Default Babies born~September 1st-15th 2010 #1

This thread is for parents who's baby was born September 1st-15th 2010 #1

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Nelle ~ Senior Moderator
    Onyx ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying~ Senior Moderator
    Olive~Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

wahooo! we have a thread!! YAY!!

Our Beautiful Babies...

Mamaspice - Brock William 24th August, 3.74kgs!
    Mummyofgirls - Brydee 4 September, 3.3kgs!
    Cassius2 - Marta 7th September, 3.4kgs!
    Annabelle - Rupert Nicholas 9th September, 7lbs 13oz!
    Hope.Positive.Love - Audrey 11th September, 3.1kgs!
    Muminalice - Katherine Anne 13th September!
    Renson - Andrew Jason 15th September, 3.1kgs!
    Milly5 - Baby Girl 16th September!
    Cherished1 - Baby Boy 18th September, 6lb 14oz!
    Last edited by Cassius2; February 21st, 2011 at 09:37 AM.

sorry guys your original thread got eaten up in the glitch!

te he he Olive! i didnt even realise that it had existed before lol! i just thought we were too busy having babies to notice

lol can't believe we are here already, I swear I only found out I was pregnant yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by muminalice View Post
    lol can't believe we are here already, I swear I only found out I was pregnant yesterday!
    totally! i cannot believe that we are here now...so bizarre!

AFM: well have a sleeping baby...we had a couple of really crazy evenings with Marta and i am feeling pretty exhausted lol. it seems that she sleeps angelically during the day and settles on her own etc etc. but come 6pm and she is wired to the max. have learnt the long way that she really dislikes wrapping. so tonight she is sleeping unwrapped. i have everything crossed that she sleeps ok without it (unchartered territory for me as DD1 loved being swaddled like a fish and chip packet lol).
    BF is going well. i am so thankful for that...had a few ppl tell me that because i had it 'easy' with DD1 (in terms of sleep and feeding) that i was destined to have a hard time this time (thanks guys!). can't believe that i took the comments on board...but i did

It appeared I gave birth to a night owl. At first she would sleep all day and cat nap all night. But after a couple of hard nights have discovered that if I give her a huge feed before we go to bed I can get about 5 hours out of her which saves my sanity. Also trying to get DD1 into a bedtime routine so we can transition her to her own bed. Not going well at the moment. She goes to sleep easily if she doesn't nap, but if she doesn't nap she turns a bit evil by the end of the day. If she naps to late, can't get her to sleep easily, and she wont nap earlier in the day. But at least katie took to BF like a duck to water. O think she came out sucking actually, was looking for the breast about 20 minutes after birth and latched on like a pro! Cass, I had the same comments as you to and I believed them!

muminalice: yeah that is what we are trying to do here too. i found that if i can give her a good full feed around 6.30-7pm then we are off to a better start for the night with a good 4 hour block. it seems that she really gets to sleep for that though only around 9pm. before that it is alot of catnapping. but we are getting used to it in a way. i figure that as long as we are consistent with keeping the lights dim and the mood calm that, like DD, she will click one day that it is a bedtime thing ITMS. of course that is many months down the track for us, but it gives me a sense of order ITMS.
    our bedtime routine for DD1 at that age was to really emphasise getting into pyjamas, getting a glass (or bottle!) of milk on the couch while we read a couple of stories and we told her that after story time was bedtime. we also as we tucked her into bed told her that we would have HEAPS of fun in the morning when she woke up....it varied in success day to day but overall we have found it to be the trick for her (especially the HEAPS of fun bit lol...ahhh bribery lol). that you have some success! she'll get there xx

should i do the list of our babies and birth dates etc??? just realised that i have the first post so could pop it in there?

thought to pop on and blabber to myself

this week has been high emotion. for some reason i am weeping at the most ridiculous things...like soppy ads/tv shows etc lol. oohhh the hormones!

Marta is feeding like a champ but seems to think daytime is nighttime and so forth...ah well, i guess she'll get there in the end. for the past 3 nights we have some sort of rhythm happening for the evenings. she seems to go down around 7-8pm then do a good sleep until 11ish for a quick feed. then up again at around 2am for a longer feed then 5am for a quick feed and then up at around 8.30am for the morning.
    although last night she had us up for quite a bit simply cause of all her snuffly-gruffly goodness lol! she was FAST asleep and DH and I were laughing hysterically at the crazy noises that such a tiny baby can make lol. i need earplugs. seriously.

ok, better sign out for now...this could turn into a blog if you ladies dont get on lol! watch out BB!!! a Cassius2 overload

Hi girls holly molly here we are in a whole new BABY thread so exciting!

I'd like to start by saying a BIG sorry if I've missed anyone's BA's, I've been head down in my new baby world.... Gotta run will be back soon to fill you all in and do some persies

kisses and hugs and baby snuggles to all xoxo

hi girls! thought id pop in and say hello

So lovely of you to include us in the list at the top Cass *mwah* I hear you on the hormones. I was crying at the end of Marley and me the other night and I hadnt even been watching the movie.
    We are going through that unsettled phase during the day ATM And I am also sad at the rate Brock is growing. My newborn is gone! He is out of his 0000's and pumpkin patch newborn sizes. It was sad packing them away today. Some of the little jumpsuites were so cute. Healso has a resceeding hairline. He is losing his newborn fluff Very sad but exciting at the same time. Oh and he's 4.6kgs already mg:
    Feed wise he is screaming for it right on every 3 hours during the day but we are getting into a pattern the last couple of nights. He will have a fed around 10pm then I put him down ahd he has slept til 3am then up again around 6am. He is having EBM and formula

How is everyone elses baby going?
    Last edited by ~mamaspice~; September 29th, 2010 at 03:30 PM.

hi girls!

Cherished: So awesome to hear from you! how is it all going? i hope your boobies are coping ok now...the toe-curling moments are *interesting* to say the least!

MamaS: yeah i too am surprised at how fast Marta is growing. with DD1 cause she was soo tiny we were in 00000s for a month, then 0000 for AGGEESSSS. now Marta is starting to stretch beyond the 0000s and is already in 000 bonds wondersuits . just crazy. and like you, i am conflicted lol! i love that she is growing up (i am able to confidently admit that i am more a 'toddler' mum than a newborn one lol....i like sleep lol), but also a wee bit sad as this will be our last baby...boo hoo. so when we pack up the clothes we are really packing them up IYKWIM...

LOVING brocks night time feeds! a wee bit jealous lol! marta lately seems to go down around 8pm (after we start trying around 6.30pm), then wakes around 11.30, then up again around 3am then again around 6am. then she wakes for the day around 7.30am. this is fairly loose, but basically we are doing 3 night feeds...bit full on but manageable. i also think that the 11pm feed is more me in that she stirs when we go to bed and i find it hard to resist that first little cry. today i have been waiting for the third cryout and it seems if i let her call out once or twice then she pops back asleep and does a proper sleep cycle. so am going to try that at night...

BTW, how is your DD coping? Leila seems ok, but is a little more sensitive and a wee bit more norti...but am hoping that it settles soon enough

AFM: well we had our FIRST shocker of a night last night. Marta appears to have a wee cold (oh no!). so blocked noses all round. also means that she feeds with a bit of her mouth open and got quite alot of wind pain last night. i am hoping that we can avoid that tonight...no one likes hearing a poor wee bubba scream every few minutes!!

hi girls, thought I'd have a chance to get on here and post properly, but think again! I'm not bad, getting a bit down in the early evenings, not sure why? so thankful dh is here 24/7 gosh I love him and bubs!!! I'm off to have a shower than head to bed (after feeding if bubs wakes up 1st) will try to get back on tomorrow to read over your posts, just wanted to drop in and let you all know I'm thinking of you.

getting sad in the evenings is, i think, pretty 'normal'. my naturopath gave me a recipe for a booby booster smoothie (that helps apparently in keeping your mood ok for the evening as milk production is lower by the afternoon/evening as we are tired and (literally!) drained). i have been taking almost religiously and should be drunk around 3pm (i have found it helps HEAPS with my energy and milk and therefore i have also felt much calmer and less weepy in the evenings...cause i was also finding the evenings the toughest emotionally!).

here's the recipe if you guys are interested...

1/2 banana
    cup of acidophilus yoghurt
    1 tbs of flaxseed oil
    6-8 almonds (although i throw in extra as i LOVE them)
    handful of frozen berries (I go the blueberries...yummy and full of antioxidants!)
    cup of soy milk
    cup of juice (i use apple juice, but i also reckon you can do without it)
    tbsp of wheatgerm.

and yeah, throw it all together and blend away baby!!! it is sooo yummy! i also gave the recipe to my friend that is giving EBM to her son and she reckons she gets an extra bottle each night filled

My DH has/is also wonderful and lovely with me atm! i am so loving having him home it aint funny! we are also excited as we are planning a road trip for the end of October. a friend in wollongong has an apartment right on the beach that she is offering to us! YAY! so we are hitting the beach and can't wait! sooo over the grey cold of melbourne.

Marta is beginning to recover from her cold. i have been plying the poor wee girl with boob the whole time to try and fight off the bugs and it appears to working. last night was a much better night and she managed a good 5 hour stretch in the beginning which i think helped her turn a corner.

on a funnier note we had a POO-SPLOSION! front and back and through the nappy, up the clothes all the way to her shoulders . sooo funny! you shoulda seen her face lol!

Hi girls! Just a quick post on my cousins iPhone we are on a few days holiday to sunshine coast with family
    Cherished feeling down in evening is completely normal Hun. The evenings are my least fav time of day cause everything is happening at once.
    Cass dd is pretty good but yes a little more trying at times
    Bbl xx

Hi Everyone!

Wow how I'm missing my sleep! But second time round is so much easier. With my first pregnancy I was sick of hearing mums say "wait till u have your second, it's so much easier" and now look at me preaching!

Cass I just realized I gave the wrong birth weight for my Andy. He was 3.1kg not 2.1 lol. That really would be a small bubba. My DS1 is also being a little naughty ATM. He has only just started wanting to slightly interact with his new brother. He has been very wary around him poor thing. Adjusting for all! Andy has also had a cold which has made him gassy from the air during booby time. Fingers crossed it leaves soon. My DS1 had colic and I found chemist gripe water and infacol fabulous ( but the baby has to be a month old to use it, so I'm waiting for then).

Cherished- getting down in the evenings is so normal sweety. It's like your body is fearing what the night will bring sleep wise (or should I say lack of sleep wise). It's amazing how we function on so little sleep!! My DH sleeps through the night wakes and he still feels tired in the morning! Us women are tough and resilient!!

Mamaspice- wow I can't believe Brock is sleeping for five hours you lucky thing! And has outgrown his 0000 clothes! He is doing so well! How much does he weigh now?

Well my little Andy is just over two weeks old now and has put on 700 grams. He loves his booby so much! My milk has a massive amount of fat in it. Being a big girl myself I didn't want to weigh myself throughout pregnancy in fear. Well i weighed myself a couple of days after having Andy and actually weigh less than I did before being pregnant when I was on weight watchers! So impressed! I'm now being so good with my eating and physical activity that I have lost another couple of kgs! Pitty i have so much more to lose

HI girls,

cas so glad Martas cold is getting better. Thanks for that recipe, I will start it as of tomorrow! I loooove smoothies so can't wait. I don't have any wheat germ in the house but will duck out and pick some up tomorrow

renson I weighed myself yesterday and I've got about 20 kg's to loose I'm hoping it will kinda fall off and then in about a months time I will start actively trying to loose what is left.

mamsS how's your holiday, bit of a shame the weather isn't that nice atm on the sunny coast, I saw on the news tonight that it could rain for the next 23 days

muminalcie 5 hours! YAY

Our little boy is doing great, gosh I'm so in love with him it's not funny! We got him weighed yesterday and he's put on 400 grams so that is great and I can really notice it too, he's already getting bigger. We are finding he is sleeping well at night waking every 3 hours for a feed and nappy change. During the day it's harder to put him down as he'd rather sleep on my or dh's chest. We are getting better at it though and have started moving him from my chest into his sleeper within 20 mins while he is in a deeper sleep and we are having more success with it (thankfully). He's having the most beautiful awake times and is copying dh already! he is poking his tongue out on que and raising his arms when prompted, so adorable! his eyes also follow us around which is so nice. My nipples have recovered fine and feeding isn't a problem, he's actually really quick and is done in about 10 mins, at 1st I thought he mightn't be getting enough but he's put on so much weight that he must be fine my dh has also been just amazing! I honestly don't know what I'd do without him. He's been doing just as many nappy changes as me and he does most of the settling too and burping. We have found that bubs only really grizzles for a longer period of time when he's got gas or trying to get a poop out other than that he stops crying as soon as his bums changed or he's fed so really he's being great. I managed to have 2 day time sleeps today and a good snuggle with dh so my spirits are a litter higher tonight.

Hi again
    oh cass glad Marta is getting over her little cold.

Renson I'm about 6 kilos lighter than when I was preg. I am struggling with motivation ATM tho I want to lose another 20kg or so. Brock is now 4.6kg and quite long about 55cm

Cherished sounds like your little one is gaining beautifully. And you look gorgeous darl so don't be worrying about your baby weight

Brocky has been really unsettled at times still. I've had to put him on thickened formula as he has become increasingly spewy.
    I'm a bit worried he's developing acid reflux like Charli had

Oh yes cass lol at the poo explosion. The other day I was lifting up brocks bottom and he hadn't finished pooing and it squirted out all over my top!
    Last edited by ~mamaspice~; October 3rd, 2010 at 11:04 AM.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast