Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 2006 #112

hello

Last edited by ~Flossie~; November 30th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.

yay Congrats on the arrival of your baby Girl Amy!!!!

great to hear your doing so well

I'm glad she's feeding well, that makes things easier!

Got a call from Early Intervention, we've accepted a service that comes to us (or kinder), so that's really convenient!

Hi girls........been a long time but I just wanted to say I have been thinking of you all...well the ones I remember from ALL THOSE YRS AGO!!!I cannot quite grasp the idea Bailey is off to big school next year. A weeee bit freaked out atm! My thoughts keep turning to all of you and wondering how you are coping with the idea that these sweet, gorgeous little people are off to big school next year? Have you started looking into schools?

Bailey is now at preschool twice a week, one day by himself and the next day with his little brother tagging along. The day he goes by himself they spend doing the pre-starting school program. He does it on Wednesdays too but I think he gets distracted by Noah!

Does anyone else have a argumentive 4 yr old? Gee wizz.......some days I am so glad when DH arrives home and I literally hand over Bailey to him to deal with! I think I might need to reread my Raising Boys book again.

Anywho, just wanted to pop in and say g'day. I really should do it more often but just getting onto BB for my 2010 BB group is a challenge most days!

Hope you are all well.
    xxxxx

Flossie have said congrats on FB but congrats again she is gorgeous makes me very clucky LOL

Vixster Jack is liek that I call it his kindy attitude when he is real bad I make him have a cool shower and a 10min rest works wonders I have actually said go have a shower and wash away the kindy attitude LOL

Huge congrats Annie, very happy for you.

Oh yes, we have a very argumentative 4 year old - gosh there were the two year old tanty's, three year old somethings and now the argumentative four's !!!! Argh.......does my head in too!!! Lucky enough dS hasn't started on his two year old tanty's yet, he's pretty cruisy.

Nelle - great news on the Early Intervention, excellent.

AFM - just waiting.....due Sat so will see.....

Take care, L x

Hi ladies

Thought i might pop in and say hi aswell.

Contratulations Annie.. glad everythings going so well with Amy

I cant believe theyre off to big school next year either! Im so not looking forward to it.. even though Jesse cant wait. Im going to miss him so much. He's my little buddy. He goes to preschool 2 days a week atm and loves it. Ive been pretty lucky with Jesse.. he is a quite mature kid. He has his moments but they are actually quite rare. As for my little miss.. well she makes up for it! lol. Gawd help me when shes 4, if shes already like this now!

Good luck Boo Boo! Hope bubs doesnt make you wait too long!

Very cute names Belle!! We're really stuck on middle names.. hopefully something comes to us soon!

AFM.. Im due tomorrow week. Like the other 2 i think ill go a few days over.. but am very over this pregnancy. What i was thinking having a summer baby i do not know. The heat has been killing me, not to mension the gastro, flues, infections and everything else ive had over the last 9 months. Very looking forward to meeting our little one.

Hope everyone else is well and their little darlings are also.

xx

Kelly - wishing you a wonderful week or so left of your pregnancy, looking forward to your news!!! xxx

wow its a baby explosion in here again hey

good luck Laurin, Kelly and Belle

yes seems to be baby explosions atm!

Kell- Do you know what you're having? can't wait to hear the news! For a second there I was thinking what heat, then der realised your not in melb! We've had mild summer but 2 years ago when I was 8 mths preg with Emily and we had that week long heatwave of 40+ degrees and record temps, so I know how crap it is!

laurin- If you wait to go and have bubs on monday then he/ she can share a birthday with Emily lol.

vixstar- I know school next year! I am gonna miss Ash being away all day everyday, I'm so used to her being around, my little buddy.

nelle- Thats great! My nephew went thru early intervention and it was really good for him, they got speech, occupational therapy, all different areas that you might need. So utilise them for anything that you're having issues with.

Flossie- great to hear things are going so well. Saw some pics on FB, very cute!

Wow – It seems like there are a few new little ones that will be here soon! How exciting! We had decided that 2 bubs is enough for us, so there will be no more little ones in our house. But I am so jealous of you ladies that are going to have newborn cuddles soon!

We went to the kindy meeting yesterday. It went ok. J isn’t really crying any more for drop off and pick up. So that is good. But they are saying that he doesn’t really complete tasks without adult supervision. He also loves playing with his peers, but he takes the lead fully from the other child, and does not initiate the activities himself. He has always wanted to be with an adult, and has never really played well on his own.

The also said although he has great imaginative play, he wont change roles during the play. Meaning that just say he was playing being a bear and someone else was a tiger, he wouldn’t swap to be the tiger, he would just want to stay the bear.

As he HATES painting/drawing/craft, he will not initiate this at all. So he is missing out on these early writing skills. So we have to work on encouraging him more. They are still saying that he is behind in most areas, although not significantly.

It is all hard for me to hear as I feel like I have somehow failed him.

If he is not ready for school for next year (and it is looking like that will be the case) I will keep him in Kindy for another year, or send him to the Montessori school, that doesn’t have defined year levels.

Meg it sounds good they're communicating these things to you, it means you can support from home. Would he be into finger painting do you think? Riv is a bit behind too, but it really is early days. J might feel more comfy to branch out once the routine is more settled?

All the best for the births of these babies!

Nelle - It is funny that J and Riv were always the same! Remember having these same conversations when they were younger?

Hehe. Hopefully they will both be just dandy with a bit of extra guidance.

Did I mention his teachers told me he's been hitting? He's my peaceful one! The assistant thinks he likes the reactions...that's my button pusher alright. Allegedly I was a button pusher as a kid too. Methinks he misses having his brother to rumble with. Any suggestions? Boys and their testosterone still mystify me...

We don't bave hitting here, although he told me that a boy hit him. I asked him what did he do and he said he just hits back! Not sure what to suggest except talking about how hitting makes people sad.

Anyone finding that the kids are just exhausted ATM? I think all the kindy learning must be tiring them out.

Off camping for a week. We leave in the morning.

Nelle - interesting that you mentioned the hitting because Bailey in the past...say...2 months has started doing that to his little brother. I am shocked every time he does it. I spoke with the head of his preschool and she said for me to help him with his words, to ask him why he hit Noah and if he says for example, 'he took my car', for me to then suggest a way of him dealing with it with WORDS not FISTS. eg 'Noah, that is my car. I would like it back.' She said at this age they can get quite frustrated and the physical side takes over iykwim.

Hope that helps!

xxxxx

That's helpful, thanks Vix! He's strangely sketchy on understanding 'why', so I start him off by helping him answer - 'you hit Si because...?' and he says 'because he took my car' or whatever else the reason is. We often remind him to use his words, I'll try practice being on the spot more and helping him make the 'talking not hitting' connection.

Meg- please stop feeling like that. All kids are different, thats just him, just some areas to work on. I'm glad the teacher organised a meeting, have them regularly to see where he's at and what you all want to work towards. He'll get there.

our hitting here is more from Emily. She is the one that hits Ash if she's annoyed, tells us go away.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast