired of asking Ethan to do his party tricks! I'm glad the 5am wake up calls have stopped. Ethan enjoyed that wake up time too for a while and thankfully he is back to waking at 7.30am which I am VERY happy about! And crossing my fingers/toes that it continues!

Hope all the rest of you lovely ladies and bubs are well!

Can you all believe our babies are going to be one next month! Crazy! I'm still deciding what to make for Ethans birthday cake. I'm thinking of doing a number 1 cake as we have decided to go out for his party and it seems like an easy cake to 'transport' lol! Ethan is getting much bolder with his cruising now, he will now walk around the couch only holding on with one hand. But he isn't quite confident enough to let go yet. He'd much rather fall to the ground and crawl to his next destination lol! He is really into 'peek a boo' at the moment and wants to play it ALL THE TIME. He covers his eyes with his hand and then uncovers them giggling while I say 'boo'! Funny thing is that he will only cover one eye so he can still see me lol!

I'm off to start the lunch prep, hugs to you all xoxo

Smile

Waa - didn't have a subscription to the new thread, and have not checked Anyway - back now!
    Taurean - sound slike Izzy is a bit all over the place with her sleeping huh - probably just growing and so many new things going on, especially with being so close to walking. I think they get over active and sore muscles so go from not being able to sleep to being really tired. I hope the teeth are coming in ok - how many has she got now? Poor wee thing. I'm lucky that pamol seems to sort Tadhg out within about 5 minutes anytime he is beside himself (which isnt all that often).
    AM - Thanks for asking about T's ear - I thought he was going well, but then noticed one was weeping again - and Dr trip confirms still infected and copious amounts of waxy stuff - she can't even see the eardrum. So most likely it has a slight perforation again She said not to bother with antibiotics as he is so happy most of the time, and it hasnt worked the last 2 times. So we are trucking along, and waiting for a ENT specialist appointment (man am i glad we got health insurance, as its not compulsory in NZ!). That is so cool that Sam is clapping and waving! T still doesnt clap, but waves all the time - especially when you say bye-bye (to anything including toys going in a basket / closing the curtains etc, lol). Thank god you're back to 7am wake-ups! I don't think I could handle pre-6am, and in fact just leave T to go back to sleep by himself if he wakes before 6:45 =P maybe i'm mean - but he is happy enough just talks to himself and plays with his dummy, and usually goes back to sleep or dozes. Party-wise... I was planning a really small one, but then as it goes, the list gets longer and longer - I think we have 23 adults and 8 kids, just for a morning tea - but please cross your fingers for us that it will be sunny! Otherwise I might need to set up the spare room as kidzone to have enough space. I love the idea of making a cake, but am mildly panicing at the idea now! I'm thinking, fairy bread, ****tail sausages (we call them cheerios), savoury muffins, brownie, peppermint slice, cupcakes etc (oh and maybe egg-free cake for Tadhg to try) - but maybe for that many we should cook sausages on a BBQ and have them in bread too... hmm. I'm going very low-key on decorations etc - maybe some balloons and thats probably about it!
    Sangie - cute with all the waving and peekaboo going on! Tadhg is similar with his cruising - will confidently go around furniture and along walls /windows and will stretch to get between things - but alas he can't crawl, so he just holds out his hand and grizzles until i help him to his next toy/location of choice haha. So funny how he knows exactly what he wants to do. I was wondering about a number 1 cake too - but i'm even balking at that so i dont need to cut anything! and trying to toss up between construction (requiring toy diggers etc and green/brown icing with piles of flake / choc raisins etc) or fondant icing you roll out and cut into shapes - i saw a design with coloured balloons on it (probably way harder than it looks!).

So we are trucking along well, Tadhg is coping with his sore ears ok, and still going to daycare etc. Where they love him and always comment on how smiley he is, which is lovely to hear. He is sleeping really well, consistent daysleeps (1.5 and 2 hrs usually) and 7-7, with some wake-ups about 6:15 but generally lies quietly or goes back to sleep until 7. My work contract is about to end, and they are not in a hurry to decide whether to renew - so bit stressed about that. I don't know if they will decide i need to work 5 days, or they don't want me at all (given i'm not in the office or country), or stay status quo for some yet to be defined length of time. Quite annoying really... Hope all the other working mummies are coping well with being away from bubs - i find it quite a good balance doing 3 days, hats off to those of you looking after babies full time, its intense!
    OK time to go get Tadhg from daycare.
    Catch you all soon xx

Hi girls

Just a quick one as looking for little bit of advice as to what you think I should do.

Am currently (in theory) giving Sam four milk feeds per day. Has BF when he wakes and then has bottle after he wakes from morning nap, he then has another bottle before he goes down for afternoon sleep and then has another bottle before he goes to bed. I have only just changed the last feed of the day to bottle (did so last week after the biting instant which was just too painful). One of the reasons I've kept it at 4 rather than changing to 3 is to make sure he'll take enough milk. From what I understand he needs to have been 600-800ml of milk once he is having 3 solid meals. The max that get him to take in a bottle is probably 180ml - often times it will be between 130-150ml which would mean he just wouldn't get enough if he was only having 1 BF and 2 bottles. I have tried not giving him the feed after his morning nap but it made no real difference to the amount he took in the afternoon so that was when I reverted back to the four per day.

He has been up and down with regards to the amount he is eating at the moment. Brekkie seems good as he will have scrambled egg (1 egg - yolk and white) & toast and will often have yogurt as well but lunch and tea are hit and miss. Can't quite work out if it is due to teething, too much milk, becoming a little bit more independent and maybe looking to start to feed himself - we've been experimenting with finger foods and he is now at least trying sometimes to put the food on the tray into his mouth - missing a lot of the time but having fun! or not eating that much just because its just a phase. I'm not worried as I know he will eat if he is hungry but wondering should I really look at dropping one of the milk feeds. I don't think he is getting too much milk but wondered what you think and know that some of you have dropped the 4th feed and why you did.

Hope it all makes sense and sorry long winded but didn't know what to leave out!

AM x

PS say in theory that Sam is on 4 feeds per day. He gets another BF if he wakes in middle of night but I find this night waking only happens when he hasn't eaten much during the day which means he is hungry or so I figure anyway.

Hiya AM,
    I don't think there is a wrong way to go about it - and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there giving their bubs 4, 5 and 6 feeds per day still. But my advice is - if he's not really into eating alot yet, and he wakes at night when he hasn't had enough during the day then keep up the 4th feed - at least then you know he is getting all the sustinance he needs, its healthy for him, and he will sleep well.
    I dropped the 4th bottle (we now do 7am, 2pm, 6:30pm) about 3 or 4 weeks ago because it was getting to the point where T would only have 100ml at a time, so i figured he didn't need it, and in fact one day i forgot to give him a bottle before his sleep and he was fine (bad mummy!). This didn't really increase much when i cut the 4th bottle - but then suddenly he started drinking again about a week later - I'm suspecting it was a growth spurt, which we are just coming out of now. Now we are generally giving him 200ml at each feed but he often wont drink it all.
    K xx
    ps. i have just been in to Tadhg about 6 times in the last 15 minutes while writing this (to fetch the dummy)- and he is still laying in his cot talking and throwing his dummy! Go to sleep!

Gotta be quick as I need to try to start on some work while Miss Iz is napping!

Sangie - so you do 8 hours from home a week and find that works well? I'm really looking forward to starting (this arvo/evening!) and hope I can manage 10 hours around Izzy's sleep. When do you work most of the time? We did book our holiday and we're off to Exmouth then Broome (10 days all up) just after Izzy's birthday. I can't wait! We've booked a villa in Broome with our own plunge pool and alfresco - it's divine!!!

Kelly - poor little Tadhg! He is such a trooper with all the ear problems he's had. I hope things get sorted soon. We *might* be heading to NZ for a conference DH has been invited to (he *thinks* it's in Auckland) so if it happens, we should meet up (if you're keen that is!). I'll keep you posted

AM - totally agree with what Kelly said - great advice. Izzy sometimes has 3 milk feeds a day, sometimes 4. Sometimes she'll have an extra feed in the middle of the night (formula) if I think she needs it (Saturday night was a prime example of that!). I don't honestly bother working out how much she's had each day as I know she will make up for it with food or she'll drink more milk when she's not eating as much. I just go with the flow Izzy drinks a lot of water too so I know she's hydrated enough and between food and milk, she gets enough nutrition. I BF Izzy first thing in the morning but I doubt she's getting much off me any more (she was belting my left boob on Sunday then just gave up and hasn't shown much interest in it since - bye bye Lefty!). In the morning, I make up three bottles. Two x 200ml and one 100ml. She often won't finish a 200ml bottle so I put whatever she hasn't had in the fridge and give it to her later. She usually gets through those three bottles each day though (500ml) so I'm happy with that. I tend to just guage what she's eaten (solids) and how much water she's had an adjust her milk need accordingly, if that makes sense.

I'd be in no hurry to drop a feed yet. Just run with it for now. Sam will probably surprise you and drop one by himself, even if it's just random to begin with.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast